Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

16 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Or simply the one from Avengers and the one from AOU (both recycled)

That would be weird if they do not also include the other Avengers and AoU variants. 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

It could just be a casual variant. In fact, I can see a number of casual/party variants of the Avengers, since they can be made with existing pieces and used to recreate Ultron’s first attack. 

One of the 'play features' is apparently the bridge where they fight each other. It would be a shame to get a duplicate captain America figure, but I could see them doing it!

4 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

One of the 'play features' is apparently the bridge where they fight each other. It would be a shame to get a duplicate captain America figure, but I could see them doing it!

Ah. On one hand, it is an iconic scene; on the other, it means that we are just getting a duplicate Cap. 🫤
I wonder if any of the HYDRA agents will be included (since the set is drawing from Endgame as well). 

On 10/7/2023 at 1:53 PM, SpiderJazz said:

I just saw something wild that probably not going to be in usual place for awhile. 

One of the Ironman suit in Avengers tower will be battled damaged Mark 6.

Well it looks like you're right, the torso has leaked

I was expecting it to be a damaged MK7 not 6, as it would make more sense to the first Avengers, also it would've been nicer to have a damaged version of a suit we already have (updated, I know it exists in 2012)

15 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Ah. On one hand, it is an iconic scene; on the other, it means that we are just getting a duplicate Cap. 🫤
 I wonder if any of the HYDRA agents will be included (since the set is drawing from Endgame as well). 

yeah I'd prefer something unique rather than a duplicate. Lets be honest, if you are spending $500+ on this set, you either already have multiple cap's already. Or you wouldn't mind spending an extra $5 to get another one. As I've said before, SWAT Tony Stark would be my preference for another fig! 

New torso's look good, but hard to judge too much without the legs or heads/helmets too. 

Those are the damages reported in the final battle of Iron Man 2 (there are also statues with those exact dents). Lego made a bit of a mess lol I'm happy for any addition to the Iron Man collection, but now we need the normal Mark 6 :-/

The Falcon bust was also leaked, disappointing that it doesn't have short sleeves...

these minifigures are getting proving much less exciting than expected  >___<

10 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Those are the damages reported in the final battle of Iron Man 2 (there are also statues with those exact dents). Lego made a bit of a mess lol I'm happy for any addition to the Iron Man collection, but now we need the normal Mark 6 :-/

The Falcon bust was also leaked, disappointing that it doesn't have short sleeves...

these minifigures are getting proving much less exciting than expected  >___<

Now Marvel fans may experience what disappointment Diane fans experienced. LOL

52 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Yeah that's quite disappointing. I'm more in it for the build than the figures but I feel like this was our best shot at getting a good Falcon figure (not that the other ones are bad, but the lack of short sleeves and overwhelming amount of grey makes them look a bit drab - Captain Falcon obviously not included in this). 

My main minifigure hope now lies in Vision having a green head with red printed onto it rather than vice versa. 

Also, was it ever confirmed to be the AoU tower? The side builds and potentially time travelling Captain America figure makes it seem like it could be the A1 tower. Sorry if that's already been covered. 

1 hour ago, hikouki said:

Now Marvel fans may experience what disappointment Diane fans experienced. LOL

Marvel fans know disappointment very well, don't worry ;-(

2 hours ago, SEmrys said:

Also, was it ever confirmed to be the AoU tower? The side builds and potentially time travelling Captain America figure makes it seem like it could be the A1 tower. Sorry if that's already been covered. 

I believe that the initial rumor said it would be “MCU/Age of Ultron based,” likely meaning Age of Ultron will be the primary reference. To be fair, though, Age of Ultron explores the tower the most out of any of the films, so it would make sense for it to be the basis. 

2 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

I believe that the initial rumor said it would be “MCU/Age of Ultron based,” likely meaning Age of Ultron will be the primary reference. To be fair, though, Age of Ultron explores the tower the most out of any of the films, so it would make sense for it to be the basis. 

That's true. But then Stark Tower showed up in 2/4 (Avengers) films rather than just AoU so a case could be made for either, or some hybrid. 

But thanks for clarifying! I imagine it will be AoU as you say, especially as, technically, one would be Stark Tower rather than Avengers Tower, I guess. 

8 hours ago, NXS7 said:

Well it looks like you're right, the torso has leaked

I was expecting it to be a damaged MK7 not 6, as it would make more sense to the first Avengers, also it would've been nicer to have a damaged version of a suit we already have (updated, I know it exists in 2012)

Yeah, there’s more to come. All we need is just a little patience. 

1 hour ago, SEmrys said:

That's true. But then Stark Tower showed up in 2/4 (Avengers) films rather than just AoU so a case could be made for either, or some hybrid. 

But thanks for clarifying! I imagine it will be AoU as you say, especially as, technically, one would be Stark Tower rather than Avengers Tower, I guess. 

It’s just like Sanctum - any references that they can add that make sense, they will. So I think it’s not about it being Avengers Tower / Stark Tower. IF we’re lucky enough who knows if they make it interchangeable. 

Maybe we'll be lucky and it'll be this little rectangle build you can display when you open the tower 45° or something. I'd rather have features that might actually be interesting that are actually tied to Avengers Tower such as the Iron Legion armory behind the Avengers Logo or Vision's pod. Come to think of it, there's more features you can associate with Stark Tower and it also had more time having its interior and exterior explored in Avengers. Perhaps Stark Tower would have been a better idea for the D2C, as you could then have the Armour Gantry, Portal Device, Suit launcher, Holographic displays of Avengers, etc...

22 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Since some of those leaked sets on that survey for 2024 are actually happening, I wonder when we will get information about the X-Mansion.

If we get it, it'd probably be November 2024

Edited by Scarilian

2 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Since some of those leaked sets on that survey for 2024 are actually happening, I wonder when we will get information about the X-Mansion.

I am really nervous about that one...I am very much looking forward to it but given how much love (or no love) Lego has for the theme, I wonder if it will just repeat all the previously released characters.

On 10/8/2023 at 4:59 AM, Brickroll said:

I'm willing to bet that three of the six unknowns will be Dr. Strange, an Ant-Man minifigure, and Quicksilver, as it's kind of odd to add their companions in the set but not these characters. I do get that Ant-Man does appear in microfigure form, but seeing as he does not have a minifigure and does appear at the tower at some point, plus Wasp is here, I'd be kind of surprised if they don't toss him in. 

Those three definitely seem the most likely. I'd also throw in Bruce Banner and Loki. I can't see those two skipping out on this set. I assume the second Captain America figure will round out the final spot.

On 10/9/2023 at 9:04 AM, Legocentrico said:

Or simply the one from Avengers and the one from AOU (both recycled)

I'd prefer getting one from each movie, but I can also see them reusing the unmasked figure from Advent Calendar to recreate the bridge battle.

11 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

I wasn't expecting he would to be honest. With 31 minifigures in the set it didn't seem likely that we would be getting much in the way of dual molding or excessive printing.

10 hours ago, SEmrys said:

My main minifigure hope now lies in Vision having a green head with red printed onto it rather than vice versa.

I'm really hoping for this as well. Not really a fan of the pink head they used on the previous figure or the way the green printing cuts off on the sides.

1 hour ago, hikouki said:

I am really nervous about that one...I am very much looking forward to it but given how much love (or no love) Lego has for the theme, I wonder if it will just repeat all the previously released characters.

I have no doubt all the existing characters will be repeated. That seems inevitable especially with their presence in the leaked preliminary image.

What's going to make or break the X-Mansion is how many new characters the set is going to include. Xavier, Mystique, Sabretooth and Emma Frost are decent offerings but as a whole they're not enough. At bare minimum the set HAS to include Jean Grey, Rogue, Gambit and Jubilee as well. Those characters are too essential to the series not to be included. If we at least get those characters I'll be satisfied enough that we have a decent start with the X-Men.

I'd love to get Sinister and Nightcrawler as well but realistically I don't expect to see much of the supporting characters. I think many of those will be held off for future X-Men sets from 2025 and beyond.

47 minutes ago, wesker said:

I have no doubt all the existing characters will be repeated. That seems inevitable especially with their presence in the leaked preliminary image.

What's going to make or break the X-Mansion is how many new characters the set is going to include. Xavier, Mystique, Sabretooth and Emma Frost are decent offerings but as a whole they're not enough. At bare minimum the set HAS to include Jean Grey, Rogue, Gambit and Jubilee as well. Those characters are too essential to the series not to be included. If we at least get those characters I'll be satisfied enough that we have a decent start with the X-Men.

I'd love to get Sinister and Nightcrawler as well but realistically I don't expect to see much of the supporting characters. I think many of those will be held off for future X-Men sets from 2025 and beyond.

Perhaps they might leave out three or so from that list and include that in a brick-built sentinel.

Is it just me or are all the leaked minifigures we've seen for the Avengers Tower pretty disappointing so far? Like the Wasp without leg printing which should have been a bare minimum considering the price of this set.

2 ore fa, JeanGreyForever ha detto:

Sono solo io o tutte le minifigure trapelate che abbiamo visto per la Torre dei Vendicatori sono piuttosto deludenti finora? Come la Wasp senza stampa a gamba che avrebbe dovuto essere un minimo indispensabile considerando il prezzo di questo set.

Unfortunately I have to admit that there is a bit of disappointment. I'm not a leg and arm print fetishist, but what we're seeing are very simple updates of previous releases. What was supposed to be a molded head turned out to be a normal head (ok it's not Lego's fault) and the only really important update - for now - is a mark 6 BATTLE DAMAGE >___<

Just a consideration on the few ugly photos leaked, nothing drastic, I'm still very excited and I'm sure the set won't be a disappointment

7 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Is it just me or are all the leaked minifigures we've seen for the Avengers Tower pretty disappointing so far? Like the Wasp without leg printing which should have been a bare minimum considering the price of this set.

The price of the set isn't covering arm and leg printing though, it's covering over 5000 bricks

Daily Bugle had 12 new prints on 6/25 figures and Sanctum had 18 new prints on 8/9 figures, so far we've seen 9 new prints on 5 minifigures out of 31, with much more to come, and maybe it's just me, it usually seems like it, but I'd rather see this sets new prints budget spread over as many of these 31 minifigures as possible, rather than only having like 5-8 highly detailed figures

Edited by NXS7

12 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Perhaps Stark Tower would have been a better idea for the D2C, as you could then have the Armour Gantry, Portal Device, Suit launcher, Holographic displays of Avengers, etc...

They can still include those places in the interior of the Avengers Tower. I mean they also combined death star 1 and 2 when they gave us that set for Star Wars, they can easily do the same for the Tower. Just the Age of Ultron exterior and the interior filled with references to all movies.

1 minute ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Just the Age of Ultron exterior and the interior filled with references to all movies.

Would work with some, though others are external features such as the armor gantry when he's arrived and is about to confront Loki.

6 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Is it just me or are all the leaked minifigures we've seen for the Avengers Tower pretty disappointing so far?

I think the main problem is that rather than going for modular style display set, this currently feels more like a Daily Bugle style playset - and I think that's why they've focused on quantity over quality (Just like the franchise, oof)

Ultron is more accurate I guess but every other figure we've seen so far feels unnecessary and/or unwarranted minor changes. At the moment I'd much rather have had half the number of characters if it meant we'd get iconic highly detailed figures of the Avengers.

2 hours ago, NXS7 said:

The price of the set isn't covering arm and leg printing though, it's covering over 5000 bricks

Daily Bugle had 12 new prints on 6/25 figures and Sanctum had 18 new prints on 8/9 figures, so far we've seen 9 new prints on 5 minifigures out of 31, with much more to come, and maybe it's just me, it usually seems like it, but I'd rather see this sets new prints budget spread over as many of these 31 minifigures as possible, rather than only like 5-8 highly detailed figures

New prints is all well and good, but if it's just a minor variation then I don't see the appeal as much as getting 5-8 highly detailed figures - especially when it's focused around characters that we are definitely getting more of in the future such as Wasp or wasted on Kevin Feige who they went out of the way to included a new printed hat.

Should have been:

1. Ultron MK1 (What we got, but add arm print)
  2. Vision (Torso, legs and arm print)
  3. Quicksilver (Torso, leg and arm print)
  4. Hawkeye (Torso and leg print)
  5. Hulk (New Big-Fig)
  6. Captain America (Repeat of Quinjet with dual molded printed legs)
  7. Thor (Repeat of Quinjet with dual molded legs and printed arms)
  8. Black Widow (Repeat of Quinjet with Leg print)

Technically only 5 brand new figures, but still within the 5-8. We already have good enough Iron Man versions and AoU Wanda still holds up really well. Everything else included could be repeats and that'd be good enough. Ultron, Vision and Quicksilver would be based on AoU while Hulk, Cap, Thor, Hawkeye and Black Widow would be based on Avengers.

I desperately need a Loki diorama set. Both S01 and S02 are filled with amazing moments and set pieces.

Also, Loki deserves far more attention it's the only well written and well acted show. Every other D+ or Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Punisher show pales in comparison.

5 hours ago, NXS7 said:

It's also covering wasted opportunity, inefficiency and bad product decisions with the 4x Chitauri, chariot and "Quinjet".

Don't think its a written rule but LEGO designers often design bloat into sets to justify the budgeted final price.

Just a thought: The curled squirrel tail used by Marshal in set 77048 from the Animal Crossing theme is just begging to be recolored for the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl.

If not used in an outright official figure, at least recolor it so it's usable for building custom figs of her, Lego!