Sign in to follow this  
Justsomebrix

[COR - GoC] Small Sugar Plantation, Queenston

As Queenston's two Royal Plantations quickly let the world know that Queenston was to become a prominent figure in the sugar business. Both small and large investors have come to the settlement, wishing to get a piece of the land while they still can.

Here you see the small plantation of a retired sailor, he had spent his whole life working on various merchant vessels, until he eventually gained enough trust and experience to be made captain of a his own fluyte. He earned a decent living as a merchant, but realised that he would need a quicker way to earn doubloons, if he were to become a land owner before he got to old.

So when Corrington declared war on the Lotus, he decided now was the time and he sold his fluyte back to the company and bought himself a small sloop. He had managed to secure a "Letter of Marque" allowing him to harass Loti trade while keeping a large portion of the profits. He convinced some of his old crew to join him on his sloop and together they left for the New Heaven Sea as Privateers.

For months they attacked the loti, capturing several merchant Junks and in one occasion even recapturing a previously lost Corrie brig. He eventually met up with Scarver and served in his squadron for a little while. As the allied invasion of El Oleonda took place, Loti shipping in the area drastically reduced, but his time as a privateer had been profitable. So he decided it was time to use his earnings as intended and purchase some land. When he returned to Corrie territory, he heard news that Scarver now served as Mayor of Corringtons first settlement on Arlintina, without a second thought he packed his belongings and brought his family to Queenston.

He used his savings to buy a large patch of land and got to work on his soon to be sugar plantation. Now, fully in business, he rides through his fields of sugar cane every morning at sunrise, greeting his workers on their way to work.

Sugar Plantation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Built this small plantation for the GoC task 14, Bastion of the East. However I severely underestimated how many tan spyglasses I'd need for the sugar cane, so I compensated with a ton of different palm trees to fill the space:pir-grin: 

I spent well over an hour editing a white background behind the moc, but the file was too big to be posted on flickr so it was all for nothing :wacko:

Will be licenced as a small plantation for Queenston

Edited by Justsomebrix

Very nice diorama and good story. I like the house on pilings. Also interesting is the different type of construction of the palm trees by the tree trunk. Furthermore, different plants and of course sugar cane can be seen. Some workers are on their way to harvest the sugar cane.

Very nice build! I really like that! The house looks great with the brickbuild snot windows and the front porch. I also like the variety of palm trees. As for the sugar cane, i think we all have been at this point - you buy 100 pieces and it's like nothing :pir_laugh2: Also a very interesting story about the adventures of the now retired sailor.

Lovely build. Lighting could be better, but the shack is really nice. I also like the minifigs.