I can’t wait for the winter wave! 

80050 - Vehicle Creations 

80051 - Mini Mech 

80052 - Unknown 

80053 - Mei’s Dragon Mech

80054 - Megalopolis / $190

Edited by Lion King

4 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I can’t wait for megalopolis, sounds fantastic. 

But so far we only know the name? No details? Another set anything similiar the style of gardens of lantern is always welcome. 

7 hours ago, Red Rackham said:

But so far we only know the name? No details? Another set anything similiar the style of gardens of lantern is always welcome. 

As far as I see, no details yet. Hopefully they turns up soon!

I really wish some of the MK sets could be 'modularized' in some way so they can be displayed together.

1 hour ago, hikouki said:

I really wish some of the MK sets could be 'modularized' in some way so they can be displayed together.

I mean city of lanterns and the team hideout plus the side builds from wave 1 can all be connected together. I’m sure that metropolis will follow the same system. 

13 hours ago, hikouki said:

At least the larger sets like city of lanterns are suitable for something like this:  I think many of the designs by some mod designers that fit into the Ninjago Modular construction are quite successful, as here from the Airjitzu Temple.

Edited by Red Rackham

20 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I mean city of lanterns and the team hideout plus the side builds from wave 1 can all be connected together. I’m sure that metropolis will follow the same system. 

8 hours ago, Red Rackham said:

At least the larger sets like city of lanterns are suitable for something like this:  I think many of the designs by some mod designers that fit into the Ninjago Modular construction are quite successful, as here from the Airjitzu Temple.

City of Lanterns by itself was great! 

I was hoping sets like the Flower Fruit Mt and Dragon of the East Palace could be fit neatly into baseplates.

monkie kid is completely different in regards to leaks.

We get the set list, and then nothing until the official reveal.

And I like that because it makes the official reveal really exciting, and a big surprise.

5 hours ago, mantax said:

monkie kid is completely different in regards to leaks.

We get the set list, and then nothing until the official reveal.

And I like that because it makes the official reveal really exciting, and a big surprise.

When you said “big surprises”, I assume you are talking about Megapolis?

2 hours ago, Lion King said:

When you said “big surprises”, I assume you are talking about Megapolis?

No, with that I'm talking about the wave as a whole.

43 minutes ago, someguy827 said:

Any idea when we'll be getting an official reveal? I'm very excited for the megalopolis!

In years past the Chinese Traditional Festival sets and at least one of the Monkie Kid sets (if not necessarily always the full wave) have typically been revealed at the China International Import Expo, or CIIE. This year that's taking place from November 5th to 10th, which means there's probably a month or less until we get our first look at next year's sets.

19 hours ago, Lyichir said:

In years past the Chinese Traditional Festival sets and at least one of the Monkie Kid sets (if not necessarily always the full wave) have typically been revealed at the China International Import Expo, or CIIE. This year that's taking place from November 5th to 10th, which means there's probably a month or less until we get our first look at next year's sets.

I can’t wait to see both Lunar New Year and Monkie Kid sets soon.

7 hours ago, Killian said:

Has TLG ever elaborated on why they made the choice to spell Monkey wrong?

They haven't, but having briefly worked in brand writing, I think it's probably a safe assumption that it was to make it more globally trademarkable.

Not related strictly to the 2024 sets (unless we're lucky enough for them to include so-far show-only characters like the Scorpion Queen or Goldfish Demon), but fans found Donavan Foo's design portfolio which includes some very nice model reference sheets for characters from Season 2 and 3! https://donffy.weebly.com/design.html

Plus the packaging art from last year and posters from Seasons 2, 3, and 4: https://donffy.weebly.com/marketing-and-production.html

EDIT: The fancy art got me inspired to build the Azure Lion set, which I had ordered recently. I'm a lot more impressed with it in person than I was in pictures—it's still far from the cleanest mech design the theme's had but the colors and techniques do combine to form an appealing whole.

Edited by Lyichir

Just now, Lemerbrix said:

Does anyone know how much megalopolis will be?

Gonna guess about same price and size as the city of lanterns. Im praying it's one of the sets revealed at the Chinese expo in the next few days as its easily my most hyped set. That and maybe the dune thopter, but wrong thread. Im really hoping it comes out like the city of lanterns, maybe even with a monorail extension. I did see the number 150 thrown around, im assuming dollars but thats throwing it in the ball park of say the massive summer location sets, like the heavenly realms. I hoped it would be at about that price point, but im happy for one to be at 120. I love building ninjago city Mocs, so I suppose I'll cannibalise the city of lanterns, or maybe I'll keep it around and use the parts from the megalopolis set. Either way, im hyped!

21 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Does anyone know how much megalopolis will be?

Oh it’s $1,000 price tag on that set. It only contains 9,500 pieces  with 150 minifigures! It will have two tall buildings with some cool aircrafts. It gonna be MEGA!!

No, I make this up…. Now seriously, there are no piece count or price at the moment.  But I feel like the price tag could betwen $200 - $300.

CIIE will begin tomorrow so let’s see if we can gra a glimpse of Monkie Kid and Lunar New Year sets eventually. 

Blurry pics of Megopolis are surfacing! It looks great, and seems to be in the same modular style as the City of Lanterns (and also might be able to connect with it); the Gold and Silver Horn Demons are back, but they are using Stuntz motorcycle helmets instead of their original headpieces. 

Whoa! A lot to look at in this set! I see new fence molds, a new peach mold, and TONS of cool recolors and figs!

Also looks compatible with City of Lanterns, which means I'll have to decide how to display it since I'd already doubled the size of my City of Lanterns.