Sign in to follow this  
ZCerberus

[Freebuild] Mystic Isles Crimson Falcon Keep

Now clear of all who could see him from the spy-laden town, Trian pushed his horse Charon hard to make for the Mystic Isles.  If his ally's information was correct, he may have a lead on the source of the spreading Crimson curse.

If only I had been more vigilant.  If only I had stayed in Avalonia Trian thought to himself.

Trian thought back to his meeting outside the goblet- intercepted by his friend, Brannan the mage.

"I see time has not been kind to you old friend," Brannan chirped, "But perhaps you are here to settle an old score or two, or recapture you're youth recanting your daring deeds to your knights and fair maidens alike?"  

Trian retorted with a wry smile, "Are the knights of our lord no longer welcome here?"  

Brannan cackled as he reached up to Charon's reigns and clutched it with four fingers drawn wide.  "I simply did not expect to see you here.  Well, unless you seek special counsel from the mage from the Isles." 

Trian nodded in understanding and replied, "Perhaps I did, any counsel from old friends or those not left for dead is worthy of giving counsel, trust or drinks!"

The mage shook his head.  "The Goblet is no place for old friends to catch up anymore.  Only unproven, unworthy men without honor are hunched over tables listening to false tales and spreading their own, watching the maidens serve."

Trian smirked at his friend and replied coyly, "I have neither will nor coin to go to the Goblet.  Tonight we ought to stay at your manor, safe from drunkards, false friends and old rivals."

Brennan nodded and pulled his hands back from the reigns.  "You have mistaken my warning of the crowd at the Goblet fro that of hospitality.  There is no room even for the Lords men at Brannan manor now.  I do hope you may call again another time when my table is available and my beds are empty"

Trian grumbled in an annoyed tone- "Well if you are not having company, and the Goblet is no longer welcoming to weary soldiers like myself, I have wasted my time stopping in.  I shall seek new lodgings in Drayton Plains, but do not think I won't remember this insult."

The mage matched Trian's false annoyed tone with one of his own, "I did not wish to insult you Sir, but there is simply no place for you here."

The gold knight snapped the reigns of Charon as he began a slow trot to the east west gate, towards Drayton Plains.  As the horse moved away Trian blurted, "I will expect your hospitality upon my return."

The Mystic Isles! Trian thought It's a long journey to reach even the first of them- how could the scourge have spread all the way here already!  If they are in the plains, they are EVERYWHERE.

Meanwhile- in the Mystic Isles, Lady Corlane welcomes more knights to her sanctuary- the Crimson Falcon Keep.  Another loyal sword joins the Order of the Crimson Falcon.  Their numbers swell- though there purpose remains hidden.

52892500239_ddc60170db_c.jpg

The Order of the Crimson Falcon grows stronger by the day.

52892787938_2d7065acbc_c.jpg

This is such a great castle, looks impregnable and practical!  The trio of towers is great as are the tudor sections and the stringy vines along the rockwork.

Thanks Kai.  Hope no one is TOO sick of the flood of MOCs I put up recently!

3 hours ago, ZCerberus said:

Thanks Kai.  Hope no one is TOO sick of the flood of MOCs I put up recently!

Not at all, keep them coming!

Wonderful moc all around! There are so many details i like, like the angled walls of the tower, the rockwork, the fishing boat, the crane, the knight presenting his sword, the touches of color. This is one of the builds i wish i could see in real life. Must be truly impressive!

Keep the flood coming! :grin:

Stunning castle here, with the beautiful rocky island setting especially grabbing my eye. Love the sheer cliff face style with vines and few small trees. And the naturally incorporated path up to the fortress, and even small beach for them to harbor at. The castle itself has a great balance of texture and detail, and plenty to admire on all sides :wub:

Very nice keep, especially the angeled section!
But it is the rock below it and the vegetation on it that really stands out for me :thumbup:

Great to have you back in GoH too!

Great to see you back again, and with some incredible MOCs!  You really build at a tremendous scale and have some very nice details.  I particularly like the color choice with the olive and dark red, and the nice shading under the water for depth.  The foliage looks really good in the trees, vines, and various plants, and I love the little yellow splash of color on the small outcropping the corner of the build in the water.  I had to go to your flickr to get zoomed in enough to see the detail, but it was worth it.  There are tons of details in here, from the falcon and crow on top of the flagpoles, to the happy fisherman in the boat and the knight kneeling to pledge service to his liege.  The small shrine in the rocks near the landing area, and the low stone wall built along the lower rock/shoreline are very nice touches.  The winch is excellent (and also answers questions of how they get large items up the hill), and you have a lot of nice techniques showcased in the build, such as the irregular roof tiling.  And we get a very intriguing storyline to see where it goes!  Keep them coming!

Glorious keep!  I love that you went all in on building some expansive water around the island.  All that blue provides an awesome "frame" for the MOC and shows off some great lower layer gradient work underneath.  The rockwork with the olive plants is just perfection as the path wraps up the island perimeter and of course the keep itself is so impressive perched on top of the build! :wub:

This is just a very beautiful castle! The stone parts and the tudor parts are both very impressive. I also like how many plants you put around the rooks - the whole thing looks so organic. Keep up the cool work! Brick on!

Spectacular job!  I love all the detail you've included, from the landscaping to the rockwork and of course the building itself! It's made even more impressive at this size!