Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, Surge said:

i dont think these rumors mean anything prices are completely off from the rumors, though I do really hope that the 100$ set is a lion king one with the same 'figs' 

Can somebody just post the 'rumors'?
I don't think that's against the rules, and as somebody else said, instagram updated to only show a certain amount of top posts per hashtag.

31 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

Can somebody just post the 'rumors'?
I don't think that's against the rules, and as somebody else said, instagram updated to only show a certain amount of top posts per hashtag.

The "rumors" are that 43223 is a Beauty and the Beast ballroom diorama with Belle and Beast for $65 and 43224 is Pride Rock with 2 lions, 2 lion cubs, Pumbaa, Timon as a dreamzzz new body mold and regular minifig head and Rafiki for $200. As other have pointed out though, it shouldn't be taken as anything more than a wishlist by a fan.

1 hour ago, DisneyLego said:

So the GWP looks like it’s an actual working light projector???? Or is it just 2 light bricks?

I think it's probably some kind of a projector. The box art shows the Steamboat Willey scene on the big "screen," but other photos show it blank. So, I think it makes sense if there was a transparent tile in front of the light brick that would "project" onto the screen.

18 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

No, it’s a bunch of baloney

i.e. Eurobricks' favorite meal 

I intend to. (I will then have to decide what to do with the old one.)

Edited by Karalora

I got my old one sold two weeks ago, just before the official reveal. I'll use those funds to get it, but not Day 1 - I'll wait for either a discount (Zavvi discounted the old one a handful of times, so it's not impossible), or for a GWP I'd really want. I know most people are waiting for the Majisto one, but I'm waiting for the Galileo one to pop up.

1 hour ago, Karalora said:

I intend to. (I will then have to decide what to do with the old one.)

I have to rearrange some other sets but I’ll likely display both side by side. As a Disney fan in general I like how It shows the timeline of the actual castle’s look.

now we just need the 25th anniversary birthday cake castle 😂

I am seriously thinking of buying it.

I have the old one but have not gotten to assembling it. I was going to hold off on the new one, but I am seeing that it does look like quite a substantial improvement.

The more I see the new Castle the more I like it but really don't want to spend $400 on it since I already have the first one.  The exterior on the new one is much nicer looking than the original.  I'm not sold on the newer interior as the floor of the first level on the original was nicely done with tiles instead of plain studded plates that are used in the new version.

1 hour ago, karrit said:

The more I see the new Castle the more I like it but really don't want to spend $400 on it since I already have the first one.  The exterior on the new one is much nicer looking than the original.  I'm not sold on the newer interior as the floor of the first level on the original was nicely done with tiles instead of plain studded plates that are used in the new version.

There's really something about the new interiors that make it look somewhat incomplete.

It is also interesting that on the Disney shop pages, they have non-Lego merchandise of both the Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty castles. Lego should really seriously think about making the latter!!!

24 minutes ago, karrit said:

Ideas Sanderson Sisters Cottage qualifies for the 100th GWP in the US.

So does the Winnie the Pooh set, though it's on backorder. It also added the GWP to my cart with Indiana Jones sets, but does not work with Marvel or Star Wars.

1 hour ago, JohnTPT17 said:

So does the Winnie the Pooh set, though it's on backorder. It also added the GWP to my cart with Indiana Jones sets, but does not work with Marvel or Star Wars.

I already have all the Indy sets.  The only other ones currently on my wishlist that I was willing to spend full price on were the Up House & maybe the Celebration Train but those two don't reach the minimum purchase threshold so I figured I'd just get the Sanderson Sisters Cottage now.  Not a fan of the movie but I really like the looks of the build.

I'm out.  I only need the new ninjago city piece and pac man. I don't want the new castle. I have the old one.  We go to Disney 3-4 times a year.  I personally don't even like how the castle looks right now so that makes it a no go for us.  Reminds me too much of the birthday cake disaster.  I don't want hocus pocus either. I got to draw the line somewhere. So I guess I'm out of this GWP.  I did want it but I'm not buying to buy. I still have to order the 3rd coin operated ride though but figured I would do that once I get the 4th code in July.

From the US web site, I pre-ordered the Peter Pan set and bought the Animations Icons frame last night and got the GWP.

I wasn't sure about getting the Sanderson's set so I just left it in my cart and thought I would sleep on that decision.

Sanderson's is now on backorder and there is no GWP with it in my cart! It looks like Lego closed pre-orders for the Peter Pan set as well.

I am thinking that the castle would not sell as well at Lego because of all the fans who already have the previous one. Perhaps it might be more successful at the Disney stores though.

Edited by hikouki

I can say having queued up at my Lego store this morning, of the 20 of us in line, only 2 were looking to get the castle. All 20 were getting the Hocus Pocus set so it does look like the more preferable set is the Sanderson House

Has anybody been able to get the promo to add in the US recently? It’s still advertising the promo on the website but has not added to my cart so I guess it’s sold out.

Grabbed the Hocus Pocus set and preordered the Peter Pan set…got my shipping notification this morning.

I was going to get the castle right away but probably makes more sense to wait and grab it when another GWP pops up that I like

Edited by DisneyLego