Sign in to follow this  
Rubblemaker

[MOC] Robot Recharge Room

Here we are at the Robot Recharge Room. A place for our metal mates the metropolis over to rest up, power down and then power back up before going back out to their dismal lives of servitude.

More angles and close-ups are in the full album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/164260086@N06/albums/72177720310279857
Or come find me on Instagram: @rubblemaker_lego
Thanks for looking!

800x800.jpg

800x800.jpg

Great build. Far better than the closet Bender gets or the Borg cubes. Almost has a personalized feel for the robot.

1 hour ago, Feuer Zug said:

Great build. Far better than the closet Bender gets or the Borg cubes. Almost has a personalized feel for the robot.

Hooray! An actual reply.. rather than the 113 people who looked at the post and couldn’t be bothered to leave so much as a ‘cool!’ In response. I was thinking this was about to fall victim to the curse of Eurobricks and not get a single response. Only on a ghost town forum like this can you get 113 people view something and not a single one comment…

But I digress. Thanks for the kind words and the astute observation. It is indeed designed with a personal nature in mind. But a place of hospitality for all robots to come to rather than just one. The units on the walls are intended as different types of power supplies offering different grades of energy for different robots. Because I like coming up with silly stories like that for my Mocs.

again, thanks for the response! 😄

Edited by Rubblemaker

sometimes you just don't know what to say.  it's a cool build and all, but just a little random lol.  Nothing to compare to moc wise like star wars, marvel, etc...  lots of imagination, that's for sure.

20 minutes ago, Jaybinx said:

sometimes you just don't know what to say.  it's a cool build and all, but just a little random lol.  Nothing to compare to moc wise like star wars, marvel, etc...  lots of imagination, that's for sure.

Is it that random though? There is a dedicated Star Wars forum here for all your ‘comparing to Star Wars’ needs and it’s not in that, for obvious reason. It’s clearly a sci fi build and it’s in the sci fi forum. This forum doesn’t specify the build needs to be within an established sci fi sector, such as classic space, in fact it is deliberately broadly named with just the genre.. to be inhabited by … random sci fi builds. So I’d say, as I posted this in here it is quite ‘not’ random in fact. The community is full of creatives that don’t make the same old boring spaceships from Star Wars over and over again. If you ask me Star Wars is as mind numbingly tedious as it’s possible to get. It’s all been done over and over and over again ad nauseum. Originality and creativity is far more interesting and thought provoking. The builders that make me think and talk about their work are those who do something truly new. Because that’s a lot more interesting than seeing a Lego Tie Fighter. Again.

I’m not bashing on you btw. Far from it. I think it’s an interesting and thought provoking discussion. And thanks for commenting! 😊🙏👍

Edited by Rubblemaker

I have to admit that I saw your post, thought it was a very nice build, and didn't comment... But I don't comment often...
Anyway, I hope that being featured will brinf more attention to this nice MOC :classic:

2 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

I have to admit that I saw your post, thought it was a very nice build, and didn't comment... But I don't comment often...
Anyway, I hope that being featured will brinf more attention to this nice MOC :classic:

Thanks boss! It's ok honestly, I know not everyone has something expressive to say about a moc. It's sometimes cool just to hear 'nice build' though! I'll just tell myself all those people thought that and then moved on rather than thinking 'what a load of garbage' and then moving on 😛

And thanks loads for the feature! 😊👍

19 hours ago, Rubblemaker said:

Hooray! An actual reply.. rather than the 113 people who looked at the post and couldn’t be bothered to leave so much as a ‘cool!’ In response. I was thinking this was about to fall victim to the curse of Eurobricks and not get a single response. Only on a ghost town forum like this can you get 113 people view something and not a single one comment…

I hear you. Hundreds of views and not a chirp. Keep up the good MOCs though. I don't build for others, but it is nice to get feedback now and then.

31 minutes ago, Feuer Zug said:

I hear you. Hundreds of views and not a chirp. Keep up the good MOCs though. I don't build for others, but it is nice to get feedback now and then.

That's true, I also build for myself first and foremost.. but... also for others. I mean.. what's the point of posting your mocs in a public forum at all if not to hear from and converse with like minded others? Surely that's why we all do it?. Not just to have our work looked at, but to hear what people think about it. I'm being totally honest when I say that I've encountered some of the best builders with the most valuable and mature viewpoints on Eurobricks. I guess there are a lot of users who just observe though and don't partake. That's fine as well of course. To a certain point. Once you've had hundreds of views and no replies you can start to wonder... ;)

Thanks again, it's nice to be able to discuss this sort of thing. 😊👍

I've been a member since 2017, and just noticed I've only posted 6 comments lol... so I'm sure there are MANY member/lurkers who just like to browse the forums and admire the builds, kill time, get ideas, etc.  I'm not very opinionated so I just move on with my browsing or go back to work, haha

7 hours ago, Rubblemaker said:

That's true, I also build for myself first and foremost.. but... also for others. I mean.. what's the point of posting your mocs in a public forum at all if not to hear from and converse with like minded others? Surely that's why we all do it?. Not just to have our work looked at, but to hear what people think about it. I'm being totally honest when I say that I've encountered some of the best builders with the most valuable and mature viewpoints on Eurobricks. I guess there are a lot of users who just observe though and don't partake. That's fine as well of course. To a certain point. Once you've had hundreds of views and no replies you can start to wonder... ;)

Thanks again, it's nice to be able to discuss this sort of thing. 😊👍

I feel you - but then every so often I get super valuable feedback (sometimes even via DMs). And Eurobricks is still better than Instagram/TikTok/etc. A recent build I shared got 20K views across those three platforms and...2 commenters (both on YouTube).

Anyway - love this build. Are those the old fiber optic cables?

Edited by elfprince13

5 hours ago, Jaybinx said:

I've been a member since 2017, and just noticed I've only posted 6 comments lol... so I'm sure there are MANY member/lurkers who just like to browse the forums and admire the builds, kill time, get ideas, etc.  I'm not very opinionated so I just move on with my browsing or go back to work, haha

Fair enough. Nothing wrong with any of that of course. 😊👍

1 hour ago, elfprince13 said:

I feel you - but then every so often I get super valuable feedback (sometimes even via DMs). And Eurobricks is still better than Instagram/TikTok/etc. A recent build I shared got 20K views across those three platforms and...2 commenters (both on YouTube).

Anyway - love this build. Are those the old fiber optic cables?

Agreed, like I said, I’ve met some of the best builders on Eurobricks. I’m not sure I’d say it’s better than Instagram, or worse. Just very different. You get far more interaction with your posts on Instagram but the audience and skill levels vary wildly, whilst here, not as much. Lots of excellent builders post here so you’ll get some really valuable insights and tips from here you won’t get from Instagram.. when people talk to you that is. Which is rarely.

back on topic, the cables are battery powered neon wires from Amazon. £10 for a pack of 5 colours. I have white, blue, pink, red and green. They worked a lot better than I thought they would.

Other stuff of note, there is a torch above it shining through a stack of clear 1x2 bricks creating a strip light in the ceiling and the view out of the window is actually an image displayed on my iPad slotted into the back of the moc!

Thanks for your response btw! 😁

4 hours ago, Rubblemaker said:

Fair enough. Nothing wrong with any of that of course. 😊👍

Agreed, like I said, I’ve met some of the best builders on Eurobricks. I’m not sure I’d say it’s better than Instagram, or worse. Just very different. You get far more interaction with your posts on Instagram but the audience and skill levels vary wildly, whilst here, not as much. Lots of excellent builders post here so you’ll get some really valuable insights and tips from here you won’t get from Instagram.. when people talk to you that is. Which is rarely.

back on topic, the cables are battery powered neon wires from Amazon. £10 for a pack of 5 colours. I have white, blue, pink, red and green. They worked a lot better than I thought they would.

Other stuff of note, there is a torch above it shining through a stack of clear 1x2 bricks creating a strip light in the ceiling and the view out of the window is actually an image displayed on my iPad slotted into the back of the moc!

Thanks for your response btw! 😁

oh yeah, to be sure I wasn't saying Instagram is better in any sense other than that you tend to get more useful comments here even if more people see it there.

and awesome work - the lighting really makes the whole thing come together.

On 8/7/2023 at 6:15 PM, Rubblemaker said:

But I digress. Thanks for the kind words and the astute observation. It is indeed designed with a personal nature in mind. But a place of hospitality for all robots to come to rather than just one. The units on the walls are intended as different types of power supplies offering different grades of energy for different robots. Because I like coming up with silly stories like that for my Mocs.

again, thanks for the response! 😄

As a member who has witnessed ghost town so often himself (Usually it ends up in a monologue of me updating the topic over a few weeks, or just an instant finished project with 500+views, no comments), hereby my reply to you as it looks great! And the first time I actually used the frontpage image to go to a topic (normally my browser starts up in the Technic Ghost Town).

Is that background a small LCD screen? And 2 glassfibres?

Hi, really nice creation. I'd like to ask how you created the top left air-conditioning ventilation. I don't recognize the fan piece

2 hours ago, oleth said:

Hi, really nice creation. I'd like to ask how you created the top left air-conditioning ventilation. I don't recognize the fan piece

Thanks for the response, and the kind words :) The piece used for the fan cage on the air con unit is one of these in flat silver: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=18978&name=Wheel Cover 5 Spoke and 10 Spoke for Wheel 18976, 8 in Bag - 4 of Each (Multipack)&category=[Wheel, Accessory]#T=C

3 hours ago, Mr Jos said:

As a member who has witnessed ghost town so often himself (Usually it ends up in a monologue of me updating the topic over a few weeks, or just an instant finished project with 500+views, no comments), hereby my reply to you as it looks great! And the first time I actually used the frontpage image to go to a topic (normally my browser starts up in the Technic Ghost Town).

Is that background a small LCD screen? And 2 glassfibres?

Thanks for the response! we are brothers in arms! 😄🫡💪 The background is an image displayed on my iPad slotted into the back of the moc. I wanted the backlighting and glass from it to add to the effect of a window. In fact, in one of the shots where the robot is standing upright his reflection is even caught in it. So that worked out ok. The cables are battery powered neon wires from Amazon. £10 for a pack of 5. I have white, green, red, pink and blue! And they also worked a lot better than I thought they would! 😊

Thanks again for taking the time to respond!

5 hours ago, Rubblemaker said:

Thanks for the response, and the kind words :) The piece used for the fan cage on the air con unit is one of these in flat silver: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=18978&name=Wheel Cover 5 Spoke and 10 Spoke for Wheel 18976, 8 in Bag - 4 of Each (Multipack)&category=[Wheel, Accessory]#T=C

Thanks, nice one! First time I spot this part

On 8/7/2023 at 9:15 AM, Rubblemaker said:

All I can say is, be the change you want to see. How many MOCs from other people have you commented on here in the past year?

I try to comment on every MOC that I can say something nice about if it's in my sphere of interest. Because it sucks when your MOC gets ignored. 

I posted a Classic Space ship that splits into two space ships, and both space ships transforms into a mech. I think it looks pretty darn good. And, you know, both ships f*cking transform. And almost nobody commented on it. I think people just don't care about MOCs that aren't Star Wars or something else they already like.

Edited by danth

2 hours ago, danth said:

All I can say is, be the change you want to see. How many MOCs from other people have you commented on here in the past year?

I try to comment on every MOC that I can say something nice about if it's in my sphere of interest. Because it sucks when your MOC gets ignored. 

I posted a Classic Space ship that splits into two space ships, and both space ships transforms into a mech. I think it looks pretty darn good. And, you know, both ships f*cking transform. And almost nobody commented on it. I think people just don't care about MOCs that aren't Star Wars or something else they already like.

How many have I commented on? Perhaps not enough, perhaps I’m contributing to that problem too… but I’m sure as hell providing a lot of content and many people who don’t comment also don’t even do that. I’m one of the content creators of Eurobricks. I come here to share my work for others entertainment and to chat about it with like minded others. Without people like me there really is no Eurobricks (totally hyperbolic that, but you get the gist, and luckily there are a lot of people like me) But as you say, and as your, frankly brilliant, moc proved, if people don’t instantly recognise it from popular culture, all the talent, time and skill in the world behind a build means nothing. Sometimes.

That’s where Lego enthusiasts come in and where they can be more engaging to those of us who provide the content than casual consumers. 

btw, I’m not saying as a content creator I shouldn’t need or be expected to comment on others work, not at all and your point is valid (though I tend to comment if I think something is good enough and I want to know something from the builder) I’m saying that I’m at least pulling more weight than 113 lurkers. 😄 or at least, I like to think all the content I provide for people to look at is doing that anyway.

Thanks for responding! 😊👍🤟

Edited by Rubblemaker

45 minutes ago, Rubblemaker said:

How many have I commented on? Perhaps not enough, perhaps I’m contributing to that problem too… but I’m sure as hell providing a lot of content and many people who don’t comment also don’t even do that. I’m one of the content creators of Eurobricks. I come here to share my work for others entertainment and to chat about it with like minded others. Without people like me there really is no Eurobricks (totally hyperbolic that, but you get the gist, and luckily there are a lot of people like me) But as you say, and as your, frankly brilliant, moc proved, if people don’t instantly recognise it from popular culture, all the talent, time and skill in the world behind a build means nothing. Sometimes.

That’s where Lego enthusiasts come in and where they can be more engaging to those of us who provide the content than casual consumers. 

btw, I’m not saying as a content creator I shouldn’t need or be expected to comment on others work, not at all and your point is valid (though I tend to comment if I think something is good enough and I want to know something from the builder) I’m saying that I’m at least pulling more weight than 113 lurkers. 😄 or at least, I like to think all the content I provide for people to look at is doing that anyway.

Thanks for responding! 😊👍🤟

There are enough "content creators" who dump their creations in several forums and other places and seek admiration but who in turn never comment on other people's mocs. Imagine there were only "content creators" and not stupid people like me who write comments...!

47 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

There are enough "content creators" who dump their creations in several forums and other places and seek admiration but who in turn never comment on other people's mocs. Imagine there were only "content creators" and not stupid people like me who write comments...!

Certainly didn’t mean to imply that. The landscape has changed a lot over the last couple of years. The hobby is growing in popularity by an incredible amount, which is great. And there are indeed a lot more people doing it, and doing Mocs and seeking attention for them. Totally agree. It’s probably reached over saturation by this point. 

thanks for responding! 😊👍

Edited by Rubblemaker

Please guys be nice to each other. I'm sure all mocers can relate and have experienced the feeling @Rubblemaker expressed. I know I have, many times.

Anyways let's end that discussion and concentrate on the MOC :classic:

2 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

Please guys be nice to each other. I'm sure all mocers can relate and have experienced the feeling @Rubblemaker expressed. I know I have, many times.

Anyways let's end that discussion and concentrate on the MOC :classic:

Indeed. My original reply to Feuer was meant to be quite tongue in cheek tbh. Any feedback is nice, no feedback is fine. Views are always good. Peace!

20 hours ago, Operacion Saturno said:

I love the GITS look of this diorama. I can almost hear the song "Making of Cyborg" while looking at these images.

I’m gonna need some google refs for this because I really want to know what you’re referencing… GITS? 😂