Peppermint_M

LEGO Monkie Kid 2023

it was probably to stop all the angry lgbtq whiners trying to cancel the show for not being inclusive enough

on another wow wow wow the dragon of the east palace is just so amazing built up close and personal

anybody who want lego atlantis to come back this is the closest to it

Just now, thekeeperofthereaper said:

it was probably to stop all the angry lgbtq whiners trying to cancel the show for not being inclusive enough

on another wow wow wow the dragon of the east palace is just so amazing built up close and personal

Wait what? This isn’t Twitter business is it? Don’t use it, that’s just another reason to add to the long list of why if so…

40 minutes ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

What on earth are you talking about? Literally nobody is trying to get Monkie Kid cancelled. I haven't seen any "LGBTQ whiners" and in fact have seen plenty of LGBT fans of the show.

20 hours ago, Lyichir said:

What on earth are you talking about? Literally nobody is trying to get Monkie Kid cancelled. I haven't seen any "LGBTQ whiners" and in fact have seen plenty of LGBT fans of the show.

nobody has tried to yet but believe me with social media it only takes one to start the lynch mob mentality

and im not saying the lgbtq fans would complain but the fake pretenders would who are not in that demographic

im sorry for mentioning this but after trying to be cancelled on facebook by losers trolls

where they even targeted my family i despise the woke mob agenda

anyway has anybody seen american born chinese on disney plus as that show is based on the monkey king legend and it has some very interesting ideas

Let’s change a topic, shall we? 

I do wonder if Monkie Kid will have another wave next year? This theme has been around here for over 3 years now and i realize - will it be discontinued eventually? Or will it have “legacy”sets just like Ninjago does? Ninjago is an evergreen theme but is Monkie Kid gong to be evergreen?

Not sure how much JTTW lore they have to pull from. But hopefully Monkie Kid continues. I do wanna see what happens next after Season 4.

1 hour ago, Takanuinuva said:

Not sure how much JTTW lore they have to pull from. But hopefully Monkie Kid continues. I do wanna see what happens next after Season 4.

Agreed. On the topic of season 4, I watched the finale yesterday, heres some of my thoughts - 

Spoiler

Ok, so im gonna be frank here. Honestly this is my least favourite special by far. It was comprised mainly with fighting, the monkie king memories felt too hollow and the final battle was somewhat anti-climatic. I wish they did more with the reality breaking apart concept. But by far my biggest criticism is how self contained it is. We got no answers, not even much of a hint to who the big bad is, or anything interesting in my opinion. Another major blow is the lack of good/memorable sound tracks. I suppose after season 3s finale they had pretty big shoes to fill, but it just felt hollow and uninteresting really. I would like to know how others felt, its available on YouTube. 

But for the good - I loved macaque in this, hes definitely grown as a character and the voice change is barley noticeable in my opinion, although it is still sad that we lost Billy kametz. The redemption of azure was alright, and he fulfils the identity I personally gave him of a misguided hero, who kinda sacrifices himself? I wish we could see ore of yellow tusk, but he was good in the special. The armour was cool as well. I do hope we see more of the death monks that we saw at the end and start of season 4. 

Edited by a guy from somewhere

1 hour ago, Takanuinuva said:

Yeah, I agree with you on this. I do hope Monkie Kid continues!

4 hours ago, Lion King said:

I do wonder if Monkie Kid will have another wave next year? This theme has been around here for over 3 years now and i realize - will it be discontinued eventually? Or will it have “legacy”sets just like Ninjago does? Ninjago is an evergreen theme but is Monkie Kid gong to be evergreen?

Well, I think the cliffhanger at the end of the s4 special hints to at least one more year

Spoiler

So, at the end of the special, the kings of the underworld meet, and discuss the events of the jade emperors death, and state that if any of them were responsible for freeing azure from the scroll of memory, their punishment will be less severe than the events to come, this is leading me to believe that whoever freed azure will be the main antagonist of the next season. I can say, that unless the show leaves another unresolved plot hole in the next season, then we can expect another season, but I think that monkie kid will probably be out the door by 2025, at the earliest. But, granted, Lego definitely sees long term investment in monkie kid, given the (supposed) high profits from the Chinese market, compared to the North American market, where most lego stores don’t sell the sets here!

On 6/20/2023 at 7:15 PM, a guy from somewhere said:

Agreed. On the topic of season 4, I watched the finale yesterday, heres some of my thoughts - 

Reveal hidden contents

Ok, so im gonna be frank here. Honestly this is my least favourite special by far. It was comprised mainly with fighting, the monkie king memories felt too hollow and the final battle was somewhat anti-climatic. I wish they did more with the reality breaking apart concept. But by far my biggest criticism is how self contained it is. We got no answers, not even much of a hint to who the big bad is, or anything interesting in my opinion. Another major blow is the lack of good/memorable sound tracks. I suppose after season 3s finale they had pretty big shoes to fill, but it just felt hollow and uninteresting really. I would like to know how others felt, its available on YouTube. 

But for the good - I loved macaque in this, hes definitely grown as a character and the voice change is barley noticeable in my opinion, although it is still sad that we lost Billy kametz. The redemption of azure was alright, and he fulfils the identity I personally gave him of a misguided hero, who kinda sacrifices himself? I wish we could see ore of yellow tusk, but he was good in the special. The armour was cool as well. I do hope we see more of the death monks that we saw at the end and start of season 4. 

where did you watch it exactly as i need to watch it too

speaking of the lego sets i now have officially every monkie kid set released so far

i wonder why nobody in the show mentioned the staff by its

real name which is ruyi jingu bang

4 hours ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

where did you watch it exactly as i need to watch it too

speaking of the lego sets i now have officially every monkie kid set released so far

i wonder why nobody in the show mentioned the staff by its

real name which is ruyi jingu bang

All on YouTube 

On 6/20/2023 at 6:09 AM, thekeeperofthereaper said:

anyway has anybody seen american born chinese on disney plus as that show is based on the monkey king legend and it has some very interesting ideas

I loved the show. After hoping for a second season my next thought was maybe LEGO will give more love to MK if the show takes off & there shows to be more interest in the story. I want the sets to at least show up in LEGO stores, but would love to see them in Target & Barnes & Noble as well. It seems the only way that’s going to happen is if there’s more outside interest. Seeing as the the theme has lasted this long without being canceled means it has to be a decent seller...so one would think LEGO has enough faith I. It by now. 

On 6/20/2023 at 8:38 AM, Lion King said:

I sure hope so. It’s been an amazing theme since the beginning. Three years is usually the norm for action themes such as this...but it hasn’t been treated like the usual action theme, so who knows... 

I’m trying to stay focused on saving for the Hideout, but I keep seeing stuff that I go “ooh, I want that!” I gotta remind myself to keep on target & get the other stuff after. :grin:

lol i have to be careful now because that pathetic coward peppermint m has given me a strike even though i did nothing harmful

he/she has always had something against me from the moment i signed up maybe just jealousy that i can afford all the monkie kid sets

Hmm, considering I only asked you to remain on topic once with one warning, you are being a little childish here aren't you?

I believe I have interacted with you precisely once, unless of course you happed to be a returning offender with a previous ban. 

Considering how you don't comply to the posting standards (the most basic request being proper capitalisation and punctuation), you have taken so poorly to a single warning and now you are posting personal attacks, I believe it would be justifiable to terminate membership. At the very least due to the maturity and age rules of the forum, agreed upon when you joined.

Or, do you think you can be a positive and contributing member and remain?

Normally this would be conducted elsewhere, but I don't believe you would react well to that.

actually what you said to me is insulting and personally damaging to my character as i can take criticism but not from a bully like you peppermint m

that was way more personal and below the belt it shows what kind of person you are

you started this by giving me a strike for no apparent reason just because you are on a power trip and it makes you feel big all the time

...Okay... back on topic, the Season 4 special is now on the HappyKids mobile app! Just watched it yesterday, and was very satisfied with it—I especially liked the characterization of Peng and Yellow-Tusk given that they got relatively little screentime previously.

For anyone watching the episodes this way, be aware that they're currently listed out of order. The correct order is as follows:

1. A Lifetime of Mistakes
  2. The Plan Man
  3. Rip and Tear
  4. Better Than We Found It

Well, I was polite. I honestly have no idea what any of that was in aid of.

All right all, please enjoy the continued discussion on Monkie Kid.

I actually bought some sets this year (instead of raiding the online PaB for parts) as I decided to focus on sets I would have no chance finding in regular retail here in the UK. I was very pleased with the Mei's Dragon Jet, the build was entertaining and the design was very nice. Monkie Kid's Combi Mech was also a delight, I have been looking at parts to maybe replicate/MOD it for a little EXO Force project I have on the back burner.

All in all, I wish TLG would release it through more supermarkets and the like, simply so it gets more exposure here in the UK.

Hi, 

I like monkey kid and I often get the big location sets, and whilst the ocean palace is cool 😎, I don't think it fits in with my collection the way the village, fruit flower mountain or lantern city did 🌆. I still might get it but probably not, given that many themes draw my eye 👀.

-J.T.i.m.G

Edited by Jason Todd is my God

On 7/4/2023 at 11:29 AM, Jason Todd is my God said:

Hi, 

I like monkey kid and I often get the big location sets, and whilst the ocean palace is cool 😎, I don't think it fits in with my collection the way the village, fruit flower mountain or lantern city did 🌆. I still might get it but probably not, given that many themes draw my eye 👀.

-J.T.i.m.G

I really love the palace too, making a little underwater scene with the avatar 2 sets, and I would love for this to be the centerpiece, but the price kills it for me, especially since monkie kid sets are almost impossible to get easily, besides, I gotta save for ninjago city markets!

Ninjago Markets, Rivendell, the rumoured Avengers Tower...

There are some big Sets I want to buy, compared to these the MK Ocean Palace feels like a cheap Set.^^

Still waiting for the next great GWP and/or double VIPs before I snatch it.

2 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I was looking at getting the macaque mech but it says sold out on its page? Does that mean there’s no more stock coming and that’s it? It’s gonna be really hard finding a copy now. 

I hope not, I've been meaning to pick it up but I still haven't. Might need to get it second-hand while it's still affordable.

On 6/25/2023 at 10:23 AM, Peppermint_M said:

Well, I was polite. I honestly have no idea what any of that was in aid of.

All right all, please enjoy the continued discussion on Monkie Kid.

I actually bought some sets this year (instead of raiding the online PaB for parts) as I decided to focus on sets I would have no chance finding in regular retail here in the UK. I was very pleased with the Mei's Dragon Jet, the build was entertaining and the design was very nice. Monkie Kid's Combi Mech was also a delight, I have been looking at parts to maybe replicate/MOD it for a little EXO Force project I have on the back burner.

All in all, I wish TLG would release it through more supermarkets and the like, simply so it gets more exposure here in the UK.

I too have that wish. Can’t even find them in LEGO stores here.