Clone OPatra

Eurobricks' Licensed Cozy Corners Contest - Rules & Discussion

We're back with another 12x12 vignette contest!

EB_header.thumb.png.1f7335407251b86709bc1703f36ef09e.png

Licensed Cozy Corners Contest
February 1 - March 4 2023

Build a 12x12 vignette depicting a character's personal room/space/home. Think Tony Stark's workshop, Indiana Jones' office, a Disney Princess suite, or something entirely from your imagination that would suit a character's place where they go to relax.

Thanks to LEGO, one first place winner will get a 120EUR set of their choice, and one runner up will get a 60EUR set of their choice.

Contest Entry Rules

• One entry per Eurobricks member
  • You can join Eurobricks to enter the contest (but we'd like you to stick around!)
  • The contest will run from February 1st 2022 to March 4th 2023. As long as it isn't past 11:59pm on March 4th on Midway Island, you can still enter.
  • To enter, post just one picture of your MOC in the Cozy Corners Contest entry topic.
  • Your MOC must fit within a 12x12 frame but does not have to be on an actual base. No height limit.
  • Your MOC must relate to any Licensed property LEGO has done past or present, excluding Star Wars, and fit the brief of a character's personal place. You don't have to use LEGO's parts/Minifigures from your chosen License, but the property should be clear. (I.e. you can make your own Indiana Jones Minifigure from other LEGO parts, but it should be identifiable as Indy)
  • All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to being entered in the contest. You may be asked by a staff member to change your entry if it is too similar to an earlier creation.
  • All entries must be built from real LEGO. No clone brands, no third-party custom parts. Physical builds only for this contest.
  • Your photo can be an Instagram post that you post to the entry topic. (You must tag us @eurobricks_official)

Choosing Winners

• After entries close, a voting topic of all eligible entries will be opened for five days.
  • Every Eurobricks member will get one vote to award to their favourite entry
  • You must have joined Eurobricks by February 10th to be eligible to vote

Winners & Prizes

• The entry with the most points will be the First Place winner. They can choose one set with an equivalent value up to 120 Euro as their prize
  • The entry with the second most points will be the Runner Up. They can choose one set with an equivalent value up to 60 Euro as their prize

Fine Print

• By entering, you consent to Eurobricks reposting your entry on Eurobricks' social media channels, crediting you.
  • Prize values are determined in accordance with German Shop at Home and prizes are subject to availability on the Shop at Home in the winners' local countries. Some back and forth with Eurobricks staff might be required to select an available prize.
  • Prizes could take 8-10 weeks to arrive but we will keep you updated as much as we are able.

This is the topic for discussion of the contest. Let us know in the comments if you have any questions. Post your entry in the Entry Topic

The Entry Topic is now open, so I will be pinning this topic for the duration of the contest. Let us know any questions in the comments here.

Looking forward to seeing what people make!

27 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

Question, could I upload a YouTube video, I don’t have the space to post pictures on eurobricks

I think you can also upload pictures to YouTube under the community section. Or you could just get a free Flickr or Instagram account. 

Question: can I base my build on a license that LEGO hasn’t made anything for? The minifigure would be a recreation of a character made out of existing printed minifig parts, so no custom prints or clone brands. In case it makes a difference, I wasn’t thinking of adult/inappropriate material. I’d like to build something completely different than the ten thousandth rebel bunker, Imperial base, Venator hallway or Batcave vignette :)

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Nevermind, suddenly spotted the segment in the rules addressing this! Too bad. Would love to see it in a later contest though!

Edited by Mr_Fikou

9 hours ago, Mr_Fikou said:

I’d like to build something completely different than the ten thousandth rebel bunker, Imperial base, Venator hallway or Batcave vignette :)

First of all Star Wars is excluded from this contest anyway, and secondly LEGO has done a LOT of licenses so if you think "LEGO licensed = Star Wars & Batman" then that's more on you than it is on LEGO. In our last contest we had someone build a Spice Girls vignette for example, because yes that's a license LEGO has done!

The rules also stipulate that what is built for this contest can be made up, as long as you make it look tied to a character from a license LEGO has done. That really leaves it quite wide open.

14 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

In our last contest we had someone build a Spice Girls vignette for example, because yes that's a license LEGO has done!

Ohh, so there don’t need to be existing minifigures? That does open up for some new possibilities.

so if you think "LEGO licensed = Star Wars & Batman" then that's more on you than it is on LEGO.

This was more a stereotype than anything, I know there’s plenty of funky one-off licenses lying around (especially in the LEGO Dimensions sets). However because some of these barely existed at all (like the aforementioned Spice Girls) I felt it not totally unreasonable to add licenses that haven’t been made yet. Still, rules are rules :)

First of all Star Wars is excluded from this contest anyway

Yep, I got that after rereading the rules. Sorry to bother your time with my ignorance :P

And thanks for the detailed reply, by the way! I appreciate it.

14 minutes ago, Mr_Fikou said:

Ohh, so there don’t need to be existing minifigures? That does open up for some new possibilities.

That's correct, and right in the rules too:

"Your MOC must relate to any Licensed property LEGO has done past or present, excluding Star Wars, and fit the brief of a character's personal place. You don't have to use LEGO's parts/Minifigures from your chosen License, but the property should be clear. (I.e. you can make your own Indiana Jones Minifigure from other LEGO parts, but it should be identifiable as Indy)"

If you really want to stretch it and make a cosy corner for a character that LEGO never made but from a license they did make, fine (for example, one of the other A-Team members or whatever Simon Pegg's character is named from Mission Impossible).

49 minutes ago, Chocobrick77 said:

Hi everybody !

Question, is the minifigure collection is considered a liscence made by the Lego group?

Thanks in advance

I'm pretty sure it is, clone o Patra even listed dimensions sets as an example, and even if something like the looney tunes cmf didn't count, we did get the brick heads so "technically" the looney tunes license extended past just the cmf. but if you wanted to do the muppets they also count even though it's just the cmf.

vvv (section i mentioned)

6 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

If you really want to stretch it and make a cosy corner for a character that LEGO never made but from a license they did make, fine (for example, one of the other A-Team members or whatever Simon Pegg's character is named from Mission Impossible).

2 hours ago, Chocobrick77 said:

Ok, 

So if I make for exemple a hot dog minifig corner it's good?

no it needs to be based off of a licensed figure, both of the examples i listed are licensed ips that lego has made minifigure waves off of, so ninjago, city, friends, monkie kid, the numbered cmf series,(20,21,22 etc). would all be themes that wouldnt count since theyre all ips that lego has conceptualized and not based off of anything in media. 

7 hours ago, Chocobrick77 said:

Hi everybody !

Question, is the minifigure collection is considered a liscence made by the Lego group?

Thanks in advance

@living_off_lego has already accurately answered the question, but to answer it myself, Licensed themes are anything LEGO has done based on an external property/IP, not something created internally at LEGO. Numbered Minifigures or even The LEGO Movie does not count since we consider that in-house.

It doesn't matter what thing LEGO has done based on the License: Dimensions, Brickheadz, CMF, single promotional polybag, or obviously full sets. As long as LEGO has made a LEGO something out of the License, it's eligible for this contest.

Also to clarify, while the contest is called "Cozy Corners", entries don't technically need to have walls, as long as they fit the brief of a character's private/happy place.

Oh yeah, thanks for the front page reminder!  Gotta get building! :grin:

5 minutes ago, Danny_Boy4 said:

Question: Can I post a link to an album with more pictures of my moc or can I only post 1 image pre entry?

Please post just one photo. We'll only use the one photo in the voting topic anyway.

Okay I am fine with you only showing one image in the voting, but can I also post a link to an album so people that are interested can see the whole moc because someof the details are hidden by the top part of the moc and are hard to see with just one image. 

5 hours ago, Danny_Boy4 said:

Okay I am fine with you only showing one image in the voting, but can I also post a link to an album so people that are interested can see the whole moc because someof the details are hidden by the top part of the moc and are hard to see with just one image. 

Sure go ahead and post the link. And once the contest is over, feel free to post a whole MOC topic if you'd like to.

Question: How literal does a cozy corner have to be? If, hypothetically, a vignette isn't something we would see as cozy, but is where the character feels at home (think a giant trash can for Oscar the grouch, although this is not what I'm doing.), would that be allowed?

Edited by Mandalorianknight

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Question: How literal does a cozy corner have to be? If, hypothetically, a vignette isn't something we would see as cozy, but is where the character feels at home (think a giant trash can for Oscar the grouch, although this is not what I'm doing.), would that be allowed?

Yep that's fine, just has to be a character's space, doesn't actually have to be "cozy". Cozy Corners is just a nice alliterative name for the contest :laugh:

6 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Question about voting, when the votes open, will I be able to vote for myself?

No. Pick another entry you like or abstain.

@Clone OPatra

Is there any rule about overflow? If in the upper part my Moc is a little bit larger (less than 1 stud in each dimension) is it ok?

Another question is it ok to have overflow at least on the invisible part of the build ? 

Edited by Sympatik Brick

13 hours ago, Sympatik Brick said:

@Clone OPatra

Is there any rule about overflow? If in the upper part my Moc is a little bit larger (less than 1 stud in each dimension) is it ok?

Another question is it ok to have overflow at least on the invisible part of the build ? 

The rules say this:

"Your MOC must fit within a 12x12 frame but does not have to be on an actual base. No height limit."

Fitting within a 12x12 frame is fitting within a 12x12 frame. If you have a part like a vine with a little bit that juts out of that, I'm not going to disqualify you or tell you to change it, but rules are rules.