Just build this model (christmas gift from lovely GF) and I gotta say the first 2 building steps were really great. The structure is rock-solid and spring travel is good, too.

I know that Lego technic loves IPs nowadays, but here the IP is completely wasted. The thing that bugs me most is the panel work in Step 3 and 4, which goes from page 88 to 193. With a generic car, this could reduced in half, making the model also a little lighter. Adding to this, without stickers, the car already looks generic :D

I counted the first steps for the chassis, which needed 424 pieces. With such a good base, anything could be made on top of it that thing. Maybe I rebuild it.

The included pieces are great and I love the new wheels, which give so much possibilities for construction machinery :pir-love:

It drives okay-ish, although the physical control and heavy latency doesn't give me the feeling of driving a cool RC and fast Dakar Rally Car, but rather a slow pickup truck of some sort. I never missed the physical control so much than in this model. Lego needs this "universal controller" soo much here.

IMHO it has lots of usable parts (excluding PU components in my case); tires are great for front end loaders, hubs are very strong (but have ball joint :hmpf_bad:) and new short CV joints are blessing (if only I had at least one), new Daytona diffs...

Edited by 1gor
Lazy to use Samsung Pen instead of my fatty fingers, so I keep making typeerrors

2 hours ago, Jundis said:

It drives okay-ish, although the physical control and heavy latency doesn't give me the feeling of driving a cool RC and fast Dakar Rally Car, but rather a slow pickup truck of some sort. I never missed the physical control so much than in this model. Lego needs this "universal controller" soo much here.

Yeah, with the touchscreen control, I kept bumping it into walls all the time.. And it's so stupid that it does not immediately stop when I release the throttle, it keeps coasting on for a while, really irritating..

2 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Yeah, with the touchscreen control, I kept bumping it into walls all the time.. And it's so stupid that it does not immediately stop when I release the throttle, it keeps coasting on for a while, really irritating..

Ditch C+, go PF :pir_tong2:

3 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Ditch C+, go PF :pir_tong2:

Or if you could find someone who needs C+ motors and (smart)hub, but doesn't need the rest (Audi) and use PF elements from own inventory

9 hours ago, Jundis said:

I counted the first steps for the chassis, which needed 424 pieces. With such a good base, anything could be made on top of it that thing. Maybe I rebuild it.

I've done exactly this.

It's relatively agile model and could be fun to play with, but lack of physical controller is real pain. I'm planning to buy some cheap BT controller and try it with brick controller2, hopefully it will solve this.

On 12/25/2023 at 12:02 PM, gyenesvi said:

That's why there's a separate brake button to stop it immediately 

10 hours ago, stagecoachfan said:

That's why there's a separate brake button to stop it immediately 

Which of course you can't tap easily when you are not looking at the screen, but at your car that you are driving. By the time you look at the screen and find the brake button you already hit the wall...

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I made a couple of alterations/improvments that i would like to share.

The Stud.io files are in my Bricksafe

- original Buwizz modification

- two buwizz3 and 4 L-motors (Cada in my case)

- two buwizz3, 4 L-motors and a wider body to have a lower center of gravity and less friction in the drive train. (WIP)

I also cleaned up some of the body work to accomodate bigger wheels.

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg

Edited by CharlesD