Peppermint_M

LEGO Dreamzzz 2024 Rumours and Discussion

Honestly, for me the biggest stand out is the Sandman Tower! I love the gears sticking out of the sides, and the use of the hot air balloon pieces for the tower top, The biggest thing that impressed me though is how thorough the alternate build is, they actually feel like 2 different sets! I hope more Dreamzzz sets go this far with the idea, because it makes the set all the more impressive for it.

The space car also looks great, though I'm surprised by the gold Dr. Oz and Albert, feels like a strange choice. I really like the monster included too, it's more creative than a lot of the other ones we've seen and I hope they continue in that direction with the enemies.

The wackiness of this theme reminds me a lot of the lego movies sets 

I wouldn't be surprised if some unused concepts for those themes were repurposed for Dreamzzz

13 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The wackiness of this theme reminds me a lot of the lego movies sets 

I wouldn't be surprised if some unused concepts for those themes were repurposed for Dreamzzz

Maybe you are right that it does remind of the Lego Movie theme but DreamZzzz is completely original and unique from other previous themes. DreamZzz is basically a hybrid of the Lego Movie and Hidden Side. 

3 hours ago, El Garfio said:

Why Oz taxi is space and Mateo car not?

Because Mr. Oz's overall theme (since this year) has been space, and the set has NASA-esque inspiration in its black and white wings, mechanical arm, and rover alt-build. Mateo's set only vaguely resembles a space rover—it's mostly a fantastical sci-fi sort of design like the other Z-Blob vehicles he's had.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Because Mr. Oz's overall theme (since this year) has been space, and the set has NASA-esque inspiration in its black and white wings, mechanical arm, and rover alt-build. Mateo's set only vaguely resembles a space rover—it's mostly a fantastical sci-fi sort of design like the other Z-Blob vehicles he's had.

Yup and Z-Blob transformed itself inot a robot, which that’s sci-fi but not like Mr. Oz’s love for space.  

1 hour ago, Takanuinuva said:

Curious why we don't have alt build pics. Usually when sets are revealed. We get more than just the box art.

Some of the sites that have revealed the new sets do include alt build pictures for some sets—some sites like Brickset just don't tend to republish all the pics until Lego.com has them, since most of their pics are pulled automatically from Lego's shop pages.

Here are some pages with alt build pics of some of the sets:

(sorry for them being out of order the links are giving me trouble)

Those official alternate options are very cool, making the flying space car into a normal car,  or a space rover with 6 elevated wheels is lovely.

At least that's the set, where the alternate build changes it the most imo.

Edited by TeriXeri

The sets and their alternate pictures are all on Lego.com now btw. The Never Witch fig looks fantastic—I'm glad characters like her, Sneak, and the Sandman who have already debuted in the show are making their first appearances in the sets!

After spending some more time looking at the set details and seeing the videos on lego.com, I have to say that the sets had grown on me a lot.

I really wasn't sure on if I'd get the Mr Oz car, but now I most definitely want it. The main model is just kinda fine to me, but the alternate build is totally up my alley and I love it. This set might even be my most wanted set of the year so far.

I'm even thinking about getting Izzie's hot air ballon. because it's something new and refreshing. The opening mouth function is also neat.

I also have to say that Zian actually doesn't even look bad. But it still doesn't feel worth the price for me. 

Sorry if. I sound dumb but I am visually impaired so I want to ask you a quesiton…. Are there any characters in normal versions, like Cooper  from Grimkeeper set?

50 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Sorry if. I sound dumb but I am visually impaired so I want to ask you a quesiton…. Are there any characters in normal versions, like Cooper  from Grimkeeper set?

No, all the characters are from the world of dreams

Edited by El Garfio

51 minutes ago, El Garfio said:

No, all the characters are from the world of dreams

Ok, thanks it’s quite a shame that there are no character in real-world clothes yet. Ah well… try next time then. 

Edited by Lion King

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Review of the Sandman's Tower set! It looks great, and the new figs look fantastic!

Definately the most interesting set of the theme yet.

2 hours ago, karrit said:

Why is it that I always end up liking the most expensive set in these in house themes?

I know this was probably rhetorical but there's a pretty easy answer to this—bigger sets tend to have bigger, more complex builds, more unique figs, and generally more "wow factor" than smaller ones. In vehicle-heavy themes, there's also a tendency for some of the largest sets to be location-based, since it's harder to pull off a nice architectural build to scale with minifigures at lower price points. That's not to disparage smaller sets, there's some great ones out there, but they generally have to try to do more with less.

Personally I think this wave has a pretty nice variety overall, though—the tower is indeed impressive but even the small Narwhal Hot Air Balloon has its own appeal!

I agree! I too love the sandman set! But I have been looking at it and if you buy two of the set you can build (with a few extra pieces) the sandman keep as seen on the tv show. I love that dreamzzz, though expensive on some sets, is still more affordable then some of the ninjago sets I like but can’t afford. 

though to be honest my absolutely must have is Zian! 

Edited by DreamsOfReality

Got the space car today and built it on stream, I’m saying if you’re on the fence about this set, you need to get it! Both builds are incredible, and you get some cool pieces in some unique colors!

I didn’t realize i posted my thoughts in the wrong thread -  it was in 2023 bread for Dreamzzzz….

So here is my thoughts - again.

I wish the young heroes could have medium legs. I mean, are they middle/high school kids, aren’t they? 

However, I understand that Lego don’t have any techniques to dual-mold or print those new leg variants at the moment. Traditional legs have been used widely and they have been printed or dual-molded ahead of other legs (medium and short ones). 

On 1/1/2024 at 8:56 PM, Lemerbrix said:

Got the space car today and built it on stream, I’m saying if you’re on the fence about this set, you need to get it! Both builds are incredible, and you get some cool pieces in some unique colors!

It’s in my shopping cart at Lego website! :)

I have a quesiton about the feline nightmare creature, Sneak. Is it a molded creature or just built out of pieces?

3 hours ago, Lion King said:

I have a quesiton about the feline nightmare creature, Sneak. Is it a molded creature or just built out of pieces?

He has a molded body piece, to which a standard minifigure head can be attached.

57 minutes ago, mantax said:

He has a molded body piece, to which a standard minifigure head can be attached.

And a milder hair piece that goes on the Minifigure head to give him the ears/hair. The head also has a print on it if his mismatched eyes and face.