14 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Looks very good so far!

I am impressed you already designed a suitable trailer :D

Also I cannot believe the green 20t gear could lift cab on the front hitch. For my 8R, I am currently using 2 small LAs, but the gear would solve this issue way better!

Thank you :grin:

I've just weighed the cabin as it is (still unfinished) and it weighs roughly 300 grams. I guess it will be strong enough unless you'd want to lift some heavy things. If you don't mind its price of course :sceptic:

By the way, the front and rear hydraulics have enough power to be able to lift the whole tractor (at the moment about 2 kg) off the ground!

Some significant progress on the bodywork has been made, everything tried physically before creating digital model in Stud.io

First I started at the front:

Tractor-concept-front2

Then I got an idea to move the distance sensor a bit up and connect it to the grille.

After tests, I'm happy to see that there's nothing in the way and the tractor is able to stop autonomously before an obstacle, however everything at least a bit taller than the tractor itself is not detected due to angled placement of the sensor, so it's able to drive under those.

Tractor-concept-front4

Tractor-concept-back1

And some more photos of the current state:

Tractor-concept-front5

Tractor-concept-back2

Unfortunately, some shapes had to be simplified (which doesn't mean its structure was easy to design :laugh_hard:)

I hope I'll be able to make some further improvements.

Now I'm going to order a lot of missing expensive green parts... *huh*

Looks great. I'm not into tractors in general (despite having built small tractor last year), but that front with incorporated sensor has that sci-fi dystopian vibe - love it :)

It’s starting to look great, nice progress. Hope you can buy parts for it, I was recently amazed how rare and crazy expensive some things can get..

Coming along nicely!

3 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

It’s starting to look great, nice progress. Hope you can buy parts for it, I was recently amazed how rare and crazy expensive some things can get..

Especially the green colour! Hopefully the upcoming John Deere Skidder will lower the prices of standard liftarms...

@SaperPL and @LEGO Train 12 Volts thank you!

@gyenesvi, I've just placed all necessary Bricklink orders and I was quite surprised how expensive are tiles 1x6 or bricks 1x4 with studs in green. In order to minimize costs I've reduced the amount of such pieces as much as possible in the digital model before placing any order :tongue: 

@Jundis Yup, some other liftarms have been already reintroduced, however the rarity of 1x11 long ones is just riddiculous. This is the reason why I used those here in DBG instead...

All the orders have arrived so I could continue with the digital build.

The sides and the top of the bodywork are more or less finished, the rear three-point hitch was reinforced and pneumatic outputs moved to a more convenient location.

john-deere-sesam-2-8.jpg?_gl=1*jwzvyf*_g

Tractor-concept-top1

Now I'm going to place a few more orders to finish the bodywork and then I'll look at all those wires inside.

Total parts count is currently ~ 2750

Edited by MP LEGO Technic creations

Although I'm still waiting for parts, I've made some improvements of the front axle.

My intention was to solve an issue with Mindstorms App, where steering using motor's relative position (angle from a steering slider) didn't work very well.

I suppose that could be my fault because in C+ sets L motor is able to steer quickly, whereas in my Mindstorms program it took a while and it even started to move to wanted position after the slider was released.

In order to solve this problem, I've decided to get rid of return-to-center steering and mounted a small LA instead. As a bonus I got about two times bigger steering angle, protection of the motor by the LA's inner clutch and bigger force to turn the wheels as well.

On the left side is the new axle, on the right the old one:

JD-steeringNew

I love that strategy for combining the small LA with that bevel gear frame! It's something that looks super helpful, and makes me wonder how I've never seen it or thought of it before!

1 hour ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I love that strategy for combining the small LA with that bevel gear frame! It's something that looks super helpful, and makes me wonder how I've never seen it or thought of it before!

Because this part is not available in Dark Bluish Gray so it doesn't fit colors of your cool MOCs :grin:

13 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

It seems to me that the LA cannot properly follow the longitudinal movement of the steering 'rack' (it moves closer to the differential when steered), so the LA will have to bend a bit to accommodate that movement.. Also, the mounting of the LA seems somewhat weak to me, there does not seem to be much of a place to fix it to, at least I don't see it (maybe it's a bit wobbly for that and that allows it to follow the longitudinal movement?). @MP LEGO Technic creations, I guess you built this already IRL? Cannot the LA push things apart before reaching its end point? (it has 1 more stud of travel outwards).

@gyenesvi Yup, I've built it IRL and spotted no problems at all. Right now it's already mounted on the tractor and it drives just fine.

However, I'm really curious whether the axle's design could be improved so here you can download its Stud.io file (please ignore submodels, those are from the previous version but I was lazy enough to not to release them):

https://bricksafe.com/files/MP_LEGO_Technic_Creations/JD-frontAxle.io

I'd really like to know your opinion about this!

Kind regards