scarovich

[MOC] Spring's Renewal

My first creation in this "Seasons" series (Autumn's Canvas) was lucky enough to win a LEGO Ideas challenge and will soon be on display in LEGO House starting next year.  Because of that I decided to complete the set.  This is the third model in the series.

spring_v4.jpg

spring_v4_10.jpg

spring_v4_3.jpg

spring_v4_12.jpg

spring_v4_13.jpg

Check out my other projects on Instagram and Flickr.

Edited by scarovich
Updated links

Great build and congrats! The rounded base reminds me of the tallneck.

43 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Great build and congrats! The rounded base reminds me of the tallneck.

Thanks.  The round base was actually inspired from works by Ralf Langer.

That looks great. I think my favourite part is the lipstick for the bird's beak.

3 hours ago, MAB said:

That looks great. I think my favourite part is the lipstick for the bird's beak.

Thanks.  The bird and nest are recycled elements from a build I created in May.  They seemed appropriate to include here as well.

3 hours ago, 1963maniac said:

This is GREAT ART!!

Thanks! Glad you like it.

1 hour ago, _TLG_ said:

Awesom build!

Thank you.

1 hour ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

This masterpiece drives me crazy! *oh2*
The part I like most is the effect of the concentric waves in the water! :wub::wub:
Even the hair is masterfully done :thumbup:

Thanks!  Spent at least a week on trying to get that ripple looking that way. Eventually, it was the element that forced the whole base to be built with the bricks on their side.  If you look closely, I used an octopus part to get the curls in her hair.

Damn this one is my favorite out of your "Seasons Girls" ... for now! I really love the detailled Nature, and the curled Hair is also very nice.

Am I right assuming you are not building these MOCs with the intention of building them IRL? Because I can tell this MOC is damn massive!

17 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Damn this one is my favorite out of your "Seasons Girls" ... for now! I really love the detailled Nature, and the curled Hair is also very nice.

Am I right assuming you are not building these MOCs with the intention of building them IRL? Because I can tell this MOC is damn massive!

Glad you like them.  I have already built the "Autumn's Canvas" model as it is being shipped to Denmark for display at LEGO House.  My intention is to build all of them to show as a complete set one day.

This is really special. Definitely one of the best in media res Lego dioramas I've seen. It allows so much room for the viewer to imagine their own story. 

I've been exploring building Lego in non-minifigure scale for sometime and it's fantastic to see such a superb creation for inspiration - both for techniques and artistic composition. Thank you!

Absolutely fantastic!

12 hours ago, Dufflefan said:

This is really special. Definitely one of the best in media res Lego dioramas I've seen. It allows so much room for the viewer to imagine their own story. 

I've been exploring building Lego in non-minifigure scale for sometime and it's fantastic to see such a superb creation for inspiration - both for techniques and artistic composition. Thank you!

Absolutely fantastic!

Thank you so much for the comment.  I recently started playing around with building larger figures and became absolutely hooked by how much you can do with them artistically.  I really recommend giving them a try for anyone who like making MOCs.

Stunning build. The figure is perfect and the scenery is gorgeous. Even the lady dipping her toe is detailed with the ripples.

2 minutes ago, Feuer Zug said:

Stunning build. The figure is perfect and the scenery is gorgeous. Even the lady dipping her toe is detailed with the ripples.

Thanks.  Glad you like it.