Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

24 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Turns out the X-Jet isn’t actually $80.

It’s $85. 😠

Lego saw us all complaining about the price and went "Hmm... we can stretch it more"

I cannot stress enough how important it is that we don't buy these on release. I know it's the X-men but unless you want everyone paying these prices for this and any future X-men sets, just wait for discount.

12 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Mister Sinister is gonna be pissed when he sees this. 😝

Mr. Sinister might be happy his chances of appearing in the mansion just went up!

37 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

(Whoever hypothesized that they had the face completely venomized on the back is a genius :-)

Does nothing for Venom Ock IMO, but I'm closer to liking venom goblin between that and the fact that the symbol covers most of the torso. You swap the arm and get him some sort of black hair/hat and you've got a mostly venomized goblin. Which sucks, because it was so close to being good, they just didn't go all the way for whatever reason.

3 minutes ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

They violated the wolverine cmf figure dear lord

For an $85 set with 350ish parts and 4 figs you'd think they could at least retain arm printing on one of them

Man, I really love that X-Jet. I love how it makes such great use out of that specialized Speed Champions piece, not just around yhe fuselage but the bottom wings too. $85 is absurd though. I know I won't be able tocget it right away but when I do, I'm definitely using some points to drop that price down. I do wish the figure selection was more interesting. I do not like that look for Magneto but I have the original ones so it's not a big deal. It's great to get Rogue but I would have loved to get Nightcrawler or Colossus.

That War Machine mech might well be the best one they've ever done in this style ---and I say this as a die-hard Ghost Rider fan who loves the mech and bike set.

Nothing else is worth mentioning imo.

Edited by ToaDraco

Wow, and then they all 'officially' leaked...
X-Jet really does look fantastic, but the minifigs bum me out. It's great to finally have Cyclops and Rogue and Cyclops only requires (in my opinion) to have his hips swapped for yellow ones, but Magneto and Wolverine... damn. I mean, Wolverine looks great of course but aside from his arms is taken straight from the CMF :sceptic:

Also, it's too bad the alternate faces of the Venomized villains are Venom's face and not their own...

Regards,
Mitch

Does anybody have a clue what film War Machine is supposed to be based off of?

Also, I claimed in the past Lego wouldn't just reuse Wolverine from the Cmf and would instead make him in a new suit. I was wrong. My bad, guys.

The print on Rogue's hair was obviously wrong, repositioned correctly it looks better... Not a big consolation but better than nothing :-P

I like to think that War Machine is MCU, but after the keychains the Infinity Saga branding is unreliable at 100%

15 minuti fa, CF Mitch ha detto:

a parte le sue braccia è preso direttamente dal CMF:scettico:

The legs are also different. same design but on a blue base and no double mold :-D

Edited by Legocentrico

5 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Does anybody have a clue what film War Machine is supposed to be based off of?

Also, I claimed in the past Lego wouldn't just reuse Wolverine from the Cmf and would instead make him in a new suit. I was wrong. My bad, guys.

Yeah, well, I don't think anyone expected a (near-)reuse so soon after the original's release.
And I don't think War Machine is based off any particular movie, since the minifigure seems to be comic inspired :classic: 

4 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

The legs are also different. same design but on a blue base and no double mold :-D

Oh, wow, good eye!

Regards,
Mitch

Most, if not all, of the sets look much better in HD, but the prices are atrocious. Mechs are a dollar cheaper, but $38 for the warbird + NWH set just ain't it

1 hour ago, TheJackBricks said:

Most, if not all, of the sets look much better in HD, but the prices are atrocious. Mechs are a dollar cheaper, but $38 for the warbird + NWH set just ain't it

$38 for the NWH set? That might be a wait for discount from me then... I was willing to take the $35 (This would have been a $30 set a year or two ago, but whatever, inflation) but the extra $3 honestly just feels like them pushing their luck.

This set'll probably still sell fine- I might have to wait a bit to get it for a price that doesn't feel like lego's pushing their luck- but it's gonna crush the warbird. That set is not gonna attract kids at a $38 price.

Also, minor note- Rocket is now $60 instead of $55.

I am really quite upset about these price increases. The X-jet was already insane and they just what, thought it would be funny to rub it in and add another $5? The $3 increases also tick me off, the spike from $30 to $35 was already to offset inflation, you can't tell me we've had nearly 25% inflation in the past 5 years or so, even with how america's economy is doing.

I might end up only getting the $10 set, just because it's the only one which has a good value for the price. (Even the goblin one- $35 sounded somewhat rational at first, but the Miles set from LAST YEAR had a car the same size and 2 figs for $25- is goblin and the glider worth $10?)

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Lego saw us all complaining about the price and went "Hmm... we can stretch it more"

I cannot stress enough how important it is that we don't buy these on release. I know it's the X-men but unless you want everyone paying these prices for this and any future X-men sets, just wait for discount.

Lego self sabotages and then turns around to claim X-Men sets don't sell well. They do this with DC as well. Every set has is a repeat concept/vehicle rehash, no new characters and the figures lack detail. Then it becomes a cycle of producing few DC sets because they "don't sell well". 

Rogue looks so cheap she needs leg printing across the side of her legs she should have just had dual molded legs. Maybe then I'd overlook her lack of dual molded arms and arm printing. Cyclops looks just as underwhelming with those legs...

As for Magneto, based off the reference images of the Trial of Magneto where he dawns this suit it appears he should have had shorter hair. This would have been the perfect opportunity to produce the Han Solo hair in white. That would have been awesome.

I hate that I'm still gonna get it but its gonna have to be a hefty discount.

@poisonbricks and @Mandalorianknight Thanks for the update, I wasn’t aware that web piece wasn’t totally brand new.

Lego really are pushing it with these prices, £75 for the X-Jet is insane! This theme cheaps out on moulds and prints all the time, yet has started swaying towards demanding a premium regardless. 

The worst thing is that X-Jet (whilst admittedly awesome for the piece count and size) could’ve been incredible at the price point it was given. Such a shame.

Edited by Kaijumeister

So now that the sets have been revealed, what's the consensus on that Quicksilver torso that leaked a while back? Could it be from an unrevealed retail exclusive or a March 1st set release? Or could it have been fake all along?

8 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

@poisonbricks and @Mandalorianknight Thanks for the update, I wasn’t aware that web piece wasn’t totally brand new.

Lego really are pushing it with these prices, £75 for the X-Jet is insane! 

£75 for this set compared to the first X-Jet set which and costed £45 in 2014, had a Sentinel, 23 fewer pieces and same number of minifigures. That's 67% increase!  Anytime anyone argues these are children's toys - these are not children's prices :laugh_hard: Unless you are a super fortunate child from a very privileged family ahah

Really bothers me that for that price, they have Cyclops’ forehead wrong, as well as Rogue’s white hair wrong.

Lego, you charge a premium for premium products. 

Oh boyz, legos cost a lot, I'm afraid they will cost more and more. And since I've been a dad I've been looking at other toys and I've discovered that they cost a lot too :-D In my opinion it's an excellent wave, there's comics, there's the MCU and the return of the X-men AFTER 10 YEARS!! ! And they are almost all playsets with minifigures ^^ There is the first version of Lizard ever, there is Rogue and Cyclops, a fantastic new War Machine, but what do you have to complain about??? :-D

Edited by Legocentrico

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Also, minor note- Rocket is now $60 instead of $55.

For a moment I thought this was referring to the Warbird set, and it's just a sad reality that for that moment I just accepted that little set could genuinely cost $60

10 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

These set ideas are really cool - I make custom sets, would you mind if I tried building them and rendering them up?

I actually was planning on doing so, but I've got the spider-man set wave I'm doing, an Ahsoka set wave, and a couple 10302 scaled transformers ahead of X-men on my priority list, so go ahead! I'm not likely to get to this stuff anytime soon, and your Titan Battle set looks excellent.

-One request- if you do make these, would you be able to use the goofy sauron design with the blue shorts?

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

Lego self sabotages and then turns around to claim X-Men sets don't sell well. They do this with DC as well. Every set has is a repeat concept/vehicle rehash, no new characters and the figures lack detail. Then it becomes a cycle of producing few DC sets because they "don't sell well". 

DC is a different thing- The first issue is that DC really doesn't often sell well, not because they don't put enough printing on the figs, but because there aren't popular kid-centric things from DC keeping it in the limelight. The movie universe failed, no mainline cartoons but Teen Titans Go, etc.

(The prices for DC are often pretty solid, too)

55 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

what do you have to complain about??? :-D

the... the prices. We just covered that. "It's expensive toys are expensive" doesn't really work when the rate at which the price increases are hitting is significantly above the inflation rate for some of these sets.

2 hours ago, RobbieHxC said:

£75 for this set compared to the first X-Jet set which and costed £45 in 2014, had a Sentinel, 23 fewer pieces and same number of minifigures. That's 67% increase!  Anytime anyone argues these are children's toys - these are not children's prices :laugh_hard: Unless you are a super fortunate child from a very privileged family ahah

And before anyone goes "they're re-adjusting for inflation"- $1 in 2014 is $1.3 today. Not, uh, not exactly 1-1 with inflation to have basically an equivalent value product be 1.7x the price just a decade later.

Edited by Mandalorianknight
I think I've edited this post 3-5 times now. I... I am tired.

9 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

but what do you have to complain about??? :-D

Spot on comment, imagine, you could be a DC fan...

NWH is the only set I'll probably get on this wave, got enough spidey vehicles already and the venomized villains not interesting enough... Except Doc Ock alternative face, I can see it with a black hood on a ghost-spider minifig for a Gwenom version, or for doing an eddy brock transforming.

That spider design on goblin is cool though. 

Warmachine is perfect, but I'll settle for the one from the tower. 

Rocket warbird is tempting but I'm keeping focus on earth related stuff. 

X-jet looks cool, refraining from launching in collecting X-men, except when Deadpool eventually arrives 

On 12/12/2023 at 5:29 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

Sauron's Stratojet Ambush ($39.99): Buildible Sauron and a small jet with Storm, Jean Gray, and Professor X (Adds Jean Grey and professor x)

I don't think Sauron needs to be brick built. He's no different in size to a regular person. If we ever did get him down the line a specialized head mold on Man-Bat's body and the CMF devil tail would probably be the most accurate way to depict him.

7 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Mister Sinister is gonna be pissed when he sees this. 😝

Hopefully it gets reused for Sinister either in the X-Mansion or another set in the summer wave. The new cape is too perfect for him.

6 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

The face print looks like it has been changed too. The design is still consistent with the CMF figure but comes with a happier expression this time.

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

As for Magneto, based off the reference images of the Trial of Magneto where he dawns this suit it appears he should have had shorter hair. This would have been the perfect opportunity to produce the Han Solo hair in white. That would have been awesome.

Its longer in the cartoon but not to the extent that we see on this minifigure. I'd say the best choice would have been Luke's hairpiece from the Sequel Trilogy sets in white.

13 minuti fa, wesker ha detto:

Anche l'impronta del viso sembra essere stata cambiata. Il design è ancora coerente con la figura CMF, ma questa volta ha un'espressione più felice.

Real! It basically looks like the same minifigure but almost all the pieces are different :-D

I was thinking that for the last couple of years we have had news about the D2C in December, so the Mansion confirmation might be close!

It has also been confirmed that X-men 97 will be released in the spring, which means that we may have confirmation of any summer sets before we have seen the series. Something vaguely similar to the Echo minifigure :-D

(but I would hate to look at it knowing in advance that there won't be any set :-P)

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

In my opinion it's an excellent wave, there's comics, there's the MCU and the return of the X-men AFTER 10 YEARS!! ! 

It is good to see the positive and not get lost in the negative details as many of us tend to do (myself included). I guess it's just when LEGO charges a provably exorbitant price for some sets, that only exacerbates the negative details, because many people feel like if LEGO charges so much then all those little details should be perfect. Stuff like Ronan's hood, characters lacking printing or dual moulding where it's pretty necessary, and the list goes on. They've done Spidey with dual moulded legs countless times now, but they even skimped there.

On the face of it this wave does offer remarkable breadth - a couple of MCU sets providing fresh material from well-regarded movies, made up Spidey stuff that only takes a couple of slots, an X-Men set and two mechs. It's a great range.

It's just that the very high prices of some sets, and the lacking detail especially in light of those prices, let some people down.

8 hours ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

They violated the wolverine cmf figure dear lord

Those legs. . . 🤮
Plain yellow would have been far better, and would have freed up a print slot for Cyclops. 

1 hour ago, wesker said:

I don't think Sauron needs to be brick built. He's no different in size to a regular person. If we ever did get him down the line a specialized head mold on Man-Bat's body and the CMF devil tail would probably be the most accurate way to depict him.

He's usually significantly bigger than a person. I think he was smaller in the cartoon (I never saw the episode, but just looking at stills), but in the comics he varies pretty wildly of course, but there's a number of covers where he seems a good 2 humans tall at least, and in some stuff (such as the iconic "but I don't WANT to cure cancer" panel"), he's pretty much on par with actual dinosaurs.

15 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Those legs. . . 🤮
Plain yellow would have been far better, and would have freed up a print slot for Cyclops. 

Yeah what gets me the most is they spent their leg print budget there and not on Cyclops. The figure that had leg printing (and far better printing) just a few months ago needs new leg printing, not one of the other most popular x-men characters who's only ever had one figure before. 

Edited by Mandalorianknight

On 12/11/2023 at 6:42 PM, TobyAis said:

AND EVEN MORE.. We just need a head.. just one tiny little head! Put that on the Venom fig and we all good, forever.. HOW. HARD. IS. IT????

What no head does to a motherbricker

9 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

ALL OFFICIAL IMAGES!!!!!!

(Whoever hypothesized that they had the face completely venomized on the back is a genius :-)

Not a huge fan of Doc Ock's alt face, but the Mind Goblin's looks actually very good! Now we just need a fully covered torso and we're good to go