Mister Phes

[OFFICIAL] 10320 Eldorado Fortress - Available NOW

Yes, showing the set with the different parts split out does not do it justice and won’t trigger much impulse buy/sway those on the fence as to whether or not they would be better off waiting (2x vip, gwp).

51 minutes ago, Arjo said:

Yes, showing the set with the different parts split out does not do it justice and won’t trigger much impulse buy/sway those on the fence as to whether or not they would be better off waiting (2x vip, gwp).

I've already seen a few presentations by various shops worldwide on Insta — not a single one yet has presented the set via splitting its modules apart & leaving it at that, so I rly have no idea why would those in charge of the whole thing in your local shop come up with this thought. Especially considering 10320 already has a couple of great display options initially that allow customers to explore pretty much everything in the set. How do they even imagine a general not-so-into-Pirates-theme public to guess the correct positioning & purpose of each module in both of the initial display scenarios if people haven't seen the pictures of the set beforehand or perhaps have never heard of & ain't familiar with the original Eldorado Fortress? Do they show at least some official promo pics for the set in your local shop, did they put a box nearby, something? Cuz if it just sits there split out with the only info available being a name/pricetag — I honestly don't even know what to say here :pir-grin:

Oh the boxes are there… still talk about underselling. Always a disappointment when I go to the store to see a new set on display and I can tell whomever put it together had to rush and/or did not care that much:(

6 hours ago, F1stzz said:

How is this an "older version" if it's "continuing the story"? If it's the older version of Eldorado Fortress, then the storyline should rather be a prequel than continuation. Barracuda Bay was basically a story of 6285 that's got into the storm and was shipwrecked near an uninhabited island — this is indeed the next chapter of the BSB's adventures. I just wonder where did you get the info about 10320 being an older version of 6276, cuz in the manual you've provided the link to there's no additional information given that's not been already available & discussed (story wise, ofc). What I see in the manual is 10320 being talked about in the key of "Eldorado Fortress 30 years later" & 6276 being a prequel. Maybe I'm missing something here, Idk.

The amount of photos & videos, & feedbacks in the coming weeks is gonna be massive :pir_laugh2: I feel like I'm gonna be looking through those for months rly, as some of my local sellers have already placed the pre-orders at... ...around the $350-370 mark, lol :pir-grin: If my local retailers are gonna do the same in the coming days, I guess the general customer in my region is screwed :pir-sweet:

I quoted it directly from the manual 🤣🤣

Either way Lego’s turn around time for BaP is six months now, 

There wasn’t a line but only like 3 people were there at store opening, but managed to snagged a boxed up one 😭

i don’t think that Lego stores had much room for display anyways

0DqMXAn.jpg

V3joDjy.jpg

Q95XI5h.jpg

This is hilarious, I wish they still put them up before release date like before

ZUbTa6f.jpg

Edited by eldiano

13 minutes ago, eldiano said:

I quoted it directly from the manual 🤣 🤣

Nah, I just didn't get exactly what you've meant at first, all's fine :thumbup:

That's a hell of an introduction made for the set tho! Really appreciate the presentation, I bet there's nothing like that in a local shop @Arjo was talking about and it's a shame really. TY for the photos, what's the location exactly?

Snagged one last pic before leaving the store.  This is in Texas

xANQSfW.jpg

Edited by eldiano

Yeah TXS did it way better, I hope someone comes to their senses and upgrade my store display!

As much as it pains me to do so... I'm holding off my purchase for a good GWP promotion.

I have no worries about this one going out of stock like POBB, TLG seems to have gotten past their major supply issues.

But the fact that the set launched for VIPs with absolutely no promotions at all is extremely disappointing. Even if it had been the Blacktron set again, at least that would have been something (though, I already have that one). So even though I am super anxious to get my hands on the set, I'm going to be patient and hold out for a bit.

31 minutes ago, PxChris said:

But the fact that the set launched for VIPs with absolutely no promotions at all is extremely disappointing. Even if it had been the Blacktron set again, at least that would have been something (though, I already have that one).

I have an evil theory (ofc I do, lol) this was done by TLG purposefully in order to test out how much of a pure income the nostalgia factor can actually bring right off the bat, how hard the set is gonna sell right at the start on its price point without any additional motivation for the customer except nostalgia + excitement for the build/theme in general. I guess that info can actually showcase something for 'em about the whole idea of producing the nostalgia driven remakes going forward.

I too am waiting for a good GWP deal before getting this set.  Got burned too many times buying expensive sets with no special deals so I refuse to succumb to FOMO.   The only set I don’t regret buying day 1 with no special offer is POBB.  I will have patience this time around.  Don't really need another copy of Blacktron so I may try to wait til the end of the month for the next offer although it's a much lower buy in threshold for that next offer one.  I could probably reach the minimum for Blacktron with a few Harry Potter sets with 2x VIP points & my growing PAB list.  Been holding off on my HP purchases waiting on the upcoming HP GWP. 

I definitely understand the desire to wait for a GWP or double VIP points here, that's just being a savvy LEGO buyer at this point. But is the expectation that every launch will have a promotion the norm now? I don't recall the Barracuda Bay, Lion Knight's Castle or Galaxy Explorer having promotions right at launch but I could be wrong.

(Just curious, not arguing about the pros/cons/merits of GWP as a concept; if it were up to me I'd say give me a Summer Parts Pack and a Sabre Island GWP at launch because I want em!, lol.)

Lion knight had one… and “worse” still, about a month or two after launch (in my region at least), TLG did what they never do whereby one could get a pretty good discount on this set and a few others in exchange for a token amount of vip points (going by memory). I write “worse” because I had already bought it to secure the forrestman gwp… most expensive set I ever bought and I missed out on the discount! Lego is like romantic relationships (love hate?), one has to learn from past mistakes!:)

Edited by Arjo

19 minutes ago, Arjo said:

Lego is like romantic relationships

I'd say the "Stockholm syndrome" at this point, lol :pir-grin:

For those who had their box in the cardboard packaging seen on the photos above and posted by @eldiano, can you tell me if the box moves a lot inside or if it is on the contrary wedged? Like the castle, I imagine that it is this outbox that will be used to send the Eldorado Fortress and I I would like to know to what extent the box is likely to arrive damaged if I place an order online. The 10305 castle had two cardboard blocks inside the large shipping box, which made it possible to anticipate any shocks linked to transport. Is this also the case for the 10320? I would like to receive my box in immaculate condition.

2 hours ago, Khargeust said:

For those who had their box in the cardboard packaging seen on the photos above and posted by @eldiano, can you tell me if the box moves a lot inside or if it is on the contrary wedged? Like the castle, I imagine that it is this outbox that will be used to send the Eldorado Fortress and I I would like to know to what extent the box is likely to arrive damaged if I place an order online. The 10305 castle had two cardboard blocks inside the large shipping box, which made it possible to anticipate any shocks linked to transport. Is this also the case for the 10320? I would like to receive my box in immaculate condition.

The shipping box has no cardboard blocks, it’s a bit loose on the sides and a snug from front to back. Definitely not like 10305, when I was carrying this set around I felt the box moving aside from the bags of lego

nO4zjwa.jpg

Edited by eldiano

3 minutes ago, eldiano said:

The shipping box has no cardboard blocks, it’s a bit loose on the sides and a snug from front to back. Definitely not like 10305

Thank you for your precise answer. Do you think transport could damage the box of the set ? Too bad, 10305 shipping box was perfect.

50 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

Thank you for your precise answer. Do you think transport could damage the box of the set ? Too bad, 10305 shipping box was perfect.

I posted a picture on my previous message so you can see the comparison above!!

to be honest the cardboard on this set is thinner than 10305.

I feel that this one can be damaged easily during shipping, but to be honest one of my barracuda bay sets was damaged from shop.lego and they managed to send out a new one with cushions inside the box that time 🤣

8FffpNC.jpg

El Dorado has some interesting building techniques but the more I dig deeper into set, the hope of building an extra imperial trading post, is fading to the sea.  I am happy extremely happy building a new pirates set from 2023 but it’s sad that we have to put up with paying more for less, like F1stzz mentioned the printing quality or lack of any printing is noticeable, I wanted to defend it so bad BUT once I saw that the imperial hats had no prints, I went over board.  MIND you if you don’t have the previous wave you really won’t miss anything but if you compare them side to side, I am soooo glad I stocked up on imperial officers from the chess set and buying a bunch of sets around this time.

Haha  look I’m loving this set, but the minifigures feel like they were made by bootleg company. Yes they are different but imperial clothes are not as shiny/reflective as the 2015 line up, even the armada flag has no gold trims. What I mean is that the other figures had more details in the clothes than these ones. 

I just want to say that I’m extremely happy with a new imperial set, I love it, but I’m just being nit picky with stuff that I could possible change in the future.  That governors office had me in tears, I thought I could fix the door but that doorway is 3 studs wide only haha

BTW Roebuck mentioned that lego has locked the admiral torso/admiral hat and admiral flag as an IP so we won’t be able to buy them directly from PaB ever or for a long while. 

o1jtfRN.jpg?1

Edited by eldiano

32 minutes ago, eldiano said:

I posted a picture on my previous message so you can see the comparison above!!

to be honest the cardboard on this set is thinner than 10305.

I feel that this one can be damaged easily during shipping, but to be honest one of my barracuda bay sets was damaged from shop.lego and they managed to send out a new one with cushions inside the box that time 🤣

Thank you for the photos and comments, it's really helpful.

As I would like to get several copies during its availability, I would try to buy at least one copy online, either on July 11 or when the GWP Majisto will be released.

My local certified store, despite having the VIP points program, is offering 15% off a receipt for their birthday week (mine is this fall), so it can also be an opportunity to shop in store and be safe if I see that the box arrives damaged by the online purchase.

Sorry if some find these concerns of little interest but I attach importance to the good condition of the LEGO boxes and it must be said that this one is very beautiful, all the more reason to want it in perfect condition!

5 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

Thank you for the photos and comments, it's really helpful.

As I would like to get several copies during its availability, I would try to buy at least one copy online, either on July 11 or when the GWP Majisto will be released.

My local certified store, despite having the VIP points program, is offering 15% off a receipt for their birthday week (mine is this fall), so it can also be an opportunity to shop in store and be safe if I see that the box arrives damaged by the online purchase.

Sorry if some find these concerns of little interest but I attach importance to the good condition of the LEGO boxes and it must be said that this one is very beautiful, all the more reason to want it in perfect condition!

I share your same concern, I’m the type of consumer that voices their opinion when companies like amazon stick a shipping label to the actual box of lego sets and arrives beaten up and damaged.  Like I mentioned Lego will take care of you said anything happens to it in between but generally they arrive in good condition.

I know some lego fans throw out the boxes but not me, I keep them because they are beautiful, especially this one, My lego store knows me so well they keep my sets boxed up so I can buy them with the shipping box, included. For me it’s extra storage protection that keeps the cardboard scratch and dust free. 

For me to be honest shipping boxes are my GWP, this is why I like to buy them when they get released since it’s one of the few times I can buy one closed like that. 

13 minutes ago, eldiano said:

Like I mentioned Lego will take care of you said anything happens to it in between but generally they arrive in good condition [...] For me it’s extra storage protection that keeps the cardboard scratch and dust free. 

The parcels from the online shipping that I have made on the official store since I got back to LEGO have all arrived in very good condition, but often it is the GWPs that are damaged because they get crushed by the big main box of the set that motivated my purchase (I only buy online when there are interesting gifts or VIP points x2 since my local store is not an official one). I regret that there is not more protection inside, often the boxes wander around. I was delighted to discover the 10305 outbox, it is really perfect, suitable for the set, and  like you I also use it for extra protection for storage.

4 hours ago, TalonCard said:

I definitely understand the desire to wait for a GWP or double VIP points here, that's just being a savvy LEGO buyer at this point. But is the expectation that every launch will have a promotion the norm now? I don't recall the Barracuda Bay, Lion Knight's Castle or Galaxy Explorer having promotions right at launch but I could be wrong.

(Just curious, not arguing about the pros/cons/merits of GWP as a concept; if it were up to me I'd say give me a Summer Parts Pack and a Sabre Island GWP at launch because I want em!, lol.)

From my experience the only norm to expect a linked GWP is when they release something huge like a Star Wars UCS or or other very expensive larger set like the Eiffel Tower or the annual expensive Harry Potter set.  Everyone assumed based on leaker reports that the Forest Hideout GWP would release with the Castle last year but Lego decided to release it 6 weeks or so earlier so it was gone in the US when the Castle became available although sources also said it would return with the Castle.  Fortunately I managed to make two other purchases prior to the castle to secure two copies of the Hideout, one of which included a pre-order for the Galaxy Explorer.  So I usually have a backlog of bigger or exclusive sets on my wishlist I'm willing to purchase direct from Lego in order to secure the GWP's I want when they become available.  Doesn’t always work out but the way they schedule overlap on some GWP's in relation to new set releases it's always a gamble.  I don't do pre-orders on sets unless there is a GWP I'm wanting offered at the same time like I did for the Galaxy Explorer to get the Hideout GWP.  And in those rare instances I add something small to the order to insure the GWP gets sent out right away since they don't hold them for pre-orders. 

Edited by karrit

Admiral being IP locked is a bummer:( how doesone even find out about this? Are the soldiers unlikely to make it to PaB too? If that is the case then it is a double edged sword for TLG. I might reconsider getting the set altogether if I have no hope of adding to the troops at a more reasonable price point…

Since by now I already have a decent number of Imperial foot soldiers, I planned to use the current Eldorado torso's as officers, and the 2015 -and older torso's for footfolk of different branches (line infantry and cannoneers, or marines or somesuch).

2 hours ago, eldiano said:

I am happy extremely happy building a new pirates set from 2023 but it’s sad that we have to put up with paying more for less, like F1stzz mentioned the printing quality or lack of any printing is noticeable...

I mean, you may give these soldiers an order to wash their uniforms, maybe then the printing will gain some quality, Idk. Sry, couldn't resist, that's just me being me here — in all seriousness tho, with all the stuff that I said, in the meantime, I was really hoping that my fears will turn out to be a huge overreaction, but with this...

Haha  look I’m loving this set, but the minifigures feel like they were made by bootleg company. 

...being the first live feedback on the minifigures in this thread, unfortunately, I now have the actual reason to be disappointed. 

Yes they are different but imperial clothes are not as shiny/reflective as the 2015 line up, even the armada flag has no gold trims. What I mean is that the other figures had more details in the clothes than these ones. 

Maybe not exactly "2015 line up had more details" but "had more quality put into their printing", even tho your statement is totally correct when it comes to the flag — we've discussed the latter earlier & I just don't understand why in the world TLG decided to drop such a gorgeous design (pretty expensive on the aftermarket also) in favour of 1989 copypasta with minor corrections, while not even bothering to provide us a 2x2 version of the new flag. This just screams "carelessness".

Back to the figs: 2023 Imperial Soldiers have a buckle on their belts just like the OG Bluecoats & OG/2009 Redcoats had — it wasn't there in 2015 wave for some odd reason. 2023 Imperial Soldiers have a more, say, pronounced black'n'yellow/gold (Idk exactly what is the second colour there) edges of their jackets resembling the OG printing more as opposite to the 2015 iteration, where the golden linings were just playing a role of button holes or whatever (even tho I personally like this approach better, but that's completely up to the taste). 2023 Imperial Soldiers have some sort of an aiguillette or whatever that is hanging from under the belts — nothing like that in 2015 prints (albeit I'm not even sure if it's needed there at all). So TECHNICALLY 2023 design is more detailed than 2015 minus shakos (which must have been printed in a $215 set, FFS) — it's just the atrocious quality of printing, the execution that makes the former feel a whole lot worse in comparison to the latter. I gotta honestly say, btw, that when I firstly saw the pics of the 2023 torso prints — my initial thought was literally "are these, like, pre-production designs?". So maybe there's something about these prints that my eyes can't quite see which makes 'em worse for real than their 2015 counterparts.

That governors office had me in tears, I thought I could fix the door but that doorway is 3 studs wide only haha

Bruh, the °45 angle was a complete necessity, right, TLG? :pir-hmpf: I wanna tell you this tho: look at the design of PoTC 4194 Whitecap Bay's gates & think about the ways to brick build a tiny copy of that with some changes in order to fit this goddamn doorway. I'm not claiming it's a 100% working idea, but something about the design of those brick built gates makes me think a similarly executed structures can fix the issues with the entrances to the fortress itself (those lattices provided with the set AIN'T NO GATES, I tell ya) & the office. I'm sure there's a solution without the need to rebuild the whole doorway, just gotta dive deeper into our options.

3 hours ago, eldiano said:

BTW Roebuck mentioned that lego has locked the admiral torso/admiral hat and admiral flag as an IP so we won’t be able to buy them directly from PaB ever or for a long while. 

This is what draws the line for me in 10320 minifigs discussion. The last hope for the aftermarket was the PaB option, which could've allowed the new designs to have a greater market supply. If at least new soldier parts ain't gonna be put on PaB in future (which sadly is about to be the case, I'm afraid)— then, just like we've mentioned earlier in this thread, down the road we'll end up having three different expensive Bluecoat designs (as well as 3 various expensive flag designs on top of that). Needless to say all of the aforementioned mess could've been easily avoided if the officials in TLG actually cared.

2 hours ago, Khargeust said:

I'm 100% with you on this one, sir, that's a completely reasonable demand :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Arjo said:

I might reconsider getting the set altogether if I have no hope of adding to the troops at a more reasonable price point

The set is £189 in your country, am I correct? Now imagine being asked to pay twice as much for it, like I'm assuming I'd have to pay in my region — and on top of it there are no PaB/BaM options available whatsoever :pir-grin: Turns out as quite the opposite of the special moment I imagined 10320 release to be.

1 hour ago, GeoBrick said:

I planned to use the current Eldorado torso's as officers...

Given the fact Lt. de Martinet had the same torso print as the soldiers he was in charge of — I really think that's a great idea, especially considering the aiguillette type of thingy present on a new print, which gives us a new detail for distinguishing in addition to the epaulettes.