Back Falcon, sorry I don’t see your point why you disagree with me - I only speak for myself, not for all. I did say “I” in “I’m fine wih it” phrase…. I just odn’t care what yu like licensed spacecraft or in-house ones. 

23 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Maybe, though I still wonder why the video features old sets instead of the new ones. Kids obviously would like the new sets (as they passed LEGO’s focus testing), so the only reason that I can see for the emphasis on old sets is that LEGO intends to bring Space back as a full theme. 

If they'd released the video in November of last year, before all the other promotional "Year of Space" stuff they did in ~Jan, I'd have thought it was just part of that promotion.  Coming out now, I have some hope that it means there's something fully Space in the pipe.  Otherwise, that video just feels redundant and late to the party.  Bring it back?  We just did!  

1 hour ago, Lion King said:

Back Falcon, sorry I don’t see your point why you disagree with me - I only speak for myself, not for all. I did say “I” in “I’m fine wih it” phrase…. I just odn’t care what yu like licensed spacecraft or in-house ones. 

Disagreeing doesn´t mean you are wrong in this matter (hence I especially wrote that it is totally fine that you have another opinion) but just that I have a different opinion about it. Of course you are also free to not care what my opinion is, though in general a forum like this lives from people that are talking about their opinons, what they would like to see Lego make, what they like/don´t like about Sets revealed etc.

I found CMF Series 26 Space in my local Walmart. I dind’t scan anything and I ended up having three space babies. Baby, yeah! Lol

12 hours ago, sporadic said:

If they'd released the video in November of last year, before all the other promotional "Year of Space" stuff they did in ~Jan, I'd have thought it was just part of that promotion.  Coming out now, I have some hope that it means there's something fully Space in the pipe.  Otherwise, that video just feels redundant and late to the party.  Bring it back?  We just did!  

Exactly! Also, the video could have concluded with the kids being shown the new sets, and maybe playing with them alongside the classic ones (to emphasise the 2024 line as a continuation of the Space theme). 

12 hours ago, Lion King said:

I found CMF Series 26 Space in my local Walmart. I dind’t scan anything and I ended up having three space babies. Baby, yeah! Lol

Without the robo-nanny? :shark:

Thanks to Jay’s Block Blog, I got all 12 minifigure from CmF Series26 (I got 3 yesterday without scanning and I got 3 duplicated robot nurses and babies. Today with scanner, I got 9 minifigures). 

To be honest, I like them. Butler is little odd with that trans-clear bubble hea piece but I still like it anyways. I have nothing to complain about them. 

On 4/26/2024 at 4:34 PM, Space78 said:

Just back from Target and Lego space merchandise put a dent in my wallet!  They had a "Space" themed end cap with adjoining shelves on the sides.

So my local Target actually had everything too! Except the flashlight keychains were ransacked. I luckily got the last one left which was blue. I also got a blue plushie because it was stupidly cute.

3 hours ago, Lion King said:

Thanks to Jay’s Block Blog, I got all 12 minifigure from CmF Series26 (I got 3 yesterday without scanning and I got 3 duplicated robot nurses and babies. Today with scanner, I got 9 minifigures). 

Lucky! That scanner doesn't work on the boxes at my Target for some reason.

@danth, it didn’t work at first as well but somehow it worked in a few minutes later.  Not sure how it happened but I am so grateful for Jay’s help that I collected all 12 individual minifigures. 

Hopefully the scanner on your phone works very soon!!

1 hour ago, danth said:

So my local Target actually had everything too! Except the flashlight keychains were ransacked. I luckily got the last one left which was blue. I also got a blue plushie because it was stupidly cute.

Lucky! That scanner doesn't work on the boxes at my Target for some reason.

Yeah, I was at Target on Friday afternoon and it looked "fully stocked."  I picked up all three plushes and one of each color of the keychain lights.  They had a full stock of probably 40 or so CMF boxes, but like you, taking pictures of the QR code with my phone did not work, so I passed on picking up any CMFs.

My oldest daughter went on Saturday afternoon, and they only had one keychain light left, and less than 10 CMF boxes according to her.  Walmart and Barnes & Noble also carry the CMFs, so I'll try again another day.  In reality I only want the pink space baby, so I just need to find the right box. :classic:

Posted (edited)

Wonder what the further plans of this "Space" thing will be, it's probably too early, but some 2024 space sets are currently on end-of life lists for 2024 already, like the City lab, mini mech and big rover, and the Friends base.

It's only a few sets so not something unusual for City and Friends to have same year sets retire, it's not signaling an early full retirement of the Space stuff across the board.

And I'm sure sets can get extended too, as a small set like 31058 Mighty Dinosaurs has been around since 2017 and for now will even be around in 2025.

Edited by TeriXeri

The City  science lab is retiring this year.?

Thanks for pointing this out, I will need to prioritize this and the larger rover.

Just saw that Brick Fanatics has shared some interesting interview snippets with designers of the latest minifigures series! There's one article about the Alien Tourist and Blacktron Mutant, and one about the Alien Beetlezoid and Imposter. On a related note, designer Chris Perron has also shared some insights on Instagram about his work on the Ice Planet Explorer. I love behind the scenes details like this so I'm definitely eager to read more about the other figures in the series!

17 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Wonder what the further plans of this "Space" thing will be, it's probably too early, but some 2024 space sets are currently on end-of life lists for 2024 already, like the City lab, mini mech and big rover, and the Friends base.

It's only a few sets so not something unusual for City and Friends to have same year sets retire, it's not signaling an early full retirement of the Space stuff across the board.

And I'm sure sets can get extended too, as a small set like 31058 Mighty Dinosaurs has been around since 2017 and for now will even be around in 2025.

Hmmm... retiring space sets already?  I'm going to speculate that the crosscutting "Space" theme is going to be a one year only thing, and next year there will be a new crosscutting theme.  It's only a wild guess, but seems entirely possible. 

1 hour ago, Space78 said:

Hmmm... retiring space sets already?  I'm going to speculate that the crosscutting "Space" theme is going to be a one year only thing, and next year there will be a new crosscutting theme.  It's only a wild guess, but seems entirely possible. 

I have that same thought here. Since 2024 is the year of Space, I wonder if we would. Ee differnet crosscutting theme. It could make sense why they put Space sets into City, Freinds, Duplo, etc., instead of making a standalone theme for Space. 

11 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Just saw that Brick Fanatics has shared some interesting interview snippets with designers of the latest minifigures series! There's one article about the Alien Tourist and Blacktron Mutant, and one about the Alien Beetlezoid and Imposter. On a related note, designer Chris Perron has also shared some insights on Instagram about his work on the Ice Planet Explorer. I love behind the scenes details like this so I'm definitely eager to read more about the other figures in the series!

We need interviews for the rest of the Series 26 lineup, and for all CMF series going forward! I really like seeing the thought process that goes into these designs. 
On another note, the explanation for the Blacktron mutant just makes me want unmutated and fully-mutated versions even more than I already did!! 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Space78 said:

Well, it's not unusual for a City set to retire the same year, happened with 3 out of 4 of the farm subtheme sets in 2022 (Vegetable Farm / Store and Chicken Henhouse), and those released June 2022.

2023 had multiple sets retire the same year as well, with March Stuntz,  the June released Family House , and January Park Tractor, Construction Digger, Otter ATV, Vet Van and Emergency HQ (and perhaps something else I missed)

Friends had a couple 2023 sets retire in 2023 as well,  Holiday Camping Trip , Donut Shop, Grocery Store, Hair Salon , Cat Hotel , Skate Park, Dog Rescue Van, Bubble Tea Shop,  and, even la large semi-AFOL targeted set like Downtown Flower/Design store (and perhaps others I missed)

Edited by TeriXeri

Since City space sets are scheduled to be retired by end of this year I just ordered a small rover set I will order a construction mech later. No intention for big sets to purchase. 

On 4/29/2024 at 5:17 PM, Aanchir said:

I love this kind of information too. Always interesting to learn more about a design process and why they did certain things the way they did. Also love the note from the designer that they added the fruit to show that the beetle is eating vegetables and his kid said it would be cool because it laid it´s eggs on a leaf. 

On 4/30/2024 at 4:31 AM, Classic_Spaceman said:

We need interviews for the rest of the Series 26 lineup, and for all CMF series going forward! I really like seeing the thought process that goes into these designs. 

They stated that they would post that kind of Article for every minifigure in the lineup, so I would guess we will get one every day now (and Ice Planet and Orion were already posted)

I assumed there would be more Space-themed sets like advent calendar in City. But it turns out that it’s just a regular City adent calendar. 

It would be cute to see aliens and astronauts celebrate Christmas / holiday. 

But, as I continue thinking more, I hink it’s too similiar to Star Wars advent calendar.

I assumed there would be more Space-themed sets like advent calendar in City. But it turns out that it’s just a regular City adent calendar. 

But, as I continue thinking more, I hink it’s too similiar to Star Wars advent calendar.

I think the main reason, why they didn´t do it, is because it would limit the people wo are going to buy it to the people that are buying the city-space Sets, while the calendar should appeal to citiy fans of the "normal" city sets. 

^^^Things I did not know I needed until just now! An alien (maybe in a spacesuit) with a Santa hat on is just equal parts ridiculous and adorable! 

Posted (edited)

It's funny to me that people care this much about unofficial lore from interviews, but tell me that I'm weird for caring that the official boxes that Space sets come in say City.

Edited by danth
Restored original comment since someone replied super quickly.

1 minute ago, danth said:

It's funny to me that people care this much about unofficial lore from interviews, but tell me that I'm weird for caring that the official boxes that Space sets come in say City.

I consider it to be as official as the Classic Space division colours (Red pilots, White explorers, Yellow scientists, Blue security, Black spies), as those designations only came from interviews long after the sets retired! As for boxes, I was not really comparing the two, but unofficial-official lore does have more bearing on the designs than the theme on the box does. 

1 minute ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I consider it to be as official as the Classic Space division colours (Red pilots, White explorers, Yellow scientists, Blue security, Black spies), as those designations only came from interviews long after the sets retired! As for boxes, I was not really comparing the two, but unofficial-official lore does have more bearing on the designs than the theme on the box does. 

If the box on a Space set says City, that HUGELY affects the lore. At the very least it strongly implies the set contains modern day astronauts in the Solar System. There really is no denying that.

People will still deny it, but that just means they will lose any credibility.