Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

11 hours ago, Lion King said:

Uh what? He said that? Great no in-house CNY thing then… thanks Disney a lot. 

I think there will still be an in-house CNY set, but smaller.

New "Mini Disney Castle" rumoured for January. Here's a few things I think it could be, ranked most to least likely (and least to most exciting):

• An updated version of the 2021 set without the 50th branding, any changes would probably be minor as the WDW castle is keeping the 50th colour scheme.
  • Sleeping Beauty's castle from Disneyland. This would go with the mini Haunted Mansion we got, as that's the Disneyland version.
  • A non-park castle, like the Beast's from Beauty and the Beast. We could finally get minifig Belle and Beast.

Hoping for the latter, but not getting my hopes up. Can't complain since this theme has been on a roll this year.

3 hours ago, AstroFalcon said:

New "Mini Disney Castle" rumoured for January. Here's a few things I think it could be, ranked most to least likely (and least to most exciting):

• An updated version of the 2021 set without the 50th branding, any changes would probably be minor as the WDW castle is keeping the 50th colour scheme.
  • Sleeping Beauty's castle from Disneyland. This would go with the mini Haunted Mansion we got, as that's the Disneyland version.
  • A non-park castle, like the Beast's from Beauty and the Beast. We could finally get minifig Belle and Beast.

Hoping for the latter, but not getting my hopes up. Can't complain since this theme has been on a roll this year.

Mini? Why not go full-on??? LOL (doubt they will make another big castle because of the current one).

I really think the Sleeping Beauty castle should get its own full-size one!

All the mini buildings from Disney have always come out with only one minifig. Belle or Beast would be too lonely without the other. LOL

1 hour ago, Black Falcon said:

I would guess it will just get updated to the colour sheme of the new big Disney Castle - likely with a new Minifigure

If it were a Cinderella castle (again), I wonder if they would go with a character from Mickey and friends, or an actual Cinderella fairy tale character?

3 hours ago, AstroFalcon said:

I get lost with so many rumours, but wasn't there a rumour of "Elsa Frozen Castle" for January 2024? Maybe that's it! I wish it came with a minifigure of Kristoff, but I guess it would be Elsa.

Mini castle?  Meh for me. But if it’s Beast’s Castle, I’m 100% intereresed because i love Beauty and the Beast

Iit would be interesting to see if the designers reach a next level to create a new mini set - Tree of Life in Disney World. Of course, I doubt it… 

It won’t be but if it did turn out to be Sleeping Beauty’s Castle .. hopefully the minifigure could be blue dress Princess Aurora 🙏🏼😂

55 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

It won’t be but if it did turn out to be Sleeping Beauty’s Castle .. hopefully the minifigure could be blue dress Princess Aurora 🙏🏼😂

Not a bad idea. If they do that, and also make the Prince and the Dragon later on, then Lego is done with Sleeping Beauty. :( We probably won't see an actual minifig scale castle til the current one retires.

8 hours ago, hikouki said:

Not a bad idea. If they do that, and also make the Prince and the Dragon later on, then Lego is done with Sleeping Beauty. :( We probably won't see an actual minifig scale castle til the current one retires.

Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather would be left

3 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

It's bizarre how little attention the actual protagonists of the movie get.

17 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

14 hours ago, Karalora said:

It's bizarre how little attention the actual protagonists of the movie get.

Ah, yes!!! Forgot about them!!! These would require new moulds, right?

3 hours ago, hikouki said:

Ah, yes!!! Forgot about them!!! These would require new moulds, right?

I think the three fairies from Sleeping Beauty would need a new head/hat mould, but the three of them would use that same new mould, so it would we like Huey, Dewey, and Louie. 

43224 is allegedly codenamed “Castle”. Hoping for a minifig set of course, but I think another minidoll set based on Wish is more likely :shrug_oh_well:

if it is wish, i have a bad feeling that last $20 set is one of those story books, which means no more disney100 sets...

if not tho, I cant imagine it being anything other than a beauty and the beast castle, or maybe im thinking too positively :laugh_hard:

The source of the leak, an Italian retailer, calls it “Disney Princess Castle”, so yeah, I think a minifig set can be ruled out :tongue: Those have “classic animation” in their codenames

5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The source of the leak, an Italian retailer, calls it “Disney Princess Castle”, so yeah, I think a minifig set can be ruled out :tongue: Those have “classic animation” in their codenames

The ~600 piece count we’ve seen before would match up with price per piece rate we’ve seen on the minidoll Princess sets as well.

wonder if it’ll also be Wish, or if it could be a complement to the Treehouse - maybe have Ariel, Snow White and Merida as they’re the only 3 who haven’t come in this years updated style

I dug around a bit more and a Swiss retailer has the three sets listed as “Disney Princess Confi 1”, “[…] 2” and “[…] 3”. Of course this doesn’t outright confirm that they’re all based on Wish, but it looks pretty likely :laugh:

well the disney classic sets were nice while they lasted

wonder what the promo will be with no sets releasing in october after all, have they ever done a disney princess promo with minidolls? 

Bah... I felt so confident we would be getting Belle and the Beast after getting the Gaston one... Ah well, maybe they'll do something next year/Disney Series 4 in 2026 or something.

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not entirely true, the live action little mermaid minifig set was listed under Disney Princess. Maybe it could be something not related to Disney 100? I’m just hopeful for more minifig sets lol

13 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

6 hours ago, stroud1492 said:

Not entirely true, the live action little mermaid minifig set was listed under Disney Princess. Maybe it could be something not related to Disney 100? I’m just hopeful for more minifig sets lol

Yes, was about to say that the much-maligned clamshell was listed as "princess" according to one B&N poster here.

13 hours ago, Surge said:

well the disney classic sets were nice while they lasted

wonder what the promo will be with no sets releasing in october after all, have they ever done a disney princess promo with minidolls? 

Haven't they done Friends poly bags before? Or that Friends employee gift? Can't remember. 

But I would not be surprised they do a Princess GWP.

12 hours ago, JohnTPT17 said:

Bah... I felt so confident we would be getting Belle and the Beast after getting the Gaston one... Ah well, maybe they'll do something next year/Disney Series 4 in 2026 or something.

I think it may have been Brick Clicker who leaked some catalog numbers for next year. I think 5 or so are not princess sets.

8 hours ago, hikouki said:

Haven't they done Friends poly bags before? Or that Friends employee gift? Can't remember.

Oh yea theyve done a few friends promos (mostly polybags that are also available for purchase I believe), but I more so mean specifically disney promos with minidolls

Honestly kinda hoping its not a disney100 promo, wouldnt have to get it then :laugh_hard: