Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

On 12/13/2023 at 9:26 AM, doclord said:

For what it's worth, user tandnbricks posted a video recently that may be teasing some future sets. One of these clips features Phantasm.

Maybe the figure was repurposed?

And about 10 hours ago he posted another little tease on his IG story of Mr. Freeze with the quote "My gift to you:".

So I think it's safe to say were getting a TAS Freeze minifigure. I thought the 2017 Juniors figure would be the closest we'd ever get to that design, but I'm not complaining in the slightest (especially since some of the best Mr. Freeze minifigures were based on his BTAS appearance like the 2006 version).

Edited by TheBatstan

6 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

So I think it's safe to say were getting a TAS Freeze minifigure. 

I wonder how LEGO will do the helmet; the TLBM armour piece would work, but it has long since been retired. The Mysterio fishbowl helmet is not accurate, but I could see them using it. 

6 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I wonder how LEGO will do the helmet; the TLBM armour piece would work, but it has long since been retired. The Mysterio fishbowl helmet is not accurate, but I could see them using it. 

I think it probably will be Mysterio's helmet since they already used it on the previous Mr. Freeze minifigure that came out in 2019. I could see them skipping the body armor again as well.

3 hours ago, wesker said:

I think it probably will be Mysterio's helmet since they already used it on the previous Mr. Freeze minifigure that came out in 2019. I could see them skipping the body armor again as well.

Probably, considering that it is DC. 😐

I just have to say it.. like everyone knows it and everything, but what in the world happened to Lego DC 😭😭

12 hours ago, TobyAis said:

I just have to say it.. like everyone knows it and everything, but what in the world happened to Lego DC 😭😭

You have to blame the MCU's success and the DCEU's failure for this. But TLG's turn on the classics such as the Burtonverse and BTAS is still a good thing (if handled well, of course...)

6 hours ago, Max_Lego said:

But TLG's turn on the classics such as the Burtonverse and BTAS is still a good thing (if handled well, of course...)

Exactly! 2024 is already looking better with the Gotham skyline and the other rumoured BTAS sets, and 2025 should bring the theme back in full swing with the release of Superman Legacy and The Batman II :thumbup: While I doubt we‘ll ever reach the theme‘s highest highpoints again, I can see the theme at least thrive if the DCU is a success!

Shouldn’t be that high of a bar to clear, since at this point, any set that includes more than just Batsy and the Joker can be considered a win :tongue: 

On 12/24/2023 at 1:26 PM, spiderfan2000 said:

After watching Aquaman 2, I'm a bit bummed out which about sums up every DC movie I've watched 

fixed that for you. Lol   :laugh:  

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

2025 should bring the theme back in full swing with the release of Superman Legacy and The Batman II

I don't know that Superman Legacy sets are a guarantee, nor any non-batman movie. Their MCU sets aren't all doing great, so I'm not sure lego's eager to throw tie-in sets on for a franchise that's really been struggling movie-wise.

16 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

fixed that for you. Lol   :laugh:  

dcEU movie. I'd legitimately put dark knight in the conversation for the top 10 movies of all time. 

We got some price points for the Spring 2024 sets to ring in the new year courtesy of mtdbricks on IG:

76270: $15

76272: $40

76273: $70

76274: $60

We know 76271 is the BTAS Gotham skyline and I think I remember one leaker saying 76272 was a 4+ Batwing. If that's the case, then the BTAS Batmobile will definitely be in the $60 or $70 set. And knowing our luck, 76270 is probably another 4+ set with the same Harley we've been getting for nearly 4 years now.

Edited by TheBatstan

I just hope we’ll get at least one new character out of these sets, but chances aren’t exactly great, admittedly. The core rogue’s gallery alone is more than these 5 sets can handle, unless they come with more figures than usual :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I just hope we’ll get at least one new character out of these sets, but chances aren’t exactly great, admittedly. The core rogue’s gallery alone is more than these 5 sets can handle, unless they come with more figures than usual :shrug_oh_well:

Joker and Batman will be the only two minifigures in all four of these sets.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hasn't Phantasm been hinted at by reliable sources?

Her and Mr Freeze have both been hinted at. Both were also included in the survey leak for the art set that now allegedly includes Catwoman instead.

Growing up in the 90's, I loved this version of Batman. Very much looking forward to these sets and trying to stay optimistic we get a wide range of characters. 

1 minute ago, BrickDalton said:

Growing up in the 90's, I loved this version of Batman. Very much looking forward to these sets and trying to stay optimistic we get a wide range of characters. 

Welcome to Eurobricks, but don't get your hopes up- I'd count anything more than Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn, and Robin in the non-skyline sets as a major win for the theme.

Actually, I think I'd count Robin as a win at this point. It's been what, 3 years since his last system set?

3 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Her and Mr Freeze have both been hinted at. Both were also included in the survey leak for the art set that now allegedly includes Catwoman instead.

I believe they've been hinted at since the leak alleging they were replaced, which gives me some hope they're still coming in one of the sets.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Welcome to Eurobricks, but don't get your hopes up- I'd count anything more than Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn, and Robin in the non-skyline sets as a major win for the theme.

Actually, I think I'd count Robin as a win at this point. It's been what, 3 years since his last system set?

Thanks! Good to be here. I hope if we are limited to those few characters, the sales are good enough for future releases. Just a ton of potential with the theme.

Was Robin's last appearance the smaller Freeze set? I still have that one put away. 

12 hours ago, BrickDalton said:

Was Robin's last appearance the smaller Freeze set? I still have that one put away. 

The last time he was in an actual set as opposed to taped on the front of a magazine was 2020, Joker's Trike Chase, also the last year we got a new character in Bronze Tiger.

11 hours ago, thephantasm said:

New batman adventures batgirl would be a w

Totally agree - since it's my absolute favourite version of the character. I even tried to recreate her from existing Lego parts - giving her medium legs and Marion Ravenwood's head worked nice to me. I even recreated the infamous "Over the edge" scene:

Lego The new Batman adventures - Over the edge

This photo gives a better view on the minifigure:

Lego DC - Gotham city protectors

But, as I said, a new, more accurate minifigure would be welcome