Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2024

10 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

People might be saying “why is the car transport $100” but look, previous car transports have been designed for 4-wide cars, this is for 6-wide cars, of which you get 3! I think $100 is justifiable for this set.

It still sounds expensive imo. But if the amount of stuff and/or piece count is sufficient then it's fair enough. I can imagine those three cars going for €15 to €20 each and that transport going for like €40 on its own (as it does apparently accommodate 6 cars) so it kinda adds up.

11 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

The harbor and cargo ship looks terrible, probably my least favorite city set of this year (not counting 4+)

I'm wondering why you don't like it? 

I'm happy that they included a smaller ship and invested quite some bricks in surrounding structure/real estate, reminding me of the early 90s harbour sets. 

Stoked for an Exo Force mecha. 

That is one of the more entertaining call-outs ever. Just stick a whole mech in there.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, *thomas* said:

I'm happy that they included a smaller ship and invested quite some bricks in surrounding structure/real estate, reminding me of the early 90s harbour sets. 

Yeah, there's already a giant ship with the arctic research ship, and 2 smaller floating boats with the fire boat and sailboat (+ 2 smaller inflatable boats too in lime and red), so a brick built boat that can be modified easy for play, isn't bad, especially in a harbour set where water play likely isn't going to happen with the majority of the set being the harbour itself. Also not every City set needs to be €150+ , as they are already releasing lots of big sets these days.

Edited by TeriXeri

8 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Yeah, there's already a giant ship with the arctic research ship, and 2 floating boats with the fire boat and sailboat, so a brick built boat that can be modified easy for play, isn't bad, especially in a harbour set where water play likely isn't going to happen with the majority of the set being the harbour itself.

The hideout would also make a great addition to the harbour. It could even be used as a gatekeepers office to access the cargo area.

60417_alt1.png?format=webply&fit=bounds&

9 hours ago, *thomas* said:

The hideout would also make a great addition to the harbour. It could even be used as a gatekeepers office to access the cargo area.

I would not be surprised if the crooks’ hideout can just snap onto the left side of the harbour. 

On 4/23/2024 at 5:22 AM, *thomas* said:

I'm wondering why you don't like it? 

I completely agree! Not only do we get a ship, we get harbor space and a bench with a small building, a nice face that feels fleshed out and lived in. This is actually my favorite reveal of all the recent Lego leaks across all themes. This harbor set is gearing up to be one of my favorite 2024 City sets.

A bit late to the party as I bought this set a while ago and only just built it as it was on my backlog of sets to get around to. But I finally built the 60321 Fire Brigade and I love it. The Sardine Factory feels easy to modify and I can easily see myself removing the flames and giving it an interior, and removing the rebuild and keep out signs and replacing them with "regular" bricks, unprinted and all. The base plate for the street takes up some room but it's easily removable. But despite the customizability it's just gorgeous. The Hazmat figure is my favorite, never got the Series 4 Hazmat guy but this will do for now. Also the kitten mold is just adorable.

Is it too early to ask about the status on Advent Calendar? I could not remember when the leak happened for advent calendar but I beleive it’s usually revealed on August.

Posted (edited)

What I'm most excited about is the fact that the tram actually comes with tracks. $80.00 USD isn't bad for what you seem to get in the set. You get a three piece unit with tracks and two platforms. With that being said, I don't mind paying that much. Once again, US buyers have to wait until August to get their hands on this awesome set. Considering that it has no electronics (no complaints from me), I would consider this as a train booster set/transit system expansion pack to go along with the passenger train and the train station from 2022, which I think were amazing sets to start off a public transit subtheme with. 

Edited by The Brick Boss

Aw, the advent calendar is cute. Not only does it have both Santa and Mrs. Claus, but the whole family has holiday sweaters (including the dog)!

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Aw, the advent calendar is cute. Not only does it have both Santa and Mrs. Claus, but the whole family has holiday sweaters (including the dog)!

And I bet the baby does too! 

This is what they need to do when they’re asking $45 for Calendars. All those sweaters, new scooter color. Great bits, always happy to get more food parts. 

I'm loving this new tram and tram stop set. It'll be a nice addition to my collection. :)

5 hours ago, Vindicare said:

And I bet the baby does too! 

It does. And IMO it does belong to the family ;)

This calendar looks way more like christmas than the previous ones, where we always had Santa in but most of the minifigures were not different from the ones you get normally. Now every single one looks like Christmas. 

9 hours ago, Wolfman_Bricks said:

I wish the dogs didn’t come with vests 

Why not?

9 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I was on wonder if they would do space-themed event calendar like they do with Star Wars. But this one is a big plus! I must get them.

1 hour ago, Salix said:

I'm loving this new tram and tram stop set. It'll be a nice addition to my collection. :)

Same here! Though to be honest, I get more vibes from the Toronto Rockets in Canada for this set rather than a tram. 

14 minutes ago, The Brick Boss said:

Same here! Though to be honest, I get more vibes from the Toronto Rockets in Canada for this set rather than a tram. 

It reminds me of the airport shuttle set from the 90s

Really nice mechanism they done to fix up the gap problem between the station and tram

Looking closely at the images of the tram, it appears the front/back carriage is the same build as the middle carriage plus a cab, meaning it will be super easy to convert them into an extra middle carriage when trying to lengthen it to the desired length

6 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Are the City Jungle sets also expected to be revealed this week? I cannot find if they are June releases.

Possibly tomorrow 

2 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Possibly tomorrow 

Cool, these are my most anticipated sets of the summer! And thanks!

10 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Cool, these are my most anticipated sets of the summer! And thanks!

No problem. Usually a German retailer publishes pictures around midnight(in German time obviously). We'll get images for every single set probably, not sure about 60440.

Can't wait to see the jungle sets. As I've got a few of  the 2017 wave and I'm looking for a base and more parts of terrain.