Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Ok the speculative back and forth can stop. And yes, people being extremely rude and vindictive is never proper in any circumstances.

I am the moderator in question and I have been shown the alleged leaked images.

Of course anything can be faked these days, even very convincingly. Taking uncorroborated information from an unknown source with a high amount of skepticism is the right thing to do.

That said, if these are fake, this has to be one of the most high effort trolls for absolutely zero reward that I have ever seen. People gain notoriety and a following through trolling on Instagram. Fake leak trolls on EB usually show their cards pretty clearly and quickly start acting up.

I wouldn't put this past anyone (there are a lot of people with way too much time on their hands), and there are aspects of the circumstances that do sound rather implausible, but again, the evidence has had a lot of work put into it to be shown to no one other than an EB mod and fool no one (if we presume it's fake).

Also to clarify, it's from an alleged market research survey and I wouldn't say it's even being presented as a guarantee that any of these sets will come out. We do know for a fact that TLG develops some stuff that never makes it through to completion or even near completion.

So, do with it what you will. Most people don't believe it, which again is very fair. But the poster of the leaks isn't belabouring the point, and I'd ask others to do the same. Don't believe it and carry on.

@Clone OPatra: Thanks for clarifying!

I still find those rumours extremely hard to believe (including the idea that TLG would ever conduct surveys like that), but if those rumours turn out to be true, I’ll have to eat humble pie and apologise for poking fun at @JeanGreyForever.

My reaction may have been overblown, but can you really blame us with all the fake rumours we have to deal with on a regular basis? :tongue: 

Cool, but none of the sets match any of the set numbers with prices or piece counts we got this year.

You're telling me that somehow retailers and leakers decided to specifically ommit those random four sets? 

Not to mention that looking at other forums, LEGO has reportedly already designed a whole other LotR D2C – why? They haven't even announced the one we're getting in a month. Wouldn't they wait to see how it performs?

It just seems extremely random. Still feeling fully sceptical, although if somehow this is actually true, it'll definitely be very impressive.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, I was just very, very sceptical. But either way, I want to apologise. I already thought it was very weird why you would suddenly start posting fake stuff after all this time. I should have known better. In that case I'm very excited for the disney sets, especially the dragon.

12 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

@Clone OPatraf those rumours turn out to be true, I’ll have to eat humble pie and apologise for poking fun at @JeanGreyForever.

Well other sources are now talking about the Malificent dragon and snow white cottage, so....

I mean I'm never 100% sure till it's on shelves but it's looking like 

Just now, Agent Kallus said:

Well other sources are now talking about the Malificent dragon and snow white cottage, so....

Their source might be this thread though :shrug_oh_well:

Curiouser and curiouser. As someone said above, if you can't speculate on rumors or wishlists, what is this forum for? And there's a relatively fine line between a rumor and a wishlist. Fun to imagine either way.

The thing that surprises me most is that LEGO do online surveys like this. I assumed it was all done in-house, in physical locations, so it's easier to control things leaking.

53 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I wouldn't call a guy who reposts leaks on Instagram a source :tongue:

How utterly embarrasing for most of us would be if the leaks end up being true.

Would be pretty funny, actuallyf. And seems like being us being wrong would actually be the best case scenario for everyone.

We'd better start writting our apologies!

33 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

And seems like being us being wrong would actually be the best case scenario for everyone.

Except for the two Harry Potter sets, those would be pretty pointless :tongue: Some of the others would be incredible, if true!

54 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

According to @Brick Clicker, the $160 castle set may include minidolls. If true, my interest in it will drop to zero :tongue: Just like the Frozen set two years ago

I believe 43225 is listed as a Disney Princess set and not a Disney Animation set. So that might explain the choice of mini dolls. 

Minidolls with the castle would be a little disappointing, but I think I'd still buy it. The design of the Friends/Princess sets have really improved over the last few years, so I think there's a good chance the design will be good enough on its own to justify it. Time will tell.

5 hours ago, strangely said:

Minidolls with the castle would be a little disappointing, but I think I'd still buy it. The design of the Friends/Princess sets have really improved over the last few years, so I think there's a good chance the design will be good enough on its own to justify it. Time will tell.

Minidolls with the castle would be a LOT disappointing, but I think I'd still NOT buy it. LOL

I think the whole point of Lego releasing them in the dolls line is to appeal to the younger crowd and not have to re-make them as minifigs. As much as I have been tempted to buy the Frozen castle, I haven't. It only gives Lego more reason to not give us minifigs.

17 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Minidolls with the castle would be a LOT disappointing, but I think I'd still NOT buy it. LOL

I think the whole point of Lego releasing them in the dolls line is to appeal to the younger crowd and not have to re-make them as minifigs. As much as I have been tempted to buy the Frozen castle, I haven't. It only gives Lego more reason to not give us minifigs.

I've avoided the Ice Castle for the same reason although at least Elsa and Anna are available as minifigures to swap out with the minidolls. Not to mention the Snow Queen minifigure available in CMF Series 16.

Is this $160 castle the most expensive castle that's been made for the Disney Princess minidoll line? Unless it's like the Ice Castle where it's a proper set that just happens to feature minidolls instead of minifigures, I doubt I'll want it. I don't think any of the castles from the movies could be done justice in just $160 anyway.

What is the likelihood that a minidoll set will become the flagship Lego set for Disney? ...replacing the Cinderella castle and the Train and Station?

14 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

According to @Brick Clicker, the $160 castle set may include minidolls. If true, my interest in it will drop to zero :tongue: Just like the Frozen set two years ago

Couldn't agree with you more.  If this is true, it definitely seems like it'll be a smaller version of a castle like The Ice Castle a few years back.  All I want is a D2C Disney Sleeping Beauty's Castle haha.  I'm thinking a $250 set should do the trick, but I'll admittedly pay whatever it cost without hesitation.  I'd be so confused if they don't come out with one after Cinderella's Castle retired last year.

12 minutes ago, Calvinw said:

Couldn't agree with you more.  If this is true, it definitely seems like it'll be a smaller version of a castle like The Ice Castle a few years back.  All I want is a D2C Disney Sleeping Beauty's Castle haha.  I'm thinking a $250 set should do the trick, but I'll admittedly pay whatever it cost without hesitation.  I'd be so confused if they don't come out with one after Cinderella's Castle retired last year.

Exactly what I’m thinking! Really hoping for that castle!!! But please NO mini dolls!!!

5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A picture of the Maleficent dragon diorama has leaked in the usual place *huh*

If this is fake, the creator has mad skills, that’s for sure!

If you believe that's real, then every other leak that's been posted recently here is real too. At least in terms of existence.

I'm still taking it with a healthy grain of salt until one of these shows up in more finalised official images. And there's always the possibility that LEGO is truly market testing them and won't follow through with some.

1 minute ago, Clone OPatra said:

If you believe that's real, then every other leak that's been posted recently here is real too. At least in terms of existence.

I'm still taking it with a healthy grain of salt until one of these shows up in more finalised official images. And there's always the possibility that LEGO is truly market testing them and won't follow through with some.

The X-Mansion still feels wayyy too good to be true. Excited to see the dragon whenever it shows up elsewhere though (not familiar with this usual place).  

That dragon looks so good. And apparently, we will see another one of those pictures later today. If it still turns out to be somehow fake, the creator should definitely use their talents for different things than to waste them on fake leaks xD

May just be a lucky “guess” but @JeanGreyForever description the other day is SPOT ON for that Maleficent set, down to the foliage. 1 down 3 to go?

some of you may need to start drafting those apologies :laugh_hard: