Sign in to follow this  
jorgeopesi

[WIP] Ginaf HD5395 (Render added 29 12 2023)

It is been a while without building, so good for me whatever it ends... It will be a 10x6 truck with 3 steered axles, the last one is the rare one, I do not know if it will be motorized or not, pneumatic or not, I do not know much so I just keep building. I discarted using bigger wheels because it would be too large but who knows...

70iJgm8.jpg

JAmMQI4.jpg

DVTw7ML.jpg

Edited by jorgeopesi

Really glad you started again, Jorge! :-)

One suggestion is the following: Go for a width of 15 instead of 13 studs: The double tires really need to be secured or they pop out of the diffs too easily. For example with this connector piece:

Unbenannt.png

If you're mounting the differential between flipflop beams rather than in 5x7 frames, you can use 5.5L axles which don't need separate fixing. However I think those are not quite long enough for doubles.

Edited by pleegwat

3 hours ago, Jundis said:

Really glad you started again, Jorge! :-)

One suggestion is the following: Go for a width of 15 instead of 13 studs: The double tires really need to be secured or they pop out of the diffs too easily. For example with this connector piece:

Unbenannt.png

1 hour ago, pleegwat said:

If you're mounting the differential between flipflop beams rather than in 5x7 frames, you can use 5.5L axles which don't need separate fixing. However I think those are not quite long enough for doubles.

Thank you for comment, I can answer both with the same, none of my MOCs have axles that can be removed from the diffs, in fact I hate every set or MOC that use this configuration, if I can not do it I discarted starting the MOC. My problem now is how to do the steering mechanism for the rear axle leaving room enough for the tilting mechanism too...

ibFsmFw.jpg

JVp9W5Z.jpg

4JOKXxd.jpg

I was wondering when you will start to make Ginaf...and how you will make rear steering axle.

looking forward buddy :sweet:

Thank you, I am still working on it, these medium MOCs are great because there are not many ways to achieve the perfect solution and look for it is the funniest part.

8 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Great job so far @jorgeopesi and I look forward to see how this progresses. 

Thank you I hope to can build something as good as your MOCs, medium size with functions and playable. The steering is going well this is the first approach so I can be happy because it is sure that it still can be improved a lot.

10x6 truck steering 

I am with the engine I wanted something low and strong I used a lot of pieces but I gaines one extra stud more for a decent cabin.

lLTbDyy.jpg

t453M5Y.jpg

More work done, I have to say that this MOC looks not so good in pics than from my view... I will have to put the steering mechanism between the cabin and bed somehow using 2 horizontal big gears at the sides, the bed works pretty well with the red lever and I want to use, if I have room enough, a small linear actuator to raise the cabin.

lYCJxnO.jpg

LkA071d.jpg

RtWWXbI.jpg

Edited by jorgeopesi

Looks very clean!

The steering mechanism with the big gears is very unique, never saw this one anywhere else.

I'm curious how the cab turns out. The upper part sadly looks a little to "bland" for my taste. In a bigger scale, fender parts would mimic the front way better, e.g. this part upside down:

46882pb01.png

Looks very promising. How is the bed raising working with a full load?

20 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

I will have to put the steering mechanism between the cabin and bed somehow using 2 horizontal big gears at the sides

27 minutes ago, Jundis said:

The steering mechanism with the big gears is very unique, never saw this one anywhere else.

Probably there is a reason for it. I would make an opening in that surface over the cab to put the hog knob through. Steering from multiple places that are not in line with centre gets tricky and especially something with more than 4 wheels will be weird to move around and steer at the same time.

29 minutes ago, Jundis said:

I'm curious how the cab turns out. The upper part sadly looks a little to "bland" for my taste. In a bigger scale, fender parts would mimic the front way better, e.g. this part upside down:

I agree, it's the style of the cab that doesn't match the full curved panel construction of the rest of the model here.

I would recommend making the front window frame with axle connectors and/or linkages and using curved panels in some way on the corners of the roof. I did it some time ago at similar scale for my RC truck here: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/187274-mini-rc-euro-semi-truck-with-free-instructions/

The problem I see is that you kind of made the cabin smaller scale than the rest of the truck and it's sitting a bit higher which looks like it's actually bigger than usual truck - was it on purpose that it's supposed to be some king of heavy duty off-road truck or is it just initial concept here? Because with current position you will not have enough place for roof built with panels, but if you'd move the cab a bit down, you'd have the room for it.

56 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Looks very clean!

46882pb01.png

The cabin and the steeting mechanism are first aproachs, I already did something better. The cabin will turn out but I do not know yet how to do It, in the pics the cabin is manual 😃.

20 minutes ago, SaperPL said:

Looks very promising. How is the bed raising working with a full load?

Probably there is a reason for it. I would make an opening in that surface over the cab to put the hog knob through. Steering from multiple places that are not in line with centre gets tricky and especially something with more than 4 wheels will be weird to move around and steer at the same time.

I agree, it's the style of the cab that doesn't match the full curved panel construction of the rest of the model here.

I would recommend making the front window frame with axle connectors and/or linkages and using curved panels in some way on the corners of the roof. I did it some time ago at similar scale for my RC truck here: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/187274-mini-rc-euro-semi-truck-with-free-instructions/

The problem I see is that you kind of made the cabin smaller scale than the rest of the truck and it's sitting a bit higher which looks like it's actually bigger than usual truck - was it on purpose that it's supposed to be some king of heavy duty off-road truck or is it just initial concept here? Because with current position you will not have enough place for roof built with panels, but if you'd move the cab a bit down, you'd have the room for it.

The bed works well but I have to test it with load, I had a lot problems to put the big linear actuator, It is a small truck with a drive and steer axle in the end and less than 15 studs wide.

The real truck is rare and the cabin does not fit in it so I will try yo do something similar 😃 .

Thank you for comments.

I found some time to continue this truck, I just have to do the frontal part and a couple of details, do you think it would be good to do instructions or not?. Thank you for all comments and merry christmas too.

9jZChaT.jpg

j2BhKJo.jpg

dUcqb3e.jpg

Pf5ckku.jpg

ywkr8m0.jpg

nbNlbqv.jpg

I just have to do the bed and a little video with the functions, I surprised to know that I was be able to finish two MOCs in a year, omedeto for me :laugh: .

EdPfqHh.png

Hey Jorge, really nice and clean built you have made :-)

The 12L wide front of the cabin on the 13L wide chassis makes looks really good! Did you tinker around with some panel to make the cabin and the grill a little more interesting? ;-)

This is the only thing for me: The front looks too bland :-/

8 hours ago, Jundis said:

Hey Jorge, really nice and clean built you have made :-)

The 12L wide front of the cabin on the 13L wide chassis makes looks really good! Did you tinker around with some panel to make the cabin and the grill a little more interesting? ;-)

This is the only thing for me: The front looks too bland :-/

I did some attemps but I amo not very good at these things... the good thing is that everything is modular so if someone wants to do changes it is so easy, anyway I will try again and we will see...

More work done with the instructions.

Ni9NqXD.png