idlemarvel

88005 Powered Up Lights and 88012 Technic Hub

Is something happending to these Powered Up items? They are not listed at all on lego.com (en-gb site) and on some european sites (eg. ch-de) the 88012 is listed as an "old product" ( I guess that means retired). I assume they are still being sold in sets that use those items. Have I missed something? You can still buy them of course on Bricklink etc via their part numbers, but should I start stocking up? :-)

88012 has got a replacement which is equal but the battery lid is screwed in place. I assume it is due to some regulatory/safety issue with the earlier battery lid which only had clips for easy/convenient opening ☺️. You'll find the replacement battery box if searching on Bricklink for Powered Up parts !

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=bb1277c01#T=C

Regarding 88005, I haven't got a clue....

Edited by Selander
Added link

A few weeks ago, I noticed 88009 City Hub and 88005 Lights were out of stock on the US site. I contacted their customer support, who said they didn't know why both were removed. A few days later they replied again to say that the City Hub was back, but didn't know when the lights would be back.

My local Lego store has plenty of City Hubs in stock but no lights.

I went up to my local LEGO store in St. Louis looking for the lights for a family member's Winter Village cable car to finish it off, and they said they never received them - from release of the light to now. Very strange, don't you think?

I believe they're still being included in the most recent passenger train, but bizarre that they're not available online or in shops as well.

If anyone buys the 88011 from lego.com (North American order fulfilment) using the "new" listing, check the packaging to see if it has a new item number and or UPC code.  The one I have from a couple years ago has item #6261456 and UPC 6 73419 30911 0.  There could be no change of any real substance, like they could have merely updated some of the printing on the polybag.  Maybe they've switched to the non-plastic type packaging?  Or it could actually be an internal production revision of one or more parts in the package or motor assembly.  Whatever the answer, it's probably the same reason for the disappearance/reappearance of other PU items (aside from the screwed cover change to the 88012).

Both 88005 and 88012 are back on the menu and showing as available on en-gb site so all is well. For some reason the Technic Hub is marked as "New.

11 hours ago, idlemarvel said:

Both 88005 and 88012 are back on the menu and showing as available on en-gb site so all is well. For some reason the Technic Hub is marked as "New.

As mentioned earlier, probably due to the new screwed battery lid. (earlier version of 88012 had only clips ...)

Both 88005 and 88012 are available on Lego.com in Sweden as well.

I was fortunate to find a seller in Europe who had 7 Powered-Up LED light kits listed at a low price AND didn't want a fortune to send them to Australia. 

Grabbed all 7!

They were Brand-New - maybe - They were in a small white box, in a plastic wrap, but no part numbers...

But you know that you can buy them from LEGO online?

88005  ?

Or did I miss something?