TheBrickPal

Animal Crossing 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

825avtedit2.jpg?ex=65386f5c&is=6525fa5c&

In all seriousness, I think these sets are really cute. The minifigures look great and it looks like parts of the Isabelle House Visit set and the house from Nook's Cranny can be interchanged. It looks like if this theme continues the houses will keep to a similar design philosophy to allow things like the windows, doors, roofs and awnings to the entrances of the homes can be rearranged.

Also, not surprised by some of the choice in characters. Julian is quite popular among the fanbase, as is Marshall. I'm surprised that Lego's committed to using different leg pieces to distinguish height between most of the characters, a thing that is the case in the game. Squirrels tend to be kind of short where horses are quite tall. 

I'm kind of surprised the Town Hall isn't here, but I imagine we'll see it and other iconic buildings like the museum and the Able Sister's boutique later on down the line. There's a surprising amount of material to pull from, especially if they don't stick to just New Horizons for inspiration. There's the Roost (the town cafe), the town lighthouse, the police station, heck, even a train station with a train. I don't know, I kind of hope Lego branches beyond New Horizons and gives us some stuff from New Leaf or even the original from the Nintendo 64/Gamecube. I think Lego's got a winner on their hands with this theme.

Again, I know nothing about Animal Crossing other than it is a game, but these minifigs are just too cute to not be collected. 

I am hoping someone makes a MOC of the houses so they become modulars that can be put together!

I really hope they make a museum set with a Blathers minifig. I need a Blathers minifig in my life. I need him because of Reasons.

4 hours ago, Karalora said:

I really hope they make a museum set with a Blathers minifig. I need a Blathers minifig in my life. I need him because of Reasons.

Or how about an Able Sisters Tailor Shop with Mabel and Sable?

1 hour ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

Or how about Leif selling green stuff, Sahara selling carpets and Redd selling fake paintings/statues. 
in any case we need also new kinds of fish, deep sea creatures and bugs. New animal molds are preferred. 

btw if there is going to be a set with a dinosaur skeleton build in it, people that don’t play ac don’t get it at all lol. Ac, what a good game!

what iconic ac furniture do you like to see to be made?

Have sets ever been revealed this early ?!

The UK prices are surprisingly reasonable.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There’s only one correct answer to that.

Froggy chair

Double yeah.

1 hour ago, Borex said:

what iconic ac furniture do you like to see to be made?

More of an appliance, really, but AC ain't complete without the Pompompurin TV.

Pompompurin_TV_NH_Icon.png

4 hours ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

I don't need them because of Reasons, but yes, sets of all the iconic buildings please!

5 minutes ago, Karalora said:

I don't need them because of Reasons, but yes, sets of all the iconic buildings please!

I'm surprised that Town Hall wasn't in the first wave.

10 hours ago, El Garfio said:

These sets are only understanding if there is a cmf serie or Xtra polibags with characters and forniture

Not sure about CMF series… Pseudo CMF series will do better (take a look at Vidiyo and Mario). 

Xtra (theme) itself is dead but it’s still possible for Animal Crossing polybags. 

If anyone cares there was an update on the AU pricing

Kapp’n $10 less, Julian $3 less, Isabelle $10 more, Tom book $10 more

i also remmeber the initial reports said there would be 2 BrickHeadz coming. Not sure if OP wants to add that 

7 hours ago, Bobdapeach said:

i also remmeber the initial reports said there would be 2 BrickHeadz coming. Not sure if OP wants to add that 

Isabelle and Digby would be good choices for those.

46 minutes ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

Isabelle and Digby would be good choices for those.

I have a feeling it will just be Isabelle and Tom Nook. We don't even have a Digby minifigure yet. I would love to see him at some point, though!

2 minutes ago, TheBrickPal said:

I have a feeling it will just be Isabelle and Tom Nook. We don't even have a Digby minifigure yet. I would love to see him at some point, though!

Does a character actually have to have a minifigure before they can be the subject for a BrickHeadz set? I'd think that would be the draw for the latter - exclusive characters.

Guess we'll find out!

18 minutes ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

Does a character actually have to have a minifigure before they can be the subject for a BrickHeadz set? I'd think that would be the draw for the latter - exclusive characters.

Guess we'll find out!

No, we've had BrickHeadz versions of characters before minifigure versions before. Tom just seems more likely to me. Don't get me wrong, I would love a Digby one! I just don't expect it yet.

Maybe the Brickheadz will be the human villagers, one male-presenting and one female-presenting. That would be the best way to enable customization of hairstyle, etc. without having to produce a slew of new parts.

Is it okay to post predictions for future waves here? Having now seen the first wave of sets, some of my predictions/ideas going forward include:

• The Museum! I imagine this would have to be a pretty big set compared to what there's been so far, for it to have separate "wings" for bugs and fish (even bigger if you add in fossils and paintings). Obviously would have to include Blathers, MAYBE Celeste (though she could be worked into a separate set as well). I'm not sure whether Brewster/The Roost would be included—that might make the whole thing too big for the kinds of builds we've seen so far, so might work better as a separate set.
  • The Airport! Since the sets seem to be largely inspired by New Horizons, this is a no-brainer. A small airport building and swooshable seaplane would make for a great set. Obviously a set like this would feature Orville and Wilbur.
  • Tailor Shop! One of the other major establishments that's missing so far, Mabel and Sable's tailor shop is a natural fit for the theme. Alternate outfits for characters could be included so you could customize some villagers.
  • Redd's Treasure Trawler. This one feels less certain—Redd doesn't solely operate out of his trawler even in the latest game (where he also runs firework stands in the summer, or operates out of an RV on Harv's island). But I do love a good boat set.
  • Town Hall/Resident Services. This surprisingly didn't show up in the first wave, but could possibly be a good subject for a subsequent wave. Isabelle could be included in either her island button-down shirt from New Horizons or her fall/winter outfit from New Leaf, and any number of other characters who operate outside in the square could be included.
  • DJ KK concert. K.K. would be an obvious character to show up in some sort of set, but one of his DJ gigs would be particularly good for a small to mid-size set.
  • Seasonal sets! I don't know how much of this sort of thing to necessarily expect, since a potential CMF-like series could potentially cover some of the holiday-related special characters. But I could definitely see an Advent Calendar happening with Jingle and some winter/"Toy Day"-related builds.

Of course, it's far from limited to these sorts of things. I expect there's plenty of potential for other character houses, or other outdoor scenes (especially with the possibility of scenes representing other seasons like fall or winter). And as others have discussed, a CMF-style series would be an amazing fit for this theme, both to include a wider assortment of animal villagers and possibly some special characters/visitors who might not otherwise fit neatly into a set of their own.

Edited by Lyichir

I'd like to see a set focusing on the natural world in the game--just builds of trees, bushes, flowers, water features, and cliffsides that can be used to plump out the other sets or arranged to be one of the outside islands you can travel to.

For the museum, I think the biggest issue would be reconciling the cozy scale of the actual building exterior with the huge spaces inside. Maybe just have a single "exhibit space" with one each of a fish tank, bug terrarium, fossil skeleton, and statue or painting?

Edited by Karalora

4 hours ago, Karalora said:

Maybe the Brickheadz will be the human villagers, one male-presenting and one female-presenting.

I don't think that there is enough difference between the different genders of villagers to have it be worth making two different sets - not to mention all of the different skin tones/hair styles that could be included. Having one big set with enough parts to customize it however you want (like the 40542 Barcelona set) would be a better fit. So, I'm going to guess Tom Nook and Isabelle, since we're getting two.

I think the best bet for big location sets are the museum, Town Hall, and Able Sisters. They've been in every game and look similar (though not identical) in each installment. I think they'll wait to do Town Hall for a bit (so there's more of an incentive to buy the sets with Tom Nook and Isabelle), and there could be a conflict with the big museum coming out in January (though they obviously appeal to different audiences), so I'll predict that we get Able Sisters next. I'm less sure about what other locations could be coming... It probably depends on how heavily they want to lean into New Horizons, and how much they want to go to older locations (or even new ones, depending on when the next game comes out).

An advent calendar could also be interesting... It would probably have more useful furniture builds than the mini ships we get with Star Wars, for example. Even if they do miniaturized locations, that would even fit in with the mini locations you could get back on the Gamecube. And, of course, we could get even more characters/outfits for the characters. The only issue is that it would be one more thing on my shopping list to get...

4 minutes ago, JohnTPT17 said:

I don't think that there is enough difference between the different genders of villagers to have it be worth making two different sets

That is true. It just seems weird not to have the player character represented at all.