Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Glad they're remaking Hagrid's Hut; it was long due.

The intetersting thing is that it's gonna be either 38€ (350 pcs) or 75€ (896 pcs). Nothing in-between. 

So there’s a Ford Anglia set and a Hagrid’s Hut set, plus maybe another 2018 remake (we got the last Hagrids Hut in 2019). 

It’ll be interesting to see if there’s a Hogwarts set this wave off if the designers wait for the summer. It’ll also be interesting to see if the builds are simplified or smaller this wave. 

One last castle set in the current style would be interesting. Hopefully something based off DH2 so we finally get DH2 Ron. I don’t really have any good interior ideas but that didn’t stop Lego from making the Battle of Hogwarts set or half the Room of Requirement set this year. 

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The intetersting thing is that it's gonna be either 38€ (350 pcs) or 75€ (896 pcs). Nothing in-between. 

The last one was 60€ and based on PoA, so if this one’s based on the smaller PS/CoS version, I could envision it as the 38€ set :classic: Of course it could also be the 75€ set, but then it needs some pretty substantial sidebuilds.

Personally, I could see a PS version that combines the hut with the forbidden forest scene, minus the unicorn corpse. Would be a nice way to get Firenze and Fang!

Or alternatively, a CoS set with Aragog and a new version of Lucius. And again, Fang.

Still in the middle of building Gringotts, and I came across two extra 2x2 plates in tan in bag 26. Doubly weird because none are required at all throughout these steps :wacko: The build does require two tan 2x2 jumper plates though. Did that happen to anybody else? :laugh:

39 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Still in the middle of building Gringotts, and I came across two extra 2x2 plates in tan in bag 26. Doubly weird because none are required at all throughout these steps :wacko: The build does require two tan 2x2 jumper plates though. Did that happen to anybody else? :laugh:

No (I don't have that set).

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

No, I got two regular tan 2x2 plates in bag 26 that I never used though, despite finishing the build entirely through - slightly relieved now. I was really confused because literally nothing in bag 26 calls for that part. 

Stage 26 does use a pair of tan 2x2 jumper plates in the small stack of books on the mezzanine though - or at least that’s what my instructions told me to use. 

Edited by Accio Lego

Dusting off Diagon Alley and saw that one of the dark red 1x2 cheese slopes outside QQS is a weird marbled dark red and burnt orange. I don’t remember if it was like that originally. It’s on the inside of the piece too so definitely not just sun damage or something. None of the other parts have that issue from what I can see. Maybe I’ll have to seek out a replacement. Did anyone else have a similar issue? 

15 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Stage 26 does use a pair of tan 2x2 jumper plates in the small stack of books on the mezzanine though - or at least that’s what my instructions told me to use. 

Same. Maybe the book stack was initially supposed to incorporate the 2x2 plates, but then they were replaced with the jumper plates and there was a mixup so that both ended up in the inventory? :shrug_oh_well:

And yeah, after completing the build yesterday, I have to crown it my favourite set of the year :wub: Rivendell is a close second

14 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Dusting off Diagon Alley and saw that one of the dark red 1x2 cheese slopes outside QQS is a weird marbled dark red and burnt orange. I don’t remember if it was like that originally. It’s on the inside of the piece too so definitely not just sun damage or something. None of the other parts have that issue from what I can see. Maybe I’ll have to seek out a replacement. Did anyone else have a similar issue? 

Parts like that with mixed colours are worth something, if it is a moulding error, you could try to sell it 

On 9/2/2023 at 11:28 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Just finished the underground section, and it‘s a very fun build so far! Slotting the two sections together like those cardboard cutout trees you‘d find in a cheap advent calendar was pretty satisfying :laugh: Also, I‘m quite surprised at all the elements that are covered up during this phase of the build, never to be seen again! I‘m not spoiling what they are tho :purrr:

And of course, turns out good ol’ Justin Ramsden was one of the designers. This guy just can do no wrong. Another masterpiece of his that has entered my list of all-time favourite sets! :wub:

I am currently past the underground section and onto the bank itself. The vaults portion was a great build. I almost want to say it's a goblets parts pack lol. 

I think my display solution will be Gringott's to the far left of Diagon Alley, next to Ollivander's. The vaults will go below, resting on a different shelf about a 14 inches below the shelf on which the bank rests. It'll render the supports on the top of the vault section moot, but I think it will look cool. I'll try and include a picture when it's all done.

On 8/28/2023 at 7:46 PM, Ferder said:

DiagonAlley.png

I'm still waiting to see this layout before I commit! 

Also, what has happened to the price of the Vault GWP?! It's averaging at about £65/$80
Why did they make so few? Maybe it should have just been an exclusive when purchasing the Bank instead of any HP set.

Edited by TheDoctor

I would have thought if set names were known then we would know the content of Hagrid's Hut as Lego has got vey fond of using the colon in their Harry Potter set names. We had Hagrid's Hut: Buckbeak's Rescue so I would have thought we will be getting Hagrid's Hut: Norbert's Hatching or Hagrid's Hut: Farewell Aragog or such like. So I'm guessing maybe some people have seen blurry/ preliminary images of sets only. Either way I can't wait to get some more info on the March wave, particularly for the smaller sets.

19 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Parts like that with mixed colours are worth something, if it is a moulding error, you could try to sell it 

Definitely seems like a molding thing and apparently they’re called marbled bricks. No idea where I’d really sell it so please lmk if there’s a specific community or something for them. 

Just received my package from LEGO containing the GWP Vault as well as the HE with Hogsmeade Station. :)

Anyone know why the Vault GWP doesn't show up on the UK Lego site? I only get Quidditch Practice?

Its sold out for a couple of days in all most of Europe, including the UK.

Edited by mark1991t
Corrected, see post below.

57 minutes ago, CLK143 said:

Anyone know why the Vault GWP doesn't show up on the UK Lego site? I only get Quidditch Practice?

You could phone your local LEGO store (if you have one nearby) to check if they might still have them.

Just checked all European shop at home websites and it's sold out in the Netherlands, the UK, Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, France, Spain, Portugal, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Ireland. But it's still available in Poland, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Greece, Hungary, Czechia, Slovakia, Italy, Romania, Switzerland, and Austria. And while the Ukrainian shop @ home does exist, you can't buy anything there for obvious reasons. So it's not sold out in all of Europe just yet.

On a separate note, I'm surprised Iceland as well as several countries in the Balkan don't have a shop at home. How do they order from LEGO?

Edited by Salix

1 hour ago, mark1991t said:

Its sold out for a couple of days in all most of Europe, including the UK.

1 hour ago, CLK143 said:

Unfortunately, you're now faced with having to pay upwards of £60 for it!

Bricklink still has some cheaper options if you're willing to import from Europe.

15 hours ago, mark1991t said:

Designer-video is out now, with some interesting insights in the Gringotts-set:

Thank you :classic: I love that they show Gringotts at the end of DA as an actual alley. It might only be a brief glimpse, but I feel like they actually get it!

Is anyone able to provide me with the measures for the vault section please? I’m hoping they fit in a kallax - but looking at the designer video it looks like not! Thank you.

16 hours ago, mark1991t said:

Designer-video is out now, with some interesting insights in the Gringotts-set:

Great video, thanks for sharing!

Yeah, it’s kinda obvious it was Justin who came up with the idea to combine the vault section with the bank on top. I mean, he designed the Upside Down, so unconventional techniques like that are right up his alley :laugh: George and Peter did an excellent job too!

6 hours ago, SuperChris said:

Is anyone able to provide me with the measures for the vault section please? I’m hoping they fit in a kallax - but looking at the designer video it looks like not! Thank you.

I managed to slide my vault section onto a shelf with a height clearance of roughly 34 cm or a tiny bit over 13 1/4”. I had to take off the corner brackets from the top, but that’s ridiculously easy and there’s even a little bit of clearance after that. 

Width and depth are a bit trickier since it can vary wildly based on how you orient the module, but it ultimately doesn’t extend too far past the 10” square base plate of the upper section in any one direction - although obviously that doesn’t accommodate the gwp vault. 

Edited by Accio Lego