MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

10 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Rebels Maul and Leia are both cool choices, especially if they come with the broken Inquisitor lightsaber and Lola respectively :thumbup:

So it looks like we get representatives for different properties that aren’t the three Skywalker trilogies (so far): Legends, TCW, and now Rebels and Obi-Wan. Fingers crossed that TBOBF, the two Jedi games, The Bad Batch, Rogue One, and Solo are the other properties!! :excited:

Hopefully each of those properties can be represented. It would be good to go back and cover some missing characters from last time such as Saw Gerrera, Black Krrsantan, Dryden Vos, Galen Erso, Nala Se, Cobb Vanth or live action Cad Bane. I'd also give Tales of the Jedi a shout out just for Yaddle.

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Rebels Maul and Leia are both cool choices, especially if they come with the broken Inquisitor lightsaber and Lola respectively :thumbup:

So it looks like we get representatives for different properties that aren’t the three Skywalker trilogies (so far): Legends, TCW, and now Rebels and Obi-Wan. Fingers crossed that TBOBF, the two Jedi games, The Bad Batch, Rogue One, and Solo are the other properties!! :excited:

Are they? Rebels maul is fairly cool, but Young Leia? There's nothing interesting about her, and while the actress did about as well as you can expect an 8 year old or so to do, she wasn't exactly universally praised in the show.

Cal Kestis would be AWESOME. I feel like the best options would be Krrsantan, Cal (survivor), Tech (S2) or republic crosshair, Saw, and... gee, I don't know. A new Range Trooper? Dryden?, but given we're getting Young Leia, I'd more realistically expect it to be Mod (the one that does the spin), Cere (bald), Cid, Galen (farming outfit), and... Dryden I guess.

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

IIRC, the anniversary ‘figs are just for the live-action instalments (so no TBB or J:FO/J:S). 

Please let me go to your universe where live action KOTOR exists.

I was at target today (last minute christmas presents), and they had the january sets on shelves already. The clones and droids pack had it's number listed but someone already got to all of them :(. The young jedi adventures set still had all copies on shelves, on the other hand. I expect this to be what it looks like when I go hunting for that pack on the first.

22 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

@Falconfan1414 last night on stream confirmed that the anniversary figure he was hinting at was Young Leia and that Rebels Darth Maul is one of the anniversary figures. Update he said Darth Maul is coming in the first HALF of 2024.

is this livestream availible to go back and watch? and if so where?

Personally I'm excited for neither of these figs. Young Leia I'm not a fan because it's just a boring character to me from a show that I felt just wasn't that good aside from a few moments (e.g. the vader vs obi duel), and Maul I get people like his character and yeah I agree he's cool but cmon we've gotten a lot of mauls over the years how different can this one actually be? He's just getting to be a little stale imo. Like idk a different facial expression? And the body? slightly different outfit but maybe a mix of the 2013 mandalorian speeder maul arms with some generic black cloth printed torso? Maybe I'm being pessimistic but it's just not what I personally wanted, I was expecting something more unique, more cool that we haven't seen before.

Edited by Minishark2000

44 minutes ago, Minishark2000 said:

Personally I'm excited for neither of these figs. Young Leia I'm not a fan because it's just a boring character to me from a show that I felt just wasn't that good aside from a few moments (e.g. the vader vs obi duel), and Maul I get people like his character and yeah I agree he's cool but cmon we've gotten a lot of mauls over the years how different can this one actually be? He's just getting to be a little stale imo. Like idk a different facial expression? And the body? slightly different outfit but maybe a mix of the 2013 mandalorian speeder maul arms with some generic black cloth printed torso? Maybe I'm being pessimistic but it's just not what I personally wanted, I was expecting something more unique, more cool that we haven't seen before.

I agree that neither of these are ideal, especially in comparison to ARC Fives and Darth Malak. To start off with two pretty heavily requested characters and then follow up with two pretty boring variants of common characters is really tough. Maul isn't as bad to me, though I think that's mainly because he's amazing in comparison to young Leia. He's at least a character that was really interesting in the show his outfit's from, even if the figure itself won't be all that different from what we've had before. Young Leia is not only a pretty boring character (human child in pretty "normal" clothes), but it's not like she's an incredibly interesting character at that point in time.

And if anyone tries to say she's a good choice because we might get a molded Lola... first of all, Lola's TINY. She at best should be a 1x1 round tile with a print. But more importantly, I hate Lola with a burning passion. She's everything wrong with star wars merchandising. I was at Ross (a bargain/discount outlet. They unfortunately do not have legos, because those never hit discounts that bad) today, and the only star wars toy they had more than one of was Lola, which was filling the table of toys they had. (They also had a couple Black Series endor dress leias, but like... I could have told hasbro that'd happen, why not Endor Leia's combat outfit?)

Edited by Mandalorianknight

On 12/24/2023 at 3:43 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

I And if anyone tries to say she's a good choice because we might get a molded Lola... first of all, Lola's TINY. She at best should be a 1x1 round tile with a print. But more importantly, I hate Lola with a burning passion. She's everything wrong with star wars merchandising.

I liked her. While obviously made to sell toys, it works in my book as I‘m a sucker for cute things and it‘s a toy in-universe too :laugh: Also, she‘s relevant to the plot!

Granted, we will very likely not get a new piece for her (if she‘s even included in the first place), but at the very least a cool new print!

The Lego Star Wars Magazine which releases 26 January in Germany will feature Imperator Palpatine with cape, hood and two force-lightning pieces. Probably the minifig from 75352 Emperor's Throne Room Diorama.

And apparently the 29 December Mandalorian Fleet Commander comes with a bag of visors and rangefinders :laugh:

16 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I liked her. While obviously made to sell toys, it works in my book as I‘m a sucker for cute things and it‘s a toy in-universe too :laugh: Also, she‘s relevant to the plot!

I'd take a stormtrooper with different armor/colors who's functionally the same as a standard trooper over a toy that's poorly added into the plot any day. And this is coming from a guy who likes the ewoks. Reason being, they worked in the plot. Something the empire wouldn't consider a threat or worth their time that ended up being an asset to the rebels. (Though their characterization change to bloodthirsty human-eaters who have been confirmed multiple times now to have consumed imperial troops doesn't hurt either, and adds to the whole "more than meets the eye" thing they've got goin on). Lola is a weird toy that, despite having some level of autonomy and ability, her kidnappers allow her to keep. Though a 10 year old girl managed to evade those kidnappers just by running away for much longer than they should have... and this is the same show where "No, officer, this suspicous large lump extending from my stomach to my feet isn't an escaping child" works on an entire hanger of the empire's finest.

13 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

The Lego Star Wars Magazine which releases 26 January in Germany will feature Imperator Palpatine with cape, hood and two force-lightning pieces. Probably the minifig from 75352 Emperor's Throne Room Diorama.

That's nice- always good to see the figs from more expensive sets show up in these, even if it's across the pond.

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Just a heads up. I never said rebels maul

Uh oh. Does this mean no Maul or another version of his?

The best case scenario then would be no Maul, freeing the Rebels spot for someone more interesting (Seventh Sister, anyone?)! :excited:

The worst case would be Solo Maul, since we already had that one and it would rob us of a new Solo character.

A new version from TCW also wouldn’t be great, as we had plenty of them (minus his robot spider lower body from his animated debut), as it would destroy the nice pattern we thought we’re having.

And a TPM version would be very disappointing too, for many obvious reasons :laugh:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

9 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Are we getting some version of him as an anniversary Minifig, though? 

No not an anniversary fig. Just a regular Maul

19 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

If I'm picking up what you're putting down... seems like we could be getting a TPM anniversary Duel of the Fates diorama in May? 👀

1 hour ago, SketchBrick said:

If I'm picking up what you're putting down... seems like we could be getting a TPM anniversary Duel of the Fates diorama in May? 👀

Next to Anakin v Obi Wan on Mustafar, this is THE prequel diorama that has to happen

Thoughts on what the diorama would be like for that scene? I've been thinking about it for maybe 3 mins, and can't quite figure out what exactly the diorama would be for a let's say 600 piece set. I was thinking that chasm area where maul dies like the earlier Duel on Naboo set from 2017, but a larger version of that can't just use the corner curved wall panel pieces, so whatever the model would be, would take up a lot of pieces I'm imagining. Maybe just 1 wall of that scene, like maybe the end of that red laser hallway and the entrance to the chasm area where maul Qui gon and maul will be displayed fighting?

Either this imo or the earlier scene in the duel with those huge bright energy tubes and platforms, but I doubt Lego would have a set with so many transparent pieces just for one set.

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The best case scenario then would be no Maul, freeing the Rebels spot for someone more interesting (Seventh Sister, anyone?)! :excited:

I’ve been saying from the beginning of the rebels maul rumors that I’d rather have seventh sister, I hope it happens too

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The rebels inqs are all great, and as we haven't had Seventh Sister yet and 8th brother is pretty easy to make (first order techie helmet on a standard inquisitor body with azure hands), seventh sister would be possibly the best choice from rebels (though i'd like Rebel Kallus and S4 Ezra at some point as well). It'd be cool if they re-made the old maiden hat from castle, as it's pretty much exactly what her helmet looks like, and I don't think any existing pieces would work.

1 hour ago, Minishark2000 said:

Thoughts on what the diorama would be like for that scene? I've been thinking about it for maybe 3 mins, and can't quite figure out what exactly the diorama would be for a let's say 600 piece set. I was thinking that chasm area where maul dies like the earlier Duel on Naboo set from 2017, but a larger version of that can't just use the corner curved wall panel pieces, so whatever the model would be, would take up a lot of pieces I'm imagining. Maybe just 1 wall of that scene, like maybe the end of that red laser hallway and the entrance to the chasm area where maul Qui gon and maul will be displayed fighting?

Either this imo or the earlier scene in the duel with those huge bright energy tubes and platforms, but I doubt Lego would have a set with so many transparent pieces just for one set.

A black base with clear bricks leading up to catwalks, like the Luke Vs Vader set that unofficially started the diorama line. Throw the big hole in there somewhere- I think you can do it with the corner curved wall pieces, but I think it'd still only be half of it. My guess would be we have the laser gate area on the left side- maybe 2-3 gates, then a catwalk leading to the reactor hole on the right side, maybe with some other small catwalks placed around on clear bricks. The hole is facing the front and only a semicircle. This allows for a few scenes- the laser gate, Qui-gon's death, maul's death, and "train the boy".

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Thank [insert some deity]!! :laugh: So that frees the spot for a more unique character AND pretty much confirms a TPM set (other than the pod race diorama)! Excellent news!

9 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Do we know for sure that Maul will be in a diorama? 

No I don't think that's been confirmed anywhere, I was just speculating based on what we know (regular Maul coming in 1HY, TPM anniversary, only 1 diorama confirmed so far so a second would make sense).

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what we get, but no sources have said so as of yet.

10 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Do we know for sure that Maul will be in a diorama? 

Not at all (I think?). The only diorama we know of is the Podrace one.

A Duel of the Fates diorama would make complete sense, however this could easily be a playset. Let’s not rule out a remake of Maul’s Scimitar either - it’s been a while and Lego never quite cracked it in terms of a good system-scaled set.  

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Thank [insert some deity]!! :laugh: So that frees the spot for a more unique character AND pretty much confirms a TPM set (other than the pod race diorama)! Excellent news!

[the maker]

Almost certainly, but... hypothetically speaking, he never specified TPM maul. All Falconfan's claiming is that a maul figure is coming at some point, not as an anniversary fig, and it's likely not rebels maul. Now granted, it's almost certainly TPM Maul, but then I don't get to be pedantic OR start taking Malachor set copium, and that's no fun.

1 hour ago, Kaijumeister said:

A Duel of the Fates diorama would make complete sense, however this could easily be a playset. Let’s not rule out a remake of Maul’s Scimitar either - it’s been a while and Lego never quite cracked it in terms of a good system-scaled set.  

They can really throw maul into a number of sets, so long as he was around the item- a Naboo Fighter (and vulture droid?), a Nemolodian Core Ship, the Naboo Royal Starship (which I mantain we won't see), etc. It's really just confirmation another TPM set is on it's way. Maul's the main villain of TPM, I think anyone could guess he'd probably show up this summer once the AAT polybag leaked with the TPM logo on it.

56 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Almost certainly, but... hypothetically speaking, he never specified TPM maul. All Falconfan's claiming is that a maul figure is coming at some point, not as an anniversary fig, and it's likely not rebels maul.

I think that @Renown hinted at TPM set(s), so Maul could come in whatever they were referring to. 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Almost certainly, but... hypothetically speaking, he never specified TPM maul. All Falconfan's claiming is that a maul figure is coming at some point, not as an anniversary fig, and it's likely not rebels maul. Now granted, it's almost certainly TPM Maul, but then I don't get to be pedantic OR start taking Malachor set copium, and that's no fun.

True, Falconfan didn’t specify that. But it’s the 25th anniversary of TPM and at least one set has been hinted at as @Classic_Spaceman is pointing out, so the chances of it being TCW, Rebels, or Solo Maul are indeed veeeeeeery low :snicker:

Too bad him and Boss Nass don’t share any scenes or are ever in any proximity. A set with the latter included would immediately be more of a draw :grin: 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I think that @Renown hinted at TPM set(s), so Maul could come in whatever they were referring to.

Am I correct in thinking it was mentioned Maul would be a minifig in a set from the first half of the year? If that's the case, it can likely only be in May, and typically most of the May sets these days are 18+ oriented, thus a diorama is more likely in my eyes than a playset.