Peppermint_M

LEGO Monkie Kid 2023

8 hours ago, Meadius said:

Seems like the Action theme threads have all been quiet as of late. I'm sure we'll have more to talk about once we get to see the summer sets, so hopefully that happens sooner rather than later.

Especially with a new action theme around the corner, currently not much else to do but wait.

Just hoping some of those giant price increases (Marvel Mechs/Microfighters etc) won't be across the board, especially MK, which does not get discounts unless LEGO does it themselves.

Edited by TeriXeri

After watching season 4 in English I am curious

Spoiler

Why wasn't Lady Bone Demon trapped in the scroll? Is she too strong to be held in the scroll compared to Peng and Yellow Tusk?
Also apparently Azure was trapped in the scroll as well. Did he get out when Monkie Kid opened it and was just biding his time?

I ordered the staff creations today with some vip points, now to play the long game and wait for it to arrive

14 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

I ordered the staff creations today with some vip points, now to play the long game and wait for it to arrive

I ordered that months ago because I was expecting it to retire this year. I should probably build it. Wanna see if it's compatible with 60389

16 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

After watching season 4 in English I am curious

Hide contents

Why wasn't Lady Bone Demon trapped in the scroll? Is she too strong to be held in the scroll compared to Peng and Yellow Tusk?
Also apparently Azure was trapped in the scroll as well. Did he get out when Monkie Kid opened it and was just biding his time?

And why did Tang see her in the scroll? Unless the historical reconstructions within the scroll were all populated by Ink Demons? Maybe she was part of someone else's punishment. I need to watch season 4 again when I'm not sleepy and pay attention 😅

14 minutes ago, Killian said:

I ordered that months ago because I was expecting it to retire this year. I should probably build it. Wanna see if it's compatible with 60389

Mech car, why not 🤣

I ordered it for a building challenge, make a vehicle using something from the 3 main models

1 hour ago, Lemerbrix said:

I ordered it for a building challenge, make a vehicle using something from the 3 main models

Cool!  😎  Post pics!

I was considering getting 2 of the set at one point to improve the "creations"

5 minutes ago, Killian said:

Cool!  😎  Post pics!

I was considering getting 2 of the set at one point to improve the "creations"

I will once the set gets here from lego.com 

4 hours ago, Killian said:

And why did Tang see her in the scroll? Unless the historical reconstructions within the scroll were all populated by Ink Demons? Maybe she was part of someone else's punishment. I need to watch season 4 again when I'm not sleepy and pay attention 😅

Spoiler

They were memories of events. Hence why Azure was both inside and outside the scroll. Tang found memories of Lady Bone Demon and Azure Lion

On 3/8/2023 at 8:50 PM, Meadius said:

Seems like the Action theme threads have all been quiet as of late. I'm sure we'll have more to talk about once we get to see the summer sets, so hopefully that happens sooner rather than later.

Personally I am still hoping to get the Macaque mech and Heavenly Realms from last year, but I don't know how likely that is with the new Ninjago City expansion coming up. I kind of hope none of the summer Monkie Kid sets interest me, but knowing this theme at least one is going to be among the best sets of the whole year.

Man, I get this. I’m holding off on the Hideout & Elephant Mech so I can get the Ninjago Modular day one. 

I like this theme but my closest Lego shop never carries the sets and I have to order them online only. Has anyone else have this issue with their local Lego Store?

30 minutes ago, Dursagon said:

I like this theme but my closest Lego shop never carries the sets and I have to order them online only. Has anyone else have this issue with their local Lego Store?

Yeah unfortunately they weren’t selling well and Lego pulled them from their stores, so now they are only available online and in the big store for your country (think Leicester Square in the UK) as they where an eastern culture thing and most people in the west didn’t have interest. Pretty annoying, but that’s just business. 

9 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Yeah unfortunately they weren’t selling well and Lego pulled them from their stores, so now they are only available online and in the big store for your country (think Leicester Square in the UK) as they where an eastern culture thing and most people in the west didn’t have interest. Pretty annoying, but that’s just business. 

Yeah, it is annoying.

I thought the sets were nice looking and used interesting pieces. I really like the clouds that they introduced as I use them for so many other things.

14 hours ago, Dursagon said:

Lego didn't market Monkie Kid in most areas outside China, so the theme didn't sell well. In my country only the Lego stores in big cities with a Chinatown district stock Monkie Kid anymore

16 hours ago, Dursagon said:

I think it’s online only in America now, I haven’t seen the 2023 sets in person yet

On 4/13/2023 at 6:14 AM, Columbo199X said:

I doubt it selling bad outisde China. Why else would they do multi language dubs for the tv show?

Good point, seasons one and two (and accompanying specials) are on prime in the U.S, and season three, embrace your destiny, and season four are all on the Lego Roku channel, don’t know what the situation is in other countries, but @Killian said that monkie kid is sold in “Chinatown” district Lego stores, I live in a rural area, with the closest Lego store being out of state, and last time I saw monkie kid there was 2021 when I bought the cloud bike, last Time seeing monkie kid in a Lego store, period, was in summer 2022, but didn’t buy anything, last time I bought monkie kid at a Lego store, was New Year’s Day 2022, where I got the city of lanterns

On 4/13/2023 at 12:14 PM, Columbo199X said:

I doubt it selling bad outisde China. Why else would they do multi language dubs for the tv show?

Because of the outcry from other countries that they didn't have it. There's plenty of YT vids with titles like What is Monkie Kid and Why Don't We Have It? that delve into the situation. The only reason Lego even made Monkie Kid sets available outside China was because they knew AFOLS would storm Lego HQ with torches and pitchforks if they didn't.

25 minutes ago, Killian said:

Because of the outcry from other countries that they didn't have it. There's plenty of YT vids with titles like What is Monkie Kid and Why Don't We Have It? that delve into the situation. The only reason Lego even made Monkie Kid sets available outside China was because they knew AFOLS would storm Lego HQ with torches and pitchforks if they didn't.

I know that Lego has ended the “regional exclusives” but monkie kid is sooooooo hard to get outside of Asia, I remember back in 2020, after the theme released, going to target, thinking they would have monkie kid, not aware that it was a limited release, I know Amazon has monkie kid sets, but that’s still way too inconvenient! This is the same problem I’m having with Walmart/target, where some of the bigger ninjago sets aren’t available in retail stores, heck, I only have the ninja dojo temple because of a very convenient customer return at my target, and for the recent core wave, I haven’t seen anything bigger than the mech rider in retail stores, it’s a nightmare, I’ll say

On 4/16/2023 at 5:44 PM, Lemerbrix said:

I know that Lego has ended the “regional exclusives” but monkie kid is sooooooo hard to get outside of Asia, I remember back in 2020, after the theme released, going to target, thinking they would have monkie kid, not aware that it was a limited release, I know Amazon has monkie kid sets, but that’s still way too inconvenient! This is the same problem I’m having with Walmart/target, where some of the bigger ninjago sets aren’t available in retail stores, heck, I only have the ninja dojo temple because of a very convenient customer return at my target, and for the recent core wave, I haven’t seen anything bigger than the mech rider in retail stores, it’s a nightmare, I’ll say

Yeah lego stores had them but now they don't carry them.  You can only get MK sets online now through Lego.com or amazon.  

2 minutes ago, danth said:

What's going on with the Combi Mech set? https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/monkie-kid-s-combi-mech-80040

It's the only new Monkie Kid set that is out of stock from what I can tell. I haven't seen it anywhere else for sale. There's only one on eBay for $50. There are only a handful even available on Bricklink.

Did Lego only make like 100 of copies of that set? 😱

Its a cheap set, great minifigs and build, and its not marketed towards western countries. So yeah, lego probably did only make about 100 and is now realising the this theme has potential in a western market if they can do it right. Im seeing this as a good thing personally, although if your trying to get your hands on a copy, I wish you the best of luck. 

1 minute ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Its a cheap set, great minifigs and build, and its not marketed towards western countries. So yeah, lego probably did only make about 100 and is now realising the this theme has potential in a western market if they can do it right. Im seeing this as a good thing personally, although if your trying to get your hands on a copy, I wish you the best of luck. 

That makes sense. I ordered one from Bricklink, thanks. It's described as temporarily out of stock on Lego so hopefully that means more are coming.

Just now, danth said:

That makes sense. I ordered one from Bricklink, thanks. It's described as temporarily out of stock on Lego so hopefully that means more are coming.

Yes, it will be back in stock. Hopefully that BrickLink price wasn't too high, if it is I'd cancel and wait till it comes back into stock.