Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

12 minutes ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

Troll on the Loose is the BIG film and book moment that we haven’t gotten a set from since the reboot! We’re surely due one!

True. It‘s maybe not the most significant scene we‘re missing, but definitely one of the most iconic ones! That could make for a cool addition to the new Hogwarts style, even though I‘m a bit worried about the troll himself :snicker: It‘d most likely be a brick-built monstrosity with visible joints in grey, like Fluffy

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

True. It‘s maybe not the most significant scene we‘re missing, but definitely one of the most iconic ones! That could make for a cool addition to the new Hogwarts style, even though I‘m a bit worried about the troll himself :snicker: It‘d most likely be a brick-built monstrosity with visible joints in grey, like Fluffy

The new bigfig design used for Thanos a few years ago might work for the troll. The arms can hold a club and a minifig to match the movie scene, the body's about the right size and can be printed for the tattered outfit, and maybe even a custom head or bald-headpiece with attached ears for the King Charles-esque lugs, although I'm not holding out too much hope for that last one.

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It‘d most likely be a brick-built monstrosity with visible joints in grey, like Fluffy

Sand blue as a main colour goes well enough with grey that it could look ok. I agree they'd likely do the troll as a built-up figure and not something moulded like the first time around.

57 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

It seems to me that HP uses the budget for new creatures very well, I'm confident that we will have a satisfying troll

I just think the troll is larger than they currently seem willing to go for a creature consisting mainly of moulds, but they could surprise us. Things like the dragons, Fluffy and Grawp have at most had only a mould for the head. The only theme getting really big moulds is Jurassic; even Avatar pairs moulded heads with brickbuilt bodies for everything other than the weird horse.

Speaking of things they haven't done since the reboot, I'd love to see a big playset with the entirety of the challenges at the end of Philosopher's Stone. Without or without Fluffy on top, it could have a much better Devil's Snare, Winged Key room, obviously miniaturized chess, and then the final challenge.

Whether it's in a set like that or in a potential Troll on the Loose set, they definitely need to give us another Quirrel.

21 hours ago, krimimimi said:

I think a popular criticism of the 2021+ modular system was "where are the classrooms? it's supposed to be a school, innit?"

Once they made the decision to represent the classrooms and common rooms with the collectable books and banners it seems they were stuck leaving them out of the modular castle sets, since then there would be overlap. Hopefully we'll be seeing less of those kind of gimmicky playsets sets going forward. 

It’s too late for a troll on the loose or philosophers’ stone challenges set. Those would’ve been released for the last system when they could do large interior and underground based sets. It’s possible but I wouldn’t hold out hope. Only thing that could point to a troll on the loose set is the Polyjuice Potion set being off the market, leaving room for a new bathroom. 

I do hope this new Hogwarts system features a level of rocks under all the modules. Ideally they’d plan things out and have the chamber of secrets and stone challenges (probably split over multiple sets?) underneath them all but I’m not holding out hope. 

7 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

It’s too late for a troll on the loose or philosophers’ stone challenges set. Those would’ve been released for the last system when they could do large interior and underground based sets. It’s possible but I wouldn’t hold out hope.

I don't think it's ever too late for anything because they can release whatever they want. Not every Hogwarts set needs an exterior nor needs to connect to every other Hogwarts set, which was in fact an ultimate downfall of the last Hogwarts iteration because after the initial wave they tried to have it both ways and ultimately kind of sacrificed both. There was so much potential in focusing on great, memorable interior scenes and locations, yet they almost seemed too worried about selling sets without showing a Hogwarts exterior on the box.

A challenges playset can be rooms that are signalled through columns and doors in between and forego any full walls at all.

A proper Grand Staircase Tower and proper greenhouses I'd add to the list of wants for the new Hogwarts system, as these were not done very well before. I'd also love to see all four bridges well represented, the viaduct and wooden bridge would make great DHII sets for example. 

Personally, I’ll be happy with whatever they include in the new Hogwarts system in the summer wave as long as they feature new characters again :tongue: I appreciate the new animals, creatures and variants we’re getting in March, but the list of missing characters still has a pretty decent length and it’s sad we can’t scratch any of them off so far in 2024 :shrug_oh_well:

I might be overlooking something, but could this be the first wave of any licensed theme that has not introduced a single new (sentient) character? :wacko:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Personally, I’ll be happy with whatever they include in the new Hogwarts system in the summer wave as long as they feature new characters again :tongue: I appreciate the new animals, creatures and variants we’re getting in March, but the list of missing characters still has a pretty decent length and it’s sad we can’t scratch any of them off so far in 2024 :shrug_oh_well:

I might be overlooking something, but could this be the first wave of any licensed theme that has not introduced a single new (sentient) character? :wacko:

Harry Potter 2003? 

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

January wave of 2021?

32 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

January wave of 2021?

Touché. Granted, those were gimmick sets and Flitwick was the PS version which might just as well be a different character, but I‘ll concede.

Ok, then it‘s just the largest wave of licensed sets without new characters :tongue:

I don‘t want to keep harping on it, but it‘s not like there were no options. The Forbidden Forest set is definitely the worst offender with the ultralame Ron and Hermione minifigs that easily could‘ve been Grubbly-Plank and/or Firenze instead :shrug_oh_well:

I think the summer wave will likely be Hogwarts-heavy, due to needing quite a few sets to show off the new building system. On the needed character (and creature) list, at least thirty are possible at Hogwarts. That's roughly half of all the outstanding characters we need! 

Of course not all will appear, perhaps not many or even any. But it's likely some will show up, eleven or more are students and would not necessarily need new prints. 

Incidentally the location with the second highest number of needed figures is Diagon/Knockturn. 

19 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

@Seaber, do you have a list of those characters? Is it still based on @Yope's list?

The list I made is my own, yopes is similar but I think includes characters like Bem who were invented for the films? Or that could have been someone else :classic:

It was also laid out a lot better! 

Film (No. Character + Creatures/Beings) 

PS (9+4):

Alicia Spinnet, Tom, Dedalus Diggle, Doris Crockford, King's Cross Guard, Prof Vector, Bloody Baron, Fat Friar, Augusta Longbottom

(Firenze, Trevor, Troll, Unicorn) 

CoS (8+1):

Millicent Bulstrode, Mr Mason, Mrs Mason, Ernie MacMillain, Penelope Clearwater, Mr Granger, Mrs Granger, Knockturn Alley Witch

(Errol) 

PoA (2):

Aunt Marge, Housekeeping Witch 

GoF (6):

Roger Davies, Barry Crouch sr, Prof Karkaroff, Amos Diggory, Frank Bruce, Eloise Midgen

OotP(6):

Mrs Figg, Zacharias Smith, Madam Bones, John Dawlish, Antonin Dolohov, Prof Grubbly-Plank

HBP (8+1):

Narcissa Malfoy, Amycus Carrow, Alecto Carrow, Thorfinn Rowle, Leanne, Katie Bell, Cormac McLaggen, Marcus Belby

(Inferi) 

DH (9+1): Charity Burbage, Bill Weasley, Mundungus Fletcher, Elphius Doge, Rufus Scrimgeour, Xenophilius Lovegood, Aunt Muriel, Bathilda Bagshot, Dirk Cresswell

(Giants) 

Edited by Seaber

11 hours ago, Seaber said:

I think the summer wave will likely be Hogwarts-heavy, due to needing quite a few sets to show off the new building system.

Even beyond the desire to thoroughly establish a new system - the whole ‘mystery portraits’ thing rather requires interior walls to hang them up on - the three sets we’ve seen featuring them so far have incorporated places to hang the portraits into their designs. 

Incidentally, that also still leaves ample opportunity for the speculated Zonko’s/Hog’s Head Hogsmeade set - and now I’m wondering whether one of our unseen portraits could be Ariana Dumbledore. 

On 12/12/2023 at 2:58 AM, Clone OPatra said:

they can release whatever they want

Just because they can, doesn’t mean they will. They just had a supposedly interior focused Hogwarts line and almost immediately pivoted to (often feeble) attempts at making decent exteriors. Not to mention they even had most the figures they’d need already in production thanks to the chess set. Now that they’ve got an intentionally exterior focused line again I wouldn’t get my hopes up for any large underground only levels.

If they wanted to do another gimmicky fold out line they probably could make the stone challenges. Based on this spring wave not consisting of a new wave of fold out builds I’m guessing that won’t be the case though. 

On 12/13/2023 at 4:42 AM, Accio Lego said:

Incidentally, that also still leaves ample opportunity for the speculated Zonko’s/Hog’s Head Hogsmeade set - and now I’m wondering whether one of our unseen portraits could be Ariana Dumbledore. 

I am pretty sure that those potraits are all hanging in hogwarts - also I think certain pictures such as Ariana´s would be included in the set it belongs to (if we get that one) and wouldn´t be included in a random lottery.

I'm quite disappointed we're getting another Hogwarts reboot. I was happily invested into the latest one and it's annoying that suddenly they're going to basically be remaking everything once again. What's annoying especially is that they wasted time on locations in exteranal sets. Things like the classrooms books and the common room banners could have been £30 sections of the Hogwarts build to make truly the ultimate experience in terms of indoor locations.

I love the new sets, but a refresher seems to me like they're just desperate to revisit the earlier movies again. There's still so much they haven't covered from the later movies. I know we've had a few DH sets, but there's still a lot that hasn't made it into set form and a lot of minifigures that haven't been covered. One battle of hogwarts set doesnt even cover 20% of sets they could have released to cover that massive battle in the final movie. I know it's 'darker', but they're happy to make a Stranger Things set?

2 hours ago, Alas_Earwax said:

One battle of hogwarts set doesnt even cover 20% of sets they could have released to cover that massive battle in the final movie. I know it's 'darker', but they're happy to make a Stranger Things set?

Well, Harry Potter is still designed for Kids (and ofc adults too) where Stranger Things was aiming for an adult audience.

As for the reboot, I also feel like with the castle System they can´t keep the system alive for to long, because then the first sets would be long retired when they are doing the new ones and at some point it wouldn´t make sense to start fresh with a castle where half of the sets isn´t avaiable anymore.

16 hours ago, Alas_Earwax said:

I love the new sets, but a refresher seems to me like they're just desperate to revisit the earlier movies again. 

IMO as much as I loved finally getting DH2 sets, it didn’t fit well with the doofy child oriented 2021+ castle block style. The graphic design on stickers in the RoR (along with the existence of the pixie sticker) and things like Harry’s bright blue pants make it feel like a set designed for kids too young to see the movie. Meanwhile the BoH seems like it’s almost embarrassed to be a 2021+ block set doing everything it can to break the 8x8 format. The new highly detailed 2024+ style seems far better suited to the later films. We’ll see what the future holds but if we do get sets from the second half of the series, I think they’ll work a lot better. The change in system and the lack of foldout sets makes it seem like the kiddie focus we’ve seen in recent years is being dialed back a bit. 

14 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

As for the reboot, I also feel like with the castle System they can´t keep the system alive for to long, because then the first sets would be long retired when they are doing the new ones and at some point it wouldn´t make sense to start fresh with a castle where half of the sets isn´t avaiable anymore.

Lego could easily just remake certain segments in the same style, especially with the 2021-23 format. No need to totally reboot unless they specifically want to try something different.