Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

29 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Also, remember this is primarily a children's set. They want Spider-man in it.

But I'm not asking them not to include Spider-man, I'm asking them to include a cooler one. Like give me the suit he wears at the end of the movie or something.

30 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's already good value, but if it had a better head

🤨🤨🤨

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I'm glad we have a new Magneto. His hair is too long though. Hopefully we get an updated Magneto in his classic red costume in the X-Mansion.

Unfortunately I wouldn't put much hope in that. Big sets like the tower and bugle usually have a large number of repeated figures, and unless you want "venom and his venomized villains attack the x-mansion", we're probably going to see all 6 possible repeats.

(Which in and of itself is too few, I wouldn't be surprised if spidey and a couple avengers are visiting the mansion, or it has a drastically lower figure count than the bugle and tower)

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

But I'm not asking them not to include Spider-man, I'm asking them to include a cooler one. Like give me the suit he wears at the end of the movie or something.

But we're back at them putting in more new prints, and we again return to the fact that most MCU sets (excluding the modulars) are accurate to who was at which event.  All the infinity saga sets are accurate as to what figs were were, UNLESS they can re-use inaccurate prints, or it's based on a not-yet-released film so they don't know for sure who's where. They're not going to create new prints to intentionally make a set inaccurate.

This is just the "but the set would be better if it had more new prints" thing again, which everyone already agrees on.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

🤨🤨🤨

A brick-built head so it would look more fully like a large venom than venom in a mech suit- his head looks a little small for that here.

37 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Unfortunately I wouldn't put much hope in that. Big sets like the tower and bugle usually have a large number of repeated figures, and unless you want "venom and his venomized villains attack the x-mansion", we're probably going to see all 6 possible repeats.

(Which in and of itself is too few, I wouldn't be surprised if spidey and a couple avengers are visiting the mansion, or it has a drastically lower figure count than the bugle and tower)

Just wanted to add, we haven’t yet seen what the summer wave holds. It’s possible we get a couple more X-Men sets featuring some new characters. 

But I agree that the Magneto we got here is probably going to be the one in the Mansion. I doubt they’re going to waste a slot for a new minifigure giving us a new Magneto when they already have a Magneto they can throw in the Mansion. 

The new blackbird is an improvement over the old (which I own), but the price is to high ( I will wait for a discount). The only other set I like is the War Machine Mech, which made me think, wouldn't it be cool if Lego made a Sentinel Mech, with a Sentinel minifigure and a big Sentinel body.  

Edited by Dr.Cogg

5 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

The new blackbird is an improvement over the old (which I own, but the price is to high ( I will wait for a discount). The only other set I like is the War Machine Mech, which made me think, wouldn't it be cool if Lego made a Sentinel Mech, with a Sentinel minifigure and a big Sentinel body.  

That would be cool, but at the same time, we rarely get mechs for characters which make some sense.

2 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I'm glad we have a new Magneto. His hair is too long though. Hopefully we get an updated Magneto in his classic red costume in the X-Mansion.

I'm hoping that the characters will have good printing. I wonder how many minifigs it will have and how many repeats.

12 minutes ago, hikouki said:

I'm hoping that the characters will have good printing. I wonder how many minifigs it will have and how many repeats.

It will have Wolverine.

source: name one X-Men set that doesn’t

Lego's marketing strikes once again lmao

But in all seriousness War Machine looks pretty dope and I'm probly gonna get him to go with the 2023 4+ Iron Man. Also gonna get the NWH set day one and will probly wait for a consequent discount before buying the Blackbird..

And I still don't understand how they're making more stupid venom variants of Spidey characters BUT STILL NO SYMBIOTE SPIDEY OR AGENT VENOM OR... IDK MACGARGAN VENOM??

30 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

That would be cool, but at the same time, we rarely get mechs for characters which make some sense.

Idk if it makes sense really but the War Machine mech looks really good imo.. and it makes more sense than Thanos having a mech for sure lol

Looking at the leaked X Mansion picture, the minifigures were:

Red Suit Magneto

Professor X

Cyclops

Emma Frost

Wolverine

Black Suit Storm

Beast in lab coat

Sabertooth

All blue Mystique

19 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You're thinking of this rope guy, the one in the sandman set is this new noodle piece. The older element has studs on the ends and is a nylon rope with plastic bits, meaning you can't really pose it much due to gravity. The element in the new set has pin holes on each end, but more importantly is a flexible rubber, meaning you can get some more poses out of it. 

...How have I never heard about this updated piece till now. This is going to make posing look ten times better as the old one really did sag most of the time, it was more like a Spider-Man minifigure was swinging on a rope instead of a piece that was supposed to be a webline.

And at last, we've FINALLY gotten an image of the X-Jet and what an upgrade! It looks so much sleeker and pointed now like how an actual SR-71 is supposed to be. The 2014 one was fine, but a little too rounded, especially with the front area. I get that it's based off the cartoon version which was blue in color, but I definitely want to try and make a blacked out version so that it really is a "Black"bird.

Now if only I had the same amount of praise for the minifigures. Cyclops and Rogue we've already seen, and it was pretty much a given that Wolverine would be downgraded in this set in order for the CMF version to retain its exclusivity, so the arm printing/probably the leg printing are gone. But the worst offender for me has to be Magneto's new look. I didn't think we could get any lower than the 2014 minifigure with the purple outfit, but at least that one came with his helmet! When I saw this Marvel Legends X-Men '97 figure of Magneto in his classic suit, I had a little hope that maybe Lego would do the same and give us an updated version of the 2012 minifigure but with modern elements like dual molded boots. Now it's either buying the 2012 minifigure off of Bricklink from someone who isn't insane when it comes to the price, or hoping that Magneto is in the X-Mansion in his classic suit and isn't just a rehash of this figure (even though it 99% will be).

And the less said about those Venomized minifigures, the better. All I know for sure is that I should definitely buy the Anya Corazon Spider-Girl head off of Bricklink now to make my own semi-purist version, because we're NEVER getting a symbiote Spider-Man at this rate.

2 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Red Suit Magneto

Professor X

Cyclops

Emma Frost

Wolverine

Black Suit Storm

Beast in lab coat

Sabertooth

All blue Mystique

I wonder if Lego will make a cloth piece like a lab coat, trench coat,etc?

The build for the Blackbird is a big improvement over the 2014 version. They've captured the sleek angles a lot better this time around. Still disappointing that the set isn't much bigger in size over the previous model. Hopefully we get official pics of the interior soon but I suspect it won't be able to seat more than four minifigures.

The Sandman set turned out better than I thought it would and I like that it can integrate with the Statue of Liberty set. Its also great to finally have an official Lizard minifigure.

The new War Machine minifigure looks great but I don't really care much for the venomized variants. Seems like a waste when we still don't have comic variants for other classic Spider-Man villains.

4 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Just wanted to add, we haven’t yet seen what the summer wave holds. It’s possible we get a couple more X-Men sets featuring some new characters. 

But I agree that the Magneto we got here is probably going to be the one in the Mansion. I doubt they’re going to waste a slot for a new minifigure giving us a new Magneto when they already have a Magneto they can throw in the Mansion. 

Hopefully we get something in the summer wave. A stand alone Sentinel set would be an obvious choice with how much this theme loves its mechs and construction figures. Given that there are no other MCU films coming out next year it would also be nice to at least get something to tie in with Deadpool 3 even if it isn't directly based of the movie itself.

In regards to Magneto I'm not too bothered if the latest figure ends up being recycled for the mansion. He's appeared almost as frequently in Lego as Wolverine has that its inevitable that they'll revisit the red costume again some day.

1 hour ago, hikouki said:

I wonder if Lego will make a cloth piece like a lab coat, trench coat,etc?

I actually wouldn't mind that. A similar cloth piece to the one Scarlet Witch is currently using could work quite well for both Gambit and Jubilee.

sh897.png

Something else that crossed my mind is whether Princess Leia's printed skirt could be reused for Mystique. Its already appeared on other minifigures outside of the Star Wars theme and could be a useful way to save costs on new prints that would be better served going towards other X-Men characters.

36036pb014.png

The venomised villains are whatever, but I really dig that new Blackbird! Looks much cooler than the 2014 version. Scary to think that one’s 10 years old already *huh*

5 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Red Suit Magneto

Professor X

Cyclops

Emma Frost

Wolverine

Black Suit Storm

Beast in lab coat

Sabertooth

All blue Mystique

We know that these were once the figures intended to release in the Mansion, but I very much doubt these are the figures that end up releasing. This selection feels to me like it's leaning into the films' lineup, and some things would probably be changed for it to be themed around '97.

Wolverine and Xavier are obviously a must, I can imagine seeing Cyclops and Magneto repeated from the Blackbird, but I somwhat doubt repeats of Storm and Beast from the CMF, even with variation. 

I may be biased, but I've never liked Sabertooth that much. I hope we get Mr Sinister in place of him, or honestly any of these villains.

Gambit and Bishop are pretty prominent in merch for '97 so it'd be a little strange to not see them, too. Jean is a little less prominent, but we're WAY overdue an accessible figure of her.

My dream lineup, keeping to the same fig count and trying to keep it somewhat realistic is:

Wolverine 

Xavier 

Cyclops (maybe with new printed legs?)

Magneto (I'd prefer an updated classic suit, but wouldn't mind the Trial of Magneto costume with a better hairpiece and dual molded arms)

Jean 

Gambit

Bishop

Mr Sinister 

Emma Frost

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

But we're back at them putting in more new prints, and we again return to the fact that most MCU sets (excluding the modulars) are accurate to who was at which event.  All the infinity saga sets are accurate as to what figs were were, UNLESS they can re-use inaccurate prints, or it's based on a not-yet-released film so they don't know for sure who's where. They're not going to create new prints to intentionally make a set inaccurate.

This is just the "but the set would be better if it had more new prints" thing again, which everyone already agrees on.

Cool, but we as consumers shouldn't be okay with everything just because we know the budget is tighter.

I don't care about any of that. I want a good set. If I don't like a part of a set, I will complain about it. Simple as that.

Half-venomized characters are interesting, but unless they go all the way also in set form then I don't see the point in going after them. Ideally what they should do is include that rotating gimmick where you have two variants of the same figure included and just spin something going from half-Venomized to fully Venomized versions of the characters.

At which point you could have the normal version that you likely already own and then the half-venomized and fully venomized. Maybe Lego intends to do this at some point down the line with full-venomized versions of the characters in different sets - but I just don't have enough faith in them getting represented in the foreseeable future to warrant chasing them currently.

It's a similar dilemma to collecting the Iron Man figures, I used to be interested in doing so until Lego altered the design and has focused primarily on slowing the release of new variations of Iron Man. At which point I lost faith in them completing the Iron Man line-up and got knock-offs to fill the gaps. Maybe one day we'll get a Malibu Mansion D2C or something similar that comes with a ton of the suits and convinces me the chance of them completiting the line-up officially still exists, but for the moment it's another thing Lego seem to tease but don't deliver on.

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

I'm waiting: "now that I see the official images these venomized figures don't look so bad" ^___^

The eyes being yellow for Green Goblin is cool. The chest logo's being slight variations on the Venom logo is also nice, especially Ock's. The trouble is that I'd want fully venomized versions of the characters to warrant getting the set and frankly Lego does not seem willing to provide the fully venomized versions.

Are we absolutely sure the X-mansion is happening though? I don't like to burst any bubbles, but so far none of those supposed 'leaks' have come true, it's been a year since those pictures surfaced. I'm still waiting for my Zelda Deku tree...

1 ora fa, Scarilian ha detto:

Il problema è che vorrei che le versioni completamente velenizzate dei personaggi giustificasse l'ottenimento del set e francamente Lego non sembra disposto a fornire le versioni completamente velenizzate.

With Iron Man they did it. ok, it was iron man :-D

15 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BUY THIS, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF STAN, WAIT UNTIL IT'S ON SALE. THESE PRICES CANNOT BE ENCOURAGED.

War Machine Mech- I'm gonna be a hypocrite here and buy this

:grin: 

Also, good idea on the X-Jet, I should really do that.

About the recently appeared Venom Mech; it doesn't look too bad, and it's nice to have an additional minifig with it :sweet:

Regards,
Mitch

1 hour ago, kevkipo said:

Are we absolutely sure the X-mansion is happening though? I don't like to burst any bubbles, but so far none of those supposed 'leaks' have come true, it's been a year since those pictures surfaced. I'm still waiting for my Zelda Deku tree...

We are not.

Remember, those were preliminary concepts of those sets. Some of them might never get made. The ones coming in the near future are the Sorting Hat (March 2024) and Gotham Skyline (April 2024).

Will the rest get made? Some of them are already rumoured for next year. Saying all that, X-Mansion is extremely likely.

1 hour ago, kevkipo said:

Simba, the Snow White Cottage, the Sorting Hat, Barad-dûr, the Medieval Market, and the Gotham City skyline have all been confirmed by reliable sources, most of them with set numbers and everything :tongue:

Thinking about it a bit more, I’d actually be surprised if we didn’t see some more X-Men sets this summer.

For starters, we’ll be seeing the release of X-Men ‘97, the first cartoon since 2019 from either Marvel or DC that seems to actually be aimed at Lego’s target group of 8-14. I could see them trying to capitalize on that, like they did with Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble.

Secondly, we’re getting Deadpool 3 next summer. The movie is probably going to be big but Lego won’t want to directly make sets on it. Kinda like the Suicide Squad situation back in 2016. Now, I’m not gonna post spoilers because 1) I don’t want to spoil the film and 2) I don’t know which ones are legit and which ones are trolling (Ryan Reynolds did imply he would be trolling people with fake spoilers). But there is a possibility other X-Men will appear and comic or cartoon based sets would be a safe way to capitalize on that.

Third, we’ve got the X-Men Mansion coming. Now, we don’t know for sure this is going to be a large modular-type set, but it doesn’t seem likely we’d know about it so far in advance of it wasn’t. Now, it’d be weird for Lego to release a set of that size without a bunch of minifigures to go with. (Granted, they did with the Sanctum Sanctorum, but arguably they covered just about everyone who was significant to that location or who most people would recognize. The same can’t be said for the X-Mansion. Plus, if the size of the Natural History museum is anything to go on, an X-Mansion would be much bigger than a Sanctum Sanctorum). So, what are the options? There’s three that I can think of. 1. Give us a set with the bare minimum number of figures. 2. Release a bunch of new figures in one set and balloon the budget. 3. Release another wave of X-Men sets to spread out the new figure budget. Maybe it’s just wishful thinking, but 3 seems the most plausible to me.

Edited by psqidexslizer

12 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Now, I’m not gonna post spoilers because 1) I don’t want to spoil the film and 2) I don’t know which ones are legit and which ones are trolling (Ryan Reynolds did imply he would be trolling people with fake spoilers). But there is a possibility other X-Men will appear and comic or cartoon based sets would be a safe way to capitalize on that.

Basically everyone has been rumoured to appear, so we are bound to get some DP3-‘97 crossover! 

14 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Thinking about it a bit more, I’d actually be surprised if we didn’t see some more X-Men sets this summer.

For starters, we’ll be seeing the release of X-Men ‘97, the first cartoon since 2019 from either Marvel or DC that seems to actually be aimed at Lego’s target group of 8-14. I could see them trying to capitalize on that, like they did with Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble.

I certainly hope so! Aside from a Sentinel buildable figure or mech, what else do you think that we could get?