Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, JeanGreyForever said:

You also have to keep in mind that it has to be large enough to fit an interior with all the rooms from the movie. The kitchen with window access and a large sink, a place for all the musical instruments like Grumpy's piano, a dining table, and a staircase leading to the upper floor with seven little beds. I also hope they didn't forget to include the wash basin the dwarfs use to bathe, which I believe was included in the Ideas set. I'd rather see that over the wishing well since the wishing well should be its own set.

That's the thing! It's so weird Lego went with the full house instead of a smaller version with fewer rooms.

Not that I'm complaining, I think it's very cool, but it's also something they'd never done before. Hope it's a taste of things to come.

Just now, PGBQW said:

That's the thing! It's so weird Lego went with the full house instead of a smaller version with fewer rooms.

Not that I'm complaining, I think it's very cool, but it's also something they'd never done before. Hope it's a taste of things to come.

I think if it was just a regular set, it probably wouldn't be so big. However, because this set has to feature at least 8 minifigures (Snow White and each of the seven dwarfs), that means they have to justify making a bigger set. Also because this set is likely being released for Disney's 100 years anniversary so it makes sense to go big. I don't think we'll see Belle's cottage or Aurora/Briar Rose's cottage in this scale since they're less iconic.

2 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I think if it was just a regular set, it probably wouldn't be so big. However, because this set has to feature at least 8 minifigures (Snow White and each of the seven dwarfs), that means they have to justify making a bigger set. Also because this set is likely being released for Disney's 100 years anniversary so it makes sense to go big. I don't think we'll see Belle's cottage or Aurora/Briar Rose's cottage in this scale since they're less iconic.

Good point, actually, that would explain some of the choices

On 1/29/2023 at 10:27 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What are you talking about? 

What's the point of discussing fake LEGO rumours on a set discussion forum :tongue:

mhmm

11 minutes ago, Nerdynews said:

mhmm

Can you just find something else to do. Your entire post history is you picking at people. Whose alt account is this?

On topic: if these sets are real, hopefully this means Disney lego is branching out beyond the Friends-style sets and we'll start seeing some minifigs. I'd still love to see a pride rock set.

59 minutes ago, Nerdynews said:

mhmm

Bruh, just get a life. Go touch some grass. Idk.

No one cares. You're the only one who's trying to pick a fight for no reason at all.

Most of us here assumed those leaks were fake. We were proven wrong. Life goes on.

Ok enough with the squabbling. It's derailing a thread that should be focussed on the cool LEGO. No more, move on now.

1 hour ago, bricksandabear said:

On topic: if these sets are real, hopefully this means Disney lego is branching out beyond the Friends-style sets and we'll start seeing some minifigs. I'd still love to see a pride rock set.

I hope it's not just an anniversary thing tho. 

Imagine if we got all those amazing sets, and then they just went back to minidolls only :tongue:

I’m still confused on why our first Lego lion king… ANYTHING, is a brick built simba statue, like, no duplo “simba, Timon and pumbas hakuta matata fun” or anything like that? Nothing from the lion guard (super underrated btw)

edit: next year (2024) is the 30th anniversary of the lion king, so I guess it makes sense

Edited by Lemerbrix

10 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Granted, but those are not 20€ sets. They are huge and would require months of designing to get to this stage. 

They very likely took months of designing; however, that doesn't mean that they are anywhere near finalized, or that they will be released. A lot of D2Cs have been simply designers' side projects (stuff like the Bugle or even the first UCS Millennium), so having sets of these caliber existing as preliminary ideas isn't surprising. Many may fall into that same category.

Absolutely in love with Simba. Only minor nitpick is his whiskers should be black. Can't wait to find out more info about him.

As much as these are "leaks", there are still possibilities that these do not end up in production, no? After all, the survey is technically "market research"?

Although I have to concur that the Snow White cottage and Maleficent Dragon vignette do have great chances of getting release in some form, due to the leaked CMF lineup. (And goodness forbid they end up being minidoll themed ones, with the minifigs in the photos as mere placeholders!) I really want these two sets but I don't want to end up being disappointed with their non-release later on.

4 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

I’m still confused on why our first Lego lion king… ANYTHING, is a brick built simba statue, like, no duplo “simba, Timon and pumbas hakuta matata fun” or anything like that? Nothing from the lion guard (super underrated btw)

edit: next year (2024) is the 30th anniversary of the lion king, so I guess it makes sense

ive said it before and ill say it again

would kill for a d2c pride rock

I can't say I am personally interested in any of those new Disney sets, but I couldn't help but notice that the Snow White Cottage was straight up stolen from that LEGO Ideas project that was rejected twice a few years ago. Isn't it a bit sketchy how they rejected that particular set two times, yet now they suddenly changed their mind and produce it on their own, completely ignoring the creator of the original project? 

If I were in the place of the creator of that original LEGO Ideas submission, I'd feel very unfairly betrayed. 

20 minutes ago, Lego David said:

I couldn't help but notice that the Snow White Cottage was straight up stolen from that LEGO Ideas project

Of course it looks similar, it‘s based on the same source material :tongue: The optics aren‘t great though, that‘s true. Maybe the set was already in early development when the project hit 10k and they rejected it for that reason :shrug_oh_well:

Eh, I disagree. 

Except for the fact that both sets represent the same thing, they look nothing alike.

The overall shape is completely different. The building techniques don't match up in any places. There were no side builds in the Ideas set. And so on.

The ideas one has more depth and is a fully enclosed building. The leaked one appears to be more of a facade (could be wrong), not to mention the height is relatively the same across the entire building, opposed to both versions of the ideas version where there is a more noticable difference.

The Ideas cottage was, I have to admit,  more pleasing on the eye ( to me anyway ) the newer leaked cottage seems too high, they got rid of the far right window and I’m not overly keen on the dark colour of the roof, it’s meant to be a thatched cottage, the first ideas roof was medium nougat, the second was dark yellow, the leaked one comes across more wood like to me. I do like the newer trees, but miss the foliage of the original that was around the doorway.

I know it’s a preliminary image and many things ( especially the dwarves … please give Dopey his iconic ears Lego !! ) are subject to change. 

@THELEGOBATMAN there was a side build in the very first submission of the wishing well, but it was omitted in the resubmission. I also think someone people confuse this one and the actual wishing well .. the wishing well was at the castle where Snow White was the scullery maid,  I’m thinking this one at the dwarves cottage is literally just where they draw their water from. 

Edited by Jarreth2

24 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

I know it’s a preliminary image and many things ( especially the dwarves … please give Dopey his iconic ears Lego !! ) are subject to change. 

@THELEGOBATMAN there was a side build in the very first submission of the wishing well, but it was omitted in the resubmission. I also think someone people confuse this one and the actual wishing well .. the wishing well was at the castle where Snow White was the scullery maid, I’m thinking this one at the dwarves cottage is literally just where they draw their water from. 

I just hope the actual dwarves will be a bit more colourful, these really don't match, unless they're planning to base them on the live action movie.

For the well, I think it's really just meant to be the wishing well. The build isn't attached to the cottage, and there isn't any other well located near the cottage in the movie. They wash their clothes in a natural spring and then there was the through in which they wash their faces. Then they have a water pomp inside their home for the dishes, but no well.

5 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I just hope the actual dwarves will be a bit more colourful, these really don't match, unless they're planning to base them on the live action movie.

well that cant be cus im pretty sure they are cutting them from that movie

Any murmurings on when we should expect images of the Peter Pan & Carl’s house from Up? Had thought they had March/April releases so a bit surprised we haven’t even seen any leaked images.

2 hours ago, DisneyLego said:

Any murmurings on when we should expect images of the Peter Pan & Carl’s house from Up? Had thought they had March/April releases so a bit surprised we haven’t even seen any leaked images.

They do, but LEGO got so much better at holding the leaks at bay.

They might never leak, most likely we'll just have to wait for LEGO to reveal it themselves.

2 hours ago, DisneyLego said:

Ive been waiting on that peter pan set, very surprised it hasnt been revealed yet as all the other march 1st sets have been, and they are even starting to show april 1st stuff with the star lord helmet. cant wait to show my friend the set shes a big peter pan fan 

13 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They do, but LEGO got so much better at holding the leaks at bay

Well that proved to be not true yesterday