THELEGOBATMAN

LEGO Ninjago 2024 Rumours and Discussion

It would be interesting if we did get a more grown up Riyu so soon. He’s been a pretty big part of DR so far but if he gets larger he can really only appear once per wave. (I guess if he was a pretty small build, they could put him in multiple sets, but I don’t think there’s much precedent for that. I guess something like Metalbeard from TLM). Maybe when the DR arc wraps up in the last couple of waves we could see it? I guess it depends on the long-term plans for the show. 

As for the set list, I usually skip the smaller mechs, so I can’t see this wave being all that exciting for me. My wallet may rest easy yet!

Ive recently completed my markets, Beautiful set but was a bit of a pain to finally get a hold off, ill be writing a big post about it soon with my thoughts, along with some pictures of it integrated into my city (spoiler alert, its absolutely gorgeous and just what the city needed to break it up a bit). In the mean time I know some where interested in my gang of fly-board riders, so here's some pics of the fly-boards themselves. feel free to use the techniques ive used if you'd like inspiration, im pretty proud of these little things. My favourite Is certainly the light blue one with 2 rings, although I like the white one with the grey fins as well. 

A great squadron of flying boarders, will certainly "copy" one or two. I looked at it for 5 seconds and immediately thought, I like the blue one with the rings best.:drool:

To your spoiler: I'm curious what the "break up" looks like in your city.

Ps: Can the boards be rented in your city? Do they have to be "loaded" and is there a station for this? Or do they float...infinitely long and "magically"?
I like a certain logic in such a colorful and playful Lego world. :laugh:

Edited by Red Rackham

1 hour ago, Red Rackham said:

A great squadron of flying boarders, will certainly "copy" one or two. I looked at it for 5 seconds and immediately thought, I like the blue one with the rings best.:drool:

To your spoiler: I'm curious what the "break up" looks like in your city.

Ps: Can the boards be rented in your city? Do they have to be "loaded" and is there a station for this? Or do they float...infinitely long and "magically"?
I like a certain logic in such a colorful and playful Lego world. :laugh:

Thanks! To answer the last question, im hoping to integrate more hidden spaces for the Fly-boards in and around my city, like the suit thats hidden in a cargo container behind the white and sand green skyscraper. I have got a fly-board workshop which I guess could store one of them, but that still leaves 4 more to go. My newest module thats still a WIP (Ninjago City air docks, im getting close to finishing the old city section and am already very happy with it, maybe my favourite module so far!) will integrate it more I hope. I also have some upgrades planned for the back of Ninjago City skylines but it will have to wait, I dont have much time before I need to pack everything away to move house. 

As for the markets - 

I received the set as a generous birthday gift from parents and grandparents, with myself paying a 3rd of it, and I have to say it is definitely worth it, even for the full price IMO. Its a beautiful set and should not be overlooked, and on its own it has a great amount of detail and variety throughout the structure. I believe it really shines when combined with other city modules, official and custom, as it breaks up the monotony of flat shop walls all the way along the walkway. I like the inclusion of nods to dragons rising with Arin and Soras flat, and my favourite building has to be Kais blacksmith shop with his apartment above, which is a great build. I also really love the sushi shack at the top of the build, with the staircase to get up to it behind Laffys. I agree with others that have said that there is too much open space, so I will probably mod some small shops onto the walkway behind the cable car. Speaking of which, I love this build. Its a little fiddly when connected to the rest of the city but it looks great and can hold its position. The 2 stations are also pretty damn good builds and look lovely. I like the tree ontop of the upper station. Its kind of annoying that the only connection point between the car and the track is the 2 x 4 tile though. The Borg store is really cool, I like the architecture, and my only complaint is the fact that Borg himself cant get up the steps into the shop and also struggles to fit inside his own office. The bakery is also a really awesome build but ive found the top floor can fall out quite easily. Kai's apartment is really cool, I like the integration of the clock beam and the bed being on a trapdoor is something im actually carrying over to my Air docks moc. love the details of shelves and drawers. I do like the little stands as well that are about the market square. And I need to praise the technic structure in the base of it, I can pick it up from both ends and it is not going anywhere. I was expecting it to collapse in and fall into the centre but nope, It stays strong. And I need to mention the toilet, its a great feature. Not sure if its worth complicating the whole build for but I enjoy it. 

There are a couple of issues with it though, first off I feel like, as others have said, that this hasn't had as much care put into it as the others. The other sets felt like a love letter to fans, and whilst this is the same, theres a couple strange choices, like having the roof of the lower cable car station overhang, which could be an issue later on, or the fact that Arin and Sora's bedroom is so cramped you cant fit a figure in. I also think Riyu and maybe an exclusive pixel should have been included to help boost the figure selection. But thats not too big of a concern for me. The bigger issue I have with the set is the downgrade in quality from lego as a whole. Mould marks can be seen everywhere, I have had parts missing that I have had to replace from my own collection and am still currently waiting for a replacement sticker sheet after mine came strongly folded over in the box, and after putting my order in 2 weeks ago for it I still haven't received any news from lego other than its been shipped. I also had several parts come out mis-moulded, which necessitated more pillaging from my own collection, and coupled with the fact that DPD actually lost the set for a week and a bit in delivery, I have to say that if you are getting the set, get it straight from the lego store. But those where the only troubles I have had with it, and the positives far outweigh the negatives. 

Overall its an amazing set, Absolutely worth it and im even considering saving up and buying a second copy as a parts boost so I can continue building more modules. If anyone is on the fence about it, I do highly recommend it. Its a great display piece and the build experience is fantastic (apart from the water tile placing, that takes a while haha). I'll update this post with some pictures of the so-far completed city, and maybe with some progress pics of my air-docks module as well. 

Edited by a guy from somewhere

On 8/7/2023 at 8:55 PM, a guy from somewhere said:

Thanks! To answer the last question, im hoping to integrate more hidden spaces for the Fly-boards in and around my city, like the suit thats hidden in a cargo container behind the white and sand green skyscraper. I have got a fly-board workshop which I guess could store one of them, but that still leaves 4 more to go. My newest module thats still a WIP (Ninjago City air docks, im getting close to finishing the old city section and am already very happy with it, maybe my favourite module so far!) will integrate it more I hope. I also have some upgrades planned for the back of Ninjago City skylines but it will have to wait, I dont have much time before I need to pack everything away to move house. 

As for the markets - 

I received the set as a generous birthday gift from parents and grandparents, with myself paying a 3rd of it, and I have to say it is definitely worth it, even for the full price IMO. Its a beautiful set and should not be overlooked, and on its own it has a great amount of detail and variety throughout the structure. I believe it really shines when combined with other city modules, official and custom, as it breaks up the monotony of flat shop walls all the way along the walkway. I like the inclusion of nods to dragons rising with Arin and Soras flat, and my favourite building has to be Kais blacksmith shop with his apartment above, which is a great build. I also really love the sushi shack at the top of the build, with the staircase to get up to it behind Laffys. I agree with others that have said that there is too much open space, so I will probably mod some small shops onto the walkway behind the cable car. Speaking of which, I love this build. Its a little fiddly when connected to the rest of the city but it looks great and can hold its position. The 2 stations are also pretty damn good builds and look lovely. I like the tree ontop of the upper station. Its kind of annoying that the only connection point between the car and the track is the 2 x 4 tile though. The Borg store is really cool, I like the architecture, and my only complaint is the fact that Borg himself cant get up the steps into the shop and also struggles to fit inside his own office. The bakery is also a really awesome build but ive found the top floor can fall out quite easily. Kai's apartment is really cool, I like the integration of the clock beam and the bed being on a trapdoor is something im actually carrying over to my Air docks moc. love the details of shelves and drawers. I do like the little stands as well that are about the market square. And I need to praise the technic structure in the base of it, I can pick it up from both ends and it is not going anywhere. I was expecting it to collapse in and fall into the centre but nope, It stays strong. And I need to mention the toilet, its a great feature. Not sure if its worth complicating the whole build for but I enjoy it. 

There are a couple of issues with it though, first off I feel like, as others have said, that this hasn't had as much care put into it as the others. The other sets felt like a love letter to fans, and whilst this is the same, theres a couple strange choices, like having the roof of the lower cable car station overhang, which could be an issue later on, or the fact that Arin and Sora's bedroom is so cramped you cant fit a figure in. I also think Riyu and maybe an exclusive pixel should have been included to help boost the figure selection. But thats not too big of a concern for me. The bigger issue I have with the set is the downgrade in quality from lego as a whole. Mould marks can be seen everywhere, I have had parts missing that I have had to replace from my own collection and am still currently waiting for a replacement sticker sheet after mine came strongly folded over in the box, and after putting my order in 2 weeks ago for it I still haven't received any news from lego other than its been shipped. I also had several parts come out mis-moulded, which necessitated more pillaging from my own collection, and coupled with the fact that DPD actually lost the set for a week and a bit in delivery, I have to say that if you are getting the set, get it straight from the lego store. But those where the only troubles I have had with it, and the positives far outweigh the negatives. 

Overall its an amazing set, Absolutely worth it and im even considering saving up and buying a second copy as a parts boost so I can continue building more modules. If anyone is on the fence about it, I do highly recommend it. Its a great display piece and the build experience is fantastic (apart from the water tile placing, that takes a while haha). I'll update this post with some pictures of the so-far completed city, and maybe with some progress pics of my air-docks module as well. 

Sounds good with the hoverboards. I'm looking forward to the WIP of your AirDocks.

Regarding the markets: I'm looking forward to pictures here as well, I find the size of the set (two baseplates) exciting, how it fits into the cityscape or how it looks rather abstract.
In fact, in all the sets I've ever bought, I've only had one missing piece and that was at Ninjago Gardens. It's pretty annoying with the sticker sheet, you can often replace missing parts from your own fund if you don't want to wait so long to continue building. But with stickers...

I have to wait another two months for my markets. I'm still sorting stones and building/buying tables. :-)

Such small market stalls (as in the Chinese New Year sets) will certainly fit well in the large free space on the bridge and below. Similar to the Ninjago Making of book.

Well I won’t keep you waiting forever, here is my current layout, front and back. The final few slide are dedicated for my NC air-docks module, which for the lower section I wanted to go more nature oriented, choosing lots of plant and frog life to dot around the place, and for buildings I wanted to go with a cargo dock and sandwich shop on one side and a home for the fruit boat vendor from the markets as i felt the boat was a bit out of place. It features an indoor dock and an office and bedroom space above it, although I’m running out of browns so I’m struggling with finishing the build. The cargo dock and sandwich shop are predominantly tan, as I don’t have a building on the lower levels in that colour and I particularly like it. I’m pretty happy with how it’s all turned out, especially the water way that runs right through it, as that’s something I always wanted and I remember thinking the gardens had this when the grainy prelim leaked in 2020. So I finally brought my ‘dream’ feature of a city module to life. 

The other included images are of the large conning tower which I’m hoping to implement, that was recovered from a disastrous shelf collapse involving my overwatch display. Considering I needed to get rid of it for a while I guess the shelf just did me a favour. But I managed to salvage the tower and I’m hoping to have it on maybe the left side of the build, starting from the ground floor level of the upper cityscape. And finally my favourite part, my hot air balloon. Considering I’ve never built one before I’m pretty happy how it turned out, and I went for a “travelling merchant/rogue” type of vibe. Couple of lanterns to tie it to the city along with a pink frog, and I think it will be pretty happy on a landing pad or high above the module. 

As always let me know what I should add or change, and let me know what you think of the city as a whole now. Personally I’m incredibly happy with it, and I must get back to my new module. Truly in love with it. 

On 8/12/2023 at 1:02 AM, a guy from somewhere said:

Well I won’t keep you waiting forever, here is my current layout, front and back. The final few slide are dedicated for my NC air-docks module, which for the lower section I wanted to go more nature oriented, choosing lots of plant and frog life to dot around the place, and for buildings I wanted to go with a cargo dock and sandwich shop on one side and a home for the fruit boat vendor from the markets as i felt the boat was a bit out of place. It features an indoor dock and an office and bedroom space above it, although I’m running out of browns so I’m struggling with finishing the build. The cargo dock and sandwich shop are predominantly tan, as I don’t have a building on the lower levels in that colour and I particularly like it. I’m pretty happy with how it’s all turned out, especially the water way that runs right through it, as that’s something I always wanted and I remember thinking the gardens had this when the grainy prelim leaked in 2020. So I finally brought my ‘dream’ feature of a city module to life. 

The other included images are of the large conning tower which I’m hoping to implement, that was recovered from a disastrous shelf collapse involving my overwatch display. Considering I needed to get rid of it for a while I guess the shelf just did me a favour. But I managed to salvage the tower and I’m hoping to have it on maybe the left side of the build, starting from the ground floor level of the upper cityscape. And finally my favourite part, my hot air balloon. Considering I’ve never built one before I’m pretty happy how it turned out, and I went for a “travelling merchant/rogue” type of vibe. Couple of lanterns to tie it to the city along with a pink frog, and I think it will be pretty happy on a landing pad or high above the module. 

As always let me know what I should add or change, and let me know what you think of the city as a whole now. Personally I’m incredibly happy with it, and I must get back to my new module. Truly in love with it. 

I think it looks great. When you see the whole series, I always imagine it from the perspective of the minifigures or at the level of how children experience it. When you go from house to house with astonished eyes and don't even know where to look first. The houses individually, although they have many parts, naturally lose some of their impact as everything looks strung together.

I like it when a continuous path can be followed.
The fact that almost every house has some water on the back is also very good. And with the boat at the markets, I noticed straight away, it looks a bit lost and doesn't really have a "port".

The round window (above the white green fascia) on your new modular looks great.

Does the figure in the balloon have an original Lego cape? And the red lenses are from Wildstyle? :-)

You can definitely do something cool with the tower. The roller coaster rails in red are still the best.

3 minutes ago, Red Rackham said:

I think it looks great. When you see the whole series, I always imagine it from the perspective of the minifigures or at the level of how children experience it. When you go from house to house with astonished eyes and don't even know where to look first. The houses individually, although they have many parts, naturally lose some of their impact as everything looks strung together.

I like it when a continuous path can be followed.
The fact that almost every house has some water on the back is also very good. And with the boat at the markets, I noticed straight away, it looks a bit lost and doesn't really have a "port".

The round window (above the white green fascia) on your new modular looks great.

Does the figure in the balloon have an original Lego cape? And the red lenses are from Wildstyle? :-)

You can definitely do something cool with the tower. The roller coaster rails in red are still the best.

Cape and torso are from the overwatch western dude (I can’t remember his name) and the goggles are yes, wildstyles. I thought they look great for a balloon pilot, and the head underneath is one of the galaxy squad faces, with the mask on. High altitude low oxygen you know? 

Thanks for the kind words, I love this series with all my heart and I dread the day we see the last module released. Ain’t gonna stop me though, eventually I’d like to have a complete square of buildings, a walled city. 

On 8/16/2023 at 5:56 PM, a guy from somewhere said:

Cape and torso are from the overwatch western dude (I can’t remember his name) and the goggles are yes, wildstyles. I thought they look great for a balloon pilot, and the head underneath is one of the galaxy squad faces, with the mask on. High altitude low oxygen you know? 

Thanks for the kind words, I love this series with all my heart and I dread the day we see the last module released. Ain’t gonna stop me though, eventually I’d like to have a complete square of buildings, a walled city. 

Have the same feeling. Since the Ninjago City, these are the most beautiful sets for me. Both as they are suitable for playing, as well as a display. Thought so, after the docks, it's over. Two days ago I was able to buy a copy of the "making of" book. Condition is acceptable. In it I found your red tower with the roller coaster tracks. :laugh:

IMG-6933.jpg

In the Monkie Kid thread you mentioned the Megapolis, which certainly fits quite well into the series after a modification. Like City of lanterns. Especially the stickers (yes, unfortunately stickers) are always fabulous at Monkie Kid. The Lanterns also had one of the old monorails.

Edited by Red Rackham

1 hour ago, Red Rackham said:

Have the same feeling. Since the Ninjago City, these are the most beautiful sets for me. Both as they are suitable for playing, as well as a display. Thought so, after the docks, it's over. Two days ago I was able to buy a copy of the "making of" book. Condition is acceptable. In it I found your red tower with the roller coaster tracks. :laugh:

IMG-6933.jpg

In the Monkie Kid thread you mentioned the Megapolis, which certainly fits quite well into the series after a modification. Like City of lanterns. Especially the stickers (yes, unfortunately stickers) are always fabulous at Monkie Kid. The Lanterns also had one of the old monorails.

Wow, that’s actually pretty cool to see that the tower is pre-established, nice coincidence. I’ve been trying to get my hands on the book for ages for a decent price, so I’m still on the look out. Megapolis is by far my most anticipated set now, alongside that DUNE ornithopter. I’m hoping it turns out like the city of lanterns, really it should end up being very similar. I’ve been going back and fourth on getting a copy of the city of lanterns to help build more modules but I also plan on getting a copy of the markets at some point so we will have to see. Either way I can’t wait and I wish Ninjago would give us something like the city of lanterns. Ninjago city sets are amazing but way to big to be brought on a whim for parts, and I’d love to see a NC set like that in the future with a city based theme, sort of like techno futuristic rebooted city. Either way I’d say there’s enough available to facilitate parts, given the city of lanterns and the gardens and markets are all on shelves. 

13 hours ago, Red Rackham said:

IMG-6933.jpg

Am I imagining things or is that a raised waterway in Ninjago City? Never noticed that!

2 hours ago, Dardanel said:

Am I imagining things or is that a raised waterway in Ninjago City? Never noticed that!

Yes. That's what I thought as I was flipping through the book. Even like a road with lanes in both directions. Real really cool.
The great thing is that you can really see the individual bricks in every picture. Whether you can still rebuild it like that is another matter. (For 90% of the time I always need instructions :-) )
On the other side of the book you can see this really really cool monorail (more of a suspension railway with a cogwheel solution).

IMG-6935.jpg

Great! Bricklink Part 3743
SOMETIME (:laugh:) maybe all three solutions will find a place in my layout. Hanging from the roller coaster rails. Riding on the old monorail tracks (outrageously expensive) and riding on the roller coaster tracks like in the City of Lanterns set. And then through the whole panorama.

I guess in a mix of cyberpunk influences (as well as the speeder or hover bikes), the Apocalypseburg set would also fit well into this world.

22 hours ago, Red Rackham said:

Yes. That's what I thought as I was flipping through the book. Even like a road with lanes in both directions. Real really cool.
The great thing is that you can really see the individual bricks in every picture. Whether you can still rebuild it like that is another matter. (For 90% of the time I always need instructions :-) )
On the other side of the book you can see this really really cool monorail (more of a suspension railway with a cogwheel solution).

IMG-6935.jpg

SOMETIME (:laugh:) maybe all three solutions will find a place in my layout. Hanging from the roller coaster rails. Riding on the old monorail tracks (outrageously expensive) and riding on the roller coaster tracks like in the City of Lanterns set. And then through the whole panorama.

I guess in a mix of cyberpunk influences (as well as the speeder or hover bikes), the Apocalypseburg set would also fit well into this world.

You have my full support! I would love to see something so complex and "busy" - it would really make it feel like the Ninjago City from the movie : )

22 hours ago, Red Rackham said:

IMG-6935.jpg

I believe there’s a way to make a hanging monorail build using technic parts let me find the link.

Brick dynamo never disappoints!

So, has anyone got any ideas of what the 2024 sets will look like, did my take on the Kai climbing mech, sort of a Kai-themed scuttler

800x600.jpeg
IMG_1164.jpeg

IMG_1165.jpeg

IMG_1166.jpeg

I just threw these guys together as the villains of the set

IMG_1167.jpeg
hope you like!

Edited by Lemerbrix
I’m not a time traveler, I swear!

1 hour ago, Lemerbrix said:

So, has anyone got any ideas of what the 2023 sets will look like, did my take on the Kai climbing mech, sort of a Kai-themed scuttler

800x600.jpeg
IMG_1164.jpeg

IMG_1165.jpeg

IMG_1166.jpeg

I just threw these guys together as the villains of the set

IMG_1167.jpeg
hope you like!

Holy- 

This is so well done! Definitely looks awesome. Honestly I was thinking more like the OG fire mech and how it climbed up the mountain on the dark island but yeah, I suspect an animal looking mech will be the way to go especially if they want to differentiate it. Well done, love the look of this! 

11 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Holy- 

This is so well done! Definitely looks awesome. Honestly I was thinking more like the OG fire mech and how it climbed up the mountain on the dark island but yeah, I suspect an animal looking mech will be the way to go especially if they want to differentiate it. Well done, love the look of this! 

Thank you! I wanted my mech to be different than every ninjago mech before it. Wasn’t long before it started looking like the scuttler from the Lego Batman movie. I used a lot of parts from the golden dragon raider.

6 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

So, has anyone got any ideas of what the 2023 sets will look like, did my take on the Kai climbing mech, sort of a Kai-themed scuttler

hope you like!

Wow that's really cool. I wasn't interested in it just from the name at all, but if it ends up anything like yours maybe I will have to get it. 

On 8/20/2023 at 11:24 AM, a guy from somewhere said:

I believe there’s a way to make a hanging monorail build using technic parts let me find the link.

Brick dynamo never disappoints!

This is exactly the BrickDaimyo model I had in mind when I thought of a suspension railway. Just great. Compact, bright, friendly and with space for the passengers. I think I would (so far) prefer the manual drive on this one if you want to move it. I find this high-pitched whirring noise of the CircuitCubes quite annoying. Unfortunately :-( I haven't seen any other motorization yet.

For something on the roller coaster track, the Lightrail from JK Brickswork or the Roller Coaster Train is great, the last one can climb heights better or I think at all.

This solution from plasturq on instagram is really awesome. The color and smallness of the whole model is great. Hard to imagine where the motor +batterybox is located. But here too, only on the straight track. 

@LemerbrixI like your mech a lot. I can well imagine him climbing a house somewhere.
A mech does not necessarily have to stand on two legs. (like most)
On the back, the turbine-like vents - or razorblades? (in round) look cool.

31 minutes ago, Red Rackham said:

@LemerbrixI like your mech a lot. I can well imagine him climbing a house somewhere.
A mech does not necessarily have to stand on two legs. (like most)
On the back, the turbine-like vents - or razorblades? (in round) look cool.

Thanks! It's a vent/turbine, you can spin it. I think it came from the iron doom.

6 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

Very interesting! Glad we are getting some new content for part 2. Hopefully we at least see some aspects from part 2 in the winter mech wave, I’m fairly confident that the winter wave is its own thing, but hopefully we at least see the cole mech looking thing and the red Djin, along with that demon creature that looks to be attacking Sora. 

It looks like Zane’s Core dragon is sticking around. 
Arin actually gets his ninja suit from the sets (I was beginning to worry that his outfit was just based on concept art!). 
The Temple of the Dragon Cores appears! Also, it seems to look like the set! 
Merlopian assassin? 
Both Sora and Nya are fighting the same/same type of skull-mask wraith - Maybe spirits from the Departed Realm? The look like less ghostly ghosts. 🤔
Djinn!!! Someone who was trapped in another realm pre-Merge, or is Djinjago still around in some form? 
It looks like the Source Dragon from the S1a finale is back, and maybe released from Imperium? Curious to see how that plays out! 

11 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I’m fairly confident that the winter wave is its own thing

I seriously doubt this, since the entire point of the Dragons Rising reboot was to ensure that all sets tie into the story (I.E. no Core-type waves)! 

2 hours ago, Killian said:

Are those Zane's eyes looking out of that Bone Warrior face?

Legacy ghost head: Note the difference in the jaw and nose between that and the Bone Warrior's. I suspect that it may be a spirit from the Departed Realm, since all Realms combined during the Merge.