Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, CF Mitch said:

Wanna bet it'll end up being the Kang variant from the Quantumania post/mid-credit scene, teasing Loki s2? :tongue: 

Regards,
Mitch

Promobricks said his face is blue, I guess he's talking about his helmet visor, so I don't think it's Victor Timely

45 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

Please don't suggest a grey statue Kang like the Rivendell statues :laugh:

no well, i guess the statue represents a character in color :-D

Good morning all... not that I am heartbroken as these are pretty horrible builds, but does anyone know why the sets listed for June release are MIA?? (Wolverine and Capt. Am. Buildable Figures and Capt. Am. & Black Widow Bike Chase)

Hi

It seems like to me that this year's advent calendar is nothing of note, they did do well with the GotG one last year but this one is back to being like the year befores, these will soon be too samey if they don't innovate. 🤞 For something cool next year cause this is an easy skip.

-J.T.i.m.G

29 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Leaked shield: AUO minifigure and does not have a handle to be used O.o

This boggles my mind...

All that money just for an un-interactable (yes I made that word up) display piece, and no exclusive figure to sweeten the deal...

But the figure is just a repeat, included in 2 £10 sets. I don't really get why I'm complaining, I don't want the hassle of trying to obtain WW2 or WS Cap on the second hand market, but at least either of those suits would finally exist in LEGO. Could've even been cheeky and given us Winter Soldier, Falcon or USAgent figures, just anything to make the set desirable to a bigger audience

And why does Age of Ultron Cap have Mjolnir? He couldn't actually lift it at this point. He has it in the advent calendar too, why has Thor's main weapon just been permanently assigned to Captain America? It made sense in the Endgame set, but to me it seems like they're just milking it

5 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Promobricks said his face is blue, I guess he's talking about his helmet visor, so I don't think it's Victor Timely

Oh, didn't know that yet, thanks. That's a relief, then :sweet: 
The more it looks like the comic version, the better :innocent2: 

Regards,
Mitch

I don't understand what market LEGO thinks it has with silly overpriced Marvel sets. Can they get back to modulars? 

I build LEGO because I like the build, the display part is nice too, but I rather it did something while on display. The shield is a $200 display piece that looks like one of the worst builds ever in a LEGO set. Why not just buy a premold one for a tenth of the cost?

Yeah, this is officially the worst LEGO set ever.

The build is hideous. It looks absolutely awful. For that price its back should not look like this.

And not even a new Captain America minifigure. A real slap to the face of potential buyers — even Mjolnir had a new Thor variant. 

The lack of a new cap is bad, but not set-breaking- After all, it's a $200 set with one fig, the fig should not be the focal point of the set. But it would have been SOMETHING in what is otherwise a bad set.

This can't be held, which is a pretty big annoyance to me. I'm not asking for it to be able to survive impact with an object or anything, but you should at least be able to pick it up by a handle. It's also a horrible mess of technic on the back. I'm not asking for it to look 100% accurate on the back, but it'd be nice if it at least kept the rounded look instead of a flat disc on the back.

It’s a decent enough display piece, but this looks like an incredibly tedious build. Again, why buy this when the Marvel Legends version is full-sized, more accurate, can be wielded, and is far cheaper?

Not sure if the Cap being an AoU variant is an oversight or a budgetary thing, but in any case it’s not the focus of the set. 

I’m just going to think back to 2021, that was a damn good year for this theme. We’re seeing so many shortcuts and baffling decisions as of late.

Edited by Kaijumeister

New Caps shield was already kinda meh set to me, but that minifig killed it. This is the most lazy inclusion I be seen Lego do in years! If they chose not to include exclusive WW2 Cap or Stealth suit, they shouldn’t have included any minifigs in the set. At least that way it’s just a weird display piece and nothing more. Now it’s weird display piece with lazy minifig!

1 hour ago, Kaijumeister said:

It’s a decent enough display piece, but this looks like an incredibly tedious build. Again, why buy this when the Marvel Legends version is full-sized, more accurate, can be wielded, and is far cheaper?

There are alot of sets where the real life alternatives are similarly priced (pac man machine, globe, typewriter, football table etc) so they must be selling. I imagine they appeal to a wider audience than just afols. 

I think it looks fine, its a good display piece. I've no interest in buying it but can understand the appeal. 

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

And not even a new Captain America minifigure. A real slap to the face of potential buyers — even Mjolnir had a new Thor variant

Would you really be happier if we got a desirable exclusive Captain America figure locked behind the worst lego marvel set ever made? 

4 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

If they chose not to include exclusive WW2 Cap or Stealth suit, they shouldn’t have included any minifigs in the set. At least that way it’s just a weird display piece and nothing more. Now it’s weird display piece with lazy minifig!

Nvm, actually I think you guys are right

40 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Would you really be happier if we got a desirable exclusive Captain America figure locked behind the worst lego marvel set ever made? 

I couldn't care less, but it would be a logical business move.

Shield looks ok, but wow it has zero appeal to me otherwise. No functions. No handle. Eyesore from the back. Repetitive build. Un-interesting minifigure. The price is ok, but there are dozens of other ways I'd rather spend $200.

I think they are partially banking on collectability here. Mjolnor, Gauntlet, Black Panther Bust, etc. Collect them all, even if the individual items aren't that compelling. 

6 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Best car scenario would if they made an exciting exclusive Cap minifig... And it was one of the licensed parts that somehow ends up on bricks and pieces.:laugh:

The shield seems to be another set that appeals to fans of Marvel, not AFOLs. It's a pretty cool display thing and that's that. Yes, you can probably get a more realistic piece for a similar price but it has the novelty factor of being made out of Lego. I wouldn't buy it, as expensive object sets aren't really my thing, but there's definitely a market for it. 

I keep thinking that a line of these iconic objects on a smaller scale, say between 60 and 80 Euros, all with a similar stand and plate, so that they can be easily displayed next to each other, would have been really cool! Now we have a tiny Iron Man helmet, a huge hammer, with a gray plate, a shield that is too small compared to the original, but still too big to be easily displayed, and obviously too expensive… boh…

I'm glad the minifigure is recycled, so I won't be tempted to buy, but it's one of the laziest choices ever, a laziness that has too often characterized Marvel in this 2023 :-/

Just saw Across the Spiderverse last night and wish we were getting sets for it

1 hour ago, Thwip said:

I bet we will get a set with Miles, Spot and Miguel even if it's a small one and they don't have accurate designs.

1 hour ago, Thwip said:

I had to look up whether they released sets for the first film but apparently they did https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-marvel-spider-man-into-the-spider-verse-sets-available-now

Not that they look particularly accurate compared to the film. 

Hopefully they will do sets for the new film in the future. There is lots of potential, the film seems to be getting rave reviews and lego doesn't often pass up the opportunity to make spiderman  sets :laugh:

5 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

I had to look up whether they released sets for the first film but apparently they did https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-marvel-spider-man-into-the-spider-verse-sets-available-now

Not that they look particularly accurate compared to the film. 

Hopefully they will do sets for the new film in the future. There is lots of potential, the film seems to be getting rave reviews and lego doesn't often pass up the opportunity to make spiderman  sets :laugh:

They didn't. This was in no way connected to Into the Spider-Verse

It was a wave of regular Spider-Man sets that happened to release around the time the movie premiered. Maybe it inspired them to include Miles and Gwen, but it could've been just a coincidence. 

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They didn't. This was in no way connected to Into the Spider-Verse

It was a wave of regular Spider-Man sets that happened to release around the time the movie premiered. Maybe it inspired them to include Miles and Gwen, but it could've been just a coincidence. 

Yeah I didn't think they looked very much like the film. I wasn't into lego then so had to rely on Google. 

I''m disappointed with the shield. I still think it's a great idea for one of these 18+ display sets but it's been executed poorly. The minifigure is an absolute joke - in a $200 collectors' set, we should be getting detailed exclusive figures instead of repeats from a $10 4+ set or a lazy torso reprint (Hulkbuster). I'm not saying I needed the Stealth Suit or Cap 1 outfit (although I would've liked one of them), but why can't we get arm printing and dual molded legs for the AoU variant? 

The build does look very boring although I still think it's a decent display piece. The real problem is the back. I definitely agree that it should've had a handle. Mjolnir is an awesome set because it's life-size and you can swing it around. You can't pick up the shield but even more disappointing is how you can't wall-mount it. LEGO's gone all in on wall-mounting between the Art sets and recent Batwings. Even the new $40 Batwing can be wall-mounted! Wall-mounting should have been an essential feature of this set from the start. 

Amazon (at least in the UK) have recently added sales stats to the lego sets listed on there. It's quite rough and done monthly (Over 100 bought, over 1000 bought etc). 

It's interesting to see the top 10 gross sales (this is rough maths based on the sets listed on the first 2 pages having searched for "Lego marvel")

Buidlable Groot £35,000 

Infinity Gauntlet £24,000

Nano Gauntlet £18,000

Spiderman car and doc ock (4+) £17,980

Spiderman vs rhino (4+) £13,500

Hulk Mech £10,990

Venom Bust £10,000

Rocket Mech £9,800

Guardians ship (Bowie) £8,990

Thanos Mech £8,792

I know this is rough, not representative of other retailers, includes discounts etc but I thought it was interesting. Could explain some of the choices we find odd. Looks like it's the mechs, 4+ and buildable objects bringing in the money :laugh:

Edited by squiz18