Sign in to follow this  
Quotenotto

[WIP] Bluecoat sloop WIP

Hello,

I'd like to show you my latest WIP. As a vessel for my bluecoat faction and being of comparable size (two masts, single deck) I consider it to be an hommage to the Caribbean Clipper. It is a snow (because of the third mast directly behind the main mast for the spanker) and in military classification it would be considered as a sloop. The hull is custom build and I tried to incorporate al the typical curvatures in all three dimensions of a ship.
As usual, i haven't found the time yet to create custom sails (definitely not a task I am comfortable with): I am also not sure, if the spars are wide enough for the square sails, also I am considering to add studding sails to the main- and the topsail. The interior, accesable through a hatch to lift up the rear part of the continous single deck, is still WIP as well. For armorment I'm considering carronades, I already tried to come up with a small fitting build.
I used the HMS Onterio as a historical reference.

52958288058_7af015a243_z.jpgIMG_1702

52957829861_07b0f79bc3_z.jpgIMG_1705

52957234027_eefefa8e6e_z.jpgIMG_1706

52957978644_87bbfb0569_z.jpgIMG_1707

52957978549_5a8e62cc95_z.jpgIMG_1708

52958215445_2d152e6fe2_z.jpgIMG_1709

Really nice.

You made what i wanted for my clarisse( which is unfortunatly really far from this result).

I love your sloop.

This is awesome! Nice historical reference of HMS Ontario - I love the hull solutions, the stern tapering works very well. She looks very accurate and I also really like the beakhead.

Great MOC, I can't wait to see it progress.

4 hours ago, Supersick_ said:

This is awesome! Nice historical reference of HMS Ontario - I love the hull solutions, the stern tapering works very well. She looks very accurate and I also really like the beakhead.

Great MOC, I can't wait to see it progress.

Agreed - the stern tapering is amazing.