Clone OPatra

Jurassic Park/World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

On 3/9/2023 at 1:11 PM, Koolkoalas said:

They teased the para in the visitor centre set

Not sure if they really teased that? Just like there was a (fossilized?) Mosasaurus image on the Gyrosphere in one of those sets a few years ago that we thought it was a “tease”. And then we still never got a Mosasaurus. 

But they’re might be a glimmer of hope that we would get Para, Mosa, Stego, Pachy, Spino, Sino, Allo, and a few new species in the future. All we do is to wa and see.   

I’m just happy that we finally get Brachio this summer so I will call it a day this year. 

Edited by Lion King

8 hours ago, Lion King said:

Not sure if they really teased that? Just like there was a (fossilized?) Mosasaurus image on the Gyrosphere in one of those sets a few years ago that we thought it was a “tease”. And then we still never got a Mosasaurus. 

But they’re might be a glimmer of hope that we would get Para, Mosa, Stego, Pachy, Spino, Sino, Allo, and a few new species in the future. All we do is to wa and see.   

I’m just happy that we finally get Brachio this summer so I will call it a day this year. 

There's also a couple Paras on the box art of all the sets too so that lends more credence to the possibility of us getting one because otherwise it seems like a really strange inclusion.

Edited by ToaDraco

Well after a lot of thought and looking at all the pictures I’m definitely getting the visitor centre and brachiosaurus sets. 

I love the first film too much to not get the iconic visitor centre plus the T Rex is one of the best printed ones they’ve made - I love the eye printing especially. 

And a Lego brachiosaurus is something I just can’t not get, despite the limited movement. It’ll be good to balance out my array of therapod carnivores with another herbivore. 

That being said I’ll definitely wait for a hefty discount, Black Friday or something. I managed to get the Giga set for just under a hundred quid last year and I’m sure the visitor centre will be pulled down to that level eventually

Is it just me who's a little bugged by the berries in the one big pile? The design is cute and all, but Harding specifically makes the point in the film that the Triceratops don't eat them, and Ellie comes up empty-handed when she goes looking.

I might have to place a couple of grey 1×1 round tiles at the base of the pile. ;)

Edited by 0tter

14 minutes ago, 0tter said:

Is it just me who's bugged by the berries in the one big pile? The design is cute and all, but Harding specifically makes the point in the film that the Triceratops don't eat them, and Ellie comes up empty-handed when she goes looking.

If memory serves they did actually eat the berries, but only when they got new gastroliths. They eat them mistaking them for rocks. Just to note, the triceratops replaced a stegosaurus in the book, and the triceratops didn't have gastroliths in reality. The scene kinda got lost in transition.

*oh2*

I didn't remember it was a Stegosaurus in the book! I just remember that the point was resolved. :laugh:

Edited by 0tter

klayton fioriti's video why was the triceratops sick in Jurassic park

Apparently it's explained in a deleted scene they never released

43 minutes ago, BrickG said:

Hmmm I need that leaked Bracheosaurus...

Did the Brachiosaurus leak somewhere? I don't see anything in the usual places. It seems unlikely anyone would have one in hand this soon.

9 hours ago, BrickG said:

Hmmm I need that leaked Bracheosaurus...

what is that suppsoed to mean? The Brachiosaurus Discovery set is on Lego S@H website now. 

The more I look at brachiosaurus pics the more I like it - I know it’s not plausible but I want to pose it with the Giganotosaurus- they’ll be the two biggest dinosaurs of the 2012- line and Giga was potentially a sauropod hunter 

9 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

The more I look at brachiosaurus pics the more I like it - I know it’s not plausible but I want to pose it with the Giganotosaurus- they’ll be the two biggest dinosaurs of the 2012- line and Giga was potentially a sauropod hunter 

I love the Brachiosaurus, I just wish it was a different color. I think the biggest disappointment with the lack of poseable legs is that they also can't be removed so that the body can be reused for other saurapods. Imagine they had used the body with a different leg setup and used the new neck piece straightened out on both ends for a Dreadnoughtus.

I kind of wish it was even bigger. I haven't seen a picture of it besides the other big ones but I think it'll look a bit small besides the other bigs.

59 minutes ago, BrickG said:

I kind of wish it was even bigger. I haven't seen a picture of it besides the other big ones but I think it'll look a bit small besides the other bigs.

The brachiosaurus is about as long and wide as the trex and almost twice as tall. The Giga is longer than both. The quetzal is wider than the brachi is tall. If any of that helps. 

8 hours ago, StegoLover said:

Is it known if somebody already owns the sets and has shown them in a picture or video?

Other than the_aphol and glowingbrickette who took those pictures on jurassic world's instagram I haven't heard of anybody with them early, yet.

On 3/14/2023 at 6:52 PM, BrickG said:

There is a dimensional measurement on Brahciosaurus on Lego S@H. 

Edited by Lion King

That Brachio Head really looks great.

Rest of the dino... meh. Still can`t get over that huge gap you can see from nearly every angle.

On 3/18/2023 at 10:27 AM, StegoLover said:

Alright, seems like someone on Youtube made a full short already with all of the sets, and I have to say that (just like almost every Lego set in general) they look way better in real-life, although, I really wonder how they already got them on display so soon, lol

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/BHHLhAQaf6w

Nice! The sets look great in person, where was this? I'm surprised we haven't seen more clips and photos from this event floating around.

These prices for basic JP cars are really putting me off.

I know there is dinosaur, but I can get cheaper and at at least 3 times bigger from mattel.

All these jurassic sets looks really basic and only set that gets my interest is T. rex breakout from last year.

I only wish there are more brickbuild dinosaurs that these specialized pieces.

1 minute ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Everyone got their money put aside for these sets lol?

Well I plan on it. At least the brachiosaurus set.

Just as a heads-up: the release date in some places might be August rather than June. A webshop I sometimes order from will not be able to deliver them before August. Not sure if it’s just them, or if the sets are temporary exclusives even, like the Indy wave!

I rarely buy sets on release. Partly because there is to much of a rush, things often sell out, and I don't want to deprive someone who really want them first. Partly because I prefer to wait for a good GWP or discount. But also because I like to see how I view the sets after the hype has died down. And I have to say that yesterday I removed all except 76958 Dilophosaurus Ambush from my wish list. That feels good for $20, and the Jeep is new. But none of the others feel that good, or worth the money, or both.

Kind of sad to admit it, as I've really liked the previous JP sets. Brachiosaurus and triceratops sets are good, but not with the money to me (the tree doesn't add much value in my mind). The 4+ set and the visitor center aren't too my tastes and are a bit disappointing.

I may be swayed back with reviews, but I suspect not. Hope everyone who does get them has fun though.