2 hours ago, danth said:

I agree, I see no problem using the new magnets for M:Tron, although obviously you'd have to recolor the yellow part.

Or incorporate yellow into the set's design (which I think works for M;Tron). 

2 hours ago, Khargeust said:

Why is everyone saying "Lego can't do that" because some trans-neon parts are retired? Why couldn't they recreate new ones?

If one day we get a well done reboot of the 6989 Mega Core Magnetizer, then I could die in peace. :pir_tong2:

Ninjago City Markets had more elements and colors I've never seen before than the last 10 years of sets I've built combined :)

I actually googled Lego magnets before reading this and saw there are new ones. Agree they would fit better in some instances. For others maybe a taller/narrower brick would suffice. I don't think this would be a dealbreaker either way.

39 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Or incorporate yellow into the set's design (which I think works for M;Tron).

M-Tron 2 in a new color scheme with yellow? Works for me.

For an M-Tron 1 throwback I think people will want red and black and a touch of gray.

1 hour ago, danth said:

For an M-Tron 1 throwback I think people will want red and black and a touch of gray.

What is M-Tron 2?

2 hours ago, danth said:

Red, dark Bley, neon yellow, a bit of white, black wheels, and trans-neon green or trans-yellow canopies! 

8 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

What is M-Tron 2?

A hypothetical reboot of M;Tron - Nothing real, alas. 

1 minute ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

A hypothetical reboot of M;Tron - Nothing real, alas. 

Ah thanks, I was wondering to which of the other series that could reffering to lol.

But that would be really unlikely, that Lego would do such a thing. I mean M-Tron has a colour sheme, and so they will keep on it, with some minor changes I guess. Even if there would be an M-Tron 2 it would still have to keep the colour IMO, or else it wouldn´t be M-Tron

1 minute ago, Black Falcon said:

But that would be really unlikely, that Lego would do such a thing. I mean M-Tron has a colour sheme, and so they will keep on it, with some minor changes I guess. Even if there would be an M-Tron 2 it would still have to keep the colour IMO, or else it wouldn´t be M-Tron

Blacktron II had a completely different colour-scheme from Blacktron I, and the same is true of Space Police I/II/III. It is possible (though I feel that remakes of the original sets are more likely). 

4 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Blacktron II had a completely different colour-scheme from Blacktron I, and the same is true of Space Police I/II/III. It is possible (though I feel that remakes of the original sets are more likely). 

Yeah, back then that worked. But now after more than 30 years? Buyers expect to M-Tron to just look like that. And actually I could see 76832 XL-15 Spaceship Cockpit window beeing used for 6923 Particle Ionizer the colour is close enough IMO

1 hour ago, Black Falcon said:

And actually I could see 76832 XL-15 Spaceship Cockpit window beeing used for 6923 Particle Ionizer the colour is close enough IMO

The shape works, but the XL-15's canopy is trans-yellow not trans-neon green. I do think that the colour would work for a more toned-down, industrial version of M;Tron. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

16 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The shape works, but the XL-15's canopy is trans-yellow not trans-neon green. I do think that the colour would work for a more toned-down, industrial version of M;Tron. 

Well it was clear, that it isn´t the same colour as the original one, but looked close enough to me - but I just did realise that it is the same as in the Blacktron GWP. It is kinda funny when you look at both Sets, how different the canopy looks.

Edited by Black Falcon

Per brickmerge: 

10341: LEGO Icons Space (Release 2024) 
No other information is available yet, but this is not 10391 LEGO Moments Space - brickmerge has listings for both sets!! 

@danth

3 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Per brickmerge: 

10341: LEGO Icons Space (Release 2024) 
No other information is available yet, but this is not 10391 LEGO Moments Space - brickmerge has listings for both sets!! 

@danth

I hope it's Space and not just "space"!

1 minute ago, danth said:

I hope it's Space and not just "space"!

Considering that this is part of the Icons line, it will probably be either a classic remake, a NASA set (though I am not sure what there is left - Maybe the JWST?), or some kind of diorama/display piece (like the Ideas Tales of the Space Age). Obviously, I am hoping for a classic remake! 

20 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

though I am not sure what there is left - Maybe the JWST?

Considering that Lego is happy to crank out X-Wings year after year, I wouldn't put it past them to just release the same NASA sets with minor updates.

Edited by danth

15 minutes ago, danth said:

Considering that Lego is happy to crank out X-Wings year after year, I wouldn't put it past them to just release the same NASA sets with minor updates.

It is possible; Discord is saying that 10341 is licensed per @Brick Clicker, though I am having trouble finding where he said that. 

Maybe it's an ultimate monorail ! :pir-stareyes:

More seriouslly, could we really be treated with 2 Space sets in 2024 (plus 2 GWP apparently) ?

I don't know, it's a special year for the spatial thematic anyway.

Edited by Khargeust

20 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

Maybe it's an ultimate monorail ! :pir-stareyes:

As much as I would love that, nothing about a monorail has been indicated yet (and 10391 is said to be a “large black spaceship”). 

BTW, brickmerge has 10391 releasing Oct ‘23. 

11 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Re: 10341, directly from @Brick Clicker

Should NASA sets be considered as licenced products like the 10283 Discovery ?

Edited by Khargeust

8 hours ago, Khargeust said:

Should NASA sets be considered as licenced products like the 10283 Discovery ?

Yes. No guarantee that is what the set will be, though.
I asked @Brick Clicker about it on Discord; he suspects that it will be a NASA set, rather than a licensed IP. 

I’d imagine more of a real life space set so I’d bet it’s NASA licensed

Edited by Classic_Spaceman
Updated with new information.

7 hours ago, Operacion Saturno said:

Any pictures yet of the new space sets?

Licensed and / or Lego exclusive sets rarely leak these days, and when they do, such as Concorde, it was just about a week before the reveal. New themes also leak less as well.

All I'm hoping for are the new old style helmets in green and gray. Hopefully these space sets have them, oh and new spaceman colors of course.