MKJoshA

May the 4th Contest - 2023

For minifigure habitat, is there an upper limit? Like, say I had a situation where the build was filled with minifigures, like 12+ (This is not necessarily what I'm doing, as the fig counts for the two habitats I have planned are 6 and 3, but I want to make sure). If it makes sense in the context of the habitat, would it be allowed?

Also for the habitat, is the focus meant to be more on the build, the figures, or split more evenly between the two?

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

For minifigure habitat, is there an upper limit? Like, say I had a situation where the build was filled with minifigures, like 12+ (This is not necessarily what I'm doing, as the fig counts for the two habitats I have planned are 6 and 3, but I want to make sure). If it makes sense in the context of the habitat, would it be allowed?

Also for the habitat, is the focus meant to be more on the build, the figures, or split more evenly between the two?

The height limit is 16 studs. There's no cap on the number of minifgures. Entries will be judged as a whole, so both figs and habitat will be part of what gives the score.

For the 3 minifigure habitat, can one of the 3 characters be a small brick-built droid? Or would we need 3 minifigures and a droid to be a valid entry?

13 hours ago, jp-30 said:

For the 3 minifigure habitat, can one of the 3 characters be a small brick-built droid? Or would we need 3 minifigures and a droid to be a valid entry?

2 figs and a droid would count.

My entry for the Imperial Ship category.

On 5/11/2023 at 12:33 AM, MKJoshA said:

2 figs and a droid would count.

Thank you! 

Hello everybody,

here are my entries for the contest:

It was an interesting challenge and made me think out of the box. I am usually more of a technic/cars guy...

So thank you for this contest and please let me know, if there are any problems with my entries.

Hello everyone!

this is my first post on the forum, I'm sorry to introduce myself just for my entry for the contest, but it's thanks to the contest that I met this forum, so here I am!

Edited by dmonti79

12 hours ago, dmonti79 said:

Hello everyone!

this is my first post on the forum, I'm sorry to introduce myself just for my entry for the contest, but it's thanks to the contest that I met this forum, so here I am!

Don't apologize, we're thrilled to have more people join and contests are a great reason. I actually joined EB originally to enter a SW contest myself.

3 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Don't apologize, we're thrilled to have more people join and contests are a great reason. I actually joined EB originally to enter a SW contest myself.

:thumbup: thanks!

Rogue Clone
After a group of clones malfunctioned and did not obey in order 66, decide to move to Kessel and start cloning ... carrots !!!

hello there.

A question regarding the 'minifigure habitat'-category: Can the habitat itself (being smaller than 16x16x16) be part of a larger model? For example the engine bay of a larger ship or a single room in a building.

cheers

Phil

Edited by Phil_DeLaGhetto

1 hour ago, Phil_DeLaGhetto said:

hello there.

A question regarding the 'minifigure habitat'-category: Can the habitat itself (being smaller than 16x16x16) be part of a larger model? For example the engine bay of a larger ship or a single room in a building.

cheers

Phil

Yes, that's fine. The entry for that category will only be judged on the section that's within the 16x16x16 limits. But if you want to make it part of a larger whole for another MOC that's fine.

Hello there

just an of information: after we have published our entry for the contest, can we advertise it, for example on Instagram? If yes, with some particular hashtag (obviously tagging the eurobricks account)?

Thanks

29 minutes ago, dmonti79 said:

Hello there

just an of information: after we have published our entry for the contest, can we advertise it, for example on Instagram? If yes, with some particular hashtag (obviously tagging the eurobricks account)?

Thanks

Absolutely! The idea is to make sure you aren't re-using an old MOC. Once you've built it please share it anywhere and everywhere!

Been hard at work on the mocs, one last question regarding minifigure habitat:

can I include a fourth figure for scene setting? I.e a generic imperial officer? 
or is it a hard cap at three custom characters?

to clarify, the fourth figure wouldn’t be for entry as a figure, it’d just be scene context?

2 hours ago, Thedbbuildworks said:

Been hard at work on the mocs, one last question regarding minifigure habitat:

can I include a fourth figure for scene setting? I.e a generic imperial officer? 
or is it a hard cap at three custom characters?

to clarify, the fourth figure wouldn’t be for entry as a figure, it’d just be scene context?

Well the rules for the habitat say "three or more" so having a fourth would be totally fine :wink:

3 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Well the rules for the habitat say "three or more" so having a fourth would be totally fine :wink:

My bad, I’ve got so caught up in the mocs that I assumed it just said three, many thanks! Should be posting in a day or two!

6 hours ago, Thedbbuildworks said:

My bad, I’ve got so caught up in the mocs that I assumed it just said three, many thanks! Should be posting in a day or two!

All good. I'm glad you asked the question as someone else may have been wondering it too.