Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

@Axxe90, no worries. Mileage varies. I took the attempt to recollect Gringotts not as an attempt to recall the lego set so much as to recall the layout of the building itself from the movies. As with the effort to remember the Hogsmeade Station, they don't seem as familiar with the source material so much as the stuff they've researched for their articles (they can't say if a thing is ever shown (Christian), and even knowing it appeared (Max), they don't know in which film(s); a viewer answered that for the station).

Sorry, the "should" came with the final question (35:11) as to compatibility with DA. ("Aber das hast du ja grad gesagt." "Yap." "Es sollte, es sollte passen, na?" "Ich glaub' auf jeden Fall. Also das wär' ziemlich dumm, äh, wenn sie das nicht machen würden..."... "Für den Preis, bitte passend machen." ... "Ich hoffe, daß sich die Designer da zumindest mal ein Paar Kommentare der Fans dann durchgelesen haben und das ins Design haben einfließen lassen." While I'd agree it would be an odd choice not to make it fit, and you can safely make that statement in any event, "I think" and "I hope the designers listened to the fans" don't sound like knowing for me.)

Plus, as Gringotts is a D2C we're expecting late summer / autumn, I'd be very surprised if Max (or Niki) had seen it. But either way it's pinning a lot on a few words, and with a little patience, we'll have the answers in time. 

I do agree they must have seen pictures of some of the rest from the summer, though... Hopefully there will be much less of a wait for that. 

9 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Sorry, the "should" came with the final question (35:11) as to compatibility with DA. ("Aber das hast du ja grad gesagt." "Yap." "Es sollte, es sollte passen, na?" "Ich glaub' auf jeden Fall. Also das wär' ziemlich dumm, äh, wenn sie das nicht machen würden..."... "Für den Preis, bitte passend machen." ... "Ich hoffe, daß sich die Designer da zumindest mal ein Paar Kommentare der Fans dann durchgelesen haben und das ins Design haben einfließen lassen." While I'd agree it would be an odd choice not to make it fit, and you can safely make that statement in any event, "I think" and "I hope the designers listened to the fans" don't sound like knowing for me.)

As someone who's starting their minor studies in German, I'm rather grateful for this discussion :D On another note, I'm getting a bit anxious about Gringott's because I'm split whether or not I want it to be compatible with DA. On the one hand, I've been waiting for the centre piece of DA, but on the other, I really don't want to spend that much on it. Nor do I want/need the underground section. Part of me wishes it isn't compatible with DA and therefore an easy pass... The rest of the wave sounds like an easy skip for me, as I don't collect Hogwarts stuff or buildable creatures. The minifigures could be interesting, though. Part of me is a bit annoyed (as selfish as it is) that they are making a new WWW as it probably has repeats or even better versions of the twins. At least cloaked Lockhart, Fortesque, and the photographer should stay exclusive to that set.

22 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

*sad maxifig noises*

It was weird there as I said at the time but at least with the maxifigs I get wanting a male and female character but also not wanting to increase the price to include Ron. With basic minifigures in sets though there’s really not much of an excuse. It’s not like Ron and Hermione were separated for a large chunk of it or anything, if we’ve got one we should have the other. 

Theres a lot of stuff I miss and took for granted with the 2018-2020 iteration of this theme (like castle builds always having one complete wall) and the Ron/Hermione balance is one of those things. Not a huge problem when we’ve at least got the relevant variants somewhere but it’s definitely annoying when it comes to stuff like this and we’re stuck with a 2/3rds complete battle of Hogwarts trio. 

According to Brick Clicker the BOH-set will feature the Clock Tower and will include minifigures of Neville, Harry, Molly, McGonnagal, Bellatrix, Voldemort and Scabior. 

The Expecto Patronus will feature Harry's stag ánd also Lupin's Wolf patronus

@Brick Clicker updated us on 3 sets in his newest video:

1. Battle of Hogwarts set comes with 7 minifigs (Harry, Neville, Molly, McGonagall, Voldy, Bellatrix, and Scabior). The main build is the Clock Tower.

2. Expecto Patronum set is a buildable stag patronus and a buildable wolf patronus. Comes with Harry and Lupin minifigs.

3. Quidditch trunk is pretty much what we expected. It’s a trunk with the 3 quidditch posts build. Comes with Harry, Draco, and parts to make minifigs for all 4 houses.

That’s all the new info we were given for now.

The Quidditch trunk will be simular to the trunk we saw last year with pieces from each house to make your own students and Harry and Draco should be included. Also three goal-post should be in the trunk ones it is opened up. 

Edit: as also said above.

Edited by mark1991t

@doclord

This is Scabior. He was one of the death eaters that chased the trio in DH1 and brought them to Malfoy Manor.

7f6b7b90d2e756b3866a6d2f07808dd1.jpg

Edited by mark1991t

I hope the quiditch trunk will include the 4 different capes from all houses.

And I hope the battle of hogwarts set does come with a wooden bridge play feature or small gatehouse / entrance because the set includes Neville and Scabior.

Edited by Bricknificent

Excellent! Glad this further confirms @bRICKbRAT’s information :thumbup: Also, nice to see that McGonagall is also included! Fingers crossed for some statues :excited:

Also also, they need to reuse Bellatrix’ CMF faceprint here. I don’t want to see the Mantis one again :tongue:

It'll be nice to see Molly in a set that isn't the Burrow or Diagon Alley. McGonagall's inclusion makes me hope the statues that come to life are included as well. 

I'm a little confused as to why they're remaking the Clock Tower especially since the Hospital Wing already featured the clock. If they're meant to combine so the clock from the Hospital Wing can stack onto this tower portion, that's great, and I'd like to see a pendulum as well, but I can't imagine the Battle of Hogwarts set would only feature the lower portion of the Clock Tower minus the actual clock. I guess we'll have two clocks now in the modular build.

And of course, they only included 3 Quidditch posts in the Quidditch trunk so that you'll feel obligated to pick up two trunks to make a full Quidditch pitch. I just hope they retained the white legs for the Quidditch uniforms and include matching capes, since the Cho polybag had different color legs and no cape.

Pleased to hear Scabior is in the pipeline, ditto (black dress) McGonagall, but 2/7 being a repeat of the AC, and vice versa, is something of a let down, and we've already seen one Clock Tower in the 2021+ modular series. This is supposed to be the third since the reboot? And still no Bell Towers? I can't figure them out. 

Also, what do they have against Ginny? We've seen fewer Ginnys than Lunas since the reboot, and she was in half the books / films.

Edited by krimimimi

3 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Also, what do they have against Ginny? We've seen fewer Ginnys than Lunas since the reboot, and she was in half the books / films.

Luna's a lot more popular with the fandom and casual audiences, both with book fans and movie fans. When it comes to Harry Potter merchandise, she's one of the first characters to get her own unique merchandise whereas I very rarely see Ginny get that attention. Even Ron doesn't get a lot of merchandise anymore compared to the early days of the movies. I remember reading once that the best-selling character wands belong to Harry, Hermione, Dumbledore, Snape, Voldemort, Luna and maybe Draco as well.

Another factor is that Ginny's only distinguishing trait, besides being Harry's canon love interest and a Weasley, is her red hair. In contrast Luna has her trademark blonde hair, butterbeer cork necklace, radish earrings, spectrespecs, Gryffindor lion hat, connection to Thestrals, and the Quibbler. She also has an identifiable patronus with the rabbit and her pink outfit from HBP (the one with the spectrespecs) is an iconic look that isn't just the generic Hogwarts uniform. Luna was also designed as the anti-Hermione so most fans can relate to either Hermione or Luna whereas Ginny never had much of a personality.

14 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I'm a little confused as to why they're remaking the Clock Tower especially since the Hospital Wing already featured the clock. If they're meant to combine so the clock from the Hospital Wing can stack onto this tower portion, that's great, and I'd like to see a pendulum as well, but I can't imagine the Battle of Hogwarts set would only feature the lower portion of the Clock Tower minus the actual clock. I guess we'll have two clocks now in the modular build.

I suspect it's actually supposed to be the Great Hall entrance, which has a clock, and they've just mistaken it for the clock tower.

12 minutes ago, strangely said:

I suspect it's actually supposed to be the Great Hall entrance, which has a clock, and they've just mistaken it for the clock tower.

Good thinking. Let's hope that's the case. It could give us the courtyard where Voldemort and Harry duel as well which would make more sense than the clock tower which I don't remember being featured in any pivotal scenes in Deathly Hallows.

So for the set, we'll have the match ups of Harry vs. Voldemort, Neville vs. Scabior, and Molly vs. Bellatrix.  Hopefully the report just missed a brickbuilt giant or spider for McGonagall to fight (and ideally a couple knight statues to back her up)

It’s interesting that we’re apparently getting Lupin’s wolf patronus despite the fact that it’s one of the only known ones that we never actually see in the books or movies. Lupin canonically holds back from conjuring a corporeal patronus because he’s afraid that a wolf is a little too obvious. 

It’s clear that they’re going for a whole teacher/student patronus lesson since they decided to do two buildable creatures instead of one, but it’s interesting that they went with pairing Harry with Lupin instead of any of a number DA members he teaches the spell to who actually do cast a corporeal patronus ‘on screen’ as it were. 

It’s crazy that the only things I’m really interested in this wave are two mini figures being Scabior and Rita Skeeter. 

7 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

the clock tower which I don't remember being featured in any pivotal scenes in Deathly Hallows.

The exploding bridge on which Scabior chases Neville, ends (or begins) at the Clock Tower Courtyard.

Just now, mark1991t said:

The exploding bridge on which Scabior chases Neville, ends (or begins) at the Clock Tower Courtyard.

Then maybe that's why they chose the Clock Tower for the set if it really is that and not the Great Hall entrance.

@JeanGreyForever, good points about Luna, and somewhat ironic given I prefer her to Ginny as well. I think the films ruined her character somewhat for me, and the Oedipal complex her relationship with Harry suggests always made me somewhat uncomfortable. I assume some of the designers felt the same or they wouldn't have used the same hair piece for Lily Potter and Epilogue!Ginny. :tongue:

Still last year saw the appearance of every Weasley ever made, including the new addition of Percy, except Ginny, and here we seem poised for Molly, Fred and George, Ron will surely be included somewhere as well, and still no word on Ginny. I guess there's always the chance of a return to form with the AC complimenting the BoH set...

@Accio Lego, perhaps it's Lupin's foggy Patronus. :laugh: More seriously, is there any chance of a vignette of the scene where he teaches Harry to cast one based on what was said?

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Excellent! Glad this further confirms @bRICKbRAT’s information :thumbup: Also, nice to see that McGonagall is also included! Fingers crossed for some statues :excited:

Also also, they need to reuse Bellatrix’ CMF faceprint here. I don’t want to see the Mantis one again :tongue:

Thanks 

I wasn’t told about McGonagall but im so excited to get her black dress version.