Sign in to follow this  

Hello Everyone, 

I hope this is the right place to show my 12studs wide GT500 MOC. I've made it a while ago.

This is not an often used scale but it's very good to build detailed models and they do not need so much space on the shelf. :)
The parts count is 910 pieces and it has openable doors and hood.

This is a very well known car from the movie "gone in 60 seconds" and called "Eleanor".  The base of this movie car was the 1967 Shelby GT500 but they have modified the classic design a bit for the movie.

I started to work on this MOC close to a year ago but left it for long time because of some other projects. Originally i didn't want to build the Eleanor version just a normal GT500 but when i saw the curved slopes (80178 and 80177) for the first time that was clear to me they were invented to be the front bumpers of an Eleanor MOC. :)
The most challenging area was the front end of the car.  This is the 10th version and now it is rigid enough with the look i wanted to achieve. 

I have used the blueprints of a standard GT500 to get the basic dimension and ratio. 

So maybe in the future i will build more models in this scale. Hope you like it. 

52758189694_a5bbfc17f6_z.jpgLego Mustang GT500 E by Szunyogh Balázs, on Flickr

52758348535_f7856e10a1_z.jpgLego Mustang GT500 E by Szunyogh Balázs, on Flickr

52758189554_9081ded537_z.jpgLego Mustang GT500 E by Szunyogh Balázs, on Flickr

52758424113_7eae9640e4_z.jpgLego Mustang GT500 E by Szunyogh Balázs, on Flickr

52757940966_66b74ae52b_z.jpgLego Mustang GT500 E by Szunyogh Balázs, on Flickr

52757940921_68712c88bb_z.jpgLego Mustang GT500 E by Szunyogh Balázs, on Flickr

Edited by gnat_bricks

3 minutes ago, gnat_bricks said:

I hope this is the right place to show my 12studs wide GT500 MOC

Yes, for Scale Modelling models, minimum scale requirement is 1:20.
Your GT is, therefore, fine!

What I would ask you to do, is to make a bit more text/description about the model, so we can frontpage it :sweet:

54 minutes ago, Milan said:

Yes, for Scale Modelling models, minimum scale requirement is 1:20.
Your GT is, therefore, fine!

What I would ask you to do, is to make a bit more text/description about the model, so we can frontpage it :sweet:

Hello , 
Thank you so much. I'm adding some extra words now. :)

Excellent build.

Why front lights are not made with transparent tiles?

Superb model.

Those rims with those 37mm tires make the difference, this is how small technic cars should be to have that "sport" look.

I hope you will make more cars in this scale!

5 hours ago, Robi-wan said:

Looks super slick. Well done!!!

Thank you so much :)

1 hour ago, Jurss said:

Excellent build.

Why front lights are not made with transparent tiles?

Thank you :) At first i have used transparent tiles but somehow they didn't look good so i replaced them to these ones. 

13 minutes ago, mpj said:

Superb model.

Those rims with those 37mm tires make the difference, this is how small technic cars should be to have that "sport" look.

I hope you will make more cars in this scale!

Thank you. The Tire and Rim combination is not my idea i've got the tip from an other designer. And i agree that it looks really awesome. :)
I'm sure i will make more cars in this scale. ;)

Great job with this build, and I love the wheel and tire selection.

The rear overhang looks a little long to my eye, but the rear fenders and rear deck look perfect, so it might be worth it.

Well done.

What a cool build, looking forward to seeing more from you in this scale. 

(Mopar..............) Lol. 

15 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Great job with this build, and I love the wheel and tire selection.

The rear overhang looks a little long to my eye, but the rear fenders and rear deck look perfect, so it might be worth it.

Well done.

Thank you. Your eyes are right. There was a small necessary modification at rear end. On the real mustang the shape over the rear mudguard is close to a straigth line. But it was looking stupid with Lego bricks in real life. So i've redesigned it with slopes and it was looking better this way. So this is why it's not looking accurate from every viewpoint but moch more better on the real life build.

14 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Looks awesome, nice and clean design, and one of my favorite cars :)

Thank you, I'm glad you like it. :)

13 hours ago, 2ndgen said:

What a cool build, looking forward to seeing more from you in this scale. 

(Mopar..............) Lol. 

Thank you, :) yeah i have a "to do" list with close to 10 cars now containing my absolute favorite the Dodge Challenger 70's also. Maybe this will be the next one just have to find time :)  

Edited by gnat_bricks

On 6/10/2023 at 2:03 AM, gnat_bricks said:

Thank you, :) yeah i have a "to do" list with close to 10 cars now containing my absolute favorite the Dodge Challenger 70's also. Maybe this will be the next one just have to find time :)  

Yes time, someone should really do something about making that stopable, or even just a bit extendable, Lol 

A Cuda, is one of mine, the Challenger is right up there with it though, so I'll be keeping an eye out for that one lol. 

That looks so cool! Such an underused scale, I think it is because Lego doesn't really do anything at that scale right now. If I remember right though, there may have been some cars released around 2010 at 12 studs wide? Can't remember.

13 hours ago, 2ndgen said:

Yes time, someone should really do something about making that stopable, or even just a bit extendable, Lol 

A Cuda, is one of mine, the Challenger is right up there with it though, so I'll be keeping an eye out for that one lol. 

Once i've built a challenger in speed champions size and parallel I've made the CUDA too. :) So i'm sure If i build the challenger in 12 studs size i will build the Cuda also... :)

4 hours ago, Crazy bricks said:

That looks so cool! Such an underused scale, I think it is because Lego doesn't really do anything at that scale right now. If I remember right though, there may have been some cars released around 2010 at 12 studs wide? Can't remember.

Thank you. I also don't know if LEGO ever made cars in this scale. But maybe they will scale up the speed champions series in the future if they want to make more money... :) I think it's possible.