Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I won’t be able to watch the video for several hours. Is someone willing to summarise everything new we can gather from it? :sweet:

Thank you in advance!

See my post. I added some details, which I think are new.

12 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

See my post. I added some details, which I think are new.

Thanks! :excited:

Hm, not exactly much we didn’t know already. My highlight of these tidbits is the statue, as I was hoping for one to be included! :wub: The BoH is definitely the best-sounding set of the June wave by quite a margin.

The patronus set being a 2-in-1 makes sense. Wonder what that looks like

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

29 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

Promobricks vid is here:

- Patronus-set should be a 2 in 1 set, where you could build either a stag or a wolf. There should be a new sort of wandelement which she calls 'eye-contact'.

- BoH is compatible with the latest Hogwarts-sets and there should be a (buildable?) statue in it.

- Buildable trunck has named characters of Harry, Draco, Cho and Cedric and has extra hair and head pieces to create your own.

- AC is Hogsmeade themed and has microbuilds of three broomsticks and zonko.

- Hogwarts Castle and Grounds should be a close copy of a bootleg company.

- Dobby doesn't feature a minifig.

Additions:

- The new wand piece mentioned above is for the Patronus charm - apparently you can stick something to it that make it look like the minifigure is casting the charm.

- Dobby comes with accessories: Tom Riddle's diary and the sock.

- Gringotts is apparently compatible with DA but somehow also has the lower part with the carts. She doesn't know how that works either. :-)

- WWW has seven minifigs. She thinks it's HBP themed. She also thinks there'll be new versions of the twins plus Ron, Ginny, Harry, Lavender, and Cormac.

- Hogwarts Express hat eight minifigs. She thinks they'll be Draco, Pansy, Blaise, Harry with invisibility cloak and the broken glasses faceprint (from the CE Hogwarts Express), Luna, Snape or Flitwick, Ron, and Hermione.

- Advent Calendar has minifigs of the trio with new torso printings (Harry with a hoodie and Ron with a hat) and Aberforth, also minibuilds of Zonko's, the Hog's Head (she calls it the Boar's Head), Honeydukes, and the Three Broomsticks.

Not much that wasn't already known other than the Microscale Hogwarts and grounds includes everything and is very very similar to knockoff models that are currently being sold. 

WWW and the HE sound very boring in terms of minifigs, as expected. Hopefully Lavender is a significant improvement over the 2020 version at least! 

As nice as it is to have more representation from the later movies, why oh why did it have to be HBP :tongue: DH is right there!

10 minutes ago, brickbride said:

- UCS Dobby’s sock comes with accessories: Tom Riddle's diary and Dobby.

Fixed that for you :laugh_hard:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

LOL

Forgot to add: EP comes with Harry and Lupin figs, but only the one new wand.

10:04 in the video shows a Hogwarts Castle with the Grounds. I know these pics are not the real ones, but given that she says she's seen a castle much like the new one on Amazon and Alibaba, this might actually be the one?

Edited by brickbride

50 minutes ago, brickbride said:

- Advent Calendar has minifigs of the trio with new torso printings (Harry with a hoodie and Ron with a hat) and Aberforth, also minibuilds of Zonko's, the Hog's Head (she calls it the Boar's Head), Honeydukes, and the Three Broomsticks.

Oh, could this be a subtle nod to future builds?! Hopefully 

35 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

WWW and the HE sound very boring in terms of minifigs, as expected. Hopefully Lavender is a significant improvement over the 2020 version at least!

She did say that's who she thought it would be, not that it was confirmed. Though for the HE, her selection makes a lot of sense as it would allow TLG to get some more mileage out of their recent new Pansy, Blaise, and Harry-with-broken-glasses fics.

I'm also curious about the new wand. The current wands come in twos, so if there's only one does that mean we're going back towards a bigger version (like the original lightsaber-style wands)?

3 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

Oh, could this be a subtle nod to future builds?! Hopefully 

I didn't think of this. But given that we already have the Three Broomsticks and Honeydukes, it might make sense! Though it's a little weird that we'd be getting Aberforth since he'd have to be in a Hog's Head set as well.

1 hour ago, brickbride said:

I hope we get prints for signposts etc, I expect the the building mini builds will fit on a map on the fold out. Complimentary to and roughly scaled to work with the ‘Hogwarts Castle & grounds’ set. 

I thought from the way she listed the characters in the BoH set that the "guardian statue" will be a minifig; "So as for minifigures you will be getting...". Contrasted with the ones where she was specifically not sure ("the figures I expect will come in this set" & "so I'm thinking it will come with"), the WWW and Hogwarts Express & Hogsmeade Station sets.

As expected, there doesn't seem to be any new info on Gringotts aside from emphasizing it should be compatible with DA, which is a help as I think we'd lost some confidence in that after the previous promobricks video.

For the HE, I can't imagine we'll get our third Zabini and second Pansy this year, but who knows anymore. :shrug_oh_well: I found it interesting that she wasn't expecting Hagrid, I think he's been a popular guess, but either way, it's apparently still guesswork and we'll probably need to wait until May to know for sure. 

I'm chuffed about Scabior, black robed McGonagall and the statue. Still very surprised - but not dismayed - by the unusual departure for this theme to include victims and their killers in the same set. (Is this where the change in the theme's leadership shows?) The only killer in a scene that came to mind before this was Voldemort in the Rise of Voldemorts (75965 & 4766), but they both avoided including Cedric. The AT, by contrast, included neither Snape nor Dumbledore. But it's probably fair to go there in a set explicitly labelled BoH. The film wasn't exactly for the younger crowd either.

On the other hand, I'm disappointed that they're re-releasing 2 of the 2022 AC figs, devaluing the calendar as a set even further. Off the list of nanobuild subjects, it also sounds like they're doing a Hogsmeade visit for the 2023 AC, including the Hog's Head, or at least the proprietor, before we know if they'll release a set for it, say in 2024, which would again devalue the previous year's AC. At least with the Yule Ball AC, it was released after the set it complimented, and you could decide if it was worth the repeated figures / items. That feels like a less cynical approach. If they go exclusively into nano build territory again, that's it for me. Then again if they use it as a chance to include BoH Ron, and maybe some other missing characters' DH2 versions... But that doesn't square with the "more Christmassy" description, particularly as Ron was absent for X-mas in DH1. Or is this the long awaited chance for a Bathilda Bagshot... :laugh:

44 minutes ago, brickbride said:

I'm also curious about the new wand. The current wands come in twos, so if there's only one does that mean we're going back towards a bigger version (like the original lightsaber-style wands)?

I didn't think of this. But given that we already have the Three Broomsticks and Honeydukes, it might make sense! Though it's a little weird that we'd be getting Aberforth since he'd have to be in a Hog's Head set as well.

She called it a "new wand element", explicitly said it would be just the one enclosed, and says it can be "clipped onto a wand", although I couldn't tell from how she phrased it if she'd actually seen it do so, or was just working from a description. I couldn't really picture anything from her "eye contact" description, but then again I can't see someone describing the old wands that way either, especially not when she's familiar enough with the theme (and Star Wars) to call them "old wands" or "light sabres".  

We've now had three consecutive years of Hogsmeade builds (2021 Three Broomsticks & Honeydukes, 2022 Shrieking Shack, 2023 Hogsmeade Station), so I think a Hog's Head and Zonko's next year would be well in keeping with what they've done so far. But then wishful thinking makes for a bit of bias... 

Not a single owl (again)?! *huh* The sets do not sound so exiting to me, but will wait until I see them before I pass judgement :def_shrug:

30 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Then again if they use it as a chance to include BoH Ron, and maybe some other missing characters' DH2 versions...

We already know all carachters from 2023 Advent Calendar (I suppose, cause there was a leak some time ago): Aberforth with a purple outfit, Rosmerta from Hogsmeade Village Visit set, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Draco variant from PoA scene (that one near the Shrieking Shack).

@Roebuck I guess there might be an owl, and she might not have mentioned it?

The more I think about it, the less I'm convinced about her figure guess for the HE. I mean I can see Pansy, Blaise, and Harry-with-broken-glasses for the reason I've said (plus they get Diversity Points for Blaise as there aren't many students of colour), and if you're going with that scene you kind of need Draco and Luna as well. A professor might make sense if, say, the Hogwarts Gates were included. But Ron and Hermione aren't particularly useful for the scene. And if the Hogsmeade Station is included, that would mean we get an entire train plus station with no personnel whatsoever. I'd find that odd from a play value perspective. The Hidden Side Ghost Train Express had only six figures, and two of them were personnel (though they doubled as ghosts). I wouldn't be surprised if the last two slots went to, say, a train driver, station attendant, maybe the Trolley Witch instead.

Edited by brickbride
Six not five

I’m always happy to hear more info but 90% of it was stuff we already heard about. 

It’s great to hear more details about Dobby, Quidditch and Final battle but everything else in this video was a disappointment.

I understand that info for Gringotts and Store Exclusives are harder to come by than normal sets. However if you don’t have any info on those sets why speculate about figs? 

Also, I’m tired of his “speculation” of whether or not Gringotts will be compatible with DA. And how the bottom track will connect to Gringotts. 

I feel like PB should at least have some idea on how it should work but they fail to disclose that info. 

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

I thought from the way she listed the characters in the BoH set that the "guardian statue" will be a minifig; "So as for minifigures you will be getting...". Contrasted with the ones where she was specifically not sure ("the figures I expect will come in this set" & "so I'm thinking it will come with"), the WWW and Hogwarts Express & Hogsmeade Station sets.

Yeah you are right. I've rewatched the vid. She even ends it with: ''probably just a grey minifigure". 

Thanks, @BrickMatit, I had already managed to forget the leak. :laugh:

33 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

I feel like PB should at least have some idea on how it should work but they fail to disclose that info. 

It's far too early for information on a late summer / early autumn D2C. There are two possibilities, either PB don't know (because it's far too early, and which I consider the more likely version), or someone at lego trusts them enough to share the information with them with the expectation they won't share it with us. The result is the same either way, they aren't going to tell us until lego says it's ok. 

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

She called it a "new wand element", explicitly said it would be just the one enclosed, and says it can be "clipped onto a wand", although I couldn't tell from how she phrased it if she'd actually seen it do so, or was just working from a description. I couldn't really picture anything from her "eye contact" description, 

What is a Patronus? | Wizarding World

I think what she means is, if you look at this picture, the light coming from the end of the wand looks like a contact lens. I can understand the confusion with the phrase 'eye contact', but I'm pretty sure this is what she means. So I'm picturing a trans blue / glitter piece in this form that clips onto the end of the wand.

11 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

Yeah you are right. I've rewatched the vid. She even ends it with: ''probably just a grey minifigure". 

But on the other hand! lol I just saw a new description on the PB site, where they list the set as including only 7 minifigs, so it's not clear. Then again, lego themselves often don't count non-character minifigs as minifigs in a set, like the statues in the new LotR set, or the Quidditch uniform mannequins in DA. 

@BacktoBricks, now that you point it out, it does rather resemble a contact lens. lol Well it definitely didn't occur to me, and the interpretation wouldn't have either, so thank you. Isn't there a shape like that that Spiderman uses?

Edited by krimimimi

44 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

I’m always happy to hear more info but 90% of it was stuff we already heard about. 

It’s great to hear more details about Dobby, Quidditch and Final battle but everything else in this video was a disappointment.

I was going to say that a lot of this video has been made redundant by your information. There was also too much guessing at the minifigures for me to feel confident in any of those lineups. Even the GWP vault being the Lestrange vault is seemingly a guess so I think there is the potential here for guesses to start circulating as fact.

4 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Thanks, @BrickMatit, I had already managed to forget the leak. :laugh:

It's far too early for information on a late summer / early autumn D2C. There are two possibilities, either PB don't know (because it's far too early, and which I consider the more likely version), or someone at lego trusts them enough to share the information with them with the expectation they won't share it with us. The result is the same either way, they aren't going to tell us until lego says it's ok. 

I’m not asking for full blown details like fig count or whether the dragon appears. 

I just want some clarification on the supposed second level of Gringotts and how it connects. It’s clear that they know something or else they wouldn’t talk about it in every video or post. 

I don’t mind speculation but don’t do it on a video in which you are discussing details of the sets. 

Some people will take it as legit info and think that those figs are in the set. It’s what happened with Knight Bus earlier this year. 

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I was going to say that a lot of this video has been made redundant by your information. There was also too much guessing at the minifigures for me to feel confident in any of those lineups. Even the GWP vault being the Lestrange vault is seemingly a guess so I think there is the potential here for guesses to start circulating as fact.

I don’t mind minifig guessing since we all do it. However don’t include that in a video that has been hyped for weeks by Hp fans.

We expected more info on the sets but this video feels like they barely scratched the surface. It’s clear they rehashed the same old Gringotts info and speculated the store exclusive because they knew they had little info to actually include. 

I just don’t see why they had to wait for permission to post this vid when most info was already leaked by other leakers on insta. 

You would have assumed that they were gonna talk a bit more of Gringotts or the store exclusives. 

9 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

I don’t mind minifig guessing since we all do it. However don’t include that in a video that has been hyped for weeks by Hp fans.

We expected more info on the sets but this video feels like they barely scratched the surface. It’s clear they rehashed the same old Gringotts info and speculated the store exclusive because they knew they had little info to actually include. 

I just don’t see why they had to wait for permission to post this vid when most info was already leaked by other leakers on insta. 

You would have assumed that they were gonna talk a bit more of Gringotts or the store exclusives. 

I don't mind minifigure guessing either, but I think you need to make that very clear in a video that is promoted as 'news'. Some people will take it as fact and then be disappointed, or potentially excited, when it turns out to be wrong. I thought there was going to be more info than this to be honest and not sure why the secrecy, but that's their prerogative. Gringotts is what I'm waiting for and I know that we'll have to wait longer for info on that.

32 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

I’m not asking for full blown details like fig count or whether the dragon appears. 

I just want some clarification on the supposed second level of Gringotts and how it connects. It’s clear that they know something or else they wouldn’t talk about it in every video or post. 

I don’t mind speculation but don’t do it on a video in which you are discussing details of the sets. 

Some people will take it as legit info and think that those figs are in the set. It’s what happened with Knight Bus earlier this year. 

My impression from the way they speak about it is they know there is supposed to be a mine cart, some tracks, which somehow go "down" / "below", and that Gringotts is supposed to be compatible to DA, although they can't quite reconcile that statement with the other information. And that's it. Given how reliably they repeat those details, and the lack of variation, I'd say that's the extent of the description they were given. People who have seen a thing usually sound different. 

The PB website itself is a good deal more clear with what is known and unknown (which I appreciate for the same reasons you appear to), up to and including boldface for the word "speculation" which amused me. I'd have said the German version of the videos were clearer than the English as well, based on the fact there appears to be less confusion afterwards, except recently we couldn't seem to agree on that either, and I've since decided it's due to having a much smaller audience. lol Logically, if no one watches or understands what you're saying in the first place, no one can debate the meaning of what you've said.

Edited by krimimimi

I think by the time she actually posted the video, a lot of exclusive information she had, had already been released. The WWW shop and HE sets were leaked after she originally announced her video so, if she had uploaded it then, it would have been new information. Guessing minifigures is fine in most videos, but not appropriate in news/set update videos imo. I had to rewatch to double check which minifigures she was announcing vs. speculating.

Official pictures in May seems to be our reality as of now. However, I can't imagine that pictures of at least one set doesn't leak early.

13 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

My impression from the way the speak about it is they know there is supposed to be a mine cart, some tracks, which somehow go "down" / "below", and that Gringotts is supposed to be compatible to DA, although they can't quite reconcile that statement with the other information.

I don't see so many ways to reconcile the two statements than imagining a detachable Gringotts with an upper part compatible with Diagon Alley (even if, likely, put on a plate and not on a baseplate; so dimension compatibiliy, not really attachable to Diagon Alley) and a lower part with vaults and tracks. This way, one can decide to put Gringotts upper part near Diagon Alley or keep the entire set as a stand alone one. Someone manage to think at other ideas? Sensable ideas, I mean, cause in theory you can make a single floor Gringotts, with vaults and track in the rear and a very small slope for tracks, but I wouldn't call it a sensable idea :laugh:.

I didn't get anything in the way of definite new details out of her video other than the wand thing.  She basically reiterated the names of the sets & current suggested rrp.  Everything else she said was pure speculation from what I could tell based on the wording she used.  And the long winded gripe about being wrong about the Knight bus was totally unnecessary.  I'm finding her videos to be a total waste of my time as she's never sure about the details she's spouting regarding anything she is reporting.  I get that they have embargos but I'm sick of all the teasers that are really still just speculation.  Why, just so they can say they "guessed" correctly once the embargo gets lifted?  Also she said absolutely nothing in regards to whether or not the Dobby set would include a minifig so I don't know why someone earlier said the set definitely won't.