Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 25. Rumors and discussion

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

That part is not new - It has been used for Thanos (twice!) and has appeared in the Lunar New Year parade. 

Oh I know there it’s an existing big head for Thanos. When I said “new”, I mean something new prints for that big head part. Or a new purpose to use it for Seies 25 like I just gave an example on an unfortunate rookie wizard. Sorry for confusion. 

17 hours ago, SirBlake said:

I hope series 25 sucks and I hope TLG chokes on this BS blind box packaging.

If there are no codes on the box, I’m done with the CMF line. 

You just can Bricklink specific parts or a whole minifigure.

4 hours ago, Lion King said:

You just can Bricklink specific parts or a whole minifigure.

Yeah, but then you will have to pay more, especially for very popular minifigures

22 hours ago, SirBlake said:

I hope series 25 

Watch it being a castle/medieval themed series lol 

Edited by Robert8

1 hour ago, Black Falcon said:

Yeah, but then you will have to pay more, especially for very popular minifigures

Blame the secondary market sellers’ greed, I guess? 

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Watch it being a castle/medieval themed series lol 

That would be torture. 

I don´t see that happening. Even if Space will be without license and just about Lego space, I don´t see them doing the same again in two consecutive series. Also there should be one normal CMFs Series each year. However, if Space really turns out to be about Lego Space, I can see them do the same again 2025 with Castle. 

3 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

I don´t see that happening. Even if Space will be without license and just about Lego space, I don´t see them doing the same again in two consecutive series. Also there should be one normal CMFs Series each year. However, if Space really turns out to be about Lego Space, I can see them do the same again 2025 with Castle. 

I agree; one classic theme Series per year makes the most sense (Space 2024, Castle 2025, Pirates 2026 (to coincide with a new remake), perhaps?). I wonder what other classic themes could get CMFs - Adventurers, Aquazone, Rock Raiders, and Alpha Team could just be revived as full themes, so what else is there for a CMF line? LEGO Island would be cool, but I feel like the characters could easily just be incorporated into City (as Rocker Racer has been). 

43 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I agree; one classic theme Series per year makes the most sense (Space 2024, Castle 2025, Pirates 2026 (to coincide with a new remake), perhaps?). I wonder what other classic themes could get CMFs - Adventurers, Aquazone, Rock Raiders, and Alpha Team could just be revived as full themes, so what else is there for a CMF line? LEGO Island would be cool, but I feel like the characters could easily just be incorporated into City (as Rocker Racer has been). 

Western would be a cool theme for a Series too IMO. But yeah the first three likely would be Space, Castle and Pirates. 

Well as for full themes, they could revive many things as such, but I don´t have that much hope for any revivals really, from such Special themes like Aquazone etc. 

3 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

Western would be a cool theme for a Series too IMO. But yeah the first three likely would be Space, Castle and Pirates.  

Oh I like that Western-themed CMF Series. It can be mixed with cowboys, bandits, sheriffs, Native Americans, and citizens. 

I would love ot see a Western lady robot’s hairpiece (from The Lego Movie Series) reappear in a new color! Same for Willie’s Raccon-tail hat.

54 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Agreed that Lego island is too easy to fit into City. BUT we never got physical minifigures from the classic video game like Infomaniac, etc. 

I’d certainly hope any themed non-licensed series wouldn’t be in place of the regular series. Part of the appeal of the original CMF line was the variety of non-licensed figures and generally characters that they wouldn’t bother including in regular sets.

I’d like an Adventurers series but Space, Castle, Pirates would be a waste in my opinion, just as the costumed and monsters series were. It would be OK if these were in place of a licensed series I suppose.

14 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

I’d clike an Adventurers series but Space, Castle, Pirates would be a waste in my opinion, just as the costumed and monsters series were. It would be OK if these were in place of a licensed series I suppose.

if you would like to see Adventurer series, wold it be a waste to other collectors’ opinions as well?

Just saying. 

2 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

I’d certainly hope any themed non-licensed series wouldn’t be in place of the regular series. Part of the appeal of the original CMF line was the variety of non-licensed figures and generally characters that they wouldn’t bother including in regular sets.

I’d like an Adventurers series but Space, Castle, Pirates would be a waste in my opinion, just as the costumed and monsters series were. It would be OK if these were in place of a licensed series I suppose.

Well, I don´t care much that the Space Series has the same spot the other series have already - I mean, we do get a normal CMF Series just before we get the space one. So there would have been some licensed Series anyways, which has a good chance that I wouldn´t care about it anyways. - well not, that it really takes any series place at the next one will just come afterwards lol. 

Anyways a Space series for me is much more interesting, as Marvel or Muppets were. And a castle Series would have a good chance to be the first I would buy completely

As for an Adventurers Series, that one would actually be one of the less Intersesting for me. I mean, Space, Castle, Pirates and even Western you have plenty of Iconic Minifigures you could bring back. 

For Adventures, well I guess you got the three main Characters and then the Evil ones - but are they really that interesting to have them in a CMF series? I don´t know, I just don´t see Lego doing it, especially since we just had Indiana Jones Sets.

5 hours ago, Lion King said:

BUT we never got physical minifigures from the classic video game like Infomaniac, etc. 

We did

5 hours ago, Lion King said:

Oh I like that Western-themed CMF Series. It can be mixed with cowboys, bandits, sheriffs, Native Americans, and citizens. 

We have already gotten these in past CMF series, and probably will again at some point. I was thinking of things that have not really been represented in CMF form yet. 

1 hour ago, Black Falcon said:

For Adventures, well I guess you got the three main Characters and then the Evil ones - but are they really that interesting to have them in a CMF series? I don´t know, I just don´t see Lego doing it, especially since we just had Indiana Jones Sets.

The main six are Johnny Thunder, Pippin Reed, Dr. Kilroy, Harry Cane, Baron von Barron, and Sam Sinister. More importantly, however, is that Adventurers should be able to have adventures! Even if LEGO can make CMFs for them, I would prefer that Adventurers return as a proper theme. 

2 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Even if LEGO can make CMFs for them, I would prefer that Adventurers return as a proper theme.

I´d love to get a set like Barracuda Bay. Maybe the Sphinx? :)

3 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

That would look amazing, and could include some really cool features! Maybe the truck and hot air balloon from the Temple of Anubis could also be included? 

2 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

If they do an Icon set for Adventurer with NO STiCKERS, I’m interested.  :) 

5 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The main six are Johnny Thunder, Pippin Reed, Dr. Kilroy, Harry Cane, Baron von Barron, and Sam Sinister. More importantly, however, is that Adventurers should be able to have adventures! Even if LEGO can make CMFs for them, I would prefer that Adventurers return as a proper theme. 

Well if you look at Desert, then yes. But if you look at the whole theme, I would neither of the others main Characters, theme Wise. Barron was only in Desert and Dino, Sinister in Desert and Orient and Cane in Desert and Jungle. While the other three were in all 4 themes - well at least if you assume that Lightning/Killroy and Storm/Reed are the same person, which they actually look like. And honestly. All 6 of them are kinda boring minifigures, which don´t work well in a CMF series IMO. I agree that they rather should be in an Adventuerers Set, but with Indiana Jones out just recently I don´t see that happening anytime soon.

19 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

with Indiana Jones out just recently I don´t see that happening anytime soon.

Indiana Jones is over - Both the series and likely the theme as well - so I can see an Adventurers reboot/revival happening at some point in the near future (especially as a one-off Moments set). 

I agree that themed non-licensed sets are favourable to licensed sets for me. I just don't want this to replace a regular series slot but if it replaced something like the Muppets, Looney Tunes, Simpsons then I'm quite happy. I like the idea of an Adventurers Moments set, which would probably be the like the Anubis set (as mentioned above - no stickers please)! 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Indiana Jones is over - Both the series and likely the theme as well - so I can see an Adventurers reboot/revival happening at some point in the near future (especially as a one-off Moments set). 

Well, I don´t expect them to make more Indiana Jones Sets, but they are still around. Would guess EOL for end of next year - and I don´t think that it will be right followed by an Adventurers Set - in the end people who want Adventurers likely bought Indiana Jones already. On the other side it wouldn´t be that unlikely for Lego to bring a new Set short after the old one runs out. But anyways I wouldn´t expect any Adventurers Set before 2025.

6 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

I agree that themed non-licensed sets are favourable to licensed sets for me. I just don't want this to replace a regular series slot but if it replaced something like the Muppets, Looney Tunes, Simpsons then I'm quite happy. I like the idea of an Adventurers Moments set, which would probably be the like the Anubis set (as mentioned above - no stickers please)! 

Well. We had 1 one unlicensed Series this year and two Licensed. Last year it were two unlicensed and one licensed. So, we can´t really say we won´t have less regular Series because of it (before, the last year with two regular Series was 2016, though). But if they would do one regular, one legacy, moments or whatevery that would get called and one licensed each year, would still be good IMO.

Dang. The corpse isn’t even cold yet and you’re already discussing the inheritance :laugh_hard:

Seriously though, I wouldn’t mind a new in-house adventure theme. It’s been a while!

2 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

We had 1 one unlicensed Series this year and two Licensed. Last year it were two unlicensed and one licensed. So, we can´t really say we won´t have less regular Series because of it (before, the last year with two regular Series was 2016, though). But if they would do one regular, one legacy, moments or whatevery that would get called and one licensed each year, would still be good IMO.

Exacctly.