Sign in to follow this  
T-86(swe)

Wheelwright’s guild house [Avalonia]

Wheelwright's guild

A vignette of the wheelwright’s guild house in my city Dandelume. I will post som history and further builds in the upcoming weeks since I have finished them in the order I wanted to for my story!

Feedback always wanted. 

Great little house, the wheels lying around really help sell it as a wheelwright's!  I also really like the vines on the walls.

I like the wheelwright’s guild house! As mentioned the vines look nice. Great technique with the whips :thumbup:I also like the colors of the house and roof in general. The roof really pops. The chimney looks very bigh though. Maybe it's the perspective.

Thanks! I agree that the chimney might be too large, but like you mentioned the perspective “enlarges” it somewhat!

I really like this build.  The roof is fantastic, you have some nice progressive overhangs on the Tudor sides as the levels go up, and you break up some of the texture on the walls.  The wooden gutter on the roof is subtle but looks good, and the window on the top floor is recessed perfectly.  The cellar door is very nice, at a good angle and fitted perfectly.  As others have noted, the whip vines are superb, and I enjoy the tiling on the stairs.  I had a question about the barrel. I can't figure out what the handle is on top. Is it a butter churn or something?  As for suggestions, I noticed a few subtle things that stuck out to me after several viewings.  The 1x1 clip that holds the Avalonian colors in sand green gives the sand green flag an asymmetric look.  I would suggest gold, brown, or black as a more neutral color.  The other thing that I noticed was that the front door to the shop is flush with the exterior, which seemed a little unusual. I wonder if recessing it a bit might help smooth it out.  My last thought, and this might be tricky, would be to see about closing the gap on the stone chimney with the roof.  It seems to hang a bit right now.  Overall, a very nice build with some really awesome features.  Nice work!

1 hour ago, Grover said:

I really like this build.  The roof is fantastic, you have some nice progressive overhangs on the Tudor sides as the levels go up, and you break up some of the texture on the walls.  The wooden gutter on the roof is subtle but looks good, and the window on the top floor is recessed perfectly.  The cellar door is very nice, at a good angle and fitted perfectly.  As others have noted, the whip vines are superb, and I enjoy the tiling on the stairs.  I had a question about the barrel. I can't figure out what the handle is on top. Is it a butter churn or something?  As for suggestions, I noticed a few subtle things that stuck out to me after several viewings.  The 1x1 clip that holds the Avalonian colors in sand green gives the sand green flag an asymmetric look.  I would suggest gold, brown, or black as a more neutral color.  The other thing that I noticed was that the front door to the shop is flush with the exterior, which seemed a little unusual. I wonder if recessing it a bit might help smooth it out.  My last thought, and this might be tricky, would be to see about closing the gap on the stone chimney with the roof.  It seems to hang a bit right now.  Overall, a very nice build with some really awesome features.  Nice work!

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you liked the build, but also for your reasonable ideas of improvements.

On the ‘T-piece-butter churn thingy’: I simply just added something that might appear like a tool for a wheelwright haha (as you have noticed my knowledge in the area is rather poor).

I totally agree with your ideas to improve the build and I will for sure take such suggestions with me in future builds! 

That's a very nice build man :-). I just read grovers advice and think this is a very good feedback. I really like the colour combinations you used in this build. It would be fun to see it extended with buildings on the left and right.

11 minutes ago, Simon_S said:

That's a very nice build man :-). I just read grovers advice and think this is a very good feedback. I really like the colour combinations you used in this build. It would be fun to see it extended with buildings on the left and right.

Thanks Simon! Yeah I agree. Unfortunately I always tear my builds immediately after taking decent pics because I need every brick Ive got in my builds 😃

On 2/27/2023 at 12:36 PM, T-86(swe) said:

On the ‘T-piece-butter churn thingy’: I simply just added something that might appear like a tool for a wheelwright haha (as you have noticed my knowledge in the area is rather poor).

Ah, ok, I can see it being a chain anchor or something. I thought maybe it was a specific tool I was unfamiliar with!