Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

For me, it‘s the minifigs. The more I think about it, the less likely an interesting selection becomes, though.

• Gringotts actually cannot offer that much beside goblins, Hermione polyjuiced as Bellatrix, and Dragomir Despard. Maybe Bill, if we‘re really lucky. 
  • The BoH is rather limited too since we already have all of the relevant combatants. Ron and Scabior, perhaps? Masked Death Eaters can pretty much be ruled out too. 
  • HE: no idea. New version of Hagrid maybe?
  • WWW: better Lavender
  • Quidditch trunk: Lee Jordan?

I think you're right about Gringotts, although there are also the human guards who could make an appearance. For the others... 

BoH: obviously there are loads of teacher, death eater and student varients, but just for new figures there are Narcissa Malfoy, Katie Bell, Bill Weasley, the Carrows, Romilda Vane, Leanne and Scabior, not to mention the statues and giants (if you include them) 

HE: second Trolley Witch, more HE crew (not one figure locked in a £450 set!), updated Hagrid and loads of options for the students. 

WWW: Cormac McLaggen, and as we got both Flumes in Honeydukes, perhaps Verity could be included.

Quidditch Trunk: hoping for the last variant of Hooch to go along with Lee, however it's more likely to be an updated Quidditch version. 

14 hours ago, bRICKbRAT said:

When people think of Gringotts they usually think about the Mine Carts and Dragon. 

LEGO would be foolish to leave out those two elements from the Gringotts D2C. 

Especially when the building would be so plain without those elements included. 

They could’ve easily included it without the dragon or mine-cart in the DA set, just like they did in 2011. Releasing Gringotts outside the DA they still probably could’ve gotten away with one set to go with the DA and a mine-cart set for the kids, including the dragon with whichever one they though would need an extra push. Like I said in my post though that time has passed since expectations grew after years of LEGO making us wait.

I’d bet on it being DH2 because this set needs to be the most Gringotts that has ever Gringotts’ed so they’ll have to include the dragon. Not to mention the dragon could help pad out the set more to make it worth the price. There’s also the rumored vault GWP which I think could easily be the PS vault, since that would work better as a small standalone than Bellatrix’s vault. 

12 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah, no new information then. Since we now know about all the sets, time for a year ranking:

• 6. 2021
  • 5. 2023
  • 4. 2019
  • 3. 2018
  • 2. 2022
  • 1. 2020

2023 could still rise in the ranks with the right minifig selection. Kinda doubtful tho

Very early to place 2023 for me but I’ll make a guess. 

6. 2021

5. 2023

4. 2018

3. 2022

2. 2019

1. 2020

10 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Gringotts actually cannot offer that much beside goblins, Hermione polyjuiced as Bellatrix, and Dragomir Despard. Maybe Bill, if we‘re really lucky. 

Gringotts is on Diagon Alley and I assume they will include some kind of cobbled path around it like they did with the DA. That leaves room for them to potentially include some other characters walking around. I wouldn’t bet on it or expect anything but I also wouldn’t completely rule it out. 

17 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Apparently the 65€ set named Expecto Patronum is a... buildable Patronus :jollyroger:

What a joke.

Pretty expected since the last 3 summer waves included buildable creatures and last year’s was even upgraded to being in the main wave instead of an exclusive. 

Now that we know what everything is, it makes 2022’s semi-return to form seem like an accident. Gringotts is the only set I’m properly looking forward to, although including the Second Task set puts this year above 2021’s single good set. While I hate the idea of buying sets for figures the ROR does tempt me by finally including DH2 variants and Zabini, who was my one niche character I really wanted. Fingers crossed that the Hogwarts battle not only has a couple interesting figures (I’d class a Neville repeat as interesting since I didn’t bother with the advent calendar so there’s a freebie) but a semi coherent build without for example every window design that designers can come up with or an entire room dedicated to a nondescript sink no one can figure out even months later. 

Personally I would just like a Diagon Alley-compatible Gringotts bank with maybe a couple of vaults even if not underground.  I'm mostly just desperate to add the missing centrepiece to Diagon Alley and in that regard really not fussed about the dragon or mines.  Although I think they'd make a great standalone set.  No reason we can't get everything combined though - LEGO has had several years to work it out!

Buildable patronus sounds fun and is an easy skip for me thankfully.

Piece counts for WWW and HE are a bit concerning at their price points as I don't think there can be that many large/new pieces.

I was thinking the other day that the new Room of Requirement is actually really decent value for the number of parts and the fact it has 5 new minifigures and a few new pieces for the fiend fyre serpent and the door.

The buildable Patronus is most likely a Stag or Doe. I imagine it will have a light brick featured to glow bright in the dark. I have always passed on the buildable creatures and probably will again, but it has potential to be pretty cool. I'll have to wait and see, but if they follow it up in 2024 with a buildable dementor, I may have to grab the set for display ;)

On 4/2/2023 at 5:47 AM, MaxHeadroom said:

Back in 2020 they maybe planned on saving Gringotts as it’s own thing for later and figured they could wait a few years and string collectors along for awhile. Then they realized they wanted to do this new playscale DA line and now have to finally finish what they started because collectors would (rightfully) be pissed if they bought a $400 setup and it was forever missing the most important part. 

So I was in a talk a few years ago with the guy who did the original sketch model for Diagon Alley. He said that the reason they didn't include Gringotts was Gringotts would be the easiest one to pitch as a standalone set, the others would not get made if they weren't part of the Alley. 

14 minutes ago, GlacierPhoenix said:

[…] the others would not get made if they weren't part of the Alley. 

*stares daggers at upcoming standalone WWW set* :jollyroger:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That one I always figured would come as a standalone but the other buildings likely wouldn't. THere's enough play features that they could fit into WWW to make it appropriate for a set, Ollivanders and the other 2 shops though don't have that fun aspect. 

9 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I wonder if they'd include characters like Lupin and Tonks in the BoH set, since even though they do die we never actually see them die onscreen. 

Seems like it’s Good Guys Vs Villains In that set…so three Heroes and three villains. 

7 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

They could’ve easily included it without the dragon or mine-cart in the DA set, just like they did in 2011. Releasing Gringotts outside the DA they still probably could’ve gotten away with one set to go with the DA and a mine-cart set for the kids, including the dragon with whichever one they though would need an extra push. Like I said in my post though that time has passed since expectations grew after years of LEGO making us wait.

I’d bet on it being DH2 because this set needs to be the most Gringotts that has ever Gringotts’ed so they’ll have to include the dragon. Not to mention the dragon could help pad out the set more to make it worth the price. There’s also the rumored vault GWP which I think could easily be the PS vault, since that would work better as a small standalone than Bellatrix’s vault. 

I completely agree with you! 

They could have simplified Gringotts if they included it in the original DA.

However this D2C seems to be centered around just Gringotts and LEGO would probably throw everything and the kitchen sink into this set. 

We are getting a WWW set outside of DA so it’s possible that we will eventually get a Mine cart set or Dragon escape set in the distant future. 

3 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

Seems like it’s Good Guys Vs Villains In that set…so three Heroes and three villains. 

Thank you for confirming. I am a little surprised there aren't more minifigures than that. I hope whatever castle section is included is significant enough and not just empty rooms.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Can't wait for them to finally release The Leaky Cauldron, Eyelops, Madam Malkin's and any other shops that we all wanted in 2020... as playsets that don't fit with the existing Diagon Alley at all :laugh_hard:

@krimimimi + @bRICKbRAT Thank you!! And it's never too early - already have a bath time Duplo as his first set. Can't wait to share my HP sets from 2001-now with him that are currently in boxes (by which time they'll be super vintage :laugh_hard:)! 

2 hours ago, bRICKbRAT said:

My current prediction is Harry, Ron, McGonagall, Voldemort, Scabior, and Narcissa.  Hopefully there's some buildable statues, and perhaps a spider and giant included.

1 hour ago, spiderfan2000 said:

My current prediction is Harry, Ron, McGonagall, Voldemort, Scabior, and Narcissa.  Hopefully there's some buildable statues, and perhaps a spider and giant included.

Narcissa doesn't really fight in the Battle of Hogwarts though. Her most significant scene is in the Forbidden Forest and then when she calls for Draco to come join her and Lucius when the Malfoys leave. I feel like they might reuse Bellatrix and Neville.

1 minute ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Narcissa doesn't really fight in the Battle of Hogwarts though. Her most significant scene is in the Forbidden Forest and then when she calls for Draco to come join her and Lucius when the Malfoys leave. I feel like they might reuse Bellatrix and Neville.

And Luna Lovegood wasn't even in the series until the 5th film/book, yet appears in the Chamber of Secrets set...

1 minute ago, sammy_zammy said:

And Luna Lovegood wasn't even in the series until the 5th film/book, yet appears in the Chamber of Secrets set...

She was a student in that time period though and one of Ginny's peers. Not to mention she was a Ravenclaw and so was Lockhart and the set heavily emphasized his class. Narcissa was never an official Death Eater and never actually fought in the Battle of Hogwarts. 

1 hour ago, spiderfan2000 said:

My current prediction is Harry, Ron, McGonagall, Voldemort, Scabior, and Narcissa.

Imagining a courtyard scene based set, Neville (and Nagini) would be a better choice than Ron. And considering Scabior main role is in the wooden bridge scene, Neville would be a better pair for him.

It's true that Narcissa's main role in the battle is in the Forbidden Forest, but LEGO could easily put her there anyway. By the way, I think Bellatrix is a more iconic enemy in the saga than Narcissa so I see Bella more probable than her sister.

Just now, JeanGreyForever said:

Narcissa was never an official Death Eater and never actually fought in the Battle of Hogwarts. 

Big deal, she was still there, she was in the courtyard.

1 minute ago, sammy_zammy said:

Big deal, she was still there, she was in the courtyard.

Not for the actual battle part. The set is called the Battle of Hogwarts after all and we don't even know if the courtyard is going to be represented. By that logic, there are about hundreds of other characters who were "also there" but had more significant roles. 

39 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Not for the actual battle part. The set is called the Battle of Hogwarts after all and we don't even know if the courtyard is going to be represented. By that logic, there are about hundreds of other characters who were "also there" but had more significant roles. 

Like... Luna Lovegood who was "also there" in the 2nd film, in the sense she happened to be in the school at the time as you stated? I don't see how Narcissa makes any less sense than her.

Edited by sammy_zammy

I imagine the BoH will include the Dark Lord and Harry for sure. In the film the final battle was in the courtyard, so I’m guessing that will be the location. Neville and Nagini or McGonagall with a Knight would fit. An acromantula, Giant, Aberforth, or Hagrid are all options as well. We would be able to play out a few different scenes.

There’s a chance it could be the Great Hall. In that case Snape vs. McGonagall and Bellatrix vs. Mrs. Weasley would be good options.

Considering we already got the BoH Neville variant in the 2022 advent calendar, would LEGO include a minifigure that was introduced in an advent calendar in a set (does that have precedent?), or would they find some way to make a set version different?  That's the main thing making me question if he'll be included.  

1 hour ago, sammy_zammy said:

Like... Luna Lovegood who was "also there" in the 2nd film, in the sense she happened to be in the school at the time as you stated? I don't see how Narcissa makes any less sense than her.

Luna was a student for an entire year at Hogwarts during the events of the Chamber of Secrets. Narcissa was in the Forbidden Forest waiting with Voldemort and Bellatrix for most of the Battle of Hogwarts. They don't even go to the castle until the next morning when Voldemort thinks Harry is dead. And she's only there at the entrance of the courtyard up until Harry wakes up and then she leaves. There's a huge difference in contexts there. And once more, Narcissa doesn't even fight at the Battle of Hogwarts. Lucius would also make as little sense as Narcissa for that matter.