Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

21 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You cannot confuse Goliath with Kang.

They look completely different colour-wise, which is the first thing you look at when you get your information from low-quality prelims.

They do look completely different, but Brick Clicker didn't "look" at the figures themselves. He was likely provided descriptions rather than pics; otherwise, he wouldn't have clarified not knowing whether She-Hulk would have long limbs or if Werewolf would be I color or not because he would've already seen them. He even mentions in his video responding to the leaked image from last week that Goliath was likely confused for Kang from the beginning.

Also, another thing I noticed: Storm, Moon Knight, and Agatha are all described as having capes in the CMF, while a cape for Kang was never mentioned, possibly because Goliath doesn't have a cape.

When there's the possibility that we were never going to get Kang in the first place, and we'll never find out the reason why he was switched if he was coming, I don't see the point in arguing a truth we'll never know. It's the Temple of Doom set all over again.

13 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I highly doubt they design backup minifigs in case one has to be removed from the roster. How likely is it that an actor goes completely ballistic? Granted, it happened twice recently, but it‘s still not something I would expect them to have contingency plans for :tongue:

To me, it‘s far more likely somebody confused Kang with Goliath. The Ant-Man accessory and the blue visor can‘t be coincidences, and Kang wouldn‘t have made such sense in an otherwise D+ laser-focussed series anyway.

I feel like it's not often we've got the same view on one of these things, so even though I don't have much to add I'll throw in my agreement. Imagine this, guys. Your source tells you one of the figs is "A guy with a blue visor and futuristic armor, holding an ant-man figurine". Who would your mind immediately go to?

What's more, it's definately possible Goliath has an alternate hair piece like T'challa- since a single microfig might be a bit lacking accessory wise-, in which case if the source saw a different image, we could even add onto it that it's "a black man who can swap between hair and a helmet with a blue visor."

Remember when we all thought we were getting a spider-captain america for series 1? This stuff happens, especially with characters we don't already know like the what if ones.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I feel like it's not often we've got the same view on one of these things, so even though I don't have much to add I'll throw in my agreement. Imagine this, guys. Your source tells you one of the figs is "A guy with a blue visor and futuristic armor, holding an ant-man figurine". Who would your mind immediately go to?

What's more, it's definately possible Goliath has an alternate hair piece like T'challa- since a single microfig might be a bit lacking accessory wise-, in which case if the source saw a different image, we could even add onto it that it's "a black man who can swap between hair and a helmet with a blue visor."

Remember when we all thought we were getting a spider-captain america for series 1? This stuff happens, especially with characters we don't already know like the what if ones.

I think this is particularly likely because Goliath as presented in the CMF hasn't shown up in the MCU yet and looks distinct from his comics version. So unless you were following the What If S2 rumors (which I personally wasn't), you wouldn't even know Goliath was a possibility. After seeing the leaked CMF, but before googling Goliath and seeing the Marvel Legends figure, I definitely thought it was Cassie Lang/Stature and the colors were just off 🤷🏼‍♂️

On 7/24/2023 at 11:59 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

True, but there‘s also a big issue with the timeframe. Thanks to the Potter S2 leak in 2020, we know that CMF series are finalised very early on. The finalised package design of that series already leaked in the middle of March. Assuming the Marvel series was also finished by March, I highly doubt they had enough time to replace a minifig at that point :shrug_oh_well:

Exactly, if they were to replace something in the package, they'd have to delay the release date.

15 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You cannot confuse Goliath with Kang.

They look completely different colour-wise, which is the first thing you look at when you get your information from low-quality prelims.

To be fair: We didn't knew about Goliath being a thing in What If until recently, no? So it's not like the leakers just couldn't tell them appart, is that they weren't expecting them not to be Kang.

And also we don't know what they saw exactly. Maybe a low res picture as the package, just like us (albeit earlier).

Like, don't take me wrong. I think it's possible they had another minifigure ready to go just in case, but I also think there's enough reasonable doubt to ponder if the leakers were just wrong/feed wrong info.

13 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This!!!

Excuse me if it has already been asked but when do we think we will see pics of the Avengers Tower?

Thanks

Edited by Albert with an A

5 hours ago, Albert with an A said:

Excuse me if it has already been asked but when do we think we will see pics of the Avengers Tower?

Thanks

It's coming in November, so probably sometime around mid-October.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Does Marvel/ X-men have an agreement with some other toy company that may prohibit Lego from producing an X-men only CMF, or battle pack?

I know we’re getting three X-men in the Marvel CMF, but I’m curious if Lego is prohibited in any way from producing minifigs only, the same way that they are limited with SW.

1 hour ago, hikouki said:

I know we’re getting three X-men in the Marvel CMF, but I’m curious if Lego is prohibited in any way from producing minifigs only, the same way that they are limited with SW.

You’ve answered your own question :laugh_hard: If they couldn’t release X-Men minifigs, they obviously wouldn’t be featured in S2

7 hours ago, hikouki said:

Does Marvel/ X-men have an agreement with some other toy company that may prohibit Lego from producing an X-men only CMF, or battle pack?

If you mean a minifigure series dedicated only to X-Men, they could do it.

It's just that they'd rather not, since a Marvel CMF will sell better than an X-Men CMF.

I wonder when we're going to get the official reveal for the minifig series. I checked my receipts from MinifigureMadness, and I had my first order of the Disney 100 series placed on March 3rd, and were released on May 1st - nearly two months early. Now, here we are, a few days away from August, and we still don't have anything yet. Hopefully I can get them ordered soon!

1 hour ago, JohnTPT17 said:

I wonder when we're going to get the official reveal for the minifig series. 

S1 was revealed exactly two years ago, so it’s only a matter of days until we get to see official pictures of S2 :classic: I’m sure MinifigureMaddness will accept pre-orders very soon thereafter

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

On 7/22/2023 at 10:57 AM, Legocentrico said:

From what I understand, together with Wolverine there is the head -which should be a standard head- and something to contain it (the translation was very strange). Instead, along with Beast and Storm, there are "pieces". It is not specified but I doubt if they are standard torso and legs. Right now I'm imagining a brick-build body with a minifigure head..

Is something like the Bionicle GWP too big for the box, or a possibility? On a smaller scale the Starfire robot from Dimensions and some Ninjago mech polybags come to my mind:

image.png.3548bce8188bb0a30d463b75d7c8e7ec.png

4 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Is something like the Bionicle GWP too big for the box, or a possibility? 

No way, an arm alone wouldnt fit in a CMF box

This is the worst time of the year, I see photos of people around the world finding the new sets in the shops. Instead here the shops will even put them out late compared to the release date :-p

16 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's just that they'd rather not, since a Marvel CMF will sell better than an X-Men CMF.

You're joking right? Most of the merchandise from Phase 4's biggest blockbuster films hasn't been selling even on clearance. We're talking about a CMF series comprised almost entirely of obscure D-list characters from divisive streaming shows that haven't had strong viewership numbers. Does anyone actually believe that Goliath, Echo, Kate Bishop, She-Hulk, Moon Knight, Werewolf by Night or Agatha have more mainstream appeal to the general public than the X-Men do? :laugh:

48 minuti fa, wesker ha detto:

Qualcuno crede davvero che Goliath, Echo, Kate Bishop, She-Hulk, Moon Knight, Werewolf by Night o Agatha abbiano un appeal più mainstream per il pubblico rispetto agli X-Men?:ride:

Yes, lego 

45 minutes ago, wesker said:

Does anyone actually believe that Goliath, Echo, Kate Bishop, She-Hulk, Moon Knight, Werewolf by Night or Agatha have more mainstream appeal to the general public than the X-Men do? :laugh:

Actually, yes. Even though the MCU shows haven’t been doing so well lately, I would say they’re currently still more in the public consciousness than the X-Men are. Their last movie was released 4 years ago and ended up being a huge flop and the only current projects are the continuation of a 90s cartoon and Deadpool 3, which will most likely be delayed :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, wesker said:

You're joking right? Most of the merchandise from Phase 4's biggest blockbuster films hasn't been selling even on clearance. We're talking about a CMF series comprised almost entirely of obscure D-list characters from divisive streaming shows that haven't had strong viewership numbers. Does anyone actually believe that Goliath, Echo, Kate Bishop, She-Hulk, Moon Knight, Werewolf by Night or Agatha have more mainstream appeal to the general public than the X-Men do? :laugh:

I meant that they'd make an actual Marvel series (like a comicbook one) before making an X-Men one.

A few things revealed this month, but just to recap:

• Captain Marvel 2 set revealed, releasing in October
  • Wolverine display set revealed, is actually his claws, releasing in August
  • CMF figure list updated
  • Reported figure list for Avengers Tower
  • Clarified some details on the X-Men Mansion set

Updated List:

Spoiler

AUGUST 2023 (Total 6):

• 76250: Wolverine's Adamantium Claws
  • 76261: Spider-man Final Battle
  • 76262: Captain America's Shield
  • 76263: Iron Man Hulkbuster Vs Thanos
  • 76266: Endgame Final Battle
  • 31209: The Amazing Spider-Man

SEPTEMBER 2023 (Total 1 + CMF Series + Visual Dictionary)

OCTOBER (Total 1)

NOVEMBER (Total 1)

UNKNOWN 2023? (Total 2):

JANUARY 2024 (Total 7):

Rumored/Other sets:

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary
  • Release dates are estimated given conflicting reports
  • Sets seem to be getting created with overlapping set numbers, please be aware fan made set titles may be reported by some sites as being official titles for these new set
On 7/22/2023 at 5:20 PM, Buckethead said:

Are there any I'm missing, or are there more sets scheduled this year we don't know of?

The only one that may release this year is 76246 as that was listed by Promobricks. 76222 I feel is a DC set lost to time. No hint on other sets other than those in the list above - though we could always get a surprise GWP or Polybag or set that has been kept heavily under wraps as we've had less leaks this year.

On 7/22/2023 at 9:14 PM, squiz18 said:

From @Scarilians list on page 87(there are  more recent ones but I don't have a good way of finding them). There are listed 76222 and 76246 which we don't know about. Could by DC or not coming out this year though.

Normally I just do a 'word find' for my name or 'list' or something like that and go back through pages. I probably need to find a better way of organising these rather than just whenever new information appears or whenever we reach the end/start of a month :p

On 7/22/2023 at 9:14 PM, squiz18 said:

Would we know if there was a GWP with avengers tower by now? What was the last marvel gwp we got? Shang Chi polybag?

I think we had a Doctor Strange polybag if I remember correctly - 30652. Unless it's something they've kept hidden I don't think we have any polybags or GWP scheduled for Avengers Tower. It's possible they recycle the Doctor Strange polybag if they still have stock of them.

15 hours ago, PGBQW said:

No way, an arm alone wouldnt fit in a CMF box

I think something like Tahu is possible given we have 12 characters.

12 character so probably something along the lines of the following: (Spoilered for space)

Spoiler
  1. Head and neck
  2. Upper body piece
  3. Mixel right arm joint and shoulder pad
  4. Mixel right arm joint with armour piece
  5. Right hand with blast effect
  6. Mixel left arm joint and shoulder pad
  7. Mixel left arm joint with armour piece
  8. Left hand with stud shooter
  9. Mixel right leg joint and left half of lower body
  10. Mixel right leg joint and foot
  11. Mixel left leg joint and right half of lower body
  12. Mixel left leg joint and foot

12 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I think something like Tahu is possible given we have 12 characters.

Only the three X-Men figures are rumoured to come with Sentinel parts though :tongue: I expect it to be more akin to an advent calendar build with 10 to 15 pieces. No way it’s gonna be that elaborate

7 hours ago, wesker said:

I'm pretty sure it's implied that it's a minifigure — Wolverine has the head, while Storm and the Beast have the torso and the legs.

All three of those minifigs already have accessories. A Sentinel from ~10 regular pieces would look like crap.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm pretty sure it's implied that it's a minifigure — Wolverine has the head, while Storm and the Beast have the torso and the legs.

All three of those minifigs already have accessories. A Sentinel from ~10 regular pieces would look like crap.

Don't think it's a minifigure, I'd guess a minifigure head (with the classic spaceman helmet if I had to guess) on a brick-built body. I think it could be done at a head or two taller than a minifigure. Say Wolvie's got the head and part of the torso, and the other two have rest of torso/arms and waist/legs.

On a different note, secret invasion managed to be completely disappointing in the finale. Not that the finale was much worse than the standard marvel show finale, but I was just expecting more from it since the earlier episodes were better, so it drags down the show as a whole for me, much like moon knight. It also opens the biggest "plot thread we'll never see again" since the eternal that's been sticking out of the ocean for years without anyone caring.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

On a different note, secret invasion managed to be completely disappointing in the finale. Not that the finale was much worse than the standard marvel show finale, but I was just expecting more from it since the earlier episodes were better, so it drags down the show as a whole for me, much like moon knight. It also opens the biggest "plot thread we'll never see again" since the eternal that's been sticking out of the ocean for years without anyone caring.

It's hilarious, because that character probably won't appear anywhere for another few years.

I've seen a theory that Kang Dynasty will start with Kangs killing them, and it actually sounds reasonable. It would be the funniest thing ever because 97% of people in the theatre would be like "Who is that?" 

In 2021 I was extremely mad we weren't getting any Disney+ sets. Two years later, and I don't even care about the movie sets. Since the first The Infinity Saga wave I haven't bought anything but the Guardians sets (Advent Calendar and the smallest Vol. 3 one), plus The Goat Boat (already sold it, and I was soe excited door that movie).

My point is, I've never lost interest in something so much so quickly. Marvel Studios managed to turn me from a "watching everything Day-1" type of fan to "I'm interested in, like, 4 out of 37 projects (and I won't even bother watching the rest)" one.

14 hours ago, wesker said:

Does anyone actually believe that Goliath, Echo, Kate Bishop, She-Hulk, Moon Knight, Werewolf by Night or Agatha have more mainstream appeal to the general public than the X-Men do? :laugh:

Yes, I do think that Moon Knight and She Hulk are more known that the 12th most popular X-men