Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

14 hours ago, NostalgicBricks said:

I really, really hope that […] we get Fang, and that a Pygmy Puff is included in both WWW (and maybe an improved Love Potion?) and the train (one purple, one pink).

I still wouldn‘t like the fact we‘re getting remakes this soon (especially of WWW, the HE is more tolerable), but Fang and Pygmy Puffs would at least somewhat help justify their existence a bit :laugh: 

Not counting on them, but given the design team‘s excellent track record, it‘s certainly possible!

Now that I think about it, Fang and Pygmy Puffs are maybe more likely to appear than expected! So far, they’ve introduced at least one new creature every year:

• 2018: rat, snake, and thestral
  • 2019: hippogriff, stag patronus, and winged horse
  • 2020: new owl, phoenix, otter and hare patroni
  • 2021: basilisk and pixies
  • 2022: baby thestral
  • 2023: grindylow

With Fang and Pygmy Puffs, we would have three, which happened multiple times before! :excited:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

24 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Now that I think about it, Fang and Pygmy Puffs are maybe more likely to appear than expected!

A boy's gotta dream! Although Fang is my most wanted new mould/mold(?), I think I'd rather have the Puff this year if we could only have one because I know Fang can come in several other sets whereas this is the only other chance we'll get for a Puff. And they could reuse it in both sets (hopefully in different colours). Although I remember some people mentioning just printing a face on a ball joint which I would take over nothing, but a cute new creature would be preferable. 

I can't think of what new moulds the summer wave could have, but they'll probably waste it on a weird new piece for one of the gimmick sets knowing Lego. 

8 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Oh wow, that's really interesting! Do you know anything else about the project, like if it was meant to showcase the original actors or were they being recast?

Honestly, no. The extent of my knowledge was hearing a conversation between two people discussing their next projects while I was in the queue for crafty. One of them was art department and had got the Cursed Child job. Sadly the thing with crafty is eventually you get your coffee and go back to your department, and I was based in an entirely different part of the lot to the art department so could no more drop eaves. :pir-tongue:

To be totally honest, it could well have been for the TV series instead if they'd begun crewing up before the announcement came.

1 hour ago, NostalgicBricks said:

I can't think of what new moulds the summer wave could have, but they'll probably waste it on a weird new piece for one of the gimmick sets knowing Lego. 

Depends on whether there are any minifigs that would require a new piece or at least benefit from one :classic:

Lee could use one, should he be included in the Quidditch Trunk. Or maybe Scabior, as none of the existing hairpieces work perfectly for him. Or maybe finally an accurate Elder Wand for Voldy!

Or maybe they wasted 90% of the budget for the June wave on new trans-light blue parts for the patronus set :laugh_hard:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

13 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

That was just a rumor. Cursed Child isn't in development, especially now with the reboot coming out. JK Rowing said no to a movie version because it would harm the play financially and also the original cast has refused to return, mainly Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Roberts.

:pir_laugh2: You're in good company, though. When the 20th Anniversary special was first aired, they inadvertently used a childhood photo of Emma Roberts instead of Emma Watson. Apparently even some people in the industry confuse them. :shrug_confused:

I'm calling balderdash on that rumour, though, as people don't tend to present things that way even if it were the truth. And while I've seen it repeated often enough, no one ever seems to have a source for it. Stille Post - dictionary says Chinese whispers? 

Anyone want to speculate on the Quidditch trunk? I'm thinking Quidditch uniforms from all four houses similar to last year's. This time the gloves / mittens would make more sense and lend themselves better to the different skin tones, so I think this will be part of a BYO sigfig / pro-diversity campaign, and help reflect the video games where you can build your own avatars. I don't think they'll give us many named minifigs (Draco, Cedric, Cho etc.), but we'll see hairpieces that could suggest established characters. With a bit of luck maybe they'll include more useful but less common hairpieces for some variety, although I suppose it was nice that it allowed for making your own "Hermione", "Ron", "Draco", "Ginny", "Neville", "Dean" etc for those with fewer sets. I'd appreciate older faces this time around. Last year we saw the inclusion of Harry and McGonagall (although I believe McG is the only one listed as an official inclusion); this round I'm hoping Lee as an announcer might make the cut, and perhaps another Hooch to round out the picture. She's a fan favourite anyway, and I think her last set was a S@H exclusive, and the one before a TRU GWP.  

@BrickBob Studpants, I see we're both thinking Lee might be a good fit, that feels encouraging. Is there another obvious use for all the trans blue parts? Like a Ninjago set, perhaps? I know they have sets based in / around water. Do they also have water dragons or a similar creature?

Edited by krimimimi

13 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Depends on whether there are any minifigs that would require a new piece or at least benefit from one :classic:

Lee could use one, should he be included in the Quidditch Trunk. Or maybe Scabior, as none of the existing hairpieces work perfectly for him. Or maybe finally an accurate Elder Wand for Voldy!

Or maybe they wasted 90% of the budget for the June wave on new trans-light blue parts for the patronus set :laugh_hard:

Scabior is one character I would rather get an inaccurate hairpiece than use a new mould on! An accurate Elder Wand would be amazing. Lee Jordan is one of my most wanted characters. 

I really hope the new Mrs Weasley finally gets the love and care she deserves. I saw a new hairpiece this year (could it have been for Friends?) that I thought would really work for her.

Budget-wise, an accurate Elder Wand feels more like a collectible minifig inclusion, because they can't really reuse it the way they do the regular wands. (That said, I have quite a few Slytherin's lockets and Gryffindor's swords, so reuse might not be the issue I believe it to be. :pir_laugh2:) Has there been a CMF extra that was so sparse before?  

6 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Budget-wise, an accurate Elder Wand feels more like a collectible minifig inclusion, because they can't really reuse it the way they do the regular wands. (That said, I have quite a few Slytherin's lockets and Gryffindor's swords, so reuse might not be the issue I believe it to be. :pir_laugh2:) Has there been a CMF extra that was so sparse before?  

I agree that it would have been perfect for a CMF. I really feel like another CMF would have given us so many wonderful new moulds for creatures and accessories and hairpieces, and dual moulded legs. I'm disappointed we aren't getting one. 

20 minutes ago, NostalgicBricks said:

I agree that it would have been perfect for a CMF. I really feel like another CMF would have given us so many wonderful new moulds for creatures and accessories and hairpieces, and dual moulded legs. I'm disappointed we aren't getting one. 

Eh. Out of the last few licensed CMF series, I wouldn‘t have sacrificed any of them for a third HP series. Maybe in place of S23 last autumn :shrug_oh_well:

I still don‘t think the list of missing characters warrants a new series. HP is one of the themes where we get CMF-level minifigs in regular sets anyway. Just look at Kreacher, Pince, Pomfrey, 2022 Moody, etc.

35 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I still don‘t think the list of missing characters warrants a new series. HP is one of the themes where we get CMF-level minifigs in regular sets anyway. Just look at Kreacher, Pince, Pomfrey, 2022 Moody, etc.

Missing characters alone, no. But if you include some new and some variants of existing figures it wouldn't be hard to get to twelve. Three are likely to be the trio anyway, so nine spots isn't too hard to fill. 

For example - Bloody Baron, Aunt Marge, Firenze, Lee Jordan, Yule Ball Karkaroff, Yule Ball McGonnagall, End of Term Dumbledore, BoH Sprout, BoH Lucius. 

But I agree that a third CMF series is not that likely, although I'd have rather has a Harry Potter one that some of the less interesting recent series, but that is just me. 

17 minutes ago, NostalgicBricks said:

I'm desperate to see pics. :iamded_lol:

Aren’t we all? :laugh:

This will take a bit longer than usual, if rumours are to be believed. At least we have that promised Promobricks video to tide us over

2 hours ago, Seaber said:

Three are likely to be the trio anyway, so nine spots isn't too hard to fill. 

Wouldn't they put with the trio even Dumbledore, Neville and Luna? This way spots to fill would be even less.

Oh wow they're making a new game on Quidditch. They are really milking HP for all it's worth lately - I'm screaming. I dreamed of times like this when we went through the merchandise draught when I was younger. Please don't oversaturate it though. :excited: :roflmao:

4 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

Wouldn't they put with the trio even Dumbledore, Neville and Luna? This way spots to fill would be even less.

Trio would be there I imagine, doubt the others would be included - hard to find a pattern with just two cmf series released and it's unlikely we'll get another 

We've never gotten any of the outfits that the characters wear at Bill and Fleur's wedding in Deathly Hallows, and since the Burrow D2C set from the survey leak didn't mention anything about including the wedding, it seems unlikely we'll get a set like that anytime soon. I think a CMF series or advent calendar could easily provide the trio in their outfits, not to mention a few other notable characters like Luna and her father.

8 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Budget-wise, an accurate Elder Wand feels more like a collectible minifig inclusion, because they can't really reuse it the way they do the regular wands. 

Voldemort may not pop up a lot in sets but Dumbledore does so a custom wand just for him wouldn't be all that crazy imo.

9 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

Honestly, no. The extent of my knowledge was hearing a conversation between two people discussing their next projects while I was in the queue for crafty. One of them was art department and had got the Cursed Child job. Sadly the thing with crafty is eventually you get your coffee and go back to your department, and I was based in an entirely different part of the lot to the art department so could no more drop eaves. :pir-tongue:

To be totally honest, it could well have been for the TV series instead if they'd begun crewing up before the announcement came.

It must be an exciting line of work, even if all the departments are kept separate so you really don't know what's going on next door. 

9 hours ago, krimimimi said:

:pir_laugh2: You're in good company, though. When the 20th Anniversary special was first aired, they inadvertently used a childhood photo of Emma Roberts instead of Emma Watson. Apparently even some people in the industry confuse them. :shrug_confused:

I remember that lol. I'm not even a fan of Emma Roberts so I'm not sure why I used her name instead of Emma Watson. Emma Watson seems to get linked to her namesakes a lot. For example, she was the original choice for La La Land but had to turn it down because she was already committed to Beauty and the Beast, so Emma Stone got the role (and an Oscar to boot) instead. And then for Little Women, Emma Stone was set to play Meg but she dropped out and Emma Watson got the role. And Emily Watson has said that she's been mistaken for Emma Watson multiple times and she's so flattered that she always plays along.

26 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

It must be an exciting line of work, even if all the departments are kept separate so you really don't know what's going on next door. 

I must say, it is even if the hours are killer. Even better, it allowed me to spend a few months living a Tube line away from a Lego store and with money to spend on Lego :pir-tongue:

18 minutes ago, NostalgicBricks said:

Could this week be the week? :pir-sweet:

Word is early May still :tongue: But who knows.

And where’s that promised update video? :grin:

Después de mucho tiempo leyendo como invitado... he decidido hacer una cuenta!!! :pir-huzzah1:

Personalmente, de esta nueva ola de marzo soy el raro... quiero todas las pancartas de las casa (esperaré descuento)

Y de la nueva, tengo curiosidad por el Baúl y la Batalla... a ver cómo nos sorprenden!

Saludos, foreros!!!:excited:

Promobricks vid is here:

- Patronus-set should be a 2 in 1 set, where you could build either a stag or a wolf. There should be a new sort of wandelement which she calls 'eye-contact'.

- BoH is compatible with the latest Hogwarts-sets and there should be a (buildable?) statue in it.

- Buildable trunck has named characters of Harry, Draco, Cho and Cedric and has extra hair and head pieces to create your own.

- AC is Hogsmeade themed and has microbuilds of three broomsticks and zonko.

- Hogwarts Castle and Grounds should be a close copy of a bootleg company.

- Dobby doesn't feature a minifig.

Edited by mark1991t
Details added

I won’t be able to watch the video for several hours. Is someone willing to summarise everything new we can gather from it? :sweet:

Thank you in advance!