Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

On 9/1/2023 at 3:29 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

The codes for the same Minifig are visibly different, though. 🫤

The first number is the same, the numbers below are close together. It seems to work, if you have one unopened box and want to get a full set of 12 different figs.

Edited by Graupensuppe

2 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

I was just contemplating the same thing, checking BL currently to see if the figures I want have been added yet.
The only ones I really want are all three X-Men, and in the end I think they warrant spending a bit more on them, 'cause the risk of getting so many I don't want at all is just too big, I think.

Regards,
Mitch

Honestly highly recommend this, I just BL'd Moon Knight for 4,50 euros, which is 0,50 cent more than the retail price. If you want specific figures, defenitely go for BL

There are online sellers out there that sell these as complete sets. I wonder if the fact that you are not guaranteed 3 complete sets in a box will drive up the price of a complete set from these retailers?

Managed to get 6 random boxes from my local Barnes and Noble without duplicates…

Will be using the scale method to hunt down the rest of the wave. The small scale that Ashnflash uses in his video is on Amazon for only $10

https://www.amazon.com/Precision-Digital-Jewelry-Backlit-Stainless/dp/B07DJBDL6L/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=U81MH73UFIM0&keywords=small+scale&qid=1693689289&sprefix=small+sca%2Caps%2C255&sr=8-3

Edited by hvader

So I got the full set of the Marvel Series 2 today without any repeats and thought this might be useful for those with the patience to spend two to three hours in the shop.

I realised we could actually look into the little boxes to see some pieces and identify the minifigures as such. Using the flashlight from my phone, I pressed it against and shined it through one of the bottom corner holes and looked through the corresponding top corner. Move the light around and shake the box to shift the pieces inside and look for prominent colours, unique pieces or printing that stand out for each minifigure.

Managed to find most of them within two hours and the last two were Moon Knight and Mr. Knight, so those two took up the last hour and a half or so. I also placed the extra ones I identified aside and helped a bunch of people get the characters they wanted, including many kids which made their day and their parents'/grandparents', so I think it was worth the hours I spent in the Paris LEGO shop. :blush:

So apparently 10794 (the 55€ Spidey and His Amazing Friends set) comes with both Iron Man and Arnim Zola.

Strange set for our first Arnin Zola minifig, but I won't complain :tongue:

40 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So apparently 10794 (the 55€ Spidey and His Amazing Friends set) comes with both Iron Man and Arnim Zola.

Yooooooo that's amazing (no pun intended)

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Agreed, though unfortunately the Arnim Zola from the show looks almost nothing like any other version of Arnim Zola so won't really be very useful, unlike the Rhino minifig.

If anyone is looking for She-Hulk or Kate Bishop, DM me. I’m willing to trade for a Wolverine.

Edited by psqidexslizer

Hey! Anyone have any instructions to mirror the sanctum sanctorum? Want it to better align with my new layout, and need to mirror it, an instruction book would be helpful, thanks!

7 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Hey! Anyone have any instructions to mirror the sanctum sanctorum? Want it to better align with my new layout, and need to mirror it, an instruction book would be helpful, thanks!

The corner of the roof will be a struggle. You will need a different build as the inverse of that slope isn't included in the set, I'm not even sure if they've ever produced it in the right colour.

34 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

The corner of the roof will be a struggle. You will need a different build as the inverse of that slope isn't included in the set, I'm not even sure if they've ever produced it in the right colour.

Thanks!

15 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Thanks!

Similar viewpoint to Agent Kallus, don't think they produced the mirrored roof corner piece in that colour and the shape prevents simply flipping it for the other side. Looked into mirroring it also, but decided to focus on Hulkbuster modding instead (Still ongoing)

On 9/5/2023 at 12:18 PM, Albert with an A said:

do we know all the sets coming in January 2024 or are there still some we don't know about yet? 

Thanks

I'm pretty sure we know about all the sets for January. We would've heard by now if there were more coming.

Il 9/5/2023 alle 12:18, Albert con una A ha detto:

Conosciamo tutti i set in arrivo a gennaio 2024 o ce ne sono ancora alcuni che non conosciamo ancora?

Grazie

Brickmerge listed 76283 which is unknown and could also be from January

On 9/5/2023 at 11:18 AM, Albert with an A said:

do we know all the sets coming in January 2024 or are there still some we don't know about yet? 

Thanks

Mostly, I do lists every now and again to keep track.

In general, January looks like the following:

Along with potentially 76283, we don't know what that is or when it is releasing, and 30679 (A Venom polybag). Could be other things also, but they may be keeping things under wraps.

I'm loving this CMF wave so much, Storm and Agatha are the standouts for me... I need to go and get doubles.

I was pleasantly surprised about Goliath, his printing is a lot better in person with the metallic silver, and I love getting extra Ant-Mans to put on random Marvel sets like a where's Waldo kind of thing. I'm also surprised how much I love both Moon Knight figs, found the D+ show to be a snooze fest and had no interest, but the minifigs are so well done, might give Moon Knight another shot.

I'm still warming up to Wolverine, my biggest problem is the print limitation on the legs where it cuts off near the waist limiting posability. Overall I don't think CMF Wolvie is a definitive upgrade from the recent Wolverine mech fig and I wish we had gotten a detailed Jean Grey and Cyclops instead of Beast and another Wolverine.

As a minifig Echo is better than Monica Rambeau, but like Monica she's my least favourite of the wave.  

On 9/2/2023 at 5:31 PM, Xavhyr said:

So I got the full set of the Marvel Series 2 today without any repeats and thought this might be useful for those with the patience to spend two to three hours in the shop.

I realised we could actually look into the little boxes to see some pieces and identify the minifigures as such. Using the flashlight from my phone, I pressed it against and shined it through one of the bottom corner holes and looked through the corresponding top corner. Move the light around and shake the box to shift the pieces inside and look for prominent colours, unique pieces or printing that stand out for each minifigure.

Managed to find most of them within two hours and the last two were Moon Knight and Mr. Knight, so those two took up the last hour and a half or so. I also placed the extra ones I identified aside and helped a bunch of people get the characters they wanted, including many kids which made their day and their parents'/grandparents', so I think it was worth the hours I spent in the Paris LEGO shop. :blush:

I have no idea how you did this. I attempted your exact instructions for 30 min and was unsuccessful.

As far as randomly picking, I've been EXTREMELY lucky. Been able to pull 2 Moon Knights, Mr. Knight, Goliath, Hawkeye, Echo, She-Hulk, Storm and Werewolf by Night. Only missing 4. Next time I go to my local store, gonna try the scale trick and hope it works.

Edited by Moon_Knight

1 hour ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

As a minifig Echo is better than Monica Rambeau, but like Monica she's my least favourite of the wave.  

Echo is probably the best printed of the series (between her and Moonknight). Who knows if it's accurate to her appearance and if her show will increase her fandom but the figure itself is a great minifigure.

4 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Mostly, I do lists every now and again to keep track.

In general, January looks like the following:

Now, what's the betting that they reuse the CMFs in this set, meaning I don't have to go through the pain (or Bricklink relative expense) of getting the X-men and just wait for the set?

27 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Now, what's the betting that they reuse the CMFs in this set, meaning I don't have to go through the pain (or Bricklink relative expense) of getting the X-men and just wait for the set?

0%

We could still get Wolverine or Storm, but their designs would have to be different (i.e. Scarlet Witch Endgame suit and Captain Carter stealth suit in 2021).

Maybe we get leather jacket Storm or X-Force Wolverine, but I doubt they'd directly reuse their designs from the CMF.

Edited by Buckethead

50 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

26 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

0%

We could still get Wolverine or Storm, but their designs would have to be different (i.e. Scarlet Witch Endgame suit and Captain Carter stealth suit in 2021).

Maybe we get leather jacket Storm or X-Force Wolverine, but I doubt they'd directly reuse their designs from the CMF.

I am actually going to bet that there is going to be some form of reuse, at the very least, if not an outright repeat.

Perhaps reusing a part of the Wolverine CMF into a 'new' Wolverine design?

An outright repeat of a character but with a completely different or slightly different design (as mentioned, perhaps Storm in leather jacket).

Or an actual reuse/ repeat of a whole CMF minifig itself.

Would anyone bet that the four will be completely different, unreleased characters? The Hasbro X-Jet had Storm in it.

4 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

I have no idea how you did this. I attempted your exact instructions for 30 min and was unsuccessful.

As far as randomly picking, I've been EXTREMELY lucky. Been able to pull 2 Moon Knights, Mr. Knight, Goliath, Hawkeye, Echo, She-Hulk, Storm and Werewolf by Night. Only missing 4. Next time I go to my local store, gonna try the scale trick and hope it works.

I am awaiting my two boxes of 6 on the way. Hoping I will get lucky and get all 12, or else im going to have 6 duplicates!