Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

It looks so... hollow? I don't know how to explain it, but I'm not vibing with this one.

28 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

It looks so... hollow? I don't know how to explain it, but I'm not vibing with this one.

No, I totally get what you mean. Literally speaking, that's not the issue- the Bugle is hollow, but doesn't have this sort of feeling of emptiness the tower has.

14 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

No, I totally get what you mean. Literally speaking, that's not the issue- the Bugle is hollow, but doesn't have this sort of feeling of emptiness the tower has.

Agreed on this. Every floor has some central item, but otherwise just emptiness around it. There's a prison without much surrounding. There's an armory, but there's just one suit screen and a stand in the center (Ironically I feel like adding in bits of 76216 would help with this). It just feels less busy than it should. The Bugle had personality on every floor and bits of newsroom clutter. This feels so polished and empty. 

It still feels like a good expensive D2C for the tower, in part because I'll be displaying it on the modular street and keeping it closed generally, and the outside is perfect, but the inside is just underwhelming. 

Glad to see Avengers Tower is finally officially announced!

28 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

It still feels like a good expensive D2C for the tower, in part because I'll be displaying it on the modular street and keeping it closed generally, and the outside is perfect, but the inside is just underwhelming. 

Pretty much this, though, so I'll be doing the same. Though I have an idea for a modification or two, specifically the A-logo on the side. I wanna make it (trans) red or orange, to stand out more against the blue from the windows :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

Minisuperheroestoday mentioned in his video about it that he had to cut a part of the Bilund reveal event as they also revealed a 2024 set, which I found interesting.

It tends to be bigger sets they reveal and discuss so curious what that’ll turn out to be

11 minutes ago, Caps Beard said:

Minisuperheroestoday mentioned in his video about it that he had to cut a part of the Bilund reveal event as they also revealed a 2024 set, which I found interesting.

It tends to be bigger sets they reveal and discuss so curious what that’ll turn out to be

Is it Superheroes?

Is there pictures of it next to a y it the other modulars?

4 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Is it Superheroes?

I'd imagine so, that's why it'd be part of the same event. I mean we already know of a few other sets that were at the fan media days incothe 2024 Chinese New year ones.

4 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Is it Superheroes?

I’d assume so, as was within the same presentation as Avengers Tower

37 minutes ago, TandNbricks said:

Yes and not a big set which is strange

its most likely the x-jet, I think its the only thing that they know would get a big reaction that isint huge. 

2 hours ago, Caps Beard said:

January 2024 sets usually get revealed around the end of this month, I'm guessing it was one of those on display.

So there is a sticker for a 2x3 tile to make the first Avengers Comic, but….. no Wasp and Ant-Man on it. Wtf lego!! Blasphemy!

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Is there pictures of it next to a y it the other modulars?

To answer my own question, yes there is. I saw it on brick fanatics Instagram but it's probably elsewhere too.

It seems like the Tower’s floors cannot be removed (unlike all prior Modulars, the Sanctum, and the Bugle); I am not sure how this is supposed to be moved or stored, then. 🫤
Also, Loki’s prison floor should have been Tony and Bruce’s lab from AoU. 

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

To answer my own question, yes there is. I saw it on brick fanatics Instagram but it's probably elsewhere too.

I saw that but I think it’s a mock up rather than an actual photo. The scaling doesn’t look correct between the buildings when compared to the known measurements.

I hope they do it right for cyclops and give him regular yellow hips (which is cartoon accurate) and not the bright light yellow hips we got last time.

22 minutes ago, Chris10 said:

I saw that but I think it’s a mock up rather than an actual photo. The scaling doesn’t look correct between the buildings when compared to the known measurements.

Yeah, actually you're right, looking closer it's definitely a mock-up, that weird gap between the tower and the police station makes no sense. If you zoom in on the baseplates it's clear they are at different perspectives, also the bugle taxi car is sloppily hiding a seam, but it wasn't next to the Avengers Tower so it wasn't where I was looking.

Edited by Agent Kallus

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

I hope they do it right for cyclops and give him regular yellow hips (which is cartoon accurate) and not the bright light yellow hips we got last time.

Since Rogue is yellow, I suspect that Cyclops will be as well. 

Glad Hulk's hair is removable. Definitely adds some versatility to big figs going forward. Maybe one day we can get a separate helmet piece for Thanos?

Happy with how they've pulled off the tower although accessing the interiors is going to be tricky without the removable floors, especially the lab with the glass bridge blocking the way. Its great to see the Leviathan comes with its own display stand as well.

3 hours ago, jonwil said:

I'm sure it will be regular yellow if Wolverine and Rogue are anything to go by. The only character who should be using bright orange is Jean Grey.

I am curious how the rest of Cyclops' uniform will look whether they go with regular blue or dark blue. I'm guessing the hair will also be dark orange like Rogue's as well.