Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

53 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Voldemort is bound to come in the battle of hogwarts set. Gold figure aside we haven’t seen him since 2019 have we? There are probably a lot of kids who got into collecting in the last few years that are without Voldemorts.

Well he was in the advent calendar last year.

2 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Voldemort is bound to come in the battle of hogwarts set. 

Well yeah, we’ve known that a new version of Voldemort was coming for awhile because of the censored activity book covers that turned up. There’s been speculation about a summer Battle of Hogwarts set since then, simply because there aren’t many Voldemort variants and the activity books were clearly featuring something other than the black robed version from the Rise of Voldemort set. The recent Promobricks list just confirmed those suspicions and give us a fairly healthy price point to have high hopes for. 

9 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

The Everyone is Awesome set is by far one of the least complex sets I’ve ever bought (just stacking bricks and placing tiles) and that was 18+. Subject material doesn’t completely determine the recommended age but neither does complexity. Subject matter and complex generally increase the age range but it’s a not a rule that can be used definitely. Both can factor into the decision but at the end of the day it’s based on what market LEGO wants to target. 

Usually complexity of LEGO sets increases with the age range, but you can find exceptions.

It's 18+ because it's more of a collector's item. It's not something you'd buy asa birthday gift for a 9-year-old kid. It's supposed to be used for display purposes only, and that's why it's not suggested to children.

I am rewatching the scene where the Ukranian Ironbelly smashed through the roof of Gringotts and realize: Gringotts is HUGE. I stupidly never really paid attention the glass dome it smashes out of that it is NOT the same dome it sits on at Universal Orlando. SO, I want both domes please, TLG!

2 hours ago, joeee said:

I am rewatching the scene where the Ukranian Ironbelly smashed through the roof of Gringotts and realize: Gringotts is HUGE. I stupidly never really paid attention the glass dome it smashes out of that it is NOT the same dome it sits on at Universal Orlando. SO, I want both domes please, TLG!

I think LEGO would base Gringotts on the film version and not Universal. However, I would like them to take some inspiration from the ride like including a Bill Weasley minifig. 

7 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

So thats 5 figures already, which doesn’t leave more than another 4-5 if we’re being generous. I wouldn’t really get hopes up for the Carrows but who knows.

You‘re right, they can’t really get around those 5, unless there‘s another set based on the BoH coming in the summer. While I like your idea, 4-5 additional minifigs sounds way too generous for a $85 set :tongue:

2-3 seems more realistic to me. Probably a bad guy (Dementor, Death Eater, or Bellatrix), a student (Seamus, Luna) and an OotP member (Molly, Lupin, or Kingsley)

10 hours ago, karrit said:

And the upcoming Quidditch themed Polybag $4.99 for us in the US. 

Oh yes! The polybags never seem to release for sale here in the UK (or at least I've never seen them) and they always end up as a bonus freebie alongside the HP Gift With Purchase so hopefully the same will happen this year with the Vault GWP and the Quidditch poly.

Oh, I've found the US prices for DOTS: 

41808 Hogwarts Accessories Multipack - £12.99
41809 Hedwig Pencil Holder £17.99
41811 Hogwarts Desk Kit - £44.99

So the total UK estimate for this year is: £1,308.79.

Edited by NostalgicBricks

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

You‘re right, they can’t really get around those 5

Well, fingers crossed they'll leave out Hermione and Neville (we obviously can't avoid a repeat of Harry). I really need DH II Ron but in the courtyard scene he's just standing like a spare part (a bit like his portrayal throughout several of the films), but I don't see where else he'd fit. Unless they're introducing a new hair mold for Hermione, then I'd welcome a repeat of her. 

On the topic of Voldemort, I hope they don't waste a new torso and skirt printing on him. Repeating the same torso and unprinted skirt from the AC is fine. Perhaps even reuse the head-print from the Rise of Voldemort if it's still around (as it was on a keyring not long ago). For collectors who care about leg printing, you can easily get the CMF version cheap online - and I don't think kids will care too much about that.

1 hour ago, NostalgicBricks said:

On the topic of Voldemort, I hope they don't waste a new torso and skirt printing on him. Repeating the same torso and unprinted skirt from the AC is fine.

Exactly! I‘d rather they give Bellatrix a new skirt print instead :thumbup:

1 hour ago, NostalgicBricks said:

Perhaps even reuse the head-print from the Rise of Voldemort if it's still around (as it was on a keyring not long ago).

That would work very well, considering this particular print was mostly likely based on his meme-y facial expression from DH in the first place. At least I don‘t remember him having a shit-eating grin like that in GoF :laugh_hard:

589cde9d8275e828008b4ae4?width=700

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

You‘re right, they can’t really get around those 5

You say this, but I'll remind you that when they finally released an Infirmary in the Clock Tower, they did so without a Pomfrey. I'm not sure our logic applies. 😆

I won't complain too much, though. I prefer when they give us more variety and don't use the same few characters in all sets, even if that means having to bricklink the gaps. 

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

You say this, but I'll remind you that when they finally released an Infirmary in the Clock Tower, they did so without a Pomfrey. I'm not sure our logic applies. 😆

It‘s kind of the opposite problem here :grin: Including a desirable character because it makes sense is FAR less likely to happen than including a repeat character that equally makes sense. Costs overtrump logic :laugh: The DH Hermione and Neville minifigs already exist, so throwing them in here is super easy, barely an inconvenience :tongue: 

Not that I want them to do that, but they probably won‘t be able to resist

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

While I like your idea, 4-5 additional minifigs sounds way too generous for a $85 set :tongue:

Considering we just got a $100 set with 10 figures (9 of them new) featuring tons of new prints and an unprinted statue I think 9 figures for this $85 set (considering Harry, Hermionie, and Neville if included are repeats) is definitely possible. I’m personally expecting less but I could see anything between 6-9 figures. 

12 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:
22 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Usually complexity of LEGO sets increases with the age range, but you can find exceptions.

Yes, that was my point and what I said. Lego marking the expecto patronum set as 14+ does not necessarily mean it’s more complex than other sets, only that it’s intended for an older audience.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The DH Hermione and Neville minifigs already exist, so throwing them in here is super easy, barely an inconvenience :tongue:

Repeating figures is tight. :laugh_hard:

For Voldemort, personally I would like to see more of an angry, screaming or worried face, like during the final battle. Or even a face that's crumbling away, maybe printed on a transparent headpiece.

A crumbling away face for Voldermort would be really cool actually. Something similar to Salazar maybe. 

22 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

A crumbling away face for Voldermort would be really cool actually. Something similar to Salazar maybe. 

If Voldemort wasn't bald, they could easily do that. I just think having this as his only facial expression in the set would be pretty weird. Unless they include two heads of course :thumbup:

15 hours ago, Tariq j said:

That's funny, I thought for a moment you meant Salazar Slytherin, as he appeared with the microscale Hogwarts.

Then I remembered Captain Salazar from Pirates of the Caribbean.

I actually think as part of the castle we might get the scene where Harry walks though the secret tunnel behind the paining.  I'm not sure what the exact location was in Hogwarts but it was a secret hold up I guess as they had hammocks as beds attached to the roof.  

54 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I actually think as part of the castle we might get the scene where Harry walks though the secret tunnel behind the paining.  I'm not sure what the exact location was in Hogwarts but it was a secret hold up I guess as they had hammocks as beds attached to the roof.  

That's the Room of Requirement he enters, and we're getting it in March but in a slightly different iteration, the Room of Hidden Things. They're from the almost exactly same time in the story. (They had to boot everyone from the room to be able to enter the other version.) Thanks to magic, there's one location with two very different sets of contents. Anyway I doubt they'll give us another version of the room this wave, especially as they're calling the RoHT set "RoR", and if you were doing that version as well, personally I'd emphasise the difference between them which that obviously fails to. It just goes with the better known catch all name.   

As one of the presently unknown sets from this summer, I'm hoping they might be giving us another Hogsmeade expansion, and that it might include the Hog's Head pub, which is the beginning of the tunnel to the RoR and where the portrait is located. (Like you, I enjoyed the scene with the tunnel. 😉) They could even work more students into the Hogsmeade end by making an OotP set of it as it's where they form the DA. But that's nothing more than a wish at this point. 

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

As one of the presently unknown sets from this summer, I'm hoping they might be giving us another Hogsmeade expansion, and that it might include the Hog's Head pub, which is the beginning of the tunnel to the RoR and where the portrait is located.

I wouldn’t be opposed to a Hogsmeade expansion, but I’m hoping for something else for the two unknown sets, especially at those price points :classic: Expansions that are larger than their precursors always strike me as a bit odd (even though that’s what Gringotts technically will be :snicker:)

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I wouldn’t be opposed to a Hogsmeade expansion, but I’m hoping for something else for the two unknown sets, especially at those price points :classic: Expansions that are larger than their precursors always strike me as a bit odd (even though that’s what Gringotts technically will be :snicker:)

It wouldn't necessarily have to be larger. 76422 ???? $89.99 | 834 pieces is still "unknown" and both of the previous Hogsmeade sets (76388 Hogsmeade Village Visit | 851 pieces and 76407 the Shrieking Shack and Whomping Willow | 777 pieces) retailed for $90 / 90 EUR / £80, so that's in the same range both in terms of piece counts and price. Not out of the question, at any rate. But at that price, I'd expect it to include more than just the Hog's Head. Possibly the Katie Bell scene, for a departure, or some other store, probably Puddifoot's with Harry and Cho.

TBF, Gringotts is larger. Making it the same size as Scribbulus would be a bold choice. 😆 (Especially as I still have a supply of those pitchforks somewhere... 😉)

It wouldn't necessarily have to be larger. 76422 ???? $89.99 | 834 pieces is still "unknown" and both of the previous Hogsmeade sets (76388 Hogsmeade Village Visit | 851 pieces and 76407 the Shrieking Shack and Whomping Willow | 777 pieces) retailed for $90 / 90 EUR / £80, so that's in the same range both in terms of piece counts and price. Not out of the question, at any rate. But at that price, I'd expect it to include more than just the Hog's Head. Possibly the Katie Bell scene, for a departure, or some other store, probably Puddifoot's with Harry and Cho.

I would say Zonko's is a good option as well. The Puking Pastilles in the shop window is especially pretty iconic.

[...] and both of the previous Hogsmeade sets (76388 Hogsmeade Village Visit | 851 pieces and 76407 the Shrieking Shack and Whomping Willow | 777 pieces) retailed for $90 / 90 EUR / £80

Huh, I thought 76388 was smaller than that. I stand corrected then :laugh:

Do we know if the Harry Potter Dots sets are due out in March, or are they being scrapped now that the Dots theme has been cancelled? 

10 minutes ago, Rolyat24 said:

Do we know if the Harry Potter Dots sets are due out in March, or are they being scrapped now that the Dots theme has been cancelled? 

They’re scheduled for March and thus among the final Dots products. Farewell :sadnew:

This topic is quiet. :sweet:

I'm busy getting hyped for Hogwarts Legacy but I'm still hoping for those HP DOTS pictures! (and some more leaks...)

Someone in the comments on PromoBricks is saying they expect this to be the final year of Lego HP to coincide with DOTS finishing. They better be wrong. :dsweet:

Edited by NostalgicBricks