Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That said, a $45 set with 2 figs, much less one based on a movie with an abundance of notable heroes and villains, is absurd, and hopefully lego realizes that.

Narrator: They did not.

I’m fully counting on there only being two minifigs based on previous Batmobiles, but of course I’d welcome a third one with open arms :sweet:

I’m also still wondering what happened to that other delayed 2022 set (which seems to be based on DC). A second set based on The Flash can probably be ruled out, as we would’ve heard about it by now. Aquaman perhaps? Certainly would’ve preferred another Flash set

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

If I'm not mistaken, that's literally just the mighty micros flash's head on the 2014 Flash figure with the dual molded red/yellow legs added on.

In other words, it's literally a collection of existing parts. This is not real. It doesn't even try to photoshop a new print or anything like most fake leaks. Honestly not impressed with this guy. Even that 442nd trooper fake leaker had the decency to alter the colors of his.

1/10 should have been a fake leak of Klarion the Witch boy.

It’s not. I wouldn’t have thought it was real for that either, but the torso is actually different. You can tell because the lightning bolt on the Flash symbol has two rungs instead of three, like Wally’s symbol as opposed to Barry’s.

8 hours ago, Nylock said:

As much as I wish it was, it’s fake. Check out his first story closely, and you can see where he uses a paper decal on the torso (and even on the head too it seems).

Yeah, I can see that now too. That settles it. 

That Wally West Flash is probably fake. But that said, it looks a bit too clean for paper decal. And it’s not existing parts either.

I’m not betting on a surprise Hall of Justice mind you, but I’m not ruling out that the figure might be legitimate, especially with all the crazy leaks we’ve gotten recently.

The Penguin looks so good. Cannot wait for it to drop!! Definitely not getting sets for that series, but I’m glad we at least have penguin as a minifig.

The flash clip from the stream also looked really good, Keaton looks like he’s in great shape! Hope we really do get the set in 3 weeks.

Edited by Nylock

On 4/10/2023 at 8:23 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Narrator: They did not.

I’m fully counting on there only being two minifigs based on previous Batmobiles, but of course I’d welcome a third one with open arms :sweet:

I’m also still wondering what happened to that other delayed 2022 set (which seems to be based on DC). A second set based on The Flash can probably be ruled out, as we would’ve heard about it by now. Aquaman perhaps? Certainly would’ve preferred another Flash set

I'm fully counting on at least 3 figures. But I'd be impressed if there were more than 5.

welp, i doubt we'll see spoiler-ish flas( characters, otherwise we wouldve gotten descriptions last year.

Does anyone know if the release date of the flash set has been pushed back to June 1st or is it still May 1st. I'm just asking since we sadly have not seen any leaked images of the set.

52 minutes ago, LegoDCfan536 said:

Does anyone know if the release date of the flash set has been pushed back to June 1st or is it still May 1st. I'm just asking since we sadly have not seen any leaked images of the set.

Right now, it’s still supposed to be releasing on May 1st. But I too wonder if it’s been pushed back, since we don’t have any info besides flash and yet to be seen Keaton figure. I’d really like to have just a basic set description, but let’s hope it really does release in a few weeks.

8 hours ago, BatDeanj said:

Do we think the new Batcave will beat the 2006 Batcave?

I mean, aren't you comparing a ucs set to a normal set?

10 hours ago, BatDeanj said:

Do we think the new Batcave will beat the 2006 Batcave?

It better had for that price 

I'd argue the 2006 batcave isn't even the best of our current batcaves, but even if you disagree, a $450 one HAS to be better than it. Lego's done some weird stuff recently, but there's no way they make a worse set for quadruple the price. 

^ The Hulkbuster has entered the chat.

The 2006 Batcave already felt pretty Burton-esque in its design (no surprise there considering at the time the Burton movies were the only movie related things Lego could take some inspiration from for the 2006 sets as the Nolan trilogy had only just started). Some of the areas of the '06 Batcave in particular looked like they were taken straight from Batman Returns, most notably the suit changing section that looked extremely similar to the costume vault, right down to the chains. The whole thing looked like an underground dungeon, especially with how the lower sections of the cave build used torches instead of going for a more hi-tech look like the 2012 Batcave later did with all the transparent blue 1x2 tiles to represent lights. 

Ever since the D2C Batcave was revealed to be the Returns Batcave, I've been expecting it to look like the 2006 Batcave on steroids and finally dethrone it as the best Batcave build. And for how much Lego is charging for it, it had better be.

Edited by TheBatstan

14 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

It better had for that price 

Stole the words right out if mouth! It's like 2000 pieces more then the 06 batcave,  this thing should scream buy me lol

I would imagine it’ll look the best aesthetically, with the cave backdrop. My only worry would be it looking empty. I’m sure they’ll be space to put the batmobile and batwing but after the computer and suit up place not sure what else there could be. If it’s based on returns I wonder if the suit up place would be like 6 of the same returns minifigures like in the movie with all the backup suits 😂

The main parts of the Batcave probably are;

Main computer 
Dock for Batboat (Batboat included) - Hopefully waterfall
Space for Boatmobile
Space for Batwing (probably vertical)
Bat suit Changer/Chamber (probably a few Batman variation figures, similar to how the flash trailer showed)
BatGear/workbench/medbay area
Entrance way/s
Platforms to get to each section

Just my guess who knows.

So I don't think it will be too empty...

I image there might be a penguin-mobile and jail section as that's common, but I'm unsure as there is no jail in the burton Batcave...

Just hope there's some images soon its just over a month away. 

Also Completely off topic.
I think I'm going to buy the Lego batman movie penguin as the leaked one don't look great and the Lego Batman Movie one is much better.
I'm really excited for this as I have loved Lego batman since 2008. However I never got the OG Batcave and only used the 2012 one from then on. 

Edited by BatDeanj

1 hour ago, rome00150 said:

So they just showed off a lot of Flash merch. Lego set was nowhere in sight. 

pretty concerning, they usually reveal with everything else, specifically remembering the thor 4 sets

2 hours ago, rome00150 said:

So they just showed off a lot of Flash merch. Lego set was nowhere in sight. 

Given LEGO’s history of spoiling villains and secret characters, wouldn’t surprise if they held off showing anything until later. Other toys can do this because it’s individual characters, vehicles than actual movie sets or play sets. 

6 minutes ago, eldiano said:

Given LEGO’s history of spoiling villains and secret characters, wouldn’t surprise if they held off showing anything until later. Other toys can do this because it’s individual characters, vehicles than actual movie sets or play sets. 

Other merchandise has already revealed the villain and all the other characters for quite some time now. Plus the set is supposed to come out in less than 2 weeks, I doubt they’d hold that off instead of getting a share in the marketing of the merch reveal.

3 minuti fa, Mandalorianknight ha detto:

Non credo che il set flash esca a maggio, e comincio a temere che potrebbe non essere rilasciato affatto.

Would Lego cancel a Burton batmobile when a Burton batwing and batcave are coming out?  that would be madness :-O