Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

The sets team is all one team, but the Minifigures team for CMF is different. They must talk to each other a bit though.

That’s so interesting, I never thought about how there’d be one team for the CMFs, for some reason I assumed the licensed ones weee designed by the sets team. It’s so cool that cmfs like the Harry Potter ones are still so consistent with the sets 

4 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

It’s so cool that cmfs like the Harry Potter ones are still so consistent with the sets 

I think Harry Potter is a standout example of how they are different actually! At least Series 1, with its use of mid legs for years that would've had short legs in sets, and the weird art style for the trio that didn't match sets and hair choices that weren't used in the sets either.

Differences haven't been as noticeable for the Marvel CMF largely because they're characters not also found in sets, or different costumes / variants anyway.

12 hours ago, hikouki said:

There was that time not too long ago that they were releasing one Hulkbuster after another. LOL

At least that made sense! Hulkbusters sold well, kids liked them, and aside from the $550 one that wasn't for kids, they weren't terribly overpriced, at least not to the extent of the Hoopty or X-jet.

With these two, though?

The marvels aren't all that popular.

The X-men ARE at least highly anticipated, but lego shot themselves in the foot by releasing two of the set's 4 characters for individual sale a few months before. Why spend $80 on an X-jet with 4 X-men when you can spend like $15 on 3 X-men? is a ~300 piece jet with a single fig worth $65?

11 hours ago, jonwil said:

I do wonder if there is some specific high license fee attached to the hoopty for some reason that has made it expensive...

I googled Hoopty to see if it was a reference to something from the 90s, and nope, it's so much funnier than that. Hoopty is slang for an old, worn out car. So lego is charging $90 for a 420 piece set that's name means "junk"

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The X-men ARE at least highly anticipated, but lego shot themselves in the foot by releasing two of the set's 4 characters for individual sale a few months before. Why spend $80 on an X-jet with 4 X-men when you can spend like $15 on 3 X-men? is a ~300 piece jet with a single fig worth $65?

Lego is banking on X-Men fans like me who will spend $15 for the minifigures, then $80 to get them with the jet, and then another $300 to get those same three figures again with the mansion.

Apparently the No Way Home add-on is “final battle”. a piece of scaffolding to connect it to the 76261 would be nice

ps. I quickly read the latest comments, I don't think the CMF will affect the sale of the x-jet

Edited by Legocentrico

It's great that Lizard is confirmed, and the buildable Sandman is an awesome idea.

The other two minifigures are really disappointing tho. If the set is an expansion of the final battle one, why does it include two minifigures that are already in the main set?

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's great that Lizard is confirmed, and the buildable Sandman is an awesome idea.

The other two minifigures are really disappointing tho. If the set is an expansion of the final battle one, why does it include two minifigures that are already in the main set?

I don't really mind. Obviously we had to have a spider-man, and it's not like there was anyone else at the battle. A minifig sandman could have been nice, I guess, but obviously we were going to have a spider-man here, and I don't mind them keeping the other two exclusive to the $100 set. Electro makes the most sense as the other re-use, too, in my opinion, since he showed up alongside Sandman and Lizard before the others.

It's funny, the set almost sounds like it's based on what marvel was pretending the final battle was before the movie came out- a 1v3 of Tom Holland's spidey vs Lizard/Sandman/Electro

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

To be fair, who else could they include? Everyone else present in the scene is already in the other set. 

(Yes, I am aware the obvious answer would be to *not* make it an expansion of the final battle, but you gotta play with the cards you're dealt with)

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well there aren't any other characters to include in that set that aren't in the other one. 

On the plus side though, a set with 3 minifigures, 350 pieces, and it doesn't cost almost $100

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's funny, the set almost sounds like it's based on what marvel was pretending the final battle was before the movie came out- a 1v3 of Tom Holland's spidey vs Lizard/Sandman/Electro

I hope there's a reference on the box art of Lizard being attacked by nothing :laugh:

I think it’s going to be too much to ask for battle damage Spidey but a new alternate face (angry reaction) for Electro would make a perfect figure. 

But yeah, you can’t do anything about it coz they included all the needed figures in the main set. Hopefully Lizard is very desirable figure. 

You guys think it will use demogorgon legs? Avatar legs? And molded head? Me, personally I would prefer a demogorgon legs than molded head.

29 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

On the plus side though, a set with 3 minifigures, 350 pieces, and it doesn't cost almost $100

:laugh:

It makes sense for Lizard to have the T-Rex figure tail from the cmf but it also better have the digigrade legs from the capricorn cmf that don't get used nearly enough.

2 hours ago, NXS7 said:

I hope there's a reference on the box art of Lizard being attacked by nothing :laugh:

YES. YES. YES. 

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I think it’s going to be too much to ask for battle damage Spidey but a new alternate face (angry reaction) for Electro would make a perfect figure. 

I agree. An angry face without the mask would be super nice, and only a single new print, plus they could re-use it all over the place if they didn't print the mask. That said, a single face print isn't a dealbreaker for me, so long as the sandman build and Lizard fig are good this'll be a top-tier set.

2 hours ago, NXS7 said:

See and this is what I'm saying. How come the NWH sets, based on one of the biggest movies of all time, are pretty reasonably priced, and the X-men and Marvels sets are double what they should be? This reminds me of when it was rumored the 332nd battle pack would be $27, or that the Lost Tomb would be $80, but in those cases they turned out to be reasonable prices ($20 and $40). The Hoopty RELEASED  with the $90 price point, and I can only assume the X-jet will as well, given we're closing in on January.

5 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

It makes sense for Lizard to have the T-Rex figure tail from the cmf but it also better have the digigrade legs from the capricorn cmf that don't get used nearly enough.

I know this is off topic but calling the Series 15 Satyr a Capricorn was a bit confusing and also hilarious to me. I actually would love for a Capricorn figure with half goat legs half fish tail that sounds genius. Back to Marvel though…. Yikes. 

I remember people complaining that the X Men were wastes of cmf slots. I disagreed then as I assumed Lego would be smart and use the other 2 sets to introduce other characters. But seeing how things played out that ended up being a valid criticism. Why on Earth did Lego choose to repeat Storm and Wolverine in the cmf and both sets? I suppose I wouldn’t mind if we got a molded Tiara and hair piece for her in the X Jet but lets be real who thinks thats going to happen? Not only is that based off her original costume and not the Jim Lee look, they probably wouldn’t give her the mould even if it was for the given look.

That blue and yellow costume someone posted earlier would only be used I feel, if Cyclops and Wolverine alls bad their Uncanny X Men 275th issue special looks, which they are most likely not. Which means she more than likely will have the white 90s look with no leg printing and either the same hair piece or the tussled white hair piece from the Ghostbusters set.  Which is so lame. We are almost guaranteed to get a lesser version of Storm in the set.

plus its over priced for the part to piece ratio? I mean come on this is the worst rumor we have ever heard for this theme in a while. An overpriced set with no new characters is so not what the X Men deserve. I refer to what I said before that Lego has half a**ed X Men content repeatedly. I theorize that Lego designers only really care about Spiderman and the Avengers because that seems to be the only characters they give worthy sets to. DC heroes and the X Men consistently get  low effort figures and builds it seems to speak to me at least about which characters the designers enjoy working with. Such a shame. Should have been Magneto, Cyclops, Jean and Gambit. NONE of those need new moulds. Does Lego think X Men sets won’t sell without Wolverine? Ridiculous coming from the company that made sets for Shang Chi and the Eternals. But Cyclops Jean and Magneto aren’t popular enough to carry their own set?

If the rumor for the X Jet and Mansion are true then we are not getting a Jean Grey figure this year and honestly that is a HUUUUUGEEE disappointment for me and I’ll refrain from saying more because I don’t want to whine but like, agh how could they mess up an X Men wave this bad? I pray the rumors are false. Because how on Earth are Professor X (who’s not set to be in the new show?) and Beast the only new X Men we’re slated to get this year? !

15 minutes ago, cosmic said:

That blue and yellow costume someone posted earlier would only be used I feel, if Cyclops and Wolverine alls bad their Uncanny X Men 275th issue special looks, which they are most likely not. Which means she more than likely will have the white 90s look with no leg printing and either the same hair piece or the tussled white hair piece from the Ghostbusters set.  Which is so lame. We are almost guaranteed to get a lesser version of Storm in the set.

The blue and yellow costumes never appeared in the show, besides Morph wearing it as his default uniform, so they were never going to happen anyway. Also Cyclops never wore one in the comics. He wasn't even an X-Man in UXM #275 when those Strike Force uniforms were used. Only Wolverine, Storm, Psylocke, Jubilee, Gambit, Banshee, and Forge wore them as part of the team. Jean wore one in issues before in the Morlock tunnels when she and Beast teamed up with Banshee and Forge.

Instagram seems to be claiming that Storm as the fourth minifigure was a false alarm. That means we might still see someone else.

8 hours ago, NXS7 said:

Well there aren't any other characters to include in that set that aren't in the other one. 

It‘s almost as if it would have made way more sense to include Lizard in the other set :head_back: But yeah, I‘m not complaining. We finally have a Lizard minifig, the first new Spidey villain since 2019, unless I‘m overlooking something ^^

15 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Instagram seems to be claiming that Storm as the fourth minifigure was a false alarm. That means we might still see someone else.

Smells like a lethal mixture of hopium and copium :laugh: I‘m not getting my hopes up

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

We finally have a Lizard minifig, the first new Spidey villain since 2019, unless I‘m overlooking something

Morbius?

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Smells like a lethal mixture of hopium and copium :laugh: I‘m not getting my hopes up

In truth, the original rumor isn't about Storm. It was Greekbricks who added it, and usually he doesn't have inside information... I consider the slot still vacant, and above all I wouldn't trust too much the minifigures we saw in the preliminary image of the x-mansion. Furthermore, the theme can still continue in the summer, after the release of the series

17 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Morbius?

Black cat?

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Morbius?

Oh whoops. Shame on me for forgetting our lord and saviour, the almight Morb. My punishment shall be a hefty fine of a morbillion dollars :snicker:

3 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Black cat?

Whoops again. Isn’t she more of an anti-villain though? :laugh:

16 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Olive green would be my choice :classic:

Same but I have fears lego would do a darker green. 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Whoops again. Isn’t she more of an anti-villain though? :laugh:

And the Morb-meister isn't?