Sign in to follow this  
Trudop561

What Mars Mission sets would you see in 2009?

Hi everyone,

I made this thread because I want to know what kind of sets would you like to see for the mars mission line in 2009.

Personally, I would see an alien base. It would come with a lot of crystals (at least 15), aliens (at least 7), some small ships(2-3), laboratory for humans, 1 or 2 commanders and one alien emperor.

I want to see all of the improvements made in the 08 wave taken a step further, with smaller sets as well as more heavy-duty drilling machinery and a REAL human base. :D

Also, alien ground vehicles.

What Mars Mission sets would you see in 2009?

Whichever ones TLC decides to put out, if any... :wink:

Mars Mission is causing me a problem - its really making me doubt Star Wars as my fav theme

MM is so awesome I really hope there is an '09 range

We need a human base for sure and an alien base

I really want them to put as much thought into the aliens that they do the humans - the '08 aliens were so much better....but still pretty crap

I'd like to see another style of alien - maybe the jellies are worker drones and we could get some warriors

...and give me a tank!

Although I would rather see new space sub-theme introduced.

But in Mars Mission I would like to see some different color(or torso pattern) astronaut minifigs, with the classic air tanks. And an improved selection of aliens, maybe even a true alien minifig.

I also agree we need a better human base, something solid with enclosed air-tight areas, with a return of the classic crater plates. And an alien base.

Also a medium/large size shuttle or space cruiser to replace the MX-71 Recon Dropship, that can seat at least 2 or more minifigs inside, but still be smaller(and cheaper) than the MX-81 Hypersonic Spacecraft.

And having some main colors other than white, orange and trans-orange in the human sets would be a very welcome change. As well as having printed control elements(tiles, slopes etc).

Make it so TLC :wink:

Less orange would be nice. :tongue:

On a more serious note, I would love to see them expand the theme to other planets and bring back some classic space colour schemes :thumbup:

What I'd like is the LOM Martians to team up with the humans! That would be cool, and have a lot of possibilities! :laugh:

Also I'd like more good looking aliens and less of the boring badly made jellies. :tongue:

:skull:

Edited by Shoc

Good ideas all around.. esp the use of different colors; I'm not a fan of orange, and it limits what can be made cuz, let's face it, orange just doesn't go well with too many other colours. I appreciate that TLG has tried to make the aliens look alien, rather than making more minifig aliens like in the UFO sets( although, those figs are still some of my all time favorites), but their execution, most agree, was pretty terrible. An alien from Aliens would be cool, but a little tough to fit into ships. Even the new commander alien leaves somewhat to be desired, but at least all 4 appendages move and he can be posed. I liked the 2008 sets much better than the 07, and I hope the trend continues. Bases would be cool, if the same attention was put into both..I think the aliens should have a way of experimenting on the mini-figs and hooking them up to their machines..make the playing field even, so to speak. It is funny, however, that the sets make the "human" figs look like sadists, and the aliens are just protecting what's rightfully theirs. Nice twist to the generally universal egocentric view that humans are always the good guys or victims, always right and rightfully deserving of everything...kinda like America! :tongue:

I'd love to see TLG take a page from Hasbro's book, i.e. bring back the old sets, but in a much updated and improved way, keeping the features that made the oldies so cool, and adding some that weren't possible 20 years ago, except shooters...shooters we can live without.

It is funny, however, that the sets make the "human" figs look like sadists, and the aliens are just protecting what's rightfully theirs.

I thought that at first, but... the aliens in Mars Mission are not actually from Mars, as was said in a Lego Club Magazine, they are invaders too. Presumably the humans have permission from the benevolent Martians previously in LOM to mine the crystals. If they don't then they are just as bad as the other aliens. :thumbup::alien:

I would like to see some form of actual alien base. If not, some sort of movable compound, megaship. Not just an open platform like the old mothership, I mean like, a real, mothership. :classic:

Other than that I am quite happy with what we've got, treads, a nifty robot, labs all around. The alien side is just lacking.

I would like to see some form of actual alien base. If not, some sort of movable compound, megaship. Not just an open platform like the old mothership, I mean like, a real, mothership. :classic:

Other than that I am quite happy with what we've got, treads, a nifty robot, labs all around. The alien side is just lacking.

Yes because there are just ships. No land vehicle. I would see the aliens expand to land next year.

eh.... don't you guys know they're dropping the line? that's what i heard anyway...

eh.... don't you guys know they're dropping the line? that's what i heard anyway...

You have a link for this news?

I wouldn't be at all suprised if Mars Mission were dropped next year. I just hope LEGO replaces it with a new space theme thats not quite so full of gimickry, and with alot less orange. Its high time Lego Space went back to the basics, but in a more up-to-date sort of way, at least in my opinion.

Or is it that Billund can no longer justify a "spacey" line apart from Star Wars, simply because Mars Mission hasn't performed well enough at market? If that basically were the case, then I think LEGO should go about it differently, and try something new by trying something old. :wink:

Edited by Spacefan

Space Police 3 anyone?

I'd like that, do you mean included into Mars Mission?

Where'd you hear that?