Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Well... The main problem is that most superhero movies since the infinity saga were just not very good and the Average Joe makes no difference between DC and Marvel. They need character arcs with the classic hero´s journey again. Flawed characters that become something great. It´s not that difficult. Then things should become fine pretty fast again. If they put Swamp thing in a movie with batman and made him in fact really good, people would like him.

I agree with some of your much wider points here (the recent marvel movies have been bad even compared to the worst of the infinity saga ones, the writers seem to have stopped using the hero's journey and "flawed hero becomes great", etc), but in regard to lego marvel and DC it's irrelevant. Marvel, regardless of the (lack of) quality in a lot of the recent stuff, still preforms better commercially than DC. The toys sell better, hence they make more. And the Average Joe knows which is which, as evidenced by the sales for a crappy marvel movie being far higher than that of an equally crappy DC movie.

Batman's the only DC character doing well at the moment, and while his stuff has been pretty quality (putting aside BvS and the Whedon Cut of JL), quality doesn't = more sets. (If so, we'd be getting more Nolan sets than Burton sets. I said it.) 

Sets based on some preschool spider-man cartoon or the latest marvel film to flop are gonna do better than sets based on higher-quality content because kids are more likely to recognize the former. DC is currently having the issue of most of it's stuff failing not only critically, but commercially, meaning even though kids are more likely to shrug off a movie fans didn't like, they still won't recognize the characters.

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

Its like a self fulfilling prophecy with Lego DC. They put absolutely no effort into the sets so we get repeated, weaker builds with no new characters or even variants! Then the crappy sets do not sell, and therefore Lego keeps putting low effort into DC because it does not sell! And the cycle continues.

THIS. As much as I'll stand by everything I said above, I still believe a batman-focused wave with a JL member in each set could do incredibly.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I said it.

Thank you.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

As much as I'll stand by everything I said above, I still believe a batman-focused wave with a JL member in each set could do incredibly.

I think they got carried away last time they tried it. I loved the increase in characters, but it was overkill somewhat, like the endless waves of TLBM sets. A Brave and the Bold wave marketed properly has better potential than seemingly thrown together sets. 

Anyone know if 'tandnbricks' on IG has been a reliable leaker in the past? Because they just did a Q&A about 5 hours ago and mentioned that the BTAS Gotham art set "isn't the only animated series set coming".

BTAS Batmobile, here we come?

21 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Anyone know if 'tandnbricks' on IG has been a reliable leaker in the past? Because they just did a Q&A about 5 hours ago and mentioned that the BTAS Gotham art set "isn't the only animated series set coming".

I could be wrong but I think he's been listed as a source for the some of the info shares by the likes of @Falconfan1414, so I'd imagine he's legit.

15 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I could be wrong but I think he's been listed as a source for the some of the info shares by the likes of @Falconfan1414, so I'd imagine he's legit.

So I guess I can possibly get my hopes up for potentially getting an updated black/white Two-Face minifigure after almost 18 years...before getting BTAS Joker shoved in every set instead. 

Edited by TheBatstan

16 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

I've obtained leaked listings for the next three sets:

BTAS Batmobile ($49.99): BTAS Batmobile with BTAS Batman (Type 3 cowl, looks exactly like the accessory pack batman otherwise except without the dual molding), BTAS Joker (new torso print, same face print, same hair as 2012-2020 lego joker)

BTAS Batwing ($39.99): BTAS Batwing with BTAS Batman (Type 3 cowl, looks exactly like the accessory pack batman otherwise except without the dual molding), BTAS Joker (new torso print, same face print, same hair as 2012-2020 lego joker)

BTAS Batmobile 4+ ($24.99): 4+ BTAS Batmobile with BTAS Batman (Type 3 cowl, looks exactly like the accessory pack batman otherwise except without the dual molding), BTAS Joker (new torso print, same face print, same hair as 2012-2020 lego joker)

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

BTAS Batmobile ($49.99): BTAS Batmobile with BTAS Batman (Type 3 cowl, looks exactly like the accessory pack batman otherwise except without the dual molding), BTAS Joker (new torso print, same face print, same hair as 2012-2020 lego joker)

BTAS Batwing ($39.99): BTAS Batwing with BTAS Batman (Type 3 cowl, looks exactly like the accessory pack batman otherwise except without the dual molding), BTAS Joker (new torso print, same face print, same hair as 2012-2020 lego joker)

BTAS Batmobile 4+ ($24.99): 4+ BTAS Batmobile with BTAS Batman (Type 3 cowl, looks exactly like the accessory pack batman otherwise except without the dual molding), BTAS Joker (new torso print, same face print, same hair as 2012-2020 lego joker)

I’ve got good news for anyone who wants a BtAS set without Joker. The fifth and final set is a buildable BtAS Batman figure.

1 minute ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

You actually got me for a solid 5-10 seconds! 

4e6c5676-e0ff-4d12-9cba-3ab20c03e18b_tex

10 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Wait a minute, this list is fake! 

I can tell because the 4+ Batmobile is cheaper than the one we got this year. 

1 hour ago, Rwbricks said:

Wait a minute, this list is fake! 

I can tell because the 4+ Batmobile is cheaper than the one we got this year. 

Ah, but I forgot to add the piece counts-

4+ Batmobile- 45 pieces

Batwing- 240 pieces

Batmobile- 352 pieces

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

You actually got me for a solid 5-10 seconds! 

What do you mean? This is my 100% accurate list! My source works at microsoft!

1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

I’ve got good news for anyone who wants a BtAS set without Joker. The fifth and final set is a buildable BtAS Batman figure.

Thank you for fixing my omission.

18 hours ago, DaleCooperFBI said:

Not sure if this is already known, but just seen that the polybag Keaton Batman is in the next DC magazine in Europe. What a cop 🔥 

Every 3rd megazine or so is a repeat minifguare,  I prefer the ba vehicles for the minifiguare to work with,  then the Microscale vehicles.  

2 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Every 3rd megazine or so is a repeat minifguare,  I prefer the ba vehicles for the minifiguare to work with,  then the Microscale vehicles.  

Sure, but it's a cheaper way to get what was once a very desirable figure, without the kinda unnecessary side-build from the poly bag. 

Marvel thread is all upset because they didn’t get everyone they wanted in their $500 Avengers Tower with 31 minifigures. Meanwhile, we’re all just hoping for someone besides Batman and Joker next year. 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Marvel thread is all upset because they didn’t get everyone they wanted in their $500 Avengers Tower with 31 minifigures. Meanwhile, we’re all just hoping for someone besides Batman and Joker next year. 🤣🤣🤣

LEGO: “What’s that? Did you say you want Harley Quinn?”

On 10/17/2023 at 12:15 PM, psqidexslizer said:

I mean, they have a point with their gripe about the quality of the figs. A lot of lack of printing for a $500 set, too many repeats, and the Kevin Feige thing is just weird. But yeah it's also odd to see people complain about the lack of some obscure Iron-Man variant or the need for a mini-fig sized Ant-Man.

15 minutes ago, NovaBricks said:

I mean, they have a point with their gripe about the quality of the figs. A lot of lack of printing for a $500 set, too many repeats, and the Kevin Feige thing is just weird. But yeah it's also odd to see people complain about the lack of some obscure Iron-Man variant or the need for a mini-fig sized Ant-Man.

Honestly, the figures look great. Not everyone needs to be covered in printing from head to toe. And most of the requests are characters that already exist in other sets.

46 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

TandNBricks did a Q&A on Instagram and said  that the art set isn't the only BTAS set coming.

37 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

I bet helmet or buildable figure :-P

Or a 4+ set reusing Batman and Joker from the skyline. 

41 minuti fa, Classic_Spaceman ha detto:

O un set 4+ che riutilizza Batman e Joker dallo skyline.

Real! How did I not think about it!!!??? :-D

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Or a 4+ set reusing Batman and Joker from the skyline. 

My guess would be the Batmobile and maybe a Batwing but that's it.

6 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

My guess would be the Batmobile and maybe a Batwing but that's it.

4+ Batmobile with Bats and Joker - $40 
4+ Batwing with Bats and Harley - $60 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman