Too bad they didn't use the new Reddish Orange for it. But I guess regular Orange is more desired by MOCers anyway.

12 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Too bad they didn't use the new Reddish Orange for it. But I guess regular Orange is more desired by MOCers anyway.

Such a swap can expand the part selection for more common colors, and make rare pieces more available. I prefer this approach rather then introducing a handful of pieces in a brand new color. There are quite a few panels in this set that were not available in orange previously, also the 16L soft axle, and a some rare parts like the axle/pin or pin/pin connector.

8 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Such a swap can expand the part selection for more common colors, and make rare pieces more available.

For sure. But they could have made a slightly different car model instead of just a lazy color swap. Hope this trend will not be used for expensive 1:8 models too. As a Technic collector completionist I don't want to buy two of everything. Or at least have the color options available from the release date and not month apart like they do now.

Posted (edited)

I actually really like this new trend of releasing models in a second color. True, that releasing the second color later can make buying decisions harder, but this is a really good way of filling gaps in the color palette, and making newer pieces available in more colors, without them needing to design a new model. I think they should keep it up if that means getting pieces in more colors!

And I really like they picked (regular) orange for this one :)

Edited by gyenesvi

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gyenesvi said:

I actually really like this new trend of releasing models in a second color. True, that releasing the second color later can make buying decisions harder, but this is a really good way of filling gaps in the color palette, and making newer pieces available in more colors, without them needing to design a new model. I think they should keep it up if that means getting pieces in more colors!

And I really like they picked (regular) orange for this one :)

As I said, it would be fine if the two options would be presented from the beginning. But for instance with the Bugatti Bolide I was pretty pissed off that the much nicer looking blue color version was released after I already bought the yellow one and the blue one was semi-exlusive only (LEGO & Smyths Toys), meaning it was more expensive to purchase than the retail yellow, which I bought at 40% off. Not to mention that blue Fiat 500 that was the start of this experiment.

So in a way we have to pay a "surcharge" for the non-standard color, similar to what automakers / car dealers ask.

Edited by R0Sch

19 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

First photo of 42196. Since it's practically the same set, I don't see any point in making a new thread.

But its orange, completely different to the original!!

It looks kinda nice, thanks for sharing the photo

15 hours ago, R0Sch said:

As I said, it would be fine if the two options would be presented from the beginning.

I agree with you, and it is surely a marketing strategy to sell both colors, instead of chosing only one. 

The second color version was actually a limited edition for the blue fiat 500, and now it's really hard to find, but I think the blue bugatti is not a limoted edition and it's s actually sold at the same price as the yellow one.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mpj said:

but I think the blue bugatti is not a limoted edition and it's s actually sold at the same price as the yellow one.

Yes, the RRP is the same, but not being regular retail as the yellow one means no heavy discounts. Same thing they did with the pink parrot. And for this Lambo, I would have also preferred to buy only the orange one because the Shelby Mustang was also lime.

We have official high res photos now:
https://lego.bricksmegastore.com/products/lego-technic-lamborghini-huracan-tecnica-orange
For a second there I
thought the logo was printed in the front, but it's still a tiny sticker. They photoshoped the edges away on the box art. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by R0Sch
added link

For me the more important aspect of the second color edition is that the parts will exist in the given color, and will be available probably on PaB and Bricklink as well over time.

For anyone wondering which part is new and rare in orange

Follow parts are new in normal orange.

2x 32002 soft axle 16L

3x 30374 bar 4L

2x 80324 flag

8x 71708 2x3 quarter beam

3x 80286 2x5 quarter beam

2x 2459 arched mudguard small

1x 2403 panel 3x3 #10

8x 2387 panel 2x2 #7

8x 2389 panel 2x2 #8

1x 2395 panel 3x3 #9

2x 2457 panel 2x3 120' angled

1x 80278 panel 5x4

1x 80274 panel 5x4

4x 44874 pinhole with 2 1L pin

And this follow parts is rare in normal orange

12x 42003 Axle and Pin Connector Perpendicular 3L - 10 in 3 set, last relese is 2021

2x 32449 liftarm 4L thin - 4 in 2 set, last relese is 2003

8x 22961 pinhole with 1L axle - 8 in 2 set, last release is 2022

5x 65487 pinhole with 1L pin - 6 in 3 set, last release is 2024

On 3/2/2024 at 11:51 AM, msk6003 said:

For anyone wondering which part is new and rare in orange

That's a pretty good list, I have been missing some of these, like the 2x3 quarter beam and the small panels.

Looks so much worse than the lime version, but at least we get a lot useful recolors.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

That's a pretty good list, I have been missing some of these, like the 2x3 quarter beam and the small panels.

For me, I need orange 2x2 #7 and #8 panel or yellow small mudguard for my moc.

Edited by msk6003

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, msk6003 said:

For me, I need orange 2x2 #7 and #8 panel or yellow small mudguard for my moc.

Pun an orange sticker over a black one just like LEGO did in this set. At that size it will be hardly noticeable.

Edited by R0Sch

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

This set doesnt have the 1M panel extension (toilet paper roll panel) does it?

No it does not have it in lime (would have been nice to have it recolored to orange). Though that piece exists in medium nougat, which is like a slightly darker orange..